• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm officially obsessed

vTiR5Cx.jpg

Well presumably that was the point of hard, but Bungie done fucked up.

I myself enjoy the gatekeepers, and with the right strategy all my groups on GAF, even first timers on hard completed it after a few attempts. Average like 5 attempts. It's in some ways a gear check and a skill check, but since you can just skip them it doesn't really matter.

It seems to me that it's more of a level check than a gear check, of course you can't be going into it with anything less than legendary weapons. It's much harder with all 29's than some 29's and 30's.

Looking for 1 more for Hard Raid. At the Gatekeepers right now. PSN is MrJellyBean. Will probably cheese Atheon after this phase since it's getting late for most of us.

jaaz

Well presumably that was the point of hard, but Bungie done fucked up.

I myself enjoy the gatekeepers, and with the right strategy all my groups on GAF, even first timers on hard completed it after a few attempts. Average like 5 attempts. It's in some ways a gear check and a skill check, but since you can just skip them it doesn't really matter.

Can you share your strategy? Would be appreciated!

Looking for 1 more for Hard Raid. At the Gatekeepers right now. PSN is MrJellyBean. Will probably cheese Atheon after this phase since it's getting late for most of us.

I can jump in if you still need one, just got my alt hunter to 29. Lots of maxed weapons, 28 raid clears. Just sent a FR, PSN is DrDrizzay101.

It seems to me that it's more of a level check than a gear check, of course you can't be going into it with anything less than legendary weapons. It's much harder with all 29's than some 29's and 30's.

People aren't very adaptable, I see a vast majority of people even on hard, that haven't bothered to collect materials to level up their raid weapons etc. Or never use any other weapons than the set they like most (Which even those weapons are often barely leveled). So they have all solar weapons and a suros or something, and are far less effective against praetorians and the like. Obviously some people just haven't gotten any void weapons, but usually people on hard have come across at least one at some point.

Can you share your strategy? Would be appreciated!

Sure

Edited for readability

-Everyone starts at the back of the room, wait until the door opens, setup on the stairs, you count down and kill only the first gatekeeper with snipers/launchers etc as quickly as possible. Once he is dead, one person can run in and open the left gate, once the gate is open all of the Ultimate or "Yellow" adds will disappear. (Note this isn't really necessary, just makes it go a little quicker, since the first part is easy anyways.)

-Then have two team members then enter the left side gate, snipe or rocket the gatekeeper down (Note running to the back middle of the room will make it so the gatekeeper can't hide behind the pillar), but do not kill him, once he is within a hit or two of death he should teleport to the top side of the room, leave the gate.

-Now everyone moves to the right side of the room. People outside keep in mind an oracle will spawn over the left gate periodically, but it's much easier to deal with than the conflux Minotaurs. You open the right gate, two members go in, quickly kill the gatekeeper here as he has far less health then the gatekeeper on the left. A few rockets (Horn maybe?) will do, or sniper shots from two people will also suffice. Grab the relic, leave the gate.

-Now the group heads back to the left side, we've already almost killed the gatekeeper here, so you should be in and out quickly by simply running past the adds, killing the gatekeepr and grabbing the second relic. Both of you just run back along the outside and exit the gate.

head for the middle. Now you defend the conflux for 20 seconds or so, and Voilà you're done.

Tekku

Do you guys think that they will implement an easier (or at least a less random) way to get to level 30 with the DLC?

I'm thinking if it's really worth it to grind the raid. It seems too frustrating if you don't have RNGesus on your side.

TTG

Anyone care to elucidate me on raid loot drops? I've gone through about 3 times and have been fortunate with item variety(I think the only thing I would like is the scout rifle, but there's no burning need), so are the auto drops redundant for me at this point? In other words, do the auto drops(not the chests) pull exclusively from a raid gear/weapons pool or is there a chance of an exotic weapon?

Do you guys think that they will implement an easier (or at least a less random) way to get to level 30 with the DLC?

I'm thinking if it's really worth it to grind the raid. It seems too frustrating if you don't have RNGesus on your side.

I've done the raid once on hard and once on normal but I largely ignore it at this point. It was fun but I just don't care about getting to 30. 29 is good enough for me, and I spend most of my time in PvP anyway.

Yeah it's really the Suros of the handcannons. I hope it never sells at Xur, because it would lead to an overuse and then some kind of nerf will follow for handcannons.

Usually the bonus shot is 126. Must have been a glitch or something because holy shit! That's enough to kill 1 and a half people!

I wasn't feeling it at first because of the wild recoil but then I realized that it practically returns to where you were aiming initially so you can rapid fire those elephant destroying rounds back to back.

I don't think I could like this gun anymore lol

We did it. We beat the Vault of Glass without dying and secured one of my proudest Platinum Trophies. Dare I say...? Yes, I have become 1/6th legend.

Damn, that's the only trophy I have left. Been trying to find a group for it but haven't been able to find anyone to give it a go yet. How long did it take to get a good run?

RickD

They really need to add matchmaking to the heroic strikes.. I'm running out of people to play with as they are going to the PS4 and i'm still stuck on PS3 :(

Damn, that's the only trophy I have left. Been trying to find a group for it but haven't been able to find anyone to give it a go yet. How long did it take to get a good run?

3 Days, 10 hours, 5-6 full runs give or take. Hardest part was getting the Warlocks through the platforming section. All 29, all fully upgraded weapons, all trophy hunters, all very very good at Destiny.

TURBO1112

I think Im cursed. Beaten the raid so many times, and still only 1 raid gear. Have plenty of speeders and ships and Atheon Epilogues and Chatterwhite.. Will keep trying. Raid is fun to do.

Question: Is it possible to drop relic so I can help the team shoot Atheon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom