• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

TUSR

Banned
I think Im cursed. Beaten the raid so many times, and still only 1 raid gear. Have plenty of speeders and ships and Atheon Epilogues and Chatterwhite.. Will keep trying. Raid is fun to do.

Question: Is it possible to drop relic so I can help the team shoot Atheon?

you need to use the relic's shield between gates so you can just pump damage into him.

The cleanse function is a shield from damage.

I have 3 characters and I have waited 4 weeks for two pair of hands. And then I got them both this week.

Just play and things will happen.
I'm trying but this game is testing my patience. Only thing that bothers me is that I need to wait a whole week just to get a shot at attempting to get the boots again. Even then it's not a guarantee.

Daemul

Did the raid on Normal + Hard on my Main and Normal + Hard on my Alt yet 0 Raid Boots.

Bungie pls
You should have just done the Raid on hard to start with, since you get double drops from chests and bosses if you haven't done normal yet. You have a much higher chance of getting what you want if you do this, hell, it's the reason I was able to get the gear to reach level 30 so quickly, even though I only have one character.

breakfuss

Anyone willing to include my 25 alt in a normal raid? :) I'm like an 1/8 of an 1/8 way from 26. Have mythoclast and Atheons epilogue and praedyths reven. Done the raid a few times. Just need some raid/legendary gear for my hunter!!!

Midas

I think Im cursed. Beaten the raid so many times, and still only 1 raid gear. Have plenty of speeders and ships and Atheon Epilogues and Chatterwhite.. Will keep trying. Raid is fun to do.

Question: Is it possible to drop relic so I can help the team shoot Atheon?

Yeah it's weird. Two of my friends got all the gear within three runs. Sometimes it feels like the game wants to punish me for the loot cave. :)

You should have just done the Raid on hard to start with, since you get double drops from chests and bosses if you haven't done normal yet. You have a much higher chance of getting what you want if you do this, hell, it's the reason I was able to get the gear to reach level 30 so quickly, even though I only have one character.
That's what I did on my Main. Just didn't do that for my Alt. Still, been looking for boots the past 3 weeks with no success. Have had players in my game get it multiple times though.

RNG..

Yeah it's weird. Two of my friends got all the gear within three runs. Sometimes it feels like the game wants to punish me for the loot cave. :)

No cave farm here and I've done the raid on hard so norm/hard loot on all three of my characters every week. Still haven't received boots for two, and only one piece for my hunter. I have the luck of the Irish.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...s_what_if_the_collapse_is_a_metaphor_for_the/

I was leveling my new Hunter with a friend when Dinklebot graced me with some of his classy Cosmodrome dialogue:

"This place must have been amazing before the Collapse."

My friend and I laughed off the comment, and I said aloud, "I'm sure it must have been amazing at the start of development too, Dinklage."

That got me thinking: what if the "Collapse" is just a metaphor for what happened to the game/story before it was released? As in, the writers decided to toss in some cheeky humor since the game wasn't coming out the way they wanted it to.

What if the Destiny lore is, in fact, just a meta tale of Bungie/Destiny as a whole? The Traveler could be Activision, the speaker could be a PR rep, the Golden Age could be all that tasty money they got from working with Activision, but then the darkness came.

Something changed. The Darkness arrived, and everything fell apart. Then... the Collapse. "Change this, change that!" I bet it was amazing back then too, Dinklebot. I bet it was.

The Fallen arrive, scavenging their databases for sweet Ether, revealing all their levels and weapons from their concept art and feasting on them like they're sustenance. Then the Hype--I mean, the Hive--arrives, pulled in by the Darkness' $500 million siren call, arriving from out of nowhere to seed the game with false God-Complexes. But Crota fell to sleep long ago, Hive. What were they hoping for when worshiping this game as a God without truly knowing it?

And then the Vex. The game releases, and here we are, going back in time, pulling up articles from before the game was even made to pick apart quotes, manipulating words and sentences to our liking like an Oracle, eradicating cautious language from existence with our Rituals of Negativity. And all within our Hivemind - the Internet. GameFaqs. Reddit. Bungie.net.

My God. We're the Vex, guys. It was us all along.

Day 28-I've been farming on the moon. Farming on the moon is easy. I pick up my hoe, and shits easy to see. You see that Helium Filament over there? That's like a mile away and I can see it. Truly the best place to farm stuff on. Too bad my armor needs other things. Hopefully I'll live to update further on my farming. For now, I'll put on my farmers cap and forge on.

NeOak

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...s_what_if_the_collapse_is_a_metaphor_for_the/

I was leveling my new Hunter with a friend when Dinklebot graced me with some of his classy Cosmodrome dialogue:

My friend and I laughed off the comment, and I said aloud, "I'm sure it must have been amazing at the start of development too, Dinklage."

That got me thinking: what if the "Collapse" is just a metaphor for what happened to the game/story before it was released? As in, the writers decided to toss in some cheeky humor since the game wasn't coming out the way they wanted it to.

What if the Destiny lore is, in fact, just a meta tale of Bungie/Destiny as a whole? The Traveler could be Activision, the speaker could be a PR rep, the Golden Age could be all that tasty money they got from working with Activision, but then the darkness came.

Something changed. The Darkness arrived, and everything fell apart. Then... the Collapse. "Change this, change that!" I bet it was amazing back then too, Dinklebot. I bet it was.

The Fallen arrive, scavenging their databases for sweet Ether, revealing all their levels and weapons from their concept art and feasting on them like they're sustenance. Then the Hype--I mean, the Hive--arrives, pulled in by the Darkness' $500 million siren call, arriving from out of nowhere to seed the game with false God-Complexes. But Crota fell to sleep long ago, Hive. What were they hoping for when worshiping this game as a God without truly knowing it?

And then the Vex. The game releases, and here we are, going back in time, pulling up articles from before the game was even made to pick apart quotes, manipulating words and sentences to our liking like an Oracle, eradicating cautious language from existence with our Rituals of Negativity. And all within our Hivemind - the Internet. GameFaqs. Reddit. Bungie.net.

9acf46eba879705e9ff0f3c7a288cb88.gif

http://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/74392854/0/0/1

DeeJ: I am the one who speaks for Bungie. You must have no end of questions gamer...

Gamer: So whats happening with our feedback?

DeeJ: I could tell you of the great battle that's happening on the forums, of how changes are coming. I could tell of the changes to the game during development. There are many tales told throughout the forums to scare gamers... Lately those tales have stopped and the gamers are frightened anyway...

JackHerer

Best weapon in the game IMO.

It's undoubtedly my favorite primary in the game. People talk about Suros being the best weapon in the game right now but I think Hawkmoon has it beat. I personally don't have a Suros but I never have trouble beating it if I hit head shots.

With its range/accuracy upgrades it out performs most scout rifles from longer range. Plus that 3/13 chance for bonus damage is crazy powerful (with a headshot it becomes 2hk). It absolutely wrecks in PvP if you are halfway decent and can get consistent head shots.

Ken

for the Last City everything seems pretty peachy down there

maybe the point of the Tower is to protect the city from the lunatic guardians and their crazy leader the Speaker from infecting it

http://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/74392854/0/0/1

DeeJ: I am the one who speaks for Bungie. You must have no end of questions gamer...

Gamer: So whats happening with our feedback?

DeeJ: I could tell you of the great battle that's happening on the forums, of how changes are coming. I could tell of the changes to the game during development. There are many tales told throughout the forums to scare gamers... Lately those tales have stopped and the gamers are frightened anyway...

You're interesting. Not entirely interesting but, you have promise.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I think most people can do the VoG normal now without fucking up. Just had an almost perfect run with a bunch of randoms.

Kei-

This Xyor mission is a right pain. :(

Grab an arc fusion rifle or primary for the knights, and a solar fusion or primary for the wizards, just back up to the top of the stairs on the third wave at the door and take out the wizards,

When you get to Phogoth, use the rock by the back left of the room when there are no wizards out, and run back to the room just before the Shrieker when there are wizards out.

Solo'd it a short while ago in 17 mins, wanted to see how bad it was really. Being level 30 helped a lot lol. I had to do it like 3 times already to help friends, we were only 25-27 those times.

TURBO1112

For the raid what do you guys prefer. Fully upgraded Regime or fully upgraded Atheons Epilogue.

I have been going with the latter so I can use Icebreaker as my special.

Kei-

For the raid what do you guys prefer. Fully upgraded Regime or fully upgraded Atheons Epilogue.

Fully upgraded vision of confluence if you have it, and a void machine gun if you have that as well. Then you can use the icebreaker. If not, Suros with a void fusion rifle.

Atheons for raid, easily. IB and Gjall are much, much better exotics. Regime is fine but nothing special for the raid, really a waste of an exotic.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey

Regime is fantastic. Atheon's Epilogue is okay in the normal version of the raid, but I wouldn't use it on hard. I do carry both guns along with Ice Breaker so I can swap mid-game depending on the situation.

Kei-

I have VoC fully upgraded too.

It's a great primary for gobs and hobgobs, if you have corrective measure, it eats void shield, then you can two-shot minotaurs and like 4 shot praetorians with the icebreaker (mine is fully upgraded). I hold down the middle by myself with that combination when we're getting the second relic at the gatekeepers.

even if we survived the puzzle, we weren't coordinated in the gatekeeper round and we got suicide bombed by a supplicant on atheon while in the center platform.

was a good practice run at least.

I still don't get why people do the middle platform strat for Aetheon on flawless raider attempts. There's far too much movement leaving too much room for error, divebombing harpies, or someone screwing the pooch on a jump and falling off the map. My group always, ALWAYS did one guy on left pillar, one guy on right pillar, and one guy high up on the ledge above left (mars) portal. The three 'portal crew' guys just stayed on the back wall and used the relic cleanse shield for the two gunners there to DPS as much as possible, while the two pillar guys and the guy above the portal just DPS with whatever they could (which at the time was vanilla weapons except for one gjallarhorn user - me). The pillar guys can keep harpies in check with their supers while they rocket/icebreaker Aetheon and the 3 portal guys never have to worry about a stray enemy slamming their backside.

I can't remember the last time we died during the Aetheon phase, and during the gatekeeper phase it's even easier since that phase lasts like 2 minutes if you have a gjallar user because he can 2-shot the 2nd gatekeeper. What we do is two guys go into mars, kill keeper, and grab relic. The guy that doesn't have gjallar grabs relic. They call out when the gatekeeper in mars is at 30% so one of the four guys outside can go get venus open. This guy should have his super and a full compliment of rockets so he can open it and hold it for ~30 seconds or so. When the two guys in mars side come out, they IMMEDIATELY rush over and enter venus while the other 3 guys outside protect the conflux. When the two guys get inside venous, the shield guy throws up the relic shield and the gjallar user 2-shots the gatekeepr and uses a 3rd rocket to clear all the adds that are still left over from the explosions. They rush and grab the shield and exit, convening with the 4 guys outside at the conflux. This phase is beyond easy if done correctly.

I'm currently working on getting another group through their flawless raider that isn't my usual crew that I run with, but since I can only devote one 3-hr session a week to them we've only made one practice session the week before last and one actual attempt at it last week, and we almost did it then. I'm pretty confident they'll get their flawless this week. Heck one of them already did it with a different group. It's a much easier achievement/trophy than I originally expected, thankfully.

The biggest problem isn't even the fighting. People are so nervous by the time they get to the jumping room that they choke. It's like bad test taking all over again. When we got there during our successful run a couple weeks ago I just asked that everyone take a full 10 minute break, smoke a joint or take a valium or something, and just bloody relax, because we'd had one guy fail that room several times previously and another guy fail it that day during our first run. Once everyone just walked away from the game for 10 minutes, we came back and nobody screwed the jumping room and once again we cleared gatekeepers/aetheon without a hitch because that session is silly easy.

I feel sorry for groups after the patch that screws up the Aetheon fight though, because you always have those people in the group that are like 'I never do X function'. If he starts teleporting people completely at random, there's a damn good chance someone's gonna get pulled into venus unprepared and fubar the whole thing. Get it while you can ladies and gents.

I have VoC fully upgraded too.

VoC all day every day. With the ammo drop nerf I find myself running dry too easily with Aetheons. VoC is just too damn versatile and you can swap out its upgrade between praetorians or oracles depending on where you are in the raid. Suros regime has no elemental damage and as others have said it's a waste of an exotic if you have icebreaker and/or gjallarhorn.

I nearly always run VoC, Praedyth's Revenge (or the fusion rifle from the raid), and Gjallarhorn, and only switch out for Icebreaker if I run out of rockets and can't burn an ammo synth anytime soon.

Ikkarus

Grab an arc fusion rifle or primary for the knights, and a solar fusion or primary for the wizards, just back up to the top of the stairs on the third wave at the door and take out the wizards,

When you get to Phogoth, use the rock by the back left of the room when there are no wizards out, and run back to the room just before the Shrieker when there are wizards out.

Solo'd it a short while ago in 17 mins, wanted to see how bad it was really. Being level 30 helped a lot lol. I had to do it like 3 times already to help friends, we were only 25-27 those times.
Cheers for the advice, I'll give it another go!

We found one of the better ways past the slip crack is to creep up right up to it and just jump over. The big problem isn't really the difficulty, but just how tense everyone is during it. Practice and persist it's most definitely worth it.

We did a few practice jumps afterwards to make sure we're all prepared for tonight. I'll be surprised if we don't make it this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom