• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.
our raid group strat is fine. we do enough dps on atheon to take him out in 2 runs, which we can knock down to 1 if we're efficient and coordinated enough.

everything else is a matter of minimizing errors. doing something completely different - especially one we've already practiced and can do without any deaths just fine - would be a mistake.

i personally don't care about the trophy though, unless sony gives me free pizza for a week or something.

Marvel

could never
Later on today I'm going to kill Atheon on Hard, long time coming. I hope I get something good.

I want the sparrow the most, lol.

squidyj

Do you guys think that they will implement an easier (or at least a less random) way to get to level 30 with the DLC?

I'm thinking if it's really worth it to grind the raid. It seems too frustrating if you don't have RNGesus on your side.

the only reason they would make it easier to hit 30 is because they added new raid gear that takes you to a higher level and you need to be 30 to run that raid.

Tekku

I really wish there was some system that let you transfer your stats to another armor. I'm so tired of running around with the same type of armor. I want to use the Vanguard Armada Type 3 but it has crappy stats for my playstyle. :/

And the raid armor looks horrible. What an anticlimax to grind for that one.

-edit-

The funny thing is that some of the low-tier armor looks awesome. Sometimes I run past a level 15 guy and he has the coolest looking gear.

Zocano

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...s_what_if_the_collapse_is_a_metaphor_for_the/

I was leveling my new Hunter with a friend when Dinklebot graced me with some of his classy Cosmodrome dialogue:

"This place must have been amazing before the Collapse."

My friend and I laughed off the comment, and I said aloud, "I'm sure it must have been amazing at the start of development too, Dinklage."

That got me thinking: what if the "Collapse" is just a metaphor for what happened to the game/story before it was released? As in, the writers decided to toss in some cheeky humor since the game wasn't coming out the way they wanted it to.

What if the Destiny lore is, in fact, just a meta tale of Bungie/Destiny as a whole? The Traveler could be Activision, the speaker could be a PR rep, the Golden Age could be all that tasty money they got from working with Activision, but then the darkness came.

Something changed. The Darkness arrived, and everything fell apart. Then... the Collapse. "Change this, change that!" I bet it was amazing back then too, Dinklebot. I bet it was.

The Fallen arrive, scavenging their databases for sweet Ether, revealing all their levels and weapons from their concept art and feasting on them like they're sustenance. Then the Hype--I mean, the Hive--arrives, pulled in by the Darkness' $500 million siren call, arriving from out of nowhere to seed the game with false God-Complexes. But Crota fell to sleep long ago, Hive. What were they hoping for when worshiping this game as a God without truly knowing it?

And then the Vex. The game releases, and here we are, going back in time, pulling up articles from before the game was even made to pick apart quotes, manipulating words and sentences to our liking like an Oracle, eradicating cautious language from existence with our Rituals of Negativity. And all within our Hivemind - the Internet. GameFaqs. Reddit. Bungie.net.

My God. We're the Vex, guys. It was us all along.

Oh god it's the indoctrination theory all over again.

How is the Exotic sparrow Dawnchaser(?) obtained?

exotic sparrow.. say wut?

9405134023_bc538604ff_z.jpg

Marvel

could never
Flick me a message when you're ready, just playing PvP currently.

Cool, I may be able to pop on in a mo, need more people though.

That and poop-brown are Destinys official colors.

When I received the "Crypt Hammer" ship the other day I was all like 'Aw yiss with a badass name like this it's gotta be black or red or something!' it isn't. Motherfuckin' brown.

50 shades of poop indeed.

did an impromptu raid tonight, thought i was going to bed but got an invite for it and joined in. we knocked off the templar and atheon off the ledge, never seen that before.

didn't get shit but more energy and some shards, but that's ok for me. i just managed to scrape my way into lvl 29.

Shit, I opened a chest on Mars and got a yellow popup...

Forgotten I had the Bounty for Super Good Advice active. My heart nearly exploded. :lol

Phear

So...um... i never played the story in the right order but through chunks of daily missions in totally fucked up order, so i hadn't any interest in watching any cutscenes. Since everybody says the story sucked, i'll just read up on that. Can't be too long.

But seiously, what's up with the traveller? I can't remember a single word/scene about it.

Steroyd

So...um... i never played the story in the right order but through chunks of daily missions in totally fucked up order, so i hadn't any interest in watching any cutscenes. Since everybody says the story sucked, i'll just read up on that. Can't be too long.

But seiously, what's up with the traveller? I can't remember a single word/scene about it.

Lots of things get mentioned but not explained, they don't even have time to explain why they're not explaining, except exposition bot during loading screens.

hydruxo

I have both Monte Carlo & Hawkmoon and it's pretty incredible how much of a gap there is between the two. MC is absolutely awful while Hawkmoon is probably one of the best weapons in the game.

Midas

I have both Monte Carlo & Hawkmoon and it's pretty incredible how much of a gap there is between the two. MC is absolutely awful while Hawkmoon is probably one of the best weapons in the game.

What is it that make Monte Carlo so bad? I have it and think it's totally fine. I've switched over to my VoC though, but I've played lots with Monte Carlo.

Tekku

I think I've finally found the perfect setup for my Titan in PvP:

• Primary: Lord High Fixer (insane range and accuracy)
• Special: Light/Beware (insane charge time)
• Heavy: Gjallarhorn (insane multi-target damage)

• Grenade: Lightning grenade x2 with Armamentarium. If you have good map awareness you can use it very tactically to surprise a large amount of enemies. NEVER throw it on the ground, that's the basic rule. Look for walls and objects close to capture points or doorways and make the lightning shoot out where the enemy is or wants to go.

• Fists of Havoc with Headstrong. There is no other super combo to use in PvP really. Using this setup you can learn to carry your momentum over objects or do very long leaps over empty spaces. B point on Shores of Time is a good example; take the right route with the platform, but don't land on it. Make a long lift jump around the corner and then judge your distance correctly so that Fists of Havoc can carry you the rest of the way and land perfectly at the flag (or where the enemy now stands).

Most of time when I use this setup I end up with results like this:

S0gb.png

hydruxo

What is it that make Monte Carlo so bad? I have it and think it's totally fine. I've switched over to my VoC though, but I've played lots with Monte Carlo.

-The low impact and having to empty a whole clip into one guy in PVP
-In PvE it's decent against mobs but it's essentially more of a SMG than an auto rifle, so you're just limiting yourself by wasting your exotic slot on it IMO. You're better off just using a more versatile primary.
-The upgrades are for hip fire and melee, which for an exotic is really boring and not particularly helpful.

Tovarisc

I think I need look into putting group together this weekend for Flawless Raider -trophy. I'm thinking dedicated, high level, players with raid experience and good weapons for burning bosses down fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom