• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/74392854/0/0/1

DeeJ: I am the one who speaks for Bungie. You must have no end of questions gamer...

Gamer: So whats happening with our feedback?

DeeJ: I could tell you of the great battle that's happening on the forums, of how changes are coming. I could tell of the changes to the game during development. There are many tales told throughout the forums to scare gamers... Lately those tales have stopped and the gamers are frightened anyway...

A cheese patch is coming. We will not survive it this time.

Raid number 10 complete, more shards and my 7th Chatterwhite, still not a single armor drop.

evqdwc.gif

I know the feeling...

Sh0k

Yesterday I solo the weekly nightfall with my level 29 Hunter, previously I finished the Nightfall with a full group of three with my level 28 Titan but I wanted to see if I could finish by myself, so I loaded my Hunter with my Cryptic Dragon SC and tried for the first time the Plan C exotic Fusion Rifle, that Fusion Rifle is a beast, the range and impact is amazing, all I needed was a couple of shots to defeats the hardest knights and maybe 3 shots to defeat the wizards. The last boss took me maybe 5-10 mins with the Plan C and that's without any upgrades.

I can't believe I made 30 yesterday.... Haven't been incredibly lucky with drops but I got my required armour pieces...

Also where the best place to get 500 machine gun kills?

Got about 2 and a half hours to run some stuff. Have a level 29 Warlock and a level 25 Titan that just needs XP. On PS4 this morning. Nick_or_Dawood
Friend me for Daily, Weekly, Raid, or what have you.

We used middle and had no issues whatsoever. 3 portal trips very clean. The hardest part was clearing platforming, and thankfully we only needed to clear it once.

Don't get me wrong, a good group that isn't careless can do the middle platform thing just fine. The problem is so many people are so nervous, like with the platforming, that they screw up . I just prefer methods that leave less room for error or careless mistakes.

Ugh I've reached the summoning pits for Xyor, where the heck is he? Anyone fancy helping me out for the bounty?

You need to kill the waves of adds (without killing the boss) until he appears. I think it's on the third or fourth wave.

Have fun dealing with all those Wizards.

On an urelated note: why don't we have a "resume activity"-option? When I get kicked out of a Daily or Weekly Heroic, I'd like to be able to resume without having to completely restart. Bungie has a checkpoint system in there, why can't they let us use it?

Nah. I much prefer not having to worry about special ammo. Also weapons of light = over 17,000 per crit.

Gjallarhorn does 20k-25k per shot on normal and if you're geared up you get 8 rounds when your ammo is maxed. AFAIK the record for taking down Aetheon the quickest on hard mode still stands as the group using Gjallarhorns. Ice breaker is great and all but the requirement to get crits to maximize its damage means that not everyone in the group is going to be doing max damage, whereas with Gjallarhorns everyone can be doing max damage on every shot. If only we could use two exotics...

I will forever preach Gjallar's praises until a better weapon comes out with DLC.

Midas

I can't believe I made 30 yesterday.... Haven't been incredibly lucky with drops but I got my required armour pieces...

Also where the best place to get 500 machine gun kills?

Critical hit kill gives you 3. So you can do it quite fast. I did it on Mars while collecting relic iron.

Gjallarhorn does 20k-25k per shot on normal and if you're geared up you get 8 rounds when your ammo is maxed. AFAIK the record for taking down Aetheon the quickest on hard mode still stands as the group using Gjallarhorns. Ice breaker is great and all but the requirement to get crits to maximize its damage means that not everyone in the group is going to be doing max damage, whereas with Gjallarhorns everyone can be doing max damage on every shot. If only we could use two exotics...

I will forever preach Gjallar's praises until a better weapon comes out with DLC.

Not everyone had a Gjalla though, and we were inside the bubble. There's no point changing strat now when we're already good at what we do.

Steroyd

I think I'll die laughing, if after all this hoohah about patching the Atheon cheese, that xur sells the Gjallahorn this week.

*Splinter

Only 25k? Pretty sure my supremacy does 15k and easily fires more than twice as fast as gjalla. It's a great rocket launcher but I don't think you can beat a sniper for pure DPS.

Ice Breaker isn't a great example, it's only strength is infinite ammo (which is a big plus, but not always necessary)

Namikaze1

Man, I hated the Thorn Bounty. Left it alone for a week and a half. Then I got Athean's Epilogue. It took an hour and a half one Friday morning to get the 483 points I needed to complete the bounty.

Zakalwe

Banned
I think I need look into putting group together this weekend for Flawless Raider -trophy. I'm thinking dedicated, high level, players with raid experience and good weapons for burning bosses down fast.

I'm interested.

Level 30 Titan Defender.
Maxed raid worthy gear:
Ahteon's Epilogue
Suros Regime
Corrective Measure
Hezen Vengeance

Almost maxed Ice Breaker (should be maxed by the weekend, I have the energy for it).

I have VoC and the Mythoclast too, if the buff hits before the weekend I could take that too. VoC isn't leveled yet but I can get it up by then.

Completed both raid levels.
Normal 9 times, HM twice now.
Very confident.

I should add that, so far at least, my personal jump and gorgon runs are flawless. :p
I also know how to use the relic.

Booties

Banned
Man, I hated the Thorn Bounty. Left it alone for a week and a half. Then I got Athean's Epilogue. It took an hour and a half one Friday morning to get the 483 points I needed to complete the bounty.

The best way to do it imo. I grinded it out the day before I got my AE. So salty.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I think I need look into putting group together this weekend for Flawless Raider -trophy. I'm thinking dedicated, high level, players with raid experience and good weapons for burning bosses down fast.
I am down for it. Lvl 30 Hunter with many maxed weapons.

Uhh... what?! I thought the best so far was the Timebreaker o_O

It is along with another Legendary sparrow you get as one of the rewards for the upcoming Trials of Osiris.The exotic sparrow is probably DLC or another future event reward.

One of the Trials emblem is an exotic, don't know about exotic ships/shaders or ghost skins though.

It is along with another Legendary sparrow you get as one of the rewards for the upcoming Trials of Osiris.The exotic sparrow is probably DLC or another future event reward.

One of the Trials emblem is an exotic, don't know about exotic ships/shaders or ghost skins though.

When do these 'Osiris trials' start?

TTG

Sometimes skirmish can be so frustrating, players that will sprint into 1 on 3 encounters, ignore heavy ammo drops, desperately try to revive teammates that are in the middle of some super/grenade effects... good times.

Deku Tree

Hello!

Starting Daily 28 in one minute, about to go turn my PS4 on...
PS4 DekuBleep

If you want to do the daily 28 right now, please join my fireteam

Not everyone had a Gjalla though, and we were inside the bubble. There's no point changing strat now when we're already good at what we do.

Oh yeah I get that, and rockets inside bubble is bad b/c someone on the team might strafe in front of you or something. That's just another reason I prefer the pillar strat, because we're all free and clear to fire at will with those sweet rockets.

Only 25k? Pretty sure my supremacy does 15k and easily fires more than twice as fast as gjalla. It's a great rocket launcher but I don't think you can beat a sniper for pure DPS.

Ice Breaker isn't a great example, it's only strength is infinite ammo (which is a big plus, but not always necessary)

I'm only guessing as I don't have an accurate count of how many wolf pack rockets come out, but I think it's around 25k. Sure snipers can do more burst damage IF they fire fast and IF you're very good at getting crits on every shot. That goes back to my thing about the fact that not everyone in the group is going to be critting every shot, or even likely more than 50% of their shots, especially if he's moving aroun, unless they slow down and take time to aim their shots, which would defeat the purpose b/c they wouldn't be firing faster than Gjalla. Gjalla you basically just glance at him and fire/forget it, fire 2nd rocket and forget it, then duck down to reload. It's practically idiot proof, with massive damage to boot. The tracking locks on him effortlessly, and even the wolfpack rounds track him (as opposed to clusterdrops from other RLs).

It's very telling that the world record wasn't from a group of sniper rifle users. I'll gladly eat crow if there's a sub-17second kill on hard with snipers rather than rockets.

broony

If you have done the normal raid this week, if you do it again can you still get the shards from the chests, or is that it for all loot for the week? you get literally nothing for doing it again?

Steroyd

I'd be interested level 30 titan maxed nearly everything, can use the relic so the bs patch of randomness won't catch me off guard, good at the platform jumping section etc.

I'd suggest at least 4 people know how to use the relic statistically that's all you need to cover all bases.

Zakalwe

Banned
Sometimes skirmish can be so frustrating, players that will sprint into 1 on 3 encounters, ignore heavy ammo drops, desperately try to revive teammates that are in the middle of some super/grenade effects... good times.

Players ignoring HW ammo spawns in all modes baffles me.

In control, a single ammo spawn for my corrective measure gives me 150 rounds total (100 in the mag). I can lock down a point by myself with that.

6 people holding (obviously HWs themselves vary, but even the lower rares are effective) can swing a game for the win if they make their shots count.

I always wait at the HW spawn and watch radar, delay as long as I can. Sometimes one person will eventually run toward it.

Baffling.

Please bring me exotic gauntlets for my Titan tomorrow Xur! No Back Up Plans! Gauntlets are the only raid armour piece I am missing. Please Xur! I have all the materials and then some to level it up, I could get to 30 this weekend!

Mrgamer

Please bring me exotic gauntlets for my Titan tomorrow Xur! No Back Up Plans! Gauntlets are the only raid armour piece I am missing. Please Xur! I have all the materials and then some to level it up, I could get to 30 this weekend!
Need gaunlets for my warlock too.

Steroyd

If you have done the normal raid this week, if you do it again can you still get the shards from the chests, or is that it for all loot for the week? you get literally nothing for doing it again?

Literally nothing, you get nothing for opening the chests on hard either, well except that one that gives you spirit bloom.

*Splinter

lol no. The Icebreaker hits hard.
High damage per shot but low fire rate. The DPS is good but not unusually so, especially if you need more than 6 shots.

Supremacy is the same but with much better handling and recoil. I would guess that low impact high RoF snipers also have very similar DPS, but haven't tested this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom