• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

The way I see it, Bungie is gonna troll everyone who didn't get Gjallahorn the week t was being sold by launching a patch mere minutes before Xur shows up with it again.

I think Bungie will nerf any weapon Xur sells cuz people will cry about them because more people will use them.

todd360

I hope Xur has that exotic Sunsinger chest armor. Didn't have enough coins last time. Have done a bit of grinding and have 40 strange coins and 30 motes this week saved up

Another Sunsinger chest would be good too. Though the upcoming nerf might ruin it completely :3

FTFY

EL CUCO

this is why the first loot cave was a great experience. yes, you're standing around shooting a few enemies spawning from a hole, but you're also pissing yourself laughing with your buddies and several randoms who've joined in the fray. if you manage to stick around long enough, a public event or fallen vs hive war will occur - sometimes both every hour. it made skywatch a lively hotspot, which is normally an outlying area that wont see much traffic until jovian complex DLC.

the players scrambling to find a new cave is kinda missing the point.

OiXOvTg.gif

Original loot cave was more of a hub than The Tower.

Shito

The other bounties you have that can be completed in patrol areas take less than half an hour to complete (100 kills, 10 fallen leaders, etc...), so that's one PE done. After that, if you don't need materials you're literally jsut standing around in an area you /only/ need the PE for.

And when the events themselves sometimes don't spawn correctly it can become frustrating.

It's not fun waiting in low level areas with nothing to do but hope your PE spawns correctly (or that your kill target doesn't just teleport to the final checkpoint before you get a chance to down it). That's not exactly fun design. Not sure why you're defending it so adamantly.
I don't know the situation you are describing because it never happened to me.
If you are actively trying to complete bounties, chances are you are trying to optimize your routes and group them together. When the public event one drops, I group it with 100 kills / 10 fallen leaders / 6 patrols on the cosmodrome / 30 melee kills / etc., and hit the cosmodrome right before the divide one or the skywatch one begins.
With all the going back and forth between those two areas, I usually have just the right amount of time to complete or nearly complete the other bounties, while doing my 3 public events.

The public event feature is designed so that you are supposed to see them randomly. And rarely.
And for the hardcore players, there is a way to chase them down.
Sure it's not perfect, but it's working quite well, for what it was designed to be, and for us bounty runners. ^^

realcZk

The Dead Rising games all have a real countdown clock, and when it hits zero, game over.
And I don't know what that image is if it's not a PS2 screen of sorts

Ah ok, that screen is actually from Majora's Mask (you have three days to prevent the moon from crashing into clock town). :D

so, patch today, gjallarhorn tomorrow?

Don't even joke about these things. I was (apparently) one of the lucky few who actually bought it from Xur and I've been beating the Ghorn drum ever since. I've got 2 more from drops since then and will eventually keep a maxed one on each character. Never leave the Tower without it.

No GH nerf Bungie, bad Bungie!

I hope Xur has that exotic Warlock helmet again. Didn't have enough coins last time. Have done a bit of grinding and have 40 strange coins and 30 motes this week saved up

Another Suros would be good too. Though the upcoming nerf might ruin it completely :3

Sorry but I want my heart of praxic fire

patchday

I don't even bother with bounties that are 2.5k XP unless they are extremely fast/easy to complete or they are part of another area I'm going to anyhow. 5k xp ones are usually worth it if you have the mission checkpoints. If I need fast XP to finish out an upgrade slot I just do the "We've woken the hive!" mission a few times, by far the fastest XP farming method in the game.

Oh, we can keep completing missions and get XP? Guess that is common sense but never thought to do that lol

Yaari

I'm not sure what I should be using as a Secondary with my The Last Word. This is PVP btw. I don't think it will do much for me in PVE.

*Splinter

10/17/2014 -- "Next week's Hotfix is going to contain some fixes to the Atheon encounter."

What if the wait is because Bungie decides not to change the player teleports to random?
Hope not, I know there's been a lot of complaints since they suggested it but it would be a real shame if they don't stick to their guns at least long enough for us to see it in action

realcZk

Oh, we can keep completing missions and get XP? Guess that is common sense but never thought to do that lol

Well, you don't complete it. You want to select The Dark Beyond mission on the moon, I usually do it at level 9 because its heroic so more XP but the enemies are still weak enough to kill quickly and efficiently. You get up to the "We've woken the hive" checkpoint and you kill everything but the Knight, then let it kill you and keep replaying that checkpoint over and over again. The XP from the enemies and majors is a lot because its one of the most dense areas in the game.

Kensuke

Looking for a group to do the hard raid with.

1. Wretched_Walrus - Level 30 hunter (me)
2. Slaziman - Level 29 titan (friend)

Shito

I have enough coins to buy myself a piece of armor, OR a secondary weapon, OR a primary weapon.
But I don't have enough to buy two.
I really want some armor to help me get to 28 (I was really unlucky with shards drops), and I really want Gjallarhorn.

So, with that said, I'm sure tomorrow Xur will stock Knuckle Head Radar and Gjallarhorn...

Zakalwe

Banned
I don't know the situation you are describing because it never happened to me.
If you are actively trying to complete bounties, chances are you are trying to optimize your routes and group them together. When the public event one drops, I group it with 100 kills / 10 fallen leaders / 6 patrols on the cosmodrome / 30 melee kills / etc., and hit the cosmodrome right before the divide one or the skywatch one begins.
With all the going back and forth between those two areas, I usually have just the right amount of time to complete or nearly complete the other bounties, while doing my 3 public events.

The public event feature is designed so that you are supposed to see them randomly. And rarely.
And for the hardcore players, there is a way to chase them down.
Sure it's not perfect, but it's working quite well, for what it was designed to be, and for us bounty runners. ^^

Yep. I clump all my bounties together. The problem is most bounties are done within a single PE window. They don't take long.

Then, as mentioned, if you have no other reason to be in patrol areas you're left with 2 more PEs to complete and nothing else to do while you wait.

The problem here that I find is that PEs have not been reliable for me, even the tank one hasn't shown up on occasion. This means I need to dart around hoiping the next one will spawn correctly.

Did this yesterday. Tank didnt' spawn and there was one in Rocket yard in a few minutes. Biked there and it was a kill mission. Got the enemy down to low health by the second checkpoint, then he just disappered and the event ended (2 more checkpoints to go).

Then there was one due on Forgotten Shore. I biked there with 3 minutes to spare. Waited. Didn't show. Waited 10 minutes past the timer. Didn't show.

They're fine being random events that spawn /if/ you have reason to be patroling. As soon as you don't have any reason (not more bounties, no materials you require, etc..) they can be a little bit frustrating if they don't spawn.

Shito

Yep. I clump all my bounties together. The problem is most bounties are done within a single PE window. They don't take long.

Then, as mentioned, if you have no other reason to be in patrol areas you're left with 2 more PE's to complete and nothing else to do while you wait.

The problem here that I find is that PEs have not been reliable for me, even the tank one hasn't shown up on occasion. This means I need to dart around hoiping the next one will spawn correctly.

Did this yesterday. Tank didnt' spawn and there was one in Rocket yard in a few minutes. Biked there and it was a kill mission. Got the enemy down to low health by the second checkpoint, then he just disappered and the event ended (2 more checkpoints to go).

Then there was one due on Forgotten Shore. I biked there with 3 minutes to spare. Waited. Didn't show. Waited 10 minutes past the timer. Didn't show.

They're fine being random events that spawn /if/ you have reason to be patroling. As soon as you don't have any reason (not more bounties, no materials you require, etc..) they can be a little bit frustrating if they don't spawn.
Yeah, Rocket Yard is not reliable because of the fucking assassination mission that can pop. Never do those. >_<
I had problems at Forgotten Shore as well, doesn't seem reliable at all.
I always only do The Divide and Skywatch, and never had any problem with them. They always popped, provided I was in the area some 5~10 minutes before their supposed time.

One reason I like doing bounties on the moon is because it's really easy to track down public events. They're not as frequent as Old Russia, but you don't have to travel all over the place to get to them. Last time I counted, it took ~2 minutes on an uncommon sparrow to lap surface.

CaptDjob

Neo Member
Yesterday tried to complete the Thorn bounty by killing the wizard and mein gott that was from a-hole.
We didn't even finish it as I had to go elsewhere after 1.5h head banging to wall. We did get the wizard to spawn two times but didn't manage to down him.

Our final strategy was to stay behind those rocks on left, but two times we were killed by knight (or whatever) that jumped to balcony on top right. Didn't had any time to react to that one. Mayby now when we know that it hopps there when wizard has spawned, we would get through it...
We also tried to stay in entrance room, but for some reason or another it didn't work as good as that rock.

Have to say that Nightfall feels like a breeze compared to this epic bullet sponge shitfest. And just to get thorn....

spyder_ur

Yeah, Rocket Yard is not reliable because of the fucking assassination mission that can pop. Never do those. >_<
I always only do The Divide and Skywatch, and never had any problem with them. They always popped, provided I was in the area some 5~10 minutes before their supposed time.

Are those the events with the timer and the checkpoints? Those are really annoying.

Booties

Banned
There are not "so many things to explore" in this game. Once youv'e explored every patrol eare once you've seen it all, and once you've amassed the materials you need you don't need chest runs.

The other bounties you have that can be completed in patrol areas take less than half an hour to complete (100 kills, 10 fallen leaders, etc...), so that's one PE done. After that, if you don't need materials you're literally jsut standing around in an area you /only/ need the PE for.

And when the events themselves sometimes don't spawn correctly it can become frustrating.

It's not fun waiting in low level areas with nothing to do but hope your PE spawns correctly (or that your kill target doesn't just teleport to the final checkpoint before you get a chance to down it). That's not exactly fun design. Not sure why you're defending it so adamantly.

If the 1 or 2 PEs for a bounty is the only thing you have left to do in this game then you have another problem. And so does bungie for lack of content. But you need to keep in mind that you guys are like the 1% of the player population. Not everyone has so much time to play that they don't need cash, mats, xp, etc. Everything is supposed to work together in a big space. I'm not adamantly defending it so much as explaining it because the complaints are borderline ridiculous.

If you don't want to wait around then don't do the bounty. It's not a lot of XP in the long run and you can do more productive things like the crucible or vangaurd plalylists. Actually, I take it back, there is plenty to do, you guys are just silly.

realcZk

Yesterday tried to complete the Thorn bounty by killing the wizard and mein gott that was from a-hole.
We didn't even finish it as I had to go elsewhere after 1.5h head banging to wall. We did get the wizard to spawn two times but didn't manage to down him.

Our final strategy was to stay behind those rocks on left, but two times we were killed by knight (or whatever) that jumped to balcony on top right. Didn't had any time to react to that one. Mayby now when we know that it hopps there when wizard has spawned, we would get through it...
We also tried to stay in entrance room, but for some reason or another it didn't work as good as that rock.

Have to say that Nightfall feels like a breeze compared to this epic bullet sponge shitfest. And just to get thorn....

Yeah that strike is pretty crazy, lots of shields. We just camped in the starting area in the door and eventually Xyor spawned there, where we quickly melted him down.

Man, the Hard Raid Templar Confluxes part is stupid hard. I've tried with 3 different groups, 2 hours each time and we could not get past it. We all had good armor and weapons too. The same thing happens everytime. Someone on the left goes down. Then it all falls apart. We can make it to the 3rd phase most of the time, but we're down to like 3-4 people. While that's possible, it's not likely.

Sigh.

Anyone have any tips or strategies? Or an oracles checkpoint?

Little bit nothing. Making me waste an hour of my time waiting for a dice roll to see if I can fulfill an arbitrary quota for a handful of rep is a great way to make me go "well fuck this," and turn it off, which is exactly what I did when two public events in a row didn't trigger. I have better things to do than waste time waiting for a RNG to give me a chance at doing something.

Let's play a game called "The most unfortunate/embarrassing PSN/Gamertag name you've seen in Destiny." My two nominations from this morning:

tossedcuhm and BigJIZZY

Who can beat those?

E92 M3

Man, the Hard Raid Templar Confluxes part is stupid hard. I've tried with 3 different groups, 2 hours each time and we could not get past it. We all had good armor and weapons too. The same thing happens everytime. Someone on the left goes down. Then it all falls apart. We can make it to the 3rd phase most of the time, but we're down to like 3-4 people. While that's possible, it's not likely.

Sigh.

Hide in the bloom room when the Templah summons his bros between the conflux rounds.

realcZk

Sigh.

Well, when the Templar summons his legions, find a good place to hide that's off the ground and stay safe. Since the confluxes are not active during this stage you don't have to defend anything. Some people even hide in the Spirit Bloom cave. At that point, you just have to survive until he begins the ritual again. You don't have to kill all the harpys that spawn.

Left side is probably the hardest, but middle can help left out a lot of they can kill the hobgoblins/goblins that head that way. Right side is fairly easy but can get pretty intense at parts since the conflux is so close to the enemy spawn point.

spyder_ur

Little bit nothing. Making me waste an hour of my time waiting for a dice roll to see if I can fulfill an arbitrary quota for a handful of rep is a great way to make me go "well fuck this," and turn it off, which is exactly what I did when two public events in a row didn't trigger. I have better things to do than waste time waiting for a RNG to give me a chance at doing something.

So don't do them maybe? I can see your point, but I think the only real problem is that it takes up a bounty slot which is annoying - there should be more of those.

Kensuke

Hard raid on PS4. Starting in a couple of minutes. Adding people now.

3. Ruthlesbarbarian
4. Pansargryning

Zakalwe

Banned

This is what I do now too. Would be much cooler if I could string others together but this feels like the only reliable one.

Nothing game breaking, but would be good it they fixed it.

Raxus

Finally got my main to 30. One down, two to go.

Need to do a Raid run on my Warlock and Hunter.

Hunter is 29 and Warlock is 28. I really want to try a no death run as well and I will take my 30 Titan to do it if necessary.

X-Frame

My Xurday wish list tomorrow:

Titan: Insurmountable Skullfort
Warlock: Heart of Praxic Fire (I have it already, but this is for all the Sunbros and Sungals!)
Hunter: Crest of Alpha Lupi
Weapon: Ballerhorn (Missed it last time)
Engram: Gauntlets

Raxus

Hard raid on PS4. Starting in a couple of minutes. Adding people now.

3. Ruthlesbarbarian
4. Pansargryning

*edit* Nevermind I am in idiot.

I can join in on my hunter in 15-30 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom