• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steroyd

Alright so I began the grinding game last night to try and level past 20, so is the quickest way to start getting legendary gear is to join a faction (and grab bounty's) and then grind the crucible? I was doing some of the level 20 strike playlist but any of the armor I got, including blues, were not even an upgrade (let alone have light on it). While the gear I got from the crucible, was an upgrade and had light on it.

For the love of all things, at the bare minimum get your vanguard rank to 3 before doing other factions otherwise you'll hit the vanguard coin limit with nothing to spend it on.

Yaari

Yesterday on the moon, I had like 2 Public Events in 5 minutes, as I completed one, I ran into a second in the next zone. It was awesome, and the only time that ever happened.

I usually struggle quite hard to get into them, often even being the only one around. Which is fine for the Warsat stuff, but tough single enemies are often difficult to kill in time.

That said I like the mechanic. Hope they keep working on that and add some more unique events eventually.

DiscreteCat

Neo Member
Another week has come and gone.

My three titans have again braved the vault of glass and emerged victorious. Showered with ass materials, a fifth titan mark and duplicate guns though they were, it has not gone unnoticed that Kabr's Wrath was still missing.

RNGesus, why have you forsaken me so??

Zakalwe

Banned
The Devil Walker spawn in The Divide in Old Russia /always/ spawns 3-4 minutes after the timer on destinypublicevents.

i've never had it not as long as I've been in the area a few minutes before the timer hits 0.

Jito

Banned
The Devil Walker spawn in The Divide in Old Russia /always/ spawns 3-4 minutes after the timer on destinypublicevents.

i've never had it not as long as I've been in the area a few minutes before the timer hits 0.

There really should be another way to do events though than waiting in the Divide just to kill that same damn tank for the 100th time. I've hardly seen any events on the other planets.

Bizazedo

I just got the Vanquisher VIII from leveling up the Cryptarch... Now I have three legendary AR's... what's better the Vanquisher VIII or Shadow Price? They seem pretty similar except Vanquisher has a higher rate of fire and one more bullet in the mag.

Since it's a "dropped" version, no one here can really give a good answer unless you say what each weapons perks are. I could argue / compare the store versions, but the drops are a bit of a wild card without knowing that.

Excluding that, it seems like they're roughly equivalent.

Yeh problem is I don't really want to waste and hour waiting around in just one area for one event. The events should be much more dynamic and reliable instead of just going back to kill that damn spider tank every time. I wanna see and do all the events but it takes way too long.

They're supposed to be random, so that parts not broken. Ignoring that, we know the estimated times of like every Public Event and have lists, so you don't have to do the tank 3 times.

Not really understanding your complaint.

Jito

Banned
Since it's a "dropped" version, no one here can really give a good answer unless you say what each weapons perks are. I could argue / compare the store versions, but the drops are a bit of a wild card without knowing that.

They're supposed to be random, so that parts not broken. Ignoring that, we know the estimated times of like every Public Event and have lists, so you don't have to do the tank 3 times.

The complaint is that no matter what you're doing to get events done, it's a whole lot of waiting around which is boring as fuck.

Basically there should be a better event system than what there is now. Don't ask me what, I'm not a game designer paid to do this shit, Bungie could have been a lot more creative than the events being on a timer and tied to one area each.

Daemul

cookie_monster_waiting.gif

Still waiting for the new Atheon mechanic to be added in. All I've done this week on Destiny is the Nightfall and Weekly, which I did Tuesday morning. I haven't played since because I'm waiting for the hot fix.

Midas

It's a burden to have a bounty you can't finish in 5 minutes, obviously.

Another week has come and gone.

My three titans have again braved the vault of glass and emerged victorious. Showered with ass materials, a fifth titan mark and duplicate guns though they were, it has not gone unnoticed that Kabr's Wrath was still missing.

RNGesus, why have you forsaken me so??

Are you trying for a full set with no exotics at all?

The chest piece would be nice, but dang the perks on either helmet or chest piece as an exotic would be hard to give up. The raid piece perks are not comparable.

Zakalwe

Banned
There really should be another way to do events though than waiting in the Divide just to kill that same damn tank for the 100th time. I've hardly seen any events on the other planets.

I've seen them all, pretty much.

Whenever that bounty spawns I see it as an easy win, I clear it in no time. Mothyards, Forgotten Shore, The Divide, Skywatch all seem to be reliable for me (ie: 3-4 inute after the event timer as long as you've been there from the time the timer hit 0). I just dart between those areas.

Rocket yard is reliable too, but unless you have 2-3 people the kill the target mission there is tough (as it should be, it's a /public/ event after all).

I'm starting to think the event code will read the area at the time the public event website hits 0, and if there's people there it will trigger the event 3-4 minutes later. It feels that way, but I could be off.

Bizazedo

Yes that's exactly what I'm saying. No need to be a douche if you can't have a discussion.

I don't think you can have a discussion about that, though. It's already pretty easy if you use the public events timer.

Some things should not be able to be done in 5 minutes.

LiK

Go to the Moon. There's an event every time I've been farming there. They're also mad easy there. I can get Events bounty done in less than an hour.

I don't use any event timer app or anything like that.

X-Frame

What's the worst possible reward you can get from the Nightfall?

5 strange coins for 2 weeks in a row on one of my characters has to be up there.

Jito

Banned
I don't think you can have a discussion about that, though. It's already pretty easy if you use the public events timer.

Some things should not be able to be done in 5 minutes.

So it's ok that something in the game requires an external app to do in a reasonable time? I sure as hell don't think it is. And again I'm not saying it should be done in 5 minutes, where are you getting that from?

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop

5 strange coins for 2 weeks in a row on one of my characters has to be up there.

That's probably it, lol.

My current goal for Destiny:

- Acquire Raid Boots
- Acquire Vex Mythoclast
- Acquire Last Word
- Acquire Gjallahorn.

Same for me besides boots, well, except now I need legendary / exotic pieces for my warlock I started this week. I'm up to lvl25 so far.

DiscreteCat

Neo Member
Are you trying for a full set with no exotics at all?

The chest piece would be nice, but dang the perks on either helmet or chest piece as an exotic would be hard to give up. The raid piece perks are not comparable.

I'm just trying to get to level 30 any way I can for now. I have an exotic helm and exotic chest piece so the raid helm would do as well. I've only cleared hard mode a couple of times so I think the chest piece is my best bet.

Bizazedo

I'd take that over Ascendant Energy :).

Yep, Hawkmoon has two seemingly identical range/accuracy perks on the same tree. It's dumb.

I'm convinced some of the perks are broken.

So it's ok that something in the game requires an external app to do in a reasonable time? I sure as hell don't think it is. And again I'm not saying it should be done in 5 minutes, where are you getting that from?
What exactly do you want, then, because you're not being clear. Not 5 minutes, but 10 minutes? 15? Some stuff is supposed to take longer. Don't pick up the longer bounties, then? I know I never grab the Crucible ones for buckshot bruiser or headshots with sniper :).

Jito

Banned
I'd take that over Ascendant Energy :).

I'm convinced some of the perks are broken.

What exactly do you want, then, because you're not being clear. Not 5 minutes, but 10 minutes? 15? Some stuff is supposed to take longer. Don't pick up the longer bounties, then? I know I never grab the Crucible ones for buckshot bruiser or headshots with sniper :).

I want to do the events because I enjoy them, just saying they taking fucking ages to turn up and the system is a bit broken and could be improved, yeh half an hour or something is better. How about if more than one player is in an area the event starts straight away, then it's on a cool down of 10 minutes, sounds better already to me. Also the XP and rep reward for a bounty that takes so long is out of whack with the other ones in the same range. It should either give more XP and rep or have a lower event requirement.

Shito

I want to do the events because I enjoy them, just saying they taking fucking ages to turn up and the system is a bit broken and could be improved, yeh half an hour or something is better. How about if more than one player is in an area the event starts straight away, then it's on a cool down of 10 minutes, sounds better already to me. Also the XP and rep reward for a bounty that takes so long is out of whack with the other ones in the same range. It should either give more XP and rep or have a lower event requirement.
Use the app/website for public events, and you will do this bounty in 30 minutes, while tackling others along the way.
Your suggestion would make them even more random, and would make it so you could never get them when you don't find any people playing with you.

void666

Banned
I want the gjarllahorn, hunter and titan raid boots and 3 pieces of raid armor for my warlock.
So sad atheon didn't drop a warlock helmet for me. A friend got two.

Jito

Banned
Use the app/website for public events, and you will do this bounty in 30 minutes, while tackling others along the way.
Your suggestion would make them even more random, and would make it so you could never get them when you don't find any people playing with you.

I am using the app already, it's the only way to get it done as has been said already.

You could still have the existing timer system and just force events to start if multiple players are in an area. It's an improvement on the existing system if anything.

Shito

I am using the app already, it's the only way to get it done as has been said already.

You could still have the existing timer system and just force events to start if multiple players are in an area. It's an improvement on the existing system if anything.
The problem is that you are thinking of this feature only under the angle of "I want to get that bounty done quick". If you do that, and if we listen to your suggestions, public events would start popping all the time, defeating their purpose all together.
The system in place is certainly not perfect, but it works well for what it is trying to achieve.

void666

Banned
About public events, you're suposed to bump into them at random. It's not broken. You're breaking it.

It's boring to chase events. Run to the next one, sit down and wait.
But it's so cool when you're farming mats and the sky darkens.

Zakalwe

Banned

He has a good point.

The problem is not the events themselves. Them being entirely random would be absolutely fine if they appeared often enough.

However, tying a bounty to PEs means you either have to use an external site to map their timing, compose your own list of timings, or stay in an area that you might not have any other reason to be in waiting for one to show (and there have been times they haven't shown up for me at all). It's not about getting them done asap, it's about getting them done without having to wait around bored for 20-30 minutes each time only for them not to show.

I have a feeling the PE system isn't coded well atm, I can't put my finger on exactly what but it definitely feels erratic. It can get a little frustrating when your third PE in a row doesn't show even though you're using the timer and wait around either side of the event window by 10 minutes.

LiK

About public events, you're suposed to bump into them at random. It's not broken. You're breaking it.

Yea, if you're farming anyway, they'll pop up and you just do them while you're there. I never bothered trying to run into them. Sounds more like a chore than farming.

Kensuke

Anyone up for nightfall? I'll need to switch to an alt near the end though, so a mic would be required to communicate that.

PSN: Wretched_Walrus

I can beat this. Got a purple class item engram, that decoded into a New monarcy class item. You know, the one you have to purchase to level up rank with them...

Booties

Banned
Yea, if you're farming anyway, they'll pop up and you just do them while you're there. I never bothered trying to run into them. Sounds more like a chore than farming.

destinypublicevents.com failed me pretty badly last night. I think it was right on 1 of the 6 events I tried to catch in the cosmodrome.

jadedm17

Just Google Destiny Public Events, I fit my daily one in whenever I get a few minutes.

destinypublicevents.com failed me pretty badly last night. I think it was right on 1 of the 6 events I tried to catch in the cosmodrome.

Personally I've never had issues. Make sure to check the color of your events : I've hit the common ones (green) and they're usually right on the money, give or take three or so minutes.

It's like you're not actually reading anything I'm typing. It's not that I want to get the bounties done quickly, it's done without having wait so much in between events and just hanging around doing fuck all in an area. You could make the bounty do 10 events and I'd do it if I didn't have to wait about so much in between each one. The system doesn't seem very well thought out and could definitely be improved, just seems like something Bungie said "fuck it, put it on a timer".

Yes dude, I know about the apps for the events...
They're.... Events; The idea originally was they'd be going on while doing missions and we'd all go "huh what's that?" and join up with others. We're saying fans made a list of when and where to go - making it so you don't have to sit on the planets and pray - and you're complaining it takes minutes to find and event and go there. There's a lot to complain about in Destiny and this isn't one.

Jito

Banned
The problem is that you are thinking of this feature only under the angle of "I want to get that bounty done quick". If you do that, and if we listen to your suggestions, public events would start popping all the time, defeating their purpose all together.
The system in place is certainly not perfect, but it works well for what it is trying to achieve.

It's like you're not actually reading anything I'm typing. It's not that I want to get the bounties done quickly, it's done without having wait so much in between events and just hanging around doing fuck all in an area. You could make the bounty do 10 events and I'd do it if I didn't have to wait about so much in between each one. The system doesn't seem very well thought out and could definitely be improved, just seems like something Bungie said "fuck it, put it on a timer".

Just Google Destiny Public Events, I fit my daily one in whenever I get a few minutes.

Yes dude, I know about the apps for the events...

*Splinter

Exactly this, although I would agree that the bounty in question should be for one event rather than 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom