• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's play a game called "The most unfortunate PSN/Gamertag name you've seen in Destiny." My two nominations from this morning:

tossedcuhm and BigJIZZY

Who can beat those?

"Unfortunate" would seem to denote that these names were created by accident. As if the dude's name was Ed Cuhm and he was a midget that liked to be thrown around or something.

I am fairly certain that these two 'tweens knew exactly what they were doing when they created those IDs.

CaptDjob

Neo Member
Yeah that strike is pretty crazy, lots of shields. We just camped in the starting area in the door and eventually Xyor spawned there, where we quickly melted him down.

So you just released the Phogoth and stayed up there shooting things and occasinally going backroom to wait Shriek to despawn? How long did it take to Xyor to spawn? Do you really need to reduce the health of Phogoth or can you leave that mothafucka alone?

Shito

Are those the events with the timer and the checkpoints? Those are really annoying.
Yep.
Those are really bad, and not really fun.

This is what I do now too. Would be much cooler if I could string others together but this feels like the only reliable one.

Nothing game breaking, but would be good it they fixed it.
Oh yeah, I'll probably get bored at one point and stop doing this bounty.
But for the moment, I consider that I am trying to break the game by wanting this one completed in a little bit more than 30 minutes. ^^

realcZk

So you just released the Phogoth and stayed up there shooting things and occasinally going backroom to wait Shriek to despawn? How long did it take to Xyor to spawn? Do you really need to reduce the health of Phogoth or can you leave that mothafucka alone?

It took probably 10-15 minutes. We didn't touch Phogath and we killed as many wizards/knights as possible when they came into the room. Having arc damage weapons is important here for the knights and fire damage is pretty much necessary for the wizards. You need to drop their sheilds ASAP so you can smack them with damage before they teleport away.

Oh I should also mention, we cleared out every mob in the room where Phogath was (including the ones up top on the balcony), and we never unchained him, but I think you may need to now? Dunno.

Zakalwe

Banned
If the 1 or 2 PEs for a bounty is the only thing you have left to do in this game then you have another problem. And so does bungie for lack of content. But you need to keep in mind that you guys are like the 1% of the player population. Not everyone has so much time to play that they don't need cash, mats, xp, etc. Everything is supposed to work together in a big space. I'm not adamantly defending it so much as explaining it because the complaints are borderline ridiculous.

If you don't want to wait around then don't do the bounty. It's not a lot of XP in the long run and you can do more productive things like the crucible or vangaurd plalylists. Actually, I take it back, there is plenty to do, you guys are just silly.

You're not reading my posts properly.

I have plenty of things to do in this game, just not in patrol when my bounties are finished and I don't need beacon quests or materials. When I only have 2 more PEs to complete and the PEs become unreliable, it can be frustrating.

Currently to level Exotic items you need all the xp you can get from bounties as they level so slowly via other means. And when you have multiple new exotics to level you don't want to miss an event.

And this isn't game breaking for me, it's a slight flaw in the game that I'd like to see fixed. Not really sure why you find that so silly.

Kei-

You can leave Phogoth alone after he breaks free. Xyor comes in on the third drop ship, just a matter of clearing out mobs to get the next ship to drop in.

Hunter is 29 and Warlock is 28. I really want to try a no death run as well and I will take my 30 Titan to do it if necessary.

Every part of this quote is true for me as well. I need 80+ each of heliums and relic irons but then I can get my Warlock to 29. Only his oracles and Gkeeper hard drops are left from my 3 characters this week.

More than that, I want to get a group for the no-death run. Maybe I'm overly optimistic but I think a group of 30's could knock it out in a couple hours.

"Unfortunate" would seem to denote that these names were created by accident. I am fairly certain that these two 'tweens knew exactly what they were doing when they created those IDs.

Yeah, I didn't mean to imply they were accidental. I meant "unfortunate" as in embarrassing/awkward. At least when I see those names, I cringe and say "oof, that is embarrasing." Just a semantics issue, we're saying the same thing.

Looking forward to Xur, need some good warlock armour and a new Exotic weapon.
Hopefully no Ghjallarhorn, as I got that one while doing Nightfall :)

Got motes of light and 59 coins to spend!

Kensuke

Almost full (PS4). Could really use another level 30!

1. Wretched_Walrus - Level 30 hunter (me)
2. Slaziman - Level 29 titan
3. Ruthlesbarbarian - Level 29 hunter
4. Pansargryning - Level 29 sunbro
5. back_speed - level 29 warlock

hydruxo

Hide in the bloom room when the Templah summons his bros between the conflux rounds.

Yup. Works everytime. There are cheese spots for every step of the Templar, except the first one, but that part is easy.

Confluxes = spirit bloom room during legions
Oracles = platform where you start, sunbro hops to his death to start the encounter then self res. Everyone snipes oracles and hobgoblins.
Templar= Everyone goes to the center and under the overhang, relic holder cleanses the group when you get marked, everyone else throws grenades at the templar to knock him off the edge. 5th chest will be up too bc he doesn't teleport.

doomquake

checked destiny tracker. pretty abysmal except I am in the 10% for kill distance

Avg Kill Distance #3499 Top 10%

and just for fyi

K/D #18915 Top 49%
Games Top 23% #23842 (195 games of crucible played)
Hours Playing #12381 Top 31% #74515 (22.54 hours of crucible played)

LiK

One reason I like doing bounties on the moon is because it's really easy to track down public events. They're not as frequent as Old Russia, but you don't have to travel all over the place to get to them. Last time I counted, it took ~2 minutes on an uncommon sparrow to lap surface.

They happen all the time for me. I find them annoying now, tbh. Heh

kyored

Almost full (PS4). Could really use another level 30!

1. Wretched_Walrus - Level 30 hunter (me)
2. Slaziman - Level 29 titan
3. Ruthlesbarbarian - Level 29 hunter
4. Pansargryning - Level 29 sunbro
5. back_speed - level 29 warlock

i'll go lvl 30

Booties

Banned
You're not reading my posts properly.

I have plenty of things to do in this game, just not in patrol when my bounties are finished and I don't need beacon quests or materials. When I only have 2 more PEs to complete and the PEs become unreliable, it can be frustrating.

Currently to level Exotic items you need all the xp you can get from bounties as they level so slowly via other means. And when you have multiple new exotics to level you don't want to miss an event.

And this isn't game breaking for me, it's a slight flaw in the game that I'd like to see fixed. Not really sure why you find that so silly.

I just don't understand why people think they have to stand around and do nothing. You could....not....do that? Just come back to it if you have other stuff to do. Yeah it's annoying that the 3rd party app isn't infallable, but it's not like you have to do it then and there. It just doesn't make sense to me. Play a crucible match, run a strike, come back to a planet and do a PE if it looks like one is gonna happen. If it doesn't, do something else.

Shit, you could just hide your gaurdian in a safe zone and post on NeoGAF for 30 minutes about how dumb this minor flaw is.

Yeah, I didn't mean to imply they were accidental. I meant "unfortunate" as in embarrassing/awkward. At least when I see those names, I cringe and say "oof, that is embarrasing." Just a semantics issue, we're saying the same thing.

Ha, yeah. I know.

I'm also guessing these people aren't feeling very embarrassed or awkward either. They should be, that's for sure. But I get your point.

I think I've seen one that was something like "VagHunter69"... that one had me laughing. I've also seen "VagBeater" that had a bunch of random numbers after it.

I think the Vag ones make me laugh the most because the chance that these kids, with handles like that, have actually ever seen one in real life is negligible at best.

DiscreteCat

Neo Member
Another week has come and gone.

My three titans have again braved the vault of glass and emerged victorious. Showered with ass materials, a fifth titan mark and duplicate guns though they were, it has not gone unnoticed that Kabr's Wrath was still missing.

RNGesus, why have you forsaken me so??

First hard mode raid of the week and Kabr's Wrath drops.

RNGesus works in mysterious ways.

Only time it's ever happened for me, but last week I did a PE in the Barrens on Mars, immediately drove to Scablands, then drove straight back to Barrens and a new PE had spawned. Very strange.

Ghorn is the Raid DPS King. Everything else is a pretender to the throne.

Show me the receipts! Lol kidding... But really, id love to see the numbers between a fully leveled Horn and Veng. I'd be willing to bet you'd be surprised.

I need to get my other classes leveled up so that I can do the raid more often. Getting my first taste this week (despite being denied any gear) has only served to increase my hunger for more Destiny.

realcZk

Still no Thunderdevil for me. I dismantled a bunch of Achilles and Gilgamesh. STOP GIVING ME THAT SHIT.

I wish you could dismantle straight from the postmaster screen, I have a lot of duplicate shaders in there I still need to take out.

benjammin

Played through my first raid yesterday and it was awesome. All the grinding is worthwhile after going through the raid. The atheon fight glitched out on us a couple of times though, and I had a supplicant kamikaze me on the center platform when we were behind the shield which is apparently pretty uncommon. But I got hezen vengeance, final verdict, vision of confluence, the white shader, and the raid cloak so I'm pretty happy. I was hoping to get some raid armor to spend some shards on, but it didn't happen. I'll buy an upgrade to one of my current pieces of armor to get to 28 and hopefully I'll be more help in the raid next week when I actually know what I'm doing. Sort of

LiK

I wish you could dismantle straight from the postmaster screen, I have a lot of duplicate shaders in there I still need to take out.

I dunno why dupe shaders don't stack like with items. They can take up so much space if you wanna save extras for alts.

realcZk

Played through my first raid yesterday and it was awesome. All the grinding is worthwhile after going through the raid. The atheon fight glitched out on us a couple of times though, and I had a supplicant kamikaze me on the center platform when we were behind the shield which is apparently pretty uncommon. But I got hezen vengeance, final verdict, vision of confluence, the white shader, and the raid cloak so I'm pretty happy. I was hoping to get some raid armor to spend some shards on, but it didn't happen. I'll buy an upgrade to one of my current pieces of armor to get to 28 and hopefully I'll be more help in the raid next week when I actually know what I'm doing. Sort of

Nice haul, especially on the VoC. Glad you enjoyed it, the first time was a blast. No one on our team had any experience and it took us just over 8 hours I believe. Did everything "legit" and it was insanely fun.

hydruxo

Still no Thunderdevil for me. I dismantled a bunch of Achilles and Gilgamesh. STOP GIVING ME THAT SHIT.

I'm probably going to be stuck with Chatterwhite forever. I still think its dumb there aren't more guarunteed ways to get shaders.

So don't do them maybe? I can see your point, but I think the only real problem is that it takes up a bounty slot which is annoying - there should be more of those.
But if I want to level up my vendors, I have to -- the game is designed to have you do bounties as one source of daily rep. "Don't do it" is a poor recourse for obtuse design.

Did 1st Hard Cheese on Atheon last night without having completed Normal Raid for the week yet.

1st Hard Cheese last week:
Sparrow, Helm

2nd Hard Cheese last night:
Sparrow again, both Shards & Energy.

Was really hoping for a primary weapon with an effect, such as Mytho, or even raid gear. I know true MMO people knows it takes a while, but a couple of my friends who have done the cheese twice with me got sparrow, gear and mytho.

2 Complete Normal Raids and 2 Atheon Hard Cheeses and no primary weapon yet. Can't wait to get 2 more gears to be level 30 and actually attempt HM!

Zakalwe

Banned
I just don't understand why people think they have to stand around and do nothing. You could....not....do that? Just come back to it if you have other stuff to do. Yeah it's annoying that the 3rd party app isn't infallable, but it's not like you have to do it then and there. It just doesn't make sense to me. Play a crucible match, run a strike, come back to a planet and do a PE if it looks like one is gonna happen. If it doesn't, do something else.

Shit, you could just hide your gaurdian in a safe zone and post on NeoGAF for 30 minutes about how dumb this minor flaw is.

I've explained it. Not everyone has unlimited game time every day so going away and coming back isn't always an option (especially if when you return they don't spawn). It is a minor flaw but the game would be better if it wasn't there. Sometimes I just have time to do the bounties and it would be nice if they were reliable. That's all this is.

At work now during a quiet period so I get to moan about minor things till home time.

spyder_ur

Finally feeling pretty raid-ready, although I'm not sure. Level 27 Sunsinger. Problem is I'm on PS3 and don't have a mic - would anyone be willing to take me through tonight or this weekend? Really want to see the Raid. I've watched some videos, so I know the various stages, but I get a sense no mic is not appreciated plus most people seem to be on PS4. Any suggestions?

Strider

I've been using the blacksmith shader lately. Looks good with the Venom of Ikaheka.

I'd post a pic but PSN share function never works for me :/

I dunno why dupe shaders don't stack like with items. They can take up so much space if you wanna save extras for alts.

Maybe I've missed it, but I don't know of any way to separate and distribute stacked items to my alts. Meaning if my Titan has 10 heavy ammo synth's, I don't know of any way to take 5 and give them to my Hunter. Same for any stackable item. Is that actually possible?

Finally feeling pretty raid-ready, although I'm not sure. Level 27 Sunsinger. Problem is I'm on PS3 and don't have a mic - would anyone be willing to take me through tonight or this weekend? Really want to see the Raid. I've watched some videos, so I know the various stages, but I get a sense no mic is not appreciated plus most people seem to be on PS4. Any suggestions?

No mic is tough for a first-timer, but if you have at least a few experienced players it will be fine as long as you can hear their instructions and follow accordingly. Lv 27 is plenty good enough, especially if you have self-res. Unfortunately I can't help on the PS3 front...

hydruxo

The vendor who sells shaders should be refreshing that stock but it's the same shit since launch.

You'd think somebody at Bungie would notice that and think 'hmm that's not right'

But nope. The most frustrating thing is that the emblems do refresh.

spyder_ur

But if I want to level up my vendors, I have to -- the game is designed to have you do bounties as one source of daily rep. "Don't do it" is a poor recourse for obtuse design.

Yeah I see your point - I don't think the design of public events is that obtuse though, or if it is that is kind of the point. It does suck for it to be taking up a bounty slot though.

Yeah Cosmos, the glove struggle is real. No Backup Plans aren't for my playstyle and I'd much prefer to wear my HoS14 or Armamentarium but a man's gotta hit 30 somehow.

It will at least make the Hard raid easier and hence getting those damn raid gauntlets easier if we are 30.

They were only sold once by Xur on the first week of launch when he first appeared. So they are overdue!

Wishlist:
1. Titan Raid Gauntlets
2. The Last Word
3. Vex Mythoclast
4. Monte Carlo
5. Ghallhorjn

I have Plan C, Thunderdevil, Hawkmoon, Bad JuJu, Pocket Infinity, Patience and Time and a bunch more exotic weapons (12 total). The ones on my list are the last ones I want. I also got the Timebreaker sparrow, chatter white, VoC, Atheons Epligoe, Corrective Measure and many other legendaries.

benjammin

Nice haul, especially on the VoC. Glad you enjoyed it, the first time was a blast. No one on our team had any experience and it took us just over 8 hours I believe. Did everything "legit" and it was insanely fun.

Yea there were 2 of us who had never done it, 2 who had gone through once, and 2 who had quite a bit of experience. It worked out really well and only took us about 3 hours to get through. No cheese involved except on the gate keeper where everyone shot him with a sniper rifle as soon as the door opened and he dropped after a couple of shots.

VoC seems like it will be great. However all my weapons are solar based now as I have an ice breaker and the swarm as well. First world problems I guess. Wizards aren't going to know what hit them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom