• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

spyder_ur

Any cheap mic that works on ps4 would be fine. That one has quite a few reviews stating it breaks easily or stops working, can you afford a little more to get one with slightly better reviews?

I've read you can use an iphone headset on the ps4, not sure if it works on ps3 too (if you have one).

This game really does come to life when you mic up with others. It's worth investing in a decent mic if you can, I'm pretty sure you'll find you'll want to be using the headset more often once you try it out a few times.

Yeah, I could afford a little more. Not to take off topic, but if there are any recs in the sub-$50 range that would be great.

I've heard that it does help alot and make it more fun.

It will be a big chaotic at first, but people will get used to it.

I DO think it will be good, in at least getting everyone to understand how the raid works. It's a little frustrating when "alright, who is getting the relics/going into portals?" boils down to "lol, I've never done it, sorry!"

EL CUCO

Same bonus damage for all the raid weapons (assault rifle, scout rifle, shotty, etc.). P's Revenge is damn good, but Vision of Confluence is my go-to for the oracles. VoC is insanely good for the oracle phase strat where everyone stays at the back ledge behind the spawn area and snipes down. All 7 oracle spawns can be killed from there, only 1 person has to jump down to initiate it, and they can jump back up if they are slick about it.

Use VoC instead, thing goes beast mode on oracles. not a fan of praedyths revenge, rather use a void fusion rifle, or Ice Breaker.

VoC for Oracles seems to be popular. I have it maxed out, just haven't ran the Hard Raid yet. Been waiting on a few buddies to level up.

Yes, can definitely tell on hard mode especially.
Nice. How many shots do they take to go down? I know its got lightning fast reload and amazing stability so I definitely dont mind giving it a run. I currently have mine at 288 ATK

realcZk

What's Gaf's opinion on Atheon going to randomly tele 3 people instead of 3 farthest back?

I don't really care either way, I just think its weird they are changing it at ALL at this point. It seems it's to make things right in their eyes more than the communities, since the general consensus seems to be no one cares, and would much rather other bugs in the raid be addressed.

Why is it that every time you die you lose heavy ammo? Someone was saying it's only if you have +heavy ammo gear equipped? I hate eating a stim pack then having to wipe on hard to have over half my ammo disappear...

There are minor differences in the fights as well. Shields go out during the teleport in Atheon. There are a ton more in the legion phases of the Templar fight. Templar fight seems to have more enemies in general. There are probably more but I haven't bothered to compare aside from those notable exceptions.

That's a good point about the outside team getting detain shields when Atheon teleports. That's a new application of an existing mechanic but should be pretty minor as long as people know about it. However, I wouldn't call "more enemies" a new mechanic. For Templar, you can cheese him off anyway but also you just run to a safe spot like the spirit bloom room and it's a non-issue how many enemies there are.

But anyway, I'm still up for that no-death raid now if we can find other people... I can also check my friends list to see if there are any legit volunteers on now.

LiK

Same list for me except I have Strength of the Pack. I got it after doing the all-clan Raid. We split up into two groups for a quick Devil's Lair run, it was quick and easy.

I'll have to make a Hunter eventually so that trophy I'll get for sure. The Salvage one is easy I just need to focus on it next time it's up. The ghosts can be tedious but whatever.

Flawless Raider though? Seriously don't know how I'll do that one.

If future Raids don't have platforming or instant kill type areas like the maze then it's doable once you overlevel it.

Ourobolus

Banned
Anyone up for doing the normal raid? I've never done it before but I have the whole damn day off and I'd like to at least try today!

28 Hunter - Ourobolus
PS4

ocean

Banned
If future Raids don't have platforming or instant kill type areas like the maze then it's doable once you overlevel it.
I hear you. I feel confident I could run a flawless raid if I'm with a good team. When I die it's usually because someone else died and I'm on double duty and get overwhelmed.

Dat fuckin platform jumping and maze though. I'm real clumsy at those :/

allday247

Banned
ok so i have an Atheon Hard checkpoint and i'm looking for a few gaffers to help cheese him. would like 2 locks and the rest can be fill whoever wants the checkpoint.
any takers?

PSN: Milkypooz

Raxus

Yeah, but it has to be void damage. If you don't have weapons with it(like me) I have to rely on my void grenades and the special to get points.

Should have got the Truth breh.

I believe you can get a void Comedian from the Vanguard Vendor.

Void Sniper and Void Primary drop from the raid.

EL CUCO

What's Gaf's opinion on Atheon going to randomly tele 3 people instead of 3 farthest back?

Personally, I dont mind it. I can play the relic side or hold down the portal. There's definitely going to be a learning curve for people that dont like to get teleported, though. A few wipes here and there is expected but players should be able to evolve.

Scored the Found Verdict shotgun and chest armor from the raid last night. Still looking for that void primary that I want so much. How's the Verdict? Anybody use it?

I wonder what Xur will offer tomorrow as far as weapons go.

ocean

Banned
ok so i have an Atheon Hard checkpoint and i'm looking for a few gaffers to help cheese him. would like 2 locks and the rest can be fill whoever wants the checkpoint.
any takers?

PSN: Milkypooz
I'm a Titan but I can help by jumping down the ledge and getting Atheon into position, someone can then grenade him down easily. a_javierp if you're interested!

I hear you. I feel confident I could run a flawless raid if I'm with a good team. When I die it's usually because someone else died and I'm on double duty and get overwhelmed.

My hands legitimately started shaking when we got to that part. And I've never fallen off since like the first time I did it.

Zakalwe

Banned
Yeah, I could afford a little more. Not to take off topic, but if there are any recs in the sub-$50 range that would be great.

I've heard that it does help alot and make it more fun.

I'd just be doing what you would be doing, ie: filtering amazon and looking at reviews.

Unless anyone can offer a specific item, I'd just take a look and grab one you like the look of, can afford, and has at least 4+ overall raiting with a good amount of reviews.

Flawless Raider should have been "No team wipes". Or something to that effect. Would have been a real challenge, but fair enough for a coordinated team. No deaths at all is just evil.

LkPr

Let's play a game called "The most unfortunate/embarrassing PSN/Gamertag name you've seen in Destiny." My two nominations from this morning:

tossedcuhm and BigJIZZY

Who can beat those?

I took a SS of this because I couldn't believe it (will have to upload later)...

guys name was DedGirlsDntSayNo

hydruxo

Scored the Found Verdict shotgun and chest armor from the raid last night. Still looking for that void primary that I want so much. How's the Verdict? Anybody use it?

Best shotgun IMO. Faster reload than Invective. I use it all the time in PvP.

mstevens

Stuck at work till 8 pm tonight and all I can think about is going home and grinding mats / leveling my new Vanquisher VIII, The Swarm and raid helmet.

Looking forward to grinding... What's wrong with me?

EL CUCO

Flawless Raider should have been "No team wipes". Or something to that effect. Would have been a real challenge, but fair enough for a coordinated team. No deaths at all is just evil.

It is what it is because like much of everything else in Destiny, Bungie decided to re-skin the Strike trophies as Raid trophies...

Sullichin

Bought The Devil You Know from the Vanguard last night. Probably a waste of marks, I have many handcannons and a void machinegun or something probably would have been more helpful.

Anyway, it's pretty good. Currently have Timur's Lash, Devil You Know, Lord High Fixer, Thorn. I really need Hawkmoon and The Last Word. They seem like the best handcannons by far.

LiK

The maze is simple if you have a good leader guiding you. But yea, I hate the platforming section. Way too easy to eff that up as a Titan especially.

I won't make an alt until Expansion comes out. If I need to replay stuff, that would be a good time to do it.

Hoodbury

Plus there are some of us who are plagued with random DC's that they admit is on their end and are working on fixing but it's taking forever.

My first Raid was last week and I got Bee error coded DC'd 3 times.

LordofPwn

i've heard ok things, but i've gotten 2, and discarded both of them. not going to use a shotty in the raid unless its Invective, and only for destroying containment shields. outside of the raid though im not sure why you would use it either. I'm a little dissapointed by shotguns in PvE in general, besides invective and i've heard great things about universal remote and i really want one but overall they need to do more damage. they're not worth the risk on harder activities.

I took a SS of this because I couldn't believe it (will have to upload later)...

guys name was DedGirlsDntSayNo

Ding, ding ding! Close the polls, we have a winner.

His grand prize is a profoundly shameful self-loathing and the utter contempt of everyone who crosses his path. Congratulations to that sociopath!

E92 M3

I dunno why dupe shaders don't stack like with items. They can take up so much space if you wanna save extras for alts.

The UI needs some reworking or they need to give us more space. I feel like they went with form>function. Which is a big no-no in my eyes.

How much of s step up is the hard raid from normal? I should be 29 today or tomorrow and have fully upgraded legendary primary, nearly upgraded legendary void heavy and nearly upgraded icebreaker. Should that be enough?

Hard raid is challenging, but if you have your void weapons maxed and at 29 it should be fine.

Stuck at work till 8 pm tonight and all I can think about is going home and grinding mats / leveling my new Vanquisher VIII, The Swarm and raid helmet.

Looking forward to grinding... What's wrong with me?

VTA dopamine neurons are a bitch!

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
The maze is simple if you have a good leader guiding you. But yea, I hate the platforming section. Way too easy to eff that up as a Titan especially.

I won't make an alt until Expansion comes out. If I need to replay stuff, that would be a good time to do it.

Titans have it easiest when it comes to the jumping puzzle. You can just glide the whole way across. Believe me, I'm almost always the last person across so I have my troubles with that stupid puzzle. Except on my titan. Just glideeeee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom