• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kei-

What's the best way to get in to Raids? Never tried it before but well aware of what needs to be done in each section, well as good as YouTube can tell me at least!

Level 30 Gjallarhorn team probably.

5 people go into 1 portal, everyone fires 1 rocket, 4 people leave right after firing, 1 person grabs relic, leaves and goes to mid. 4 people go into 2nd portal fire a rocket, 3 leave and help mid. last person left finishes off gatekeeper and grabs the 2nd relic, then everyone protects mid.

The way we do it, 3 people on portal protection duty at all times. We send 3 into the first (left) one, the relic grabber is a blade dancer hunter with the arc blade that makes him go invisible, we hit the gatekeeper with rockets and icebreakers until it only has like one or 2 shots left in it, at this point, the non-relic grabbers leave the portal (so the remain unmarked and don't have to wait on a cleanse), the hunter is already almost up the left side to the relic and finishes off the gatekeper in 2 shots or so, grabs relic and goes invisible and makes it back out while the other 5 are easily handling the plate.

When relic holder is almost out, I head to the middle at the top of the stairs and deal with minotaurs alone with corrective measure to strip their shields and 2 icebreaker shots to down them. It's essential I get out of the first portal unmarked so I don't have to wait for a cleanse from relic holder and can get up to the top of the stairs before I have to deal with more than one minotaur at once.

The other 5 including relic holder go to the right portal and get the plate up. Relic holder and another hunter go into the portal once it's open, and relic holder supers the gatekeeper while the other hunter golden guns the mobs for tons of orbs to give relic holder another super to finish off the gatekeeper, they grab the relic and all come meet me in the middle.

Has worked very well for us.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Well, it was logical for it to be out by Tuesday
Wait, why? We didn't learn our lesson from the title of OT6? ._.
and like you quoted it was supposed to be this week. We'll see though. I guess Friday it might come out.
haha so yeah, it is still this week, and unless they meant "business week," there's today, tomorrow, and Saturday. I don't see how it can be said to have been delayed unless it doesn't come out by eod saturday! which is probably why they don't give more concrete timeframes for these hotfixes
Weird, sunsinger DOT grenades worked great for us last night to push the Templar off.
That's what I'm saying. Solar Grenades (Sunsinger DoT) were the only ones that seemed to do anything in our group

anddo0

The margin of error in that strategy is too high, in my opinion. It's valid for some teams, but I prefer attacking two portals at once or doing it via the classic way since I can hold center on my own.

Well, it was logical for it to be out by Tuesday and like you quoted it was supposed to be this week. We'll see though. I guess Friday it might come out.

During a hard raid at lvl 29?

It's doable on normal, but non relic holder, on hard is a tall task.

Sullichin

Dude, The Devil You Know is a BADASS weapon.... I got mine from a drop, so I think it has a little better perks than the vanguard one.

Hawkmoon is not "by far" the best hand cannon. It's a good hand cannon but there are legendaries that are just as good. For starters it kicks like a motherfucker and also has that stupid attachment rail thing around the sights that prohibit your view enough to make it not as effective for quick headshots imo. It's a great hand cannon but i don't think it's as good as everyone thinks. I have devil you know and lord high fixer and they're both pretty bad ass

Thanks for making me not feel shitty about the handcannons I have :)
I want TLW and Hawkmoon because I think they're the only good handcannons I have left to get. I guess it's good to hear that it's not above and beyond the legendaries I have.

Timur's Lash was my go to choice in PVE and PVP, but I'm liking TDYK

njd_online

Banned
Normal Raid: PS4
1. Ourobolus (28 Hunter)
2. Gdt5016 (27 Hunter)

Gonna need someone experienced to lead us, too!

When are you guys planning on this? (Am at work and only skimming over the boards, sorry) Can I jump in on the inexperienced side? Or at least take my name for a first time raider for tomorrow/saturday?

Ps4 id is njd82 , lv 27 (nearly 28) warlock (both classes maxed out).

As for the grenades... Gunslinger incendiary deeeeefinitely didn't make him move. Voidwalker's and Striker's pulse ones most likely do work, but I don't think we had anyone in the party using either one, so it was kinda all on Carbine :p
It was fun just to see it work but I'm fine with doing it the normal way. I had to burn through two specials along with all my normal grenades and it took so long it was actually a close call at the end with him enraged and sending out all those Praetorians, etc.

Steroyd

Wow Destiny has been shit to me today.

1. only need to complete one more control match and one Crucible win to complete bounties, my team loses all three control points in 30 seconds *rage quit*
2, Try to solo weekly heroic on the third wave, bastard Wizard nails me *lose will to continue*
3. Try the daily heroic, realize I hate this mission, perservere anyway.... anteater connection error half way through. OTL

Normal Raid: PS4
1. Ourobolus (28 Hunter)
2. Gdt5016 (27 Hunter)

Gonna need someone experienced to lead us, too!

What time? Need to get my level 27 Hunter through the first two parts of the raid for rewards.

How's this for whine? Attempted VoG normal, got error: "bee" 3 times, "fly" 6 times, "zebra" 2 times, and the game crashed completely before I got to see an error code, 2 times. Didn't even make it through the Gorgons' Labyrinth.

gg.

Tovarisc

Bungie has been so quiet about the update. I wonder what's going on for it to be delayed by nearly a week.

I think community happened, after all we did rip Bungie big new one. Large majority didn't take "Hey, we are going to "fix" Atheon by adding RNG into it!" -suggestion well. I wouldn't be surprised if that took Bungie to the drawing board and forced them to rethink how to adjust Atheon.

Also earlier today that DeeJ post that was linked sounded like that, him talking about them taking feedback very seriously.

Then in the end saying he hopes that this [post] won't bite him to ass [read: community ripping him new one].

forrest

formerly nacire
Looking for help on PS3. Wanna cheese normal Atheon on my main and alt, have checkpoint. Need warlock or titan.

Forrest_Crump

Ourobolus

Banned
When are you guys planning on this? (Am at work and only skimming over the boards, sorry) Can I jump in on the inexperienced side? Or at least take my name for a first time raider for tomorrow/saturday?

Ps4 id is njd82 , lv 27 (nearly 28) warlock (both classes maxed out).

Wow Destiny has been shit to me today.

1. only need to complete one more control match and one Crucible win to complete bounties, my team loses all three control points in 30 seconds *rage quit*
2, Try to solo weekly heroic on the third wave, bastard Wizard nails me *lose will to continue*
3. Try the daily heroic, realize I hate this mission, perservere anyway.... anteater connection error half way through. OTL

What time? Need to get my level 27 Hunter through the first two parts of the raid for rewards.

Well, I was gonna say as soon as possible, but barring that I can go again around say, 4PM EST?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hawkmoon is not "by far" the best hand cannon. It's a good hand cannon but there are legendaries that are just as good. For starters it kicks like a motherfucker and also has that stupid attachment rail thing around the sights that prohibit your view enough to make it not as effective for quick headshots imo. It's a great hand cannon but i don't think it's as good as everyone thinks. I have devil you know and lord high fixer and they're both pretty bad ass
lol, if you're considering running an exotic hand cannon one hopes you can handle recoil far more intense than hawkmoon, and it does more damage than either of those legendaries even disregarding its 3 "bonus shots," so thus is indeed considerably better- as it should be, since it costs your exotic slot. It may not be "by far" the best hand cannon but that's only because The Last Word is also amazing, and the jury is still out on Thorn since it's being buffed and is tough to compare to any other gun in the game.

and if you can't learn to love the wing sights you don't deserve to use it <3

by far the best thing about lord high fixer/the devil you know in comparison is that they're legendaries and thus free you up to run an exotic special or heavy.

Thanks for making me not feel shitty about the handcannons I have :)
I want TLW and Hawkmoon because I think they're the only good handcannons I have left to get. I guess it's good to hear that it's not above and beyond the legendaries I have.

Timur's Lash was my go to choice in PVE and PVP, but I'm liking TDYK

I have the devil you know which I bought from the vanguard and that has the increased damage perk after a kill which is pretty cool. Plus a 12/13 round magazine. Lord High Fixer was a drop and it has the increased stability perk that makes it an amazing hand cannon to use. Hawkmoon has the 3 lucky bullets and those are nice and it has the increased range. The issue I have with the sights on hawkmoon is important for me. I love to play quick with my hand cannons. Those rails next to the sights fuck up my aim.

I find the jumping section really easy.

I'm sure everyone knows already but you can jump down onto the ledge from the first or second platform, then when you get to the parts where you can fall off (easy to see by the damage to the walking area) turn facing the wall and jump to the side. The momentum carries you forward too so you shouldn't fall.

Or as a lock with advanced control glide, jet pack Titan with increased control, or a blade dancer hunter just go straight across :p

Since I see this a lot, I want to throw in the Hunter triple jump. You can go straight across if you start to the right of the entrance.

NeOak

I think community happened, after all we did rip Bungie big new one. Large majority didn't take "Hey, we are going to "fix" Atheon by adding RNG into it!" -suggestion well. I wouldn't be surprised if that took Bungie to the drawing board and forced them to rethink how to adjust Atheon.

Also earlier today that DeeJ post that was linked sounded like that, him talking about them taking feedback very seriously.

Then in the end saying he hopes that this [post] won't bite him to ass [read: community ripping him new one].

I hope they take the feedback. Seriously.

realcZk

lol, if you're considering running an exotic hand cannon one hopes you can handle recoil far more intense than hawkmoon, and it does more damage than either of those legendaries even disregarding its 3 "bonus shots," so thus is indeed considerably better- as it should be, since it costs your exotic slot. It may not be "by far" the best hand cannon but that's only because The Last Word is also amazing, and the jury is still out on Thorn since it's being buffed and is tough to compare to any other gun in the game.

by far the best thing about lord high fixer/the devil you know in comparison is that they're legendaries and thus free you up to run an exotic special or heavy.

tl;dr: hawkian is mad he doesn't have fatebringer

(i kid, i kid)

So because Hawkmoon causes more damage it is a considerably better weapon? That's a pretty simplistic argument

Edit** It's about play style. I like hand cannons to be quick. Hawkmoon is not a quick hand cannon

It's amazing how many people have 420 in their name.

This will probably blow your mind

05FCQ7T.jpg

Yaari

I know Hawkmoon is exclusive, I just wish there was a chance for it to appear at Xur. Make it a secondary roll for either Monte Carlo or Hawkmoon. Maybe have Xur carry it for Christmas or whatever.

Can't really be happy about an exclusive when it is hidden behind so much RNG's. What is the point then. Some of us might not even have it until its exclusivity is lifted. I'd rather have it not be exclusive.

Alucrid

Banned

hawkmoon doesn't really have that much kick, the sights are easy to get used to and the damage difference between that and legendary handcannons is incredibly noticeable

zewone

I think the update is taking longer due to the new Templar cheese becoming popular and them wanting to patch that at the same time.

I know a few hard mode cheeses that I haven't seen come up often, so I'm hoping to keep it quiet so it can make some phases a little more tolerable.

Greenymac

I haven't used TLW but right now Thorn is just insanely good for me.

Im wrecking shit right now with the thorn too! It has grown on me alot after sitting in my vault for awhile waiting for a buff. Starting to wonder whether it really even NEEDS a buff. Also if i take a buddy back through the raid, will I get shards instead of drops?

Grifter

I do it all the time. It is super easy.

I often joke that people that can't do it legit should buy a WiiU and Super Mario 3D World to work on their platforming skills.

I did it legit the first time. Since then we've waiting by the gate several minutes while the titans litter our mics with expletives. Not sure if it's really harder for them or if they need to revisit their NES'.

Jaeyden

I forgot to mention this, but we'll want to designate 3 relic holders and 3 non-holders- because there will always be a 100% chance that at least one relic holder gets teleported in.

You need to have 4 holders and 2 non holders to 100% guarantee a holder goes into the portal.

Is anyone else getting ONLY exotic bounties for Thorn, Bad Juju, and Invectus? I have the other 2 and I'm now working (casually this time) on Invectus #3,is Bungie aware of this? Those 10 fusion rifles in my vault are ready to go...

Dank is a slang term the kids are using to refer to "really good marijuana." Or so I've been told...

This. Lol. These names are hilarious. High times in destiny. Traveler pays the guardians in motes of light to spark the dank and end the darkness in a haze of exotic and legendary grade fire power.

Will also accept strange coin

I can't explain why but my TDYK feels more powerfull than my hawkmoon. Both maxed.

I don't see why. Hawkmoon does more damage and also lends its self better to consecutive shots as its recoil has a drift to it that carries it back unlike TDYK which is completely wild in rapid fire.

If you pick your shots Hawkmoon is better. If you're nervously firing off back to back Hawkmoon is also better.

hawkmoon doesn't really have that much kick, the sights are easy to get used to and the damage difference between that and legendary handcannons is incredibly noticeable

If i chain my kills with the devil you know I can get a lot of damage out of it since it has increased damage after each kill. The recoil on Hawkmoon isn't that bad but it's there and it does slow the weapon down. The sights you can get used to but i'm much quicker with the sights on every other hand cannon.

It's all about what you want out of a hand cannon. I think for my style of play I would definitely enjoy The Last Word more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom