• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

zewone

I did it legit the first time. Since then we've waiting by the gate several minutes while the titans litter our mics with expletives. Not sure if it's really harder for them or if they need to revisit their NES'.

I play as all 3 classes.

I just jump from the 2nd disappearing platform as any class and have no trouble landing 100% of the time.

Steroyd

Is anyone else getting ONLY exotic bounties for Thorn, Bad Juju, and Invectus? I have the other 2 and I'm now working (casually this time) on Invectus #3,is Bungie aware of this? Those 10 fusion rifles in my vault are ready to go...

I got that combo 7 out of 9 times, now there's only 1 exotic bounty I haven't got, which the odds are heavily against me.

Marvel

could never
Yeah, Thorn is my go to weapon has been since I recieved it. In PvP it's utterly hilarious. I've seen people completely panic when they are poisoned and are about to die.

I've seen people run into walls, jump around oh and last night one guy walked of off the ledge at B on Shores of Time
ihzrpPSDfIUDE.gif

Delicious.

Oh and it's great for earning tons of assists too point wise, so great for that bounty.

I play as all 3 classes.

I just jump from the 2nd disappearing platform as any class and have no trouble landing 100% of the time.

Yep, I can confirm this works well. The first two platforms are super easy to jump to and time correctly. When you activate your class-specific jump after the 2nd platform will vary a bit but it's pretty simple.

Alucrid

Banned
If i chain my kills with the devil you know I can get a lot of damage out of it since it has increased damage after each kill. The recoil on Hawkmoon isn't that bad but it's there and it does slow the weapon down. The sights you can get used to but i'm much quicker with the sights on every other hand cannon.

It's all about what you want out of a hand cannon. I think for my style of play I would definitely enjoy The Last Word more

well, if you're talking about the vendor tdyk, then hawkmoon has the same rof and stability

tlw isn't that good at all in pve

Lucis

Person 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6.

4, 5, 6 Control left sync plate
1, 2, 3 Go into left portal and get Gatekeeper health down to 10%
1, 2, 3 Leave Portal
1-6 All shift to right side
4, 5, 6, Control Right sync plate
1, 2, 3 Go into right portal and Kill Gate Keeper.
1 Grabs Relic from right Portal
1, 2, 3 Leave Right portal
1 Goes to mid
4, 5, 6 Shift back to left sync Plate
2, 3 Go into Left Portal, kill Gatekeeper.
2 Grabs Left Relic
2, 3 Leave right portal
1-6 All meet up in Middle

If done right, those last 6 steps should take no longer than 15 seconds.

That's the worst strategy I have ever heard, I don't get why would anyone do this. Just use some heavy ammo synth and have everyone go RPG, 3 goes to the left, 2 shoot 2 rocket each at boss, get out, one last guy finishes (if he still need to) the keeper grab the shield gtfo. one person goes into the middle, use rocket laucher to defend 2-3 mobs (can die) while the rest shift right, 2 goes in, one with the shield the other with a rocket, 2-3 rocket on the gate keeper + super and he's down. the shield guy clear out the gobs while the other guy goes up and grab, do one cleans and gtfo, (should take like 20 sec here?). at this point every mob outside is gone except the middle ones, everyone get to middle, the middle guy might be dead but who cares, 5 with 2 shield is more than enough to hold middle. everyone pop super, generate orb, unlimited super, gg

Lulu23

I'm a Lvl 24 Hunter and would really like some people to play the weekly heroic strike with, eventually leading to playing Nightfall and the Raid when my Lvl is higher.

So, anybody from EuropeGAF, specifically GermanGAF looking for someone in their fireteam around that Lvl?

PSN-ID is "Lu_Vit"

EL CUCO

Is anyone else getting ONLY exotic bounties for Thorn, Bad Juju, and Invectus? I have the other 2 and I'm now working (casually this time) on Invectus #3,is Bungie aware of this? Those 10 fusion rifles in my vault are ready to go...

The others will eventually come. I have all 3 of those weapons. Also Pocket Infinity, but got super good advice and skipped on Super Good Advice.

E92 M3

I've done this method twice on Normal. Never had any issue. What kind of errors have you seen?

Oh - on normal, the strategy can be very flexible. Lately, I always think of the raid from the Heroic perspective.

During a hard raid at lvl 29?

It's doable on normal, but non relic holder, on hard is a tall task.

On hard too, but a level 30 has to solo the portals. On 29 it would require two people.

I think community happened, after all we did rip Bungie big new one. Large majority didn't take "Hey, we are going to "fix" Atheon by adding RNG into it!" -suggestion well. I wouldn't be surprised if that took Bungie to the drawing board and forced them to rethink how to adjust Atheon.

Also earlier today that DeeJ post that was linked sounded like that, him talking about them taking feedback very seriously.

Then in the end saying he hopes that this [post] won't bite him to ass [read: community ripping him new one].

That's a viable theory. Hopefully we'll get some new info tomorrow.

Wait, why? We didn't learn our lesson from the title of OT6? ._.

haha so yeah, it is still this week, and unless they meant "business week," there's today, tomorrow, and Saturday. I don't see how it can be said to have been delayed unless it doesn't come out by eod saturday! which is probably why they don't give more concrete timeframes for these hotfixes

That's what I'm saying. Solar Grenades (Sunsinger DoT) were the only ones that seemed to do anything in our group

Well lately, patches have been coming out on Tuesday/Wednesday. Either way it's all good at this point. Mostly everyone got their raiding in already.

well, if you're talking about the vendor tdyk, then hawkmoon has the same rof and stability

tlw isn't that good at all in pve

I got Lord High Fixer as a drop and that has the increased stability and it just feels a lot quicker. The reason I brought up TDYK is because chaining kills increases damage.

Steroyd

I did it legit the first time. Since then we've waiting by the gate several minutes while the titans litter our mics with expletives. Not sure if it's really harder for them or if they need to revisit their NES'.

It's simple with a titan, all you have to do is jump of the second platform that appears and time when to activate your 2nd jump on the thin ledge, because they can make it, haven't done it with a hunter but if push comes to shove I'd just blade dance across if need be.

Warlocks have it "hardest" because of that bump on the thin ledge pushing them off with no emergency second jump to bail them out, even then you just have control glide on and it's simple.

EL CUCO

Yeah, Thorn is my go to weapon has been since I recieved it. In PvP it's utterly hilarious. I've seen people completely panic when they are poisoned and are about to die.

I've seen people run into walls, jump around oh and last night one guy walked of off the ledge at B on Shores of Time
ihzrpPSDfIUDE.gif

Delicious.

Oh and it's great for earning tons of assists too point wise, so great for that bounty.

LOL So good. God I hope the cry babies dont run to Bungie screaming "nerf". I've seen a few people already complaining on forums...probably same people that used to run around 2 shotting with the Vex Myth.

Greenymac

Fatebringer is soo satisfying. Precision kill and enemies explode. Love it.

Yeah Dante, I need that fatebringer. Im sure I will use it more than any exotic handcannon simply because Ill be able to save that slot for Gjallahorn on hard Raid runs and equip the praedyths revenge for oracles.

LiK

I don't ever touch any disappearing platform. Whenever you walk into the room, just jump down to the right - there should be 3 platforms you can jump to. From the third one, just run and jump across and glide. Right before you land, tap the jump again to land softly.

Which jetpack perk do you use? Very important!

That's the worst strategy I have ever heard, I don't get why would anyone do this. Just use some heavy ammo synth and have everyone go RPG, 3 goes to the left, 2 shoot 2 rocket each at boss, get out, one last guy finishes (if he still need to) the keeper grab the shield gtfo. one person goes into the middle, use rocket laucher to defend 2-3 mobs (can die) while the rest shift right, 2 goes in, one with the shield the other with a rocket, 2-3 rocket on the gate keeper + super and he's down. the shield guy clear out the gobs while the other guy goes up and grab, do one cleans and gtfo, (should take like 20 sec here?). at this point every mob outside is gone except the middle ones, everyone get to middle, the middle guy might be dead but who cares, 5 with 2 shield is more than enough to hold middle. everyone pop super, generate orb, unlimited super, gg

So just because a strategy is different from yours, it's 'the worst'?

Yours relies on heavy weapons far too much and random variables far too much. You can't guaranteee everyone has a good rocket launcher. You can't guarantee everyone will have a super ready to go or if it'll be useful. On hard mode, you cant kill praetorians in one hit unless you have a maxed out G-horn or something similar. And also the very fact that you let someone die in this makes your 'strategy' stupid. OPs strategy is used by lots of people and the main thing is it WORKS. And it's simple to do.

The iron Banner was a disappointment imo.

I was expecting to be able to use any type of gear setup, running all the slots with exotics if I wanted.

That would be the ultimate Iron Banner, hopefully something like that happens.

Marvel

could never
LOL So good. God I hope the cry babies dont run to Bungie screaming "nerf". I've seen a few people already complaining on forums...probably same people that used to run around 2 shotting with the Vex Myth.

Me and gothief were discussing just that the other night, it'll probably be nerfed at this rate the more people that use it and or get destroyed by it.

Oh and it's the only gun with surprised eyebrows.

Kalamari

Call me crazy, but I am actually a big fan of the rare blue crucible hand cannon Silvered Mk. 41 or whatever its called. I can't really compare it to TLW, Hawkmoon, LHF, or Thorn, but I do like it in PVP much more than TDYK. It's got good stability, better reload speed, and a decent RoF, I was actually pretty surprised by how much I liked it.

Tovarisc

Person 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6.

4, 5, 6 Control left sync plate
1, 2, 3 Go into left portal and get Gatekeeper health down to 10%
1, 2, 3 Leave Portal
1-6 All shift to right side
4, 5, 6, Control Right sync plate
1, 2, 3 Go into right portal and Kill Gate Keeper.
1 Grabs Relic from right Portal
1, 2, 3 Leave Right portal
1 Goes to mid
4, 5, 6 Shift back to left sync Plate
2, 3 Go into Left Portal, kill Gatekeeper.
2 Grabs Left Relic
2, 3 Leave right portal
1-6 All meet up in Middle

If done right, those last 6 steps should take no longer than 15 seconds.

Left and Right Gatekeeper should die at same-ish time [1 takes left because it's low HP keeper, 1 or 2 at right] so relics can be obtained around same time and you don't need defend middle anymore than you absolutely have to.

Taking left and right down at separate times like you suggest can put more strain on group because you need to keep defending middle which gets constantly bombarded by minotaurs and hobgoblins.

GobFather

I got a lenganaey engram that turned to "the conduit " pulse rifle Perks: can be fired in full auto. Kills reduces cool down of grenades. Grants +2 agility (It's a FWC pulse rifle). Should I bother with it? Thanks in advance. :)

Grifter

Can I get some PVP weapon advice?

Not feeling what I have but they aren't totally maxed out - been running hard light and vision of confluence, thinking of buying devil you know for it.

Off previous games, my preference would be pulse rifle if they didn't make me feel bad at Destiny.

forrest

formerly nacire
posting for new page

Looking for help on PS3. Wanna cheese normal Atheon on my main and alt, have checkpoint. Need warlock or titan.

Forrest_Crump

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
I think community happened, after all we did rip Bungie big new one. Large majority didn't take "Hey, we are going to "fix" Atheon by adding RNG into it!" -suggestion well. I wouldn't be surprised if that took Bungie to the drawing board and forced them to rethink how to adjust Atheon.

It didn't help that they tried to sell it by blatantly lying to the playerbase calling it a bug.

Bizazedo

1. See group of enemies
2. Summon sparrows in front of enemies
3. Keep shooting sparrow and watch as sparrow speeds off towards the enemies and explodes ^_^
I've actually been secretly trying to kill my raid group by shooting my sparrow and sending it into them as they crowd around the first chest, but they grab and take off too quickly.

I will get it one of these days.

I think the update is taking longer due to the new Templar cheese becoming popular and them wanting to patch that at the same time.

I know a few hard mode cheeses that I haven't seen come up often, so I'm hoping to keep it quiet so it can make some phases a little more tolerable.
Like how you can kill the outside Gatekeeper from outside the room and then send an invisible hunter in to activate the first gate, thus despawning all of the asshole snipers in the beginning?

They need to revisit their NES, it's very easy as a Titan.

Ever since I've learned how to use lightning grenades, I notice more and more Titans using them in PvP. So apparently a bunch of people learned at the same time.

That being said, I don't care, as they're amazing + Armamentarium.

zewone

2nd platform as in the one right in front of the starting point? Isn't that really far?

So from the first platform, which is directly in front of the starting point, the 2nd platform is to the right.

Jump to the 1st platform and then the 2nd. Do not hesitate during any of these jumps.

If you jump off at the edge of the 2nd platform, any class can make the jump.

It's really easy.

If I was home I would make a video.

LiK

So from the first platform, which is directly in front of the starting point, the 2nd platform is to the right.

Jump to the 1st platform and then the 2nd. Do not hesitate during any of these jumps.

If you jump off at the edge of the 2nd platform, any class can make the jump.

It's really easy.

If I was home I would make a video.

Wait, second ledge from start? I need a video. Make one asap.

allday247

Banned
I'll join 29 Titan, PSN babyghost853.
Also have a 29 warlock that I would like to get the checkpoint for.

I'm making Dinner right now (something i forgot to do and now getting an earful!) but will be on later tonight if you're still interested. probably gonna try again around 9pm GMT

PSN - Milkypooz.

send FR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom