• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

zewone

Like how you can kill the outside Gatekeeper from outside the room and then send an invisible hunter in to activate the first gate, thus despawning all of the asshole snipers in the beginning?

I actually just read that one myself yesterday. Sounds interesting.

I was referring to being able to hide during the Templar's 'summons his legions' phase and some sniper points during the oracle phase that keep your team out of danger.

Can I get some PVP weapon advice?

Not feeling what I have but they aren't totally maxed out - been running hard light and vision of confluence, thinking of buying devil you know for it.

Off previous games, my preference would be pulse rifle if they didn't make me feel bad at Destiny.

If you haven't got the stability upgrade for Hard Light using it will make you hate yourself. Vendor TDYK is pretty solid if you wanna check out out. Since you already have Vision that's a pretty good option already.

Lucis

So just because a strategy is different from yours, it's 'the worst'?

Yours relies on heavy weapons far too much and random variables far too much. You can't guaranteee everyone has a good rocket launcher. You can't guarantee everyone will have a super ready to go or if it'll be useful. On hard mode, you cant kill praetorians in one hit unless you have a maxed out G-horn or something similar. And also the very fact that you let someone die in this makes your 'strategy' stupid. OPs strategy is used by lots of people and the main thing is it WORKS. And it's simple to do.

In hard mode you can't kill praetorians at level 30 even if you have maxed "G-horn" so it's 2 rockets reguardless. Actually Hezen Vengence works just as well for praetorian. When you are doing hard, you should have some rocket launcher upgraded anyways.

Also the poster asked for the "fastest" way, and obviously going to each portal twice is not fastest.

The fastest way is actually 3 left 1 right AT THE SAME TIME. That relies A LOT MORE on gear/level since the 1 right need to be 30 with maxed "G-horn" the 2 on the left also just throws 2 rockets at the left keeper and get out to help outside to keep door open, once the 2 relic holder comes out, all mobs gone and to middle, this can be done in probably 2 min or less TOTAL

Edit: also why it sound a bit off for me is that if you give up the left side to go right, don't the mobs claim left and there's possible oracle spawn? It sounds like a mess when you want to go back to left to defend. also my strategy doesn't require everyone to have a good rocket launcher, actually only 2 NEED to have it. If not, the two person helping on #1 can simply use ice breaker, they won't be able to go out intime to not get blinded, but that's not the problem, they can just stay ou tside of the gate blinded for a few seconds while the relic guy is running out. Over all I don't see any benifit of keepoign the boss at low hp on left and going right

In hard mode you can't kill praetorians at level 30 even if you have maxed "G-horn" so it's 2 rockets reguardless. Actually Hezen Vengence works just as well for praetorian. When you are doing hard, you should have some rocket launcher upgraded anyways.

Also the poster asked for the "fastest" way, and obviously going to each portal twice is not fastest.

The fastest way is actually 3 left 1 right AT THE SAME TIME. That relies A LOT MORE on gear/level since the 1 right need to be 30 with maxed "G-horn" the 2 on the left also just throws 2 rockets at the left keeper and get out to help outside to keep door open, once the 2 relic holder comes out, all mobs gone and to middle, this can be done in probably 2 min or less TOTAL

Would Truth work better since it does Void damage?

zewone

There's a platform on the right that's always there and doesn't appear and disappear.

I know that, I wanna see him use that to make it across.

I actually use the disappearing one for all of my classes.

I have used that one platform you are referring to, but I never felt comfortable with it. The one I use now I can do with my eyes closed.

I actually have more trouble on the catwalk portion and not falling off after landing, lol.

It was fun just to see it work but I'm fine with doing it the normal way. I had to burn through two specials along with all my normal grenades and it took so long it was actually a close call at the end with him enraged and sending out all those Praetorians, etc.

Well when I'm back in the lineup we'd have two Sunbros and would get it done pretty quick, especially by taking Fireborn off and putting on Song of Flame so everyone can spam grenades more often, even if it's only each other. That said, he's so easy on Normal we can do it either way and it's really only to get that extra chest easily which is only ass anyway.

What are some good Void Weapons? Right now all I have is a Prudence II, which still needs it's last 3-4 dmg upgrades (sitting at 267) and is a bit weak in regards to Impact stat.

I feel like I'll be pretty useless in Hard VoG without one.

What are some good Void Weapons? Right now all I have is a Prudence II, which still needs it's last 3-4 dmg upgrades (sitting at 267) and is a bit weak in regards to Impact stat.

I love my "Swarm" machine gun. First legendary I ever got, and It's never that spot longer than a single nightfall run.

LiK

I actually use the disappearing one for all of my classes.

I have used that one platform you are referring to, but I never felt comfortable with it. The one I use now I can do with my eyes closed.

I actually have more trouble on the catwalk portion and not falling off after landing, lol.

Ok, you're the second person to point out the second disappearing platform to use. I will remember this.

zewone

Atheon's Epilogue and The Supremacy.

So deleting characters and powerleveling a new one to run the raid again, does it work? I had a pretty kickass looting day yesterday but I sort of want more. The only thing stopping me is the rep grind but with the nightfall that's not that big of an issue.

gatti-man

Did hardmode raid last night all the way up to atheon on an alt that hadnt done normal yet. Got nothing but ass mats. Like 18 shards and 4 energies. So weird.

anddo0

A maxed out Void Light/Beware can take down Minotaur in three hits.

-Swarm with void
-Zombie Apocalypse with void

Pretty much any legendary weapon found outside of VoG with void.
The weapons you find in the VoG are the best overall though. I love my Atheons Epilogue.

I love my "Swarm" machine gun. First legendary I ever got, and It's never that spot longer than a single nightfall run.

Shit, that reminds me that I have a Zombie Apocalypse WF47 also. I think I'm looking more into secondaries since I have a fully upgraded Hezen Vengence and will start working on Gjallahorn once Ice Breaker is done.
A maxed out Void Light/Beware can take down Minotaur in three hits.

-Swarm with void
-Zombie Apocalypse with void

Pretty much any legendary weapon found outside of VoG with void.
The weapons you find in the VoG are the bets overall though. I love my Atheons Epilogue.

So far all the Light/Bewares, as well as most variable type weapons, have come with Solar. My Arcs and Voids have been seriously lacking.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
So deleting characters and powerleveling a new one to run the raid again, does it work? I had a pretty kickass looting day yesterday but I sort of want more. The only thing stopping me is the rep grind but with the nightfall that's not that big of an issue.

Yes, someone said they've done it.

E92 M3

It works but very monotonous ^_^

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
tl;dr: hawkian is mad he doesn't have fatebringer

(i kid, i kid)
lol, it's a hard raid drop, so I can only be so mad. not even 29 yet, though I'm on my way from the shards I got last night :D

My secondmost desired item though. It would be soooo good for this nightfall :-[
You need to have 4 holders and 2 non holders to 100% guarantee a holder goes into the portal.
that's right of course, I totally screwed that up in my brain..
I've been lusting after Hawkmoon but after really thinking about it, I think the raid HC will be hard to beat for this reason right here.
mhm, ultimately it's kind of tough to pick an exotic primary in a lot of PvE scenarios unless you are really really committed to it like I am with Hawkmoon, and even then it gets stowed for bosses and during any kind of burn mod.
yeah I really don't understand the complaint. I've had an easier time with headshots (and Vex bodyshots) using Hawkmoon than anything else in the game.
I admit it took getting used to, but it feels so snappy to aim now, it's one of my favorite sights and the gun's just so accurate to begin with...
For the kills portion or the dismantling portion?
that was my exact thought, lol. like who's going to find that one out

Level 29 Hunter. Did the normal raid two times successfully, tried the hard one once (we couldn't get past the templar). If that's okay for you, I'll join.

Sure, my PSN is same as here.

I've done the HM raid before, but in a hodgepodge way so we did everything except the confluxes and oracles. Everything else was easy enough but couldn't get past the confluxes when we tried again. That was when I was 29 however so it should go a little better this time.

I'm in if you need an extra body.

More than a dozen raids, normal and hard. Lvl 29 Hunter, maxed out weapons.

Thats 4 now

Uh, is Raid constantly giving loot now? Thought you did it this week already?

Alt. Made another Hunter cause I was sick of not getting boots for a month.

Guess what, even my alt can't get boots.

Does the MythoClast count towards the fusion rifle exotic bounty?

Yeah and it's so easy.

I should be saying FU DeathJr.

5 gloves, really?
All I need is ONE and you get FIVE!!!! rageface.gif

Got 4 chest pieces too...but no boots and no helm yet. Seen other players get 2 helmets off atheon at the same time while I got shards.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Oh hell no. My internet is shitting itself. I'm right before phogoth soloing nigthfall on my 25. I've gotten contacting destiny servers twice now. I haven't been DCed yet, please noooooooo.

Just hit level 30 with my titan alt who has only been through a raid once. Meanwhile my main is stuck at 29 with only one peice of raid armor. That's RNG for you.

Marvel

could never
Oh hell no. My internet is shitting itself. I'm right before phogoth soloing nigthfall on my 25. I've gotten contacting destiny servers twice now. I haven't been DCed yet, please noooooooo.

I had a power cut whilst I was solo'ing Phogoth today, got him down to half health and then BOOM.

Had to do it all over again (this time with Dhruv, ty man)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I think this would put me on suicide watch even without the DC issues O.O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom