• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

dacalo

Gaffers, need some advice here.

I have a level 28 warlock with decent armory. I have run normal raid 4 times and I haven't found a single raid gear. Haven't found any exotics. Only decent thing I have found is an AE. At this point should I:

1) Keep running normal raid until I find some raid gear

2) Upgrade non-raid gear to reach level 29 and start tackling hard mode for more loot

I am not sure whether being level 29 in hard mode is optimal. Please advise!

I have a level 28 warlock with decent armory. I have run normal raid 4 times and I haven't found a single raid gear. Haven't found any exotics. Only decent thing I have found is an AE. At this point should I:

2) Upgrade non-raid gear to reach level 29 and start tackling hard mode for more loot

Do both of those and pray to Xur

realcZk

29 in hard mode is definitely not optimal (damage penalties), but it's doable. That's what I'm doing right now, hard mode runs will net you more loot since you get normal+hard rolls. You will want to have a primary that's upgraded to 300 damage, because at 29 going against level 30 mobs your damage output is decreased, and you take more damage. Depending on how much you play it might not be worth the shards to spend on upgrading your non-raid year to 29. If shards aren't a bottleneck for you then go for it, it'll even help you in the normal raid. If you are itching to try hard then you'll need to be 29 at least.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I had a power cut whilst I was solo'ing Phogoth today, got him down to half health and then BOOM.

Had to do it all over again (this time with Dhruv, ty man)
That blows.
I think this would put me on suicide watch even without the DC issues O.O

I've had to play extremely careful. Even then, I've had to use self-rez 3-4 times. I'm currently sitting in the 2nd back room at phogoth while a knight with an arc cannon shoots at the wall while I wait for my super to come back up. I need it in case I get hit while trying to take him out, lol.

EL CUCO

When life gives you Shards, make Shardonade.

get to 29

Atkison04

I have a gut feeling that xur is selling the last word this weekend. Seems like the gun everyone is currently talking about is the one that ends up for sale.

Also, still looking for a couple folks for a normal raid on ps4 (raid virgins or willing vets) for tomorrow morning around 7 am EST. Message me on here if interested (this means you too lurkers). Will post again here and on destinylfg in the morning but would rather have some people already lined up. Thanks!

ZROCOOL

aka II VerTigo II

Reach level 29 by upgrading non-raid gear. Then you can run both difficulties earning whatever the RNGods give you.

Kalamari

I think Warlocks are probably the most capable class for hardmode at 29 with self revive. I do understand the value of shards to some people, but I think running hard mode is best if you can get to 29. The better drops make it worthwhile in my opinion.

forrest

formerly nacire
Looking for help on PS3. Wanna cheese normal Atheon on my main and alt, have checkpoint. Need warlock or titan.

Forrest_Crump

E92 M3

Will Xur have a sale for Black Friday?

By one engram, get two blues for free?
By one weapon, get a random legendary free?
Half off exotics?

Mindlog

What are some good Void Weapons? Right now all I have is a Prudence II, which still needs it's last 3-4 dmg upgrades (sitting at 267) and is a bit weak in regards to Impact stat.

I feel like I'll be pretty useless in Hard VoG without one.
The raid void weapons are solid choices of course.
Someone mentioned The Swarm which is also one of my favorite PvP weapons. However, I have a fully upgraded Gjallarhorn so that's my go-to heavy for the raid.

My recommendation: 77 Wizard Void. It can easily kill Minotaurs on its own and rips off Praetorian shields so they can be killed in one rocket when necessary. Pairs very well with Vision of Confluence. Light/Beware is also pretty good, but I liked the Wizard so much I fully upgraded it.

ethomaz

Banned
Wait, second ledge from start? I need a video. Make one asap.
It is the second platform that shows... so from start you will need to jump in the first ahead you, in the second to the right and finally jump to the wall spot.

I never missed a jump after do that.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Damn, congrats. Were you doing this just for the challenge? Many kudos.

Thanks. Kind of, more so because I wanted to see if I'd get lucky with a drop. All I got was a legendary special engram, though. Also, I wanted the buff since I'm farming rep right now.

edit: Turned into comedian, already have it.

lunlunqq

Guys, playing on Vita via remote play is a great way to hone your skills. I've done a full successful raid, 5 nightfalls, 5 lvl28 weekly, and quite a few lvl28 dailies on my vita. This nightfall gives me the most trouble because you have to be fast with your snipers.

Then this morning, I had a chance to play the nightfall again with my controller. Holy cow the difference is night and day. Now I saw a knight just fired his arc cannon at me. Took out my sniper rifle. Take careful aim. Land a perfect headshot to kill him. Flip him the bird. Go make a sandwich. Then come back and still have enough time to dodge that cannon shell. :)

zewone

My Supremacy is arc, tho I've flip-flopped Praedyth's Revenge and Final Boss for void.

Honestly, I just use Ice Breaker. Even with solar, it has the highest impact rating of any sniper in the game so far.

I also use the raid solar rocket launcher. The damage is so high, and the shields are less of an issue than a minotaur's health.

nowai

How'd you manage this? I tried at 28 with a 28 and 27 on my team, and we were not up to it. Any tips would be appreciated.

Element burn can do wonders for an underleveled character. Also, going in solo makes the mobs have less health.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom