• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

WITHE1982

Guys, playing on Vita via remote play is a great way to hone your skills. I've done a full successful raid, 5 nightfalls, 5 lvl28 weekly, and quite a few lvl28 dailies on my vita. This nightfall gives me the most trouble because you have to be fast with your snipers.

Then this morning, I had a chance to play the nightfall again with my controller. Holy cow the difference is night and day. Now I saw a knight just fired his arc cannon at me. Took out my sniper rifle. Take careful aim. Land a perfect headshot to kill him. Flip him the bird. Go make a sandwich. Then come back and still have enough time to dodge that cannon shell. :)

I normally do tiger strikes, daily 28 and weekly 28 on my Vita. Nightfall is just a step too far though TBH, same with PVP. Yet the Vita has proven to be a godsend for fitting in family and destiny time.

This week, sure, but arc burn made the Cerberus Vae Nightfall easier than its Heroic counterpart. Wizards are just a massive bitch in general, grrr I hate them. Thunderlord and Plan C are gonna be doing work tonight.

Damn, congrats. Were you doing this just for the challenge? Many kudos.

This week's nightfall is easy peasy with Ice Breaker + Fate Bringer. Everything except Wizards dissolve in front of FB, and then use IB to bring down the Wizards' shields, and then switch back to FB real quick. I did need to be revived a few times due to the one hit kills on my 26 Titan, but hot damn when I wasn't dead I was steam rolling.

Oh yeah, if using your hunter, Lucky Raspberry and Arc grenade...

Tovarisc

Because balance of this game is determined through PvP to both PvP and PvE then;

• Hawkmoon shouldn't be able to get multiple damage procs to single bullet
  • Fusion Rifles need range decrease, bolt spread increase and hip recoil increase [make them less stable]
  • AR's need even more range decrease, more recoil increase and more bullet spread at long range
  • Not much you can do to the shotties without making them totally worthless, but some like Found Verdict still has way too much reach when compared to most of shotguns
  • Sniper Rifles should have less auto aim and more kick so you can't 2-3 tap to body in very tight period of time. Fun to get x-map sniped to spawn in First Light by snipers spamming just body shots rapidly.
  • Etc.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
How'd you manage this? I tried at 28 with a 28 and 27 on my team, and we were not up to it. Any tips would be appreciated.

Playing like a complete wuss and having self-revive, lol. For the three waves part, I hung back in the hallway and ran in to take pot shots at the knights with shields. For the wizards I stayed in the same spot, but pulled them back into the hall and then ran to the top of the stairs and damaged them from there. From there on I tried to stay back and pick mobs off from as far as I could. For phogoth, I stayed in the back room. You can jump on the ledge of the doorway and the shrieker won't spawn. You can just see phogoth's arm from right there and snipe him.

lunlunqq

I normally do tiger strikes, daily 28 and weekly 28 on my Vita. Nightfall is just a step too far though TBH, same with PVP. Yet the Vita has proven to be a godsend for fitting in family and destiny time.

Yup yup. Just told my wife that I will have to go to the guest bedroom downstairs to get some work done. Take out the Vita and get some missions done. She never knew... ;)

Strider

Yeah probably, and I'd still end up buying that AR though lol. I'm not good at saving money.

Oh I mean... I'll definitely stil buy it :p Gotta collect em all n stuffs.

I have so many strange coins that I'll buy anything I don't need or particularly want anyway. I haven't even been doing the weekly heroic lately.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
This week's nightfall is easy peasy with Ice Breaker + Fate Bringer. Everything except Wizards dissolve in front of FB, and then use IB to bring down the Wizards' shields, and then switch back to FB real quick. I did need to be revived a few times due to the one hit kills on my 26 Titan, but hot damn when I wasn't dead I was steam rolling.

Oh yeah, if using your hunter, Lucky Raspberry and Arc grenade...
Oh yeah let me just grab my fatebringer no problem -_- Luckily Thunderlord is fantastic and I'll be stocking up on synthesis.

No lucky raspberry, but I know where to put my flux grenades at least :D
Please, Xur, sell TLW or Hawkmoon!!! I already have T&P...
Unfortunately Xur cannot sell Hawkmoon, at least for the moment. So far, all the xur inventories have been identical across all 4 consoles.

My prediction... even though I have it already, it's time for another round of Gjallarhorn! More fireteams need access to it. Gjallar to the people baby

This is a weird feeling. There's no one online to raid with, and I've already done pretty much everything I can do in the game... All that's left is waiting for the last pieces of Raid gear to never drop, and seeing what Xur has tomorrow.

Marvel

could never
Oh I mean... I'll definitely stil buy it :p Gotta collect em all n stuffs.

I have so many strange coins that I'll buy anything I don't need or particularly want anyway. I haven't even been doing the weekly heroic lately.

I may be crazy and buy a new lightpack for my sparrow too haha. (Actually shit, I do not have a rare one yet)

Haha. Me too. I don't have it and I'm a collector. I have to have every single Exotic weapon that exists in this game.

This feel, I know it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Its going to be gjallarhorn and raids will be rocketcheesed forever
no one has been able to explain to me how this could be considered cheesing. is it just labelled cheesing if it takes below a certain amount of time no matter what you're doing?

Zakalwe

Banned
Xur will be selling Gjallahorn. It will look like the Hard Light icon, and when you hover over it it will show HL's stats. When you buy it, HL will appear in your inventory and will equip as HL in the primary weapon slot.

But it will be Gjallahorn.

It won't be Gjallahorn :(

Marvel

could never
no one has been able to explain to me how this could be considered cheesing.

It's because it really isn't, people need to learn the difference on that. It's just everyone using the same heavy which is the smart thing to do, especially for HM.

So if everyone is using Suros in the Raid is that cheesing? > nu uh lol.

EL CUCO

Best Legendary Sniper that I've seen is The Queen's "The Supremacy". I was blessed with both Void and Arc. It's my go to Rifle. I still have to try Praedyth's Revenge on Oracles and in PVP but I've been unimpressed with it's low impact.

Nameless

It took a 100+++++ hours but finally made my first weapon purchase this morning having hit the 200 mark limit with more available to earn. Went with the Epitaph sniper. I typically only grab sniper rifles for Nightfall insurance, but it's the only glaring weakness in my arsenal right now as my Prudence II is, without question, one of the biggest steaming piles of horse crap in the game despite having decent perks on paper and pretty design.

I do sorta regret passing on Icebreaker even though it only would've gotten limited usage.

Grifter

Honestly, I just use Ice Breaker. Even with solar, it has the highest impact rating of any sniper in the game so far.

I also use the raid solar rocket launcher. The damage is so high, and the shields are less of an issue than a minotaur's health.

That's why I switched to Final Boss despite Praedyth's perk vs. Oracles. FB has a stagger perk that I hope translates to high impact shots, which sounds nice in PVP.

dengatron

no one has been able to explain to me how this could be considered cheesing. is it just labelled cheesing if it takes below a certain amount of time no matter what you're doing?
Its not actually cheese but the videos of 5 gjallarhorn vs atheons are hilarious and borderline broken. I regret my nonpurchase daily

Zakalwe

Banned
Best Legendary Sniper that I've seen is The Queen's "The Supremacy". I was blessed with both Void and Arc. It's my go to Rifle. I still have to try Praedyth's Revenge on Oracles and in PVP but I've been unimpressed with it's low impact.

I agree. I have arc and solar.

Both have field scout and mid range agile sights. 6 rounds in the clip. Perfect.

The solar has armour penetrating rounds which are so much fun in pvp. Shooting people through light cover never gets old.

Not found a sniper type that feels as good to fire. So glad I managed to get these two. :3

Oh yeah let me just grab my fatebringer no problem -_- Luckily Thunderlord is fantastic and I'll be stocking up on synthesis.

No lucky raspberry, but I know where to put my flux grenades at least :D

Unfortunately Xur cannot sell Hawkmoon, at least for the moment. So far, all the xur inventories have been identical across all 4 consoles.

My prediction... even though I have it already, it's time for another round of Gjallarhorn! More fireteams need access to it. Gjallar to the people baby

I already have too many Arc weapons, but I really want Thunderlord. Like real bad. More than Gjallarhorn. Hint, hint, Xur.

Dante316

Its not actually cheese but the videos of 5 gjallarhorn vs atheons are hilarious and borderline broken. I regret my nonpurchase daily

Woa woa, borderline broken? Its part of the game, and that's exactly how your supposed to play. As ghallarhorn maxed user, there aren't enough of us. There is nothing broken about getting the weapon and maxing it and using it to full potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom