• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iceman829

I want to try the Titanfall Horde mode... Destiny needs a Horde mode so I can get Crucible marks without having to endure the PvP.

I'm in. I should have another guy to invite for the horde mode as well.

I would be happier with Destiny's MP if they added a non super ability mode. Also a patch on the heavy weapon crate that would fix the times when my character cannot open the box.

Fedemgsuy

How'd you manage this? I tried at 28 with a 28 and 27 on my team, and we were not up to it. Any tips would be appreciated.

At the 3 part door opening, stay outside of the room, in the entrance hallway, and kill everything from there, at the boss, again stay outside of the room, and, and be careful with the turrents that will spawn behind you, its really easy if you have patience, and the Icebreaker.

Namikaze1

Oh it's gonna be The Last Word but you have people here praying for Hypehorn. You all should had bought it when you had the chance!

Watch it be Hard Light.

Stantron

When selecting a mission, there is an option to resume [X] or reset [square], but choosing reset still puts me at a mid-mission check point instead of starting the mission from the beginning. Is this a bug?

Namikaze1

When selecting a mission, there is an option to resume [X] or reset [square], but choosing reset still puts me at a mid-mission check point instead of starting the mission from the beginning. Is this a bug?
Sadly, you have to choose the non-heroic difficulty to reset the mission. It sucks and Bungie needs to fix that cause having to do that and then head back to orbit to pick the right difficulty is time consuming.

Stantron

Sadly, you have to choose the non-heroic difficulty to reset the mission. It sucks and Bungie needs to fix that cause having to do that and then head back to orbit to pick the right difficulty is time consuming.

Ah, Ok. Thanks. Yeah, they really need to fix that. In the mean time, making the trip in and out of non-heroic difficulty will be good to do instead of grinding out the rest of a heroic mission just so that I can get to the beginning of a mission for a bounty.

GobFather

no idea. have any reviews yourself? pulse rifles are the one gun class in Destiny I just can't seem to get into.
Mine has "fire in full auto mode". "Kill reduces grenade cool down." And "+2 agility when holding gun". Just got it. Debating between this and strange suspect which has "increase reload when empty" and "grenade cool down"

Exotic weapon power rankings

1. Gjallahorn
2. Icebreaker
3. Suros regime

I would say

1. Gjallahorn
2. icebreaker
3. mythoclast even after nerf. thankfully it will get a buff as they nerfed it to much. before Nerf I would say it´s up with Icebreaker but its a auto fusion rifle :) It was GODLY.

excowboy

I passed on it in favor of Sunbreakers which I really regret because I got Heart of the Praxic Fire the same week from an exotic engram so I never really used them. To make it worse he sold Suros the following week which I wasn't able to afford.

I think I'm gonna be in the same boat this weekend - bought the Light Beyond Nemesis last week, rolled an engram and got Praxic Fire so not using LBN, won't have enough coins for a weapon this week :S

X-Frame

I have 70 coins and I haven't even done any of the Weekly's yet with my 3 characters, so I'm pretty set for whatever Xur Claus brings us tomorrow.

Also, is the raid sparrow a Hard-only drop or can it drop in Normal too?

I have 70 coins and I haven't even done any of the Weekly's yet with my 3 characters, so I'm pretty set for whatever Xur Claus brings us tomorrow.

Also, is the raid sparrow a Hard-only drop or can it drop in Normal too?

I think its a hard raid only or has an extremely low rate of drop on normal

Marvel

could never
I've only just realized that the massive chains running through the underground of the moon are Phogoths restraints... wow.
I'm stupid

patchday

In PvE, Suros takes a back seat, as it is not worth using the exotic slot for the primary weapon.

Pretty sure I was one of the top damagers in the last normal raid I went on with my Suros on the L27 hunter. Could be attributed to many other factors though. Like, the other dudes were dead, etc

Granted, havent unlocked the 'oracle' disrupting on my void rifle (Atheon Epilogue) yet. Once I get that rifle leveled up more will probably use that instead for vex

In PvE, Suros takes a back seat, as it is not worth using the exotic slot for the primary weapon.

My Hawkmoon says YOU should take a backseat ;)

But I hear what you're saying. If I can get the Fatebringer to drop from the raid, I'd be a lot happier in that I could use my IB, Ghorn, or whatever as my exotic.

darthbob

I've only just realized that the massive chains running through the underground of the moon are Phogoths restraints... wow.
I'm stupid

I thought that too but then I found the same set of chains on the same level area as the Phogoth encounter so unless those chains go downward and then wrap around the area, I'm not sure what they're supposed to be.

Marvel

could never
I thought that too but then I found the same set of chains on the same level area as the Phogoth encounter so unless those chains go downward and then wrap around the area, I'm not sure what they're supposed to be.

Ah.

Well some of them are I guess, a nice touch I like it.

CornDogg

I'm stupid

Don't feel bad. I didn't put it together either. Never even thought about it until you just said that. Lol.

Edit: Just saw darth's reply. Nevermind, then.

lupin23rd

Yeah, it's pretty nice. I have one in Void and one in Arc, plus Pocket Infinity for Solar. I'm pretty well covered for elements in terms of fusion rifles.

I thought it was void by default, so while I was melting praetorians like butter in the raid my team was having more trouble, and had no idea they couldn't just buy the one I had.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Pretty sure I was one of the top damagers in the last normal raid I went on with my Suros on the L27 hunter. Could be attributed to many other factors though. Like, the other dudes were dead, etc

Granted, havent unlocked the 'oracle' disrupting on my void rifle (Atheon Epilogue) yet. Once I get that rifle leveled up more will probably use that instead for vex

How do you determine who is a "top damager"?

I've done about 10 raids with a Suros, so I'm definitely not hating on it. I have 2 that I maxxed out to 300. I'm saying that a legendary primary + Ghorn (or IB) is better than a Suros + Legendary rocket launcher. I don't think the Suros does significantly more damage or provide significantly more functionality over some other legendaries, such as, say, a VoC. I think an Exotic weapon should do something that you can't get in any other legendary, or just be head and shoulders above the other possible legendaries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom