• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grifter

Is gjallerhorn really better than truth? Truth's aggressive seeking and early explosion sounds better to me, tho I did watch a friend take out snipers in PVP with gjallerhorn and it seemed to fire really fast.

Oh yeah let me just grab my fatebringer no problem -_- Luckily Thunderlord is fantastic and I'll be stocking up on synthesis.

No lucky raspberry, but I know where to put my flux grenades at least :D

Unfortunately Xur cannot sell Hawkmoon, at least for the moment. So far, all the xur inventories have been identical across all 4 consoles.

My prediction... even though I have it already, it's time for another round of Gjallarhorn! More fireteams need access to it. Gjallar to the people baby

why cant xur sell Hawkmoon?

Doesnt bungie decide what is up on offer every week?

Dante316

Is gjallerhorn really better than truth? Truth's aggressive seeking and early explosion sounds better to me, tho I did watch a friend take out snipers in PVP with gjallerhorn and it seemed to fire really fast.

Imo, best raid weapon , best pvp heavy , best strike weapon, best overall weapon in the game. It destroys all in its path :)

dengatron

Gjallarhorn does about 3 or 4 times the damage of truth in pve. It's seeky rounds get the atheon buff damage too and crush the boss. Truth isnt awful and is probably better than any other launcher. Truth is beast in pvp too

EL CUCO

I agree. I have arc and solar.

Both have field scout and mid range agile sights. 6 rounds in the clip. Perfect.

The solar has armour penetrating rounds which are so much fun in pvp. Shooting people through light cover never gets old.

Not found a sniper type that feels as good to fire. So glad I managed to get these two. :3

*HIGH FIVE*

It's also kinda rare. Another nice perk ;)

HunRevan

Gjallarhorn looks much better so there is no question here... :)

Lakitu

st5fu
I got the Suros Regime during a Tiger strike. Is there any point in keeping it? Since I already have a fully upgraded one. Wish I could just give it away rather than dismantling it for a measly 3 energies.

Gjallerhorn has Wolf Pack rounds... that deal additional damage... its crazy stuff

My Supremacy is arc, tho I've flip-flopped Praedyth's Revenge and Final Boss for void.

My Final Boss is fire but the Truth is void which can 2 shot a Minotaur. Which actually brings me to the question, does anyone else have too many fire and void weapons but very few ark? I have fire IB, Pocket Infinity, Gjallarhorn, Invective, Final Boss and the Cure, and Void Aethon, Zombie Apo, Comedian, Truth etc but only P&T and Raid shotty do ark. Its kinda weird how rare the ark legendaries and exotics are.

dB Viper

Question on Checkpoints..

I haven't completed the Normal Raid this week, only did the Hard Atheon cheese on my main.

Am I able to get the hard checkpoint on my Alt if I join someone and leave, or do I need to have completed the normal raid?

Navy Bean

My prediction... even though I have it already, it's time for another round of Gjallarhorn! More fireteams need access to it. Gjallar to the people baby
I hope not until next week unless it's only 17 coins. I only have 18 coins now and I have no interest in grinding for the chance to receive coins. Now that I'm level 30 I have little interest in grinding for anything, really, that requires pure luck to get. Slowly leveling up exotic weapons is the absolute worst.

I agree. I have arc and solar.

Both have field scout and mid range agile sights. 6 rounds in the clip. Perfect.

The solar has armour penetrating rounds which are so much fun in pvp. Shooting people through light cover never gets old.

Not found a sniper type that feels as good to fire. So glad I managed to get these two. :3

Yeah, I got the void, and with my armor perks I carry about 32 rounds. I love my icebreaker, but I was relying on it too much when most of the time the supremacy was a better option.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Its not actually cheese but the videos of 5 gjallarhorn vs atheons are hilarious and borderline broken. I regret my nonpurchase daily
So do I =(
I also passed on it when Xur had it. :(
It was my very first exotic, I spent all 17 of my hard-earned coins on it and I don't regret one penny :D

have more smileys :D :D :D

Yes, it really is, unless a Void burn is in town. I think some that question the majesty of Gjallarhorn are really missing out on what WOLFPACK ROUNDS actually do.

edit: Though this is primarily for bosses in PvE i'm talking. In PvP it's probably a wash.
I hope not until next week unless it's only 17 coins. I only have 18 coins now and I have no interest in grinding for the chance to receive coins. Now that I'm level 30 I have little interest in grinding for anything, really, that requires pure luck to get. Slowly leveling up exotic weapons is the absolute worst.
special and heavy weapons are always 17 coins.

hydruxo

Truth is solid but Gjallarhorn is probably the best weapon in the game

MADGAME

Usually there are few events in one's life, that when reflected upon, either brings about regret or things that should have been. Should I have made a different decision? How varied or better would life be if I only would have taken a different action. We can't change the past but we can feel the effects of it's passing, especially when knowing you could have taken action to make your life better.

That is how I feel about not purchasing Gjallarhorn when I had the chance.

It took a 100+++++ hours but finally made my first weapon purchase this morning having hit the 200 mark limit with more available to earn. Went with the Epitaph sniper. I typically only grab sniper rifles for Nightfall insurance, but it's the only glaring weakness in my arsenal right now as my Prudence II is, without question, one of the biggest steaming piles of horse crap in the game despite having decent perks on paper and pretty design.

I do sorta regret passing on Icebreaker even though it only would've gotten limited usage.

Yeah I have the IB and I use it less than I would have thought. Pretty sure my Hawkmoon has something (
everything
) to do with that.

IB is still a really crucial weapon to have in certain situations because of the ammo perk.

I've got to start doing the weekly strikes or I'm never going to get enough coins to buy anything from Xur. I should just bite the bullet and do the lower level one instead of waiting to get to level 28.

Decisions...decisions...
10708774_10204948807301062_8549850143294613701_o.jpg

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Usually there are few events in one's life, that when reflected upon, either brings about regret or things that should have been. Should I have made a different decision? How varied or better would life be if I only would have taken a different action. We can't change the past but we can feel the effects of it's passing, especially when knowing you could have taken action to make your life better.

Did you at least purchase Truth the other day?

I actually never knew Gjallarhorn was even for sale at all. Totally missed Xur in the beginning.

E92 M3

My Final Boss is fire but the Truth is void which can 2 shot a Minotaur. Which actually brings me to the question, does anyone else have too many fire and void weapons but very few ark? I have fire IB, Pocket Infinity, Gjallarhorn, Invective, Final Boss and the Cure, and Void Aethon, Zombie Apo, Comedian, Truth etc but only P&T and Raid shotty do ark. Its kinda weird how rare the ark legendaries and exotics are.

I only have 1 reliable arc sniper, a rocket lawn chair and the lord of thunder.

Yesterday people were talking about their kids and other real-life shit.

Today? Today we're waxing poetic about what could have been.

DestinyGAF is getting serious these days.

lunlunqq

I just don't understand how people could pass on Gjallarhorn. The only time I passed a Xur weapon purchase was the first week, when I was only like level 10 with 3 strange coins. I drooled over that golden icon of Red Death and had to let it go. I will never miss anything Xur sells even if the states are shit. Got to get all them golden guns!!!!!!

Zakalwe

Banned
Truth is solid but Gjallarhorn is probably the best weapon in the game

It's the best heavy weapon in the game but it's a heavy weapon in the exotic slot (has all the downside of a heavy weapon - reliance on ammo packs, low ammo count) and only does one thing (as well as it does that one thing).

I actually think the Regime is the all round best weapon in the game right now in terms of overall efficiency in both pve and pvp. It's versatile at all ranges and has a huge ammo clip (it's more like a damn Machine Gun) than an AR) don't like using I though, so boring to fire.

MADGAME

Did you at least purchase Truth the other day?

I actually never knew Gjallarhorn was even for sale at all. Totally missed Xur in the beginning.

Nope. By the time Truth was for sale I knew GH was superior, and didn't want a "silver medal" for temporary use until I acquired one. Will probably regret that lack of purchase also if GH does not rotate back in stock.

Xur pls.

todd360

Nope. By the time Truth was for sale I knew GH was superior, and didn't want a "silver medal" for temporary use until I acquired one. Will probably regret that lack of purchase also if GH does not rotate back in stock.

Xur pls.

Don't worry about sunbreakers bro. They will surely be rotated back into stock.

Tekku

Decisions...decisions...

Not a hard decision if you know your strengths and weaknesses.

Do you rush into battle and feel confident about close encounters - Use The Last Word.

Is your aim good and do you like to keep a distance to the enemy - Use Hawkmoon.

-edit-

And oh yeah, screw you for getting both. ;)

LiK

I would prefer to get Thunderlord. I suck with Rocket Launchers. Maybe once I get Wolfpack for Gjallahorn, I'll like it more.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Xur pls.

It's superior in the sense that Michael Jordan would be superior to have on your pick up basketball team over Lebron. Sure, one is better than the other, but both are top of the line. :)

I would prefer to get Thunderlord. I suck with Roket Launchers. Maybe once I get Wolfpack for Gjallahorn, I'll like it more.

At least with G-horn you barely have to aim it. I switch back to my Unfriendly Giant often and even with the extra rocket, I much prefer G-horn due to the godsend that is tracking.

Iceman829

Don't you still need to do the weekly on 28?

E92 M3

I don't even remember where I got the Gjallarhorn (I think engram?), but for the longest time it was ignored until I started raiding and everyone was hyping it up.

blackflag

I know these feels brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom