• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
At least with G-horn you barely have to aim it. I switch back to my Unfriendly Giant often and even with the extra rocket, I much prefer G-horn due to the godsend that is tracking.

This, exactly. It's the tracking that separates the Ghorn/Truth from the rest and why I think they are the optimal exotics to have equipped.

I have wolfpack on a legendary rocket launcher and it's pretty sweet. But the loss of tracking is a lot to overcome.

LiK

At least with G-horn you barely have to aim it. I switch back to my Unfriendly Giant often and even with the extra rocket, I much prefer G-horn due to the godsend that is tracking.

I got the tracking upgrade. Does the tracking only work when you aim? Cuz I just do hip firing and it doesn't track.

I got the Suros Regime during a Tiger strike. Is there any point in keeping it? Since I already have a fully upgraded one. Wish I could just give it away rather than dismantling it for a measly 3 energies.
If you fully upgrade it with XP using bounties but don't put any glimmer or materials into it, it will dismantle into 5 energies and an auto rifle telemetry.

MADGAME

Don't worry about sunbreakers bro. They will surely be rotated back into stock.
Haha, Warlocks have certainly had it rough for their class-specific armor.

It's superior in the sense that Michael Jordan would be superior to have on your pick up basketball team over Lebron. Sure, one is better than the other, but both are top of the line. :)

Nice, that makes it sting a bit more. Also, during one of the Raid groups I form on the weekend to take new raiders through the VoG, 2 people got GH after we toasted Atheon. Mixed emotions, man.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Not a hard decision if you know your strengths and weaknesses.

Do you rush into battle and feel confident about close encounters - Use The Last Word.

Is your aim good and do you like to keep a distance to the enemy - Use Hawkmoon.

-edit-

And oh yeah, screw you for getting both. ;)
though TLW obviously outclasses it at the kind of engagement range we're talking, Hawkmoon with Send It ain't half bad from the hip either :D Knowing when not to aim down the sights, so you have the faster analog rotation, is crucial to getting the most out of it especially in PvP

patchday

Kills.

Don't give me sass people! Just wondering. I know it's labled as a fusion rifle. But yah no...Bungie and all.

hehe, considering your forum name it was kind of an ironic post.

Yeah it used to be easy to get those fusion rifle kills. It requires you to be in nightfall. However, 'world' kills counted. So people would find L28 enemies out in the world and complete it there before entering the 'darkness' part during the week nightfall was in Mars

Kalamari

I think the primary weapon slot is best used with raid drop weapons if you've got them, they are so much more useful than a Suros, Hawkmoon, TLW, or whatever for PVE. If I didn't have VoC or Timepiece, I would probably rock an exotic in the primary slot.

I still need that elusive Epilogue for void.

Lakitu

st5fu
If you fully upgrade it with XP using bounties but don't put any glimmer or materials into it, it will dismantle into 5 energies and an auto rifle telemetry.

Fuck.. Wish I saw this post sooner :(

Oh well, at least Xur is coming tomorrow. 71 strange coins now...

Requiem

I need everyone here to take 5 minutes out of their day and pray to the Destiny gods and RNGesus that Xur brings me The Last Word tomorrow.

Zakalwe

Banned
I think the primary weapon slot is best used with raid drop weapons if you've got them, they are so much more useful than a Suros, Hawkmoon, TLW, or whatever for PVE. If I didn't have VoC or Timepiece, I would probably rock an exotic in the primary slot.

I still need that elusive Epilogue for void.

Burn dmg matches yes, but Regime is still top tier pve at all other times.

They are definitely great subs though, and open up space for IB or worlddestroyer.

Not a hard decision if you know your strengths and weaknesses.

Do you rush into battle and feel confident about close encounters - Use The Last Word.

Is your aim good and do you like to keep a distance to the enemy - Use Hawkmoon.

-edit-

And oh yeah, screw you for getting both. ;)

thanks, i definitely feel more like a Last Word -kinda guy. Hawkmoon fires too slowly and is looking more and more like ass energy to me...

Atkison04

My guess is either Patience and Time or The Last Word from Xur this weekend.

I'm on a 2 week streak of having good luck with Xur. The week before he sold ice breaker, I believe commish had posted about how the ice breaker was such a game changer. I agreed and was like mmm I want that gun in my life. Bam, xur sold it that weekend. Last week I had been doing research on legendary and exotic void weapons to try to get before I attempt the raid. Came across the Truth and was like mmm I want that rocket launcher in my life. Bam again for the second week in a row. This week I'm really digging the hand cannon (using them exclusively on my alt alt titan) so I'm really feeling the idea of xur selling the last word. I want to get it for a present to my alt alt titan when he graduates to level 20.

Navy Bean

I finished it on my last character last night. Might play some Titanfall tonight unless we can grab a cheesepoint off someone. The loot system in this game is just depressing.

I want to try the Titanfall Horde mode... Destiny needs a Horde mode so I can get Crucible marks without having to endure the PvP.

forrest

formerly nacire
Looking for help on PS3. Wanna cheese normal Atheon on my main and alt, have checkpoint. Need warlock or titan.

Forrest_Crump

blackflag

thanks, i definitely feel more like a Last Word -kinda guy. Hawkmoon fires too slowly and is looking more and more like ass energy to me...

Why would you Ass energy something like that? Ass energy isn't rare at all. What if they rebalance weapons and that thing ends up being the best ever? I keep all my exotics unless they are dupicate.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I just don't understand how people could pass on Gjallarhorn. The only time I passed a Xur weapon purchase was the first week, when I was only like level 10 with 3 strange coins. I drooled over that golden icon of Red Death and had to let it go. I will never miss anything Xur sells even if the states are shit. Got to get all them golden guns!!!!!!

I passed on it in favor of Sunbreakers which I really regret because I got Heart of the Praxic Fire the same week from an exotic engram so I never really used them. To make it worse he sold Suros the following week which I wasn't able to afford.

Why would you Ass energy something like that? Ass energy isn't rare at all. What if they rebalance weapons and that thing ends up being the best ever? I keep all my exotics unless they are dupicate.

i dismantle even legendary ships due to them being not red or white! gotta colour coordinate here and i cant be keeping all kinds of junk in my inventories ;D

and i would gladly give it to a buddy who wants it but Bungie hates trading :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom