• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greenymac

Depends what's you're doing.

My supremacy sniper outdid the Icebreaker in this week's NF. Regime was a fine choice.

Agreed on the Supremacy although I have a sniper for each burn. Supremacy, praedyths revenge, and ice breaker. Im slowly levelling up patience and time but it seems to take an eternity.

Also, still looking for two more for Hard Raid from the beginning. Start time between 6 and 630 eastern. Already have 4 other raiders that im used to running with and we should be moving at a pretty good pace. Add GreenyMac on PSN or send me your psn here or thru PM and I will add you on the playstation App.

Is it just me or does the Atheon fight not make any sense? The dude purposely teleports you to a place where you can grab the only key to beating him?

who said atheon wants to live? maybe he is a tool of the vex and has been trapped in this vault for thousands of years. maybe he wants to die, but can only go out with honor and will put up a fight until the worthy team comes along to take him down.

who said atheon wants to live? maybe he is a tool of the vex and has been trapped in this vault for thousand of years. maybe he wants to die, but can only go out with honor and will put up a fight until the worthy team comes along to take him down.

Than he must have been pretty upset when a group came along and defeated him by way of the college fraternity trip trick.

tmac456

stupid gunsmith is never selling rare fusion rifles when i'm around

i've been sitting on this pocket infinity bounty for a week.. ugh

gatti-man

You up for finishing that Hard Raid tonight? Sucks your power went out last night. When did it finally come back?

Around 6am. We have alot of trees where i live and sometimes they damage power lines. Pretty rare but it happened once before about 5 years ago.

Ill be on after work tonight to finish up. Gor my armamentarium fully unlocked so i can use it at lvl 30.

Zakalwe

Banned
First two games of pvp tonight.

1. Opposite team 5 man fireteam.
2. Game halfway through about 1 minute before the end, my team losing by half.

Thanks matchmaking :(

lunlunqq

Light/beware is a special fusion rifle. Love it.

What's special about it? Since it can be simply purchased from the Vanguard quartermaster, I never paid any attention to it. If it's truly good, I will consider buying it.

What I currently have for fusion rifles:

77 Wizard X2 (one solar, one arc)
Pocket Infinity (solar)
Plan C (arc)

At least with G-horn you barely have to aim it. I switch back to my Unfriendly Giant often and even with the extra rocket, I much prefer G-horn due to the godsend that is tracking.
The Unfriendly Giant that dropped for me has target tracking. I have a rare solar R/L with tracking as well, they both get used more than Truth

What about the "the conduit". Btw added u on psn keltin99 :)
I'm working on leveling it now, and it's more fun that I initially thought. It's a FWC gun that dropped for me after a Nightfall, and the perks are:

• Glass Half Full: Bottom half of magazine does additional damage
  • Hammer Forged: Improved range and accuracy (really like this)
  • Skip Rounds: ricochet, carry more reserve ammo
  • Field Scout: maximum ammo (not upgrated to this yet)

I typically play PvE, so I can't speak to how well it does there. It's fun, but as of now I still prefer either Cryptic Dragon or Shadow Price for my go-to. I just bought The Devil You Know, since I've heard so many good things about it.

jay23

I would say

1. Gjallahorn
2. icebreaker
3. mythoclast even after nerf. thankfully it will get a buff as they nerfed it to much. before Nerf I would say it´s up with Icebreaker but its a auto fusion rifle :) It was GODLY.

Maybe after the buff, I prefer the suros now because it's a lot more accurate.

In PvE, Suros takes a back seat, as it is not worth using the exotic slot for the primary weapon.

Yea I find myself using vision of confluence a lot just so I can have my icebreaker.

Around 6am. We have alot of trees where i live and sometimes they damage power lines. Pretty rare but it happened once before about 5 years ago.

Ill be on after work tonight to finish up. Gor my armamentarium fully unlocked so i can use it at lvl 30.

Damn, that's a bummer. At least it's back on today.

Sounds good. I'll be on. What time do you get out of work? I think TKO mentioned it would be 11pm or so.

Greenymac

stupid gunsmith is never selling rare fusion rifles when i'm around

i've been sitting on this pocket infinity bounty for a week.. ugh

yeah its crazy. I happened to check GAF like 5 am one morning after going to take a pee while i was trying to go back to sleep. Someone said the gunsmith was selling rare fusions...I got my ass up outta bed and turned on my ps4 in a flash. Dont judge me!

Dear RNGesus,

I would very much appreciate a fresh pair of raid guantlets and raid chest this weekend. Once I hit level thirty I promise I will still play destiny from time to time.

Bless and peace be with you,

Robdraggoo

P.S. I would also love to have your dear emissary Xur bring either Gjalljahorn or the last word tomorrow.

Thank you for time and consideration on this matter

tmac456

yeah its crazy. I happened to check GAF like 5 am one morning after going to take a pee while i was trying to go back to sleep. Someone said the gunsmith was selling rare fusions...I got my ass up outta bed and turned on my ps4 in a flash. Dont judge me!

honestly I would have done the same thing

Every three days. Use the app to monitor when he's selling!

I have been but my timing has been off. So he sold them Monday night so should I expect them tonight?

Wish I could set an alarm telling me when they go up lol

EL CUCO

What's special about it? Since it can be simply purchased from the Vanguard quartermaster, I never paid any attention to it. If it's truly good, I will consider buying it.

What I currently have for fusion rifles:

77 Wizard X2 (one solar, one arc)
Pocket Infinity (solar)
Plan C (arc)

High Impact, great charge rate. Very dependable weapon! But since you already have the element that the Vanguard sells, I'd wait to see if you could land a Void.

The 77 Wizard from the Crucible vendor is void, and a damn fine piece of weaponry. Doesn't have Light/Beware's best-in-class charge time but it's quite deadly.

Hopefully I could nab one on a Nightfall or Dead Orbit/Vanguard reward. I haven't been investing too much time in The Crucible lately, unless for a bounty.

gatti-man

Damn, that's a bummer. At least it's back on today.

Sounds good. I'll be on. What time do you get out of work? I think TKO mentioned it would be 11pm or so.

I gm a restaurant so its when everything is cleaned up. Usually around 11pm. Next week we will be closing an hour earlier so i will be able to get on earlier in the future.

ocean

Banned
Guys, what's your general PvE primary? I love my MIDA but it takes an exotic slot. Same deal with Vex Mythoclast (wtf is it with that weapon and ammo? I only see green packs when I use it). Atheon's Epilogue is cool but very situational (only effective on Void shields due to low impact).

I have over 150 vanguard and crucible marks. My possible vendors are Crucible/Vanguard, no faction at level 3 but I could work on that if it's necessary.

I'm not too good with Hand Cannons but I have a Devil You Know. I am looking for a good Legendary Auto or Scout. Tips?

A hooligan that caused a lot of problems.

I hope he's not an over-sized wizard with more bling.

Guys, what's your general PvE primary? I love my MIDA but it takes an exotic slot. Same deal with Vex Mythoclast (wtf is it with that weapon and ammo? I only see green packs when I use it). Atheon's Epilogue is cool but very situational (only effective on Void shields due to low impact).

I have over 150 vanguard and crucible marks. My possible vendors are Crucible/Vanguard, no faction at level 3 but I could work on that if it's necessary.

I'm not too good with Hand Cannons but I have a Devil You Know. I am looking for a good Legendary Auto or Scout. Tips?

I use the fatebringer from the raid. VoC hasn't dropped for me :-(

lunlunqq

High Impact, great charge rate. Very dependable weapon! But since you already have the element that the Vanguard sells, I'd wait to see if you could land a Void.

I see. Thanks. The Plan C I got has pretty good charge rate and impact. But it's an exotic. I guess I'll wait to see if I can get a void L/B via drops.

My main primaries
Fatebringer
Epilogue
And to destroy scrub enemies in PvE. The mythocast

MADGAME

Are you sure? I'm pretty certain my first Timebreaker was from Normal mode.

I mis-typed,
at least that's the excuse I'm going with.
I believe you are correct.
If I recall correctly it was a Cryptarch level gift. Rahool can be nice sometimes (but he's usually an asshole)
Dang it. I have plenty of powerful void weapons, but a void fusion rifle is one I'm lacking. I'm not crucible rank 3 to purchase the Void 77 Wizard from the Crucible Weapons dealer, and don't really want to since it's stats are shit compared to my Void 77 Solar and Void 77 Arc which were drops. Guess I'll keep hoping one drops or is gifted as a reward by Rahool (pffffffffft), or maybe from leveling up a faction.

I've only just realized that the massive chains running through the underground of the moon are Phogoths restraints... wow.
I'm stupid

There have been a few replies to this. In one of the pre launch dev videos they explicitly mention the chains, how they reach down to a monster and are meant to help the player orientate themselves as they navigate the hellmouth.

So it is definitely intentional. Not sure about the other chains someone else has mentioned.

Greenymac

I picked up the shadow price earlier this week and liking it so far. javier you got time for a hard raid this evening?

once i got vision of confluence from the raid, i haven't put it down. have it fully upgraded and it is the best primary i've used in the game.

Namikaze1

Judging by the size of his sword, I think he's just a regular-sized knight.
You think that was his real sword? Crota's gonna come in swinging with two huge ass greatswords when we fight. It'll lead to us making him drop one to use against him since only his swords can actually damage him.

I think I just gave Bungie an idea for how to prevent people from cheesing Crota...

kirby2096

When selecting a mission, there is an option to resume [X] or reset [square], but choosing reset still puts me at a mid-mission check point instead of starting the mission from the beginning. Is this a bug?
Press square on the difficulty option too, the game will ask you to confirm you want to restart from the beginning of the mission if you did it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom