• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.
You think that was his real sword? Crota's gonna come in swinging with two huge ass greatswords when we fight. It'll lead to us making him drop one to use against him since only his swords can actually damage him.

I think I just gave Bungie an idea for how to prevent people from cheesing Crota...
Just push him off the ledge

You think that was his real sword? Crota's gonna come in swinging with two huge ass greatswords when we fight. It'll lead to us making him drop one to use against him since only his swords can actually damage him.

I think I just gave Bungie an idea for how to prevent people from cheesing Crota...

I want him to have some dialog and the raid to have some form of a story.
Am I asking for too much?

I think Bungie needs to make a boss room with no pits this time.

A boss fight on the Moon with actually Moon Gravity could be cool. No pits to fall in, ceilings and walls in the entire room. Crota randomly disables the gravity so you just float away, or have to use your weapons as a means of pushing you in the direction you want to go.

The wizard can just have the sword floating in the air. It doesn't even need to hold it. Just have it moving about, swinging at guardians and shit.

Goddamit, Nami! Stop giving Bungie ideas!
Bongo_Bongo_Artwork.png

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Guys, what's your general PvE primary? I love my MIDA but it takes an exotic slot. Same deal with Vex Mythoclast (wtf is it with that weapon and ammo? I only see green packs when I use it). Atheon's Epilogue is cool but very situational (only effective on Void shields due to low impact).

I have over 150 vanguard and crucible marks. My possible vendors are Crucible/Vanguard, no faction at level 3 but I could work on that if it's necessary.

I'm not too good with Hand Cannons but I have a Devil You Know. I am looking for a good Legendary Auto or Scout. Tips?
it's hard to answer anything other than Hawkmoon, but The Devil You Know is its stand in whenever Pocket Infinity or Gjallarhorn come out to play (or whatever Exotic best suits a burn). It's a truly reliable gun, and it's pictured here adorning me in this fancy raid screenshot

Other primaries get only a fraction of the equip time as those two, the highest of which would be the vanguard scout A.Flxy3a9lwazlfdsgunwithimpossibletoremembername

I'm being all auto-rifley on my Warlock so Suros Regime and honestly Galahad-E have been his so far. I need to decide on a legendary auto rifle but I need to figure out which is the most like the Galahad. I love that little blue rifle so much.

realcZk

It really feels like all the cheese spots for the strikes so far were placed there intentionally, either that or there was no playtesting again. I'm not sure how you miss those.

Ran nightfall with my alts and ended up with Gjallarhorn and Hawkmoon. My BFF, who was watching me play, didn't even look at me oddly when I got up and did the snoppy dance in victory. Praise be to RNGesus.

So I'm just now founding out that theres's more weapons in game than I thought. I honestly had no idea the faction vendors had more weapons than what they were selling. Just got this from reaching rank 3 with Future War Cult. Comes with Firefly and Double Down. Now I'm hyped and hoping there's a fusion rifle! *0*

uk00EpW.jpg

realcZk

That A<whatever> vanguard scout rife (vanilla, never upgraded) crits for 260 more damage than a fully upgraded MIDA multi-tool. Thats why my MIDA is in the vault.

Namikaze1

And make the hard raid hard, Bungie! Have us face nothing but Ultra Wizards and Knights as we face Crota at the end. Add in an Omega level Wizard that can cast a one hit kill spell in the back. For story purposes, let's say that it awakens Crota and it's controlling him. People not only have to kill the many Wizards and Knights while damaging Crota, they also have to damage the Omega level Wizard to prevent it from casting a one hit spell. Basically, it will be the Oracles of the raid.

kaiiri

finaaaally got another warlock to 20. feels nice just able to slip on my exotic / legendary from my main and jump into soloing nightfall and such!

ocean

Banned
Other primaries get only a fraction of the equip time as those two, the highest of which would be the vanguard scout A.Flxy3a9lwazlfdsgunwithimpossibletoremembername

That A<whatever> vanguard scout rife (vanilla, never upgraded) crits for 260 more damage than a fully upgraded MIDA multi-tool. Thats why my MIDA is in the vault.
A.gibberish it is! Thanks for the tips guys.

Greeny, I'm down for it! What time?

Frenden

Banned
So I'm just now founding out that theres's more weapons in game than I thought. I honestly had no idea the faction vendors had more weapons than what they were selling. Just got this from reaching rank 3 with Future War Cult. Comes with Firefly and Double Down. Now I'm hyped and hoping there's a fusion rifle! *0*

uk00EpW.jpg

I got a FWC fusion and shotty from leveling them. The sniper looks nice!

realcZk

Its all about that impact :-D

I would like the MIDA, i've heard its useful during farming.

It's really not. There was a post on reddit recently claiming that it lights up when you're right in front of a chest (useless anyhow since you can see the chest), but its just the lighting in the game/random angles. It really doesn't amount to anything. I've used it for hours and mine is fully upgraded and its just a sub-par scout rifle with cool flavor text.

Greenymac

uk00EpW.jpg

There is a fwc fusion rifle called The Calming...have gotten it twice now. Dismantled the second for shards. Its also void.

14 hours until Xur is upon us!

O mighty Xurngsus, bring my Titan exotic gauntlets so he can get to 30 with his 3 other raid pieces! No Back Up Plans!!!

hydruxo

"Heavy weapon in exotic slot? How often would you do that?!"

Sorry but this mentality makes no sense to me. There are plenty of great legendary primaries and secondaries. Use an exotic in whatever slot you want, its all about finding the right set up.

X-Frame

The Companion app is completely wrong in pretty much everything as far as vendor stock, and it's kinda crazy how it's still incorrect this much after release.

Last I checked, according to the app, everything requires Spin Metal to upgrade.

Sorry but this mentality makes no sense to me. There are plenty of great legendary primaries and secondaries. Use an exotic in whatever slot you want, its all about finding the right set up.

I use to think like this. I'm still sort of training myself to not think like this.

To me the logic was:

Weapon usage is divided up something like this:
Primary - 60% of the time
Secondary - 30% of the time
Exotic - 10% of the time

So naturally, I figured an exotic Primary made the most sense, and I stuck with that for about 3 weeks. Lately, though, I've gotten a couple of Legendary Primaries that actually feel awesome enough to use on their own. Namely, the elemental primaries from the Raid.

After I got those, I found myself using more exotic secondaries, but I've also fallen in love with my Final Boss that can shoot with walls. So at this point, I'm not even using an exotic, but as soon as I can get my hands on an exotic rocket launcher, you can bet your ass I'll be using it.

Finally received another exotic bounty. Chose Thorn, though no idea how well that will go without any void weapons that seem good for PvP. Maybe the void The Comedian at the Vanguard QM would be a good investment.

It's really not. There was a post on reddit recently claiming that it lights up when you're right in front of a chest (useless anyhow since you can see the chest), but its just the lighting in the game/random angles. It really doesn't amount to anything. I've used it for hours and mine is fully upgraded and its just a sub-par scout rifle with cool flavor text.

Damn there's one more exotic i'm no longer looking forward to.
My bad juju bounty has been at the crucible phase for weeks now, just waiting for the buff to see if its worth it.

Finally received another exotic bounty. Chose Thorn, though no idea how well that will go without any void weapons that seem good for PvP. Maybe the void The Comedian at the Vanguard QM would be a good investment.

Good luck killing the lonley unwed wizard

realcZk

Good choice, don't give up on it. Many have before you.

CornDogg

Guys, what's your general PvE primary? I love my MIDA but it takes an exotic slot. Same deal with Vex Mythoclast (wtf is it with that weapon and ammo? I only see green packs when I use it). Atheon's Epilogue is cool but very situational (only effective on Void shields due to low impact).

I have over 150 vanguard and crucible marks. My possible vendors are Crucible/Vanguard, no faction at level 3 but I could work on that if it's necessary.

I'm not too good with Hand Cannons but I have a Devil You Know. I am looking for a good Legendary Auto or Scout. Tips?

Vision of Confluence. Before that, I used TDYK.

realcZk

Damn there's one more exotic i'm no longer looking forward to.
My bad juju bounty has been at the crucible phase for weeks now, just waiting for the buff to see if its worth it.

I could be wrong, and it could light up when its pointing in the direction of a chest, even if it did I can't imagine it being that useful. I do very specific chest runs in certain areas because I know they are the most efficient runs in the game.

Here's the post if you want to check it out for yourself. I'll admit some of it seems pretty convincing but actually having the gun and using it while farming makes me feel otherwise. That said, there are many in that reddit post that agree and disagree with me.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...cool_investigating_the_hidden_powers_of_mida/

EDIT: check the bottom of his reddit post, he added this:
EDIT 2: All but confirmed that this is false, the light is activated by aiming at a certain degree of elevation globally, not just at a chest, somehow. I have no idea how I missed that after 2+ hours of research and documentation, but I hope you enjoyed the show everyone! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom