• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

realcZk

Wait! How can I already have Bladedancer unlocked?! I never created a Hunter before!

When you level up one character and unlock the next subclass, its available from the start for any new character you create. This was in the user manual that came with the game, come on, does anyone read these things? :)

Dankul

I use to think like this. I'm still sort of training myself to not think like this.

To me the logic was:

Weapon usage is divided up something like this:
Primary - 60% of the time
Secondary - 30% of the time
Exotic - 10% of the time

So naturally, I figured an exotic Primary made the most sense, and I stuck with that for about 3 weeks. Lately, though, I've gotten a couple of Legendary Primaries that actually feel awesome enough to use on their own. Namely, the elemental primaries from the Raid.

After I got those, I found myself using more exotic secondaries, but I've also fallen in love with my Final Boss that can shoot with walls. So at this point, I'm not even using an exotic, but as soon as I can get my hands on an exotic rocket launcher, you can bet your ass I'll be using it.

The only exotic that I have been using is gjalla and icebreaker... I only pull the other ones out to turn in bounties...

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Click on the gun in the store list and it's the first icon in the ability tree
Click on it to see upgrade tree, first icon. All the vanguard stuff shows void, seems wrong but I'm at work' and can't check.
Yeah that's gonna be wrong. It shows literally every weapon with an element sold in the tower to have void damage -_- I'd love it if someone could check, but I'm betting it's solar, and the Crucible 77 Wizard Void, as always.

I'd really like it if the tower vendor inventories don't change, but just get more options added to them over time. I very much enjoy being able to save up for/recommend specific things to people based on knowing their wares.

ocean

Banned
Starting between 6 and 630 eastern time. Already have the other 4 in place. Its a group im used to playing with. Then you and one other player from GAF.
Sign me up. My Defender is 29 and I have Epilogue and Ice Breaker at 300 attack. My Rocket Launchers are good (Hezen Vengeance and Truth) but not yet upgraded. I think I'll be able to hold my own :) or at least I hope so. Double grenades on my Titan are a godsend. Void Magnetic grenades really sting the Praetorians.

I would be happy to get Gauntlets or Chest. Either would let me teach level 30 since I'll replace the other with an Exotic.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
It's really not. There was a post on reddit recently claiming that it lights up when you're right in front of a chest (useless anyhow since you can see the chest), but its just the lighting in the game/random angles. It really doesn't amount to anything. I've used it for hours and mine is fully upgraded and its just a sub-par scout rifle with cool flavor text.
I could be wrong, and it could light up when its pointing in the direction of a chest, even if it did I can't imagine it being that useful. I do very specific chest runs in certain areas because I know they are the most efficient runs in the game.

Here's the post if you want to check it out for yourself. I'll admit some of it seems pretty convincing but actually having the gun and using it while farming makes me feel otherwise. That said, there are many in that reddit post that agree and disagree with me.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...cool_investigating_the_hidden_powers_of_mida/
It's still very useful for farming simply because it increases your movement speed which increases your mats/whatever per hour

phen0m24

Anyone around tonight for strikes/weekly/nightfall? Around 9PM EST.

ColonelOCorn on PSN.
Level 28 Titan - Defender or Striker
Grim Citizen III / Wizard 77 / Praedyth's Revenge ready for duty

Need some coins for Xur.

Namikaze1

When you level up one character and unlock the next subclass, its available from the start for any new character you create. This was in the user manual that came with the game, come on, does anyone read these things? :)
What manual?
Digital owner
The mysterious power of alts.

That's how it works, yo.
I thought that only worked if you already leveled up one of the same class passed 15? You mean I could have started out as Sunsinger all this time when I created my Warlock?! FUCK!!!

Bladedancer

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Could have sworn I tried that. I'll pay more attention when I do it next time. Thanks for the tip.
The only way I could get it to work was to press square, then start the mission on default difficulty, confirm that you will erase your checkpoint, load into the game, then back out to orbit and start the game on the difficulty that you want.

It's a stupid process. :/

lunlunqq

What if it's a wizard with a sword o_O
That flies around and swats us.

6ZOnqi2.gif

ocean

Banned
Yeah that's gonna be wrong. It shows literally every weapon with an element sold in the tower to have void damage -_- I'd love it if someone could check, but I'm betting it's solar, and the Crucible 77 Wizard Void, as always.

I'd really like it if the tower vendor inventories don't change, but just get more options added to them over time. I very much enjoy being able to save up for/recommend specific things to people based on knowing their wares.
Ideally the elements would rotate on a weekly basis. I have zero good Arc secondaries, it made me feel week with this week's burn.

realcZk

It's still very useful for farming simply because it increases your movement speed which increases your mats/whatever per hour

Ahh, I prefer use the Mythoclast for the +2 agility while farming because it always makes me laugh when it takes four shots to drop a dreg. Without a little laugh here and there the spirit bloom circles can make a man go crazy.

Jinjo

I'm actually kinda surprised how rare sight Vex Mythoclast still is or did people just put them into bank / shard them post-nerf?

Mythoclast is really underwhelming right now. Vision of Confluence does more damage and you don't burn through your bullets as quick. Suros Regime is better than Mythoclast too in my opinion. So yeah, not really using mine till the rebuff.

The Companion app is completely wrong in pretty much everything as far as vendor stock, and it's kinda crazy how it's still incorrect this much after release.

Last I checked, according to the app, everything requires Spin Metal to upgrade.

Think they fixed it in regards to mats, at least for me it seems so. It will show the one mat plus energy need to upgrade then when you get to the final upgrades it will just show energy needed.

It also showed spinmetal all the time for me but now it shows the proper mat.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Ideally the elements would rotate on a weekly basis. I have zero good Arc secondaries, it made me feel week with this week's burn.
hmm. I'd be okay with that as long as it were a continuous static rotation and there wasn't a chance of repeat/element droughts throughout the vendors. as it stands I very much like that somebody can ask where they can get a good [x] weapon and I can rattle off the options available in the tower
Ahh, I prefer use the Mythoclast for the +2 agility while farming because it always makes me laugh when it takes four shots to drop a dreg. Without a little laugh here and there the spirit bloom circles can make a man go crazy.
yes. well. if the question here is whether to choose the mida multi-tool or the vex mythclast that does change my reasoning a bit.

ColonelOCorn on PSN.

Need some coins for Xur.
9PM, I am there! Let's kick the crap out of the weekly and nightfall!

Mrgamer

ColonelOCorn on PSN.

Need some coins for Xur.

I'll be online Add v1br4t1ons on psn leveling up my alt gear level 28/9 with fully upgraded plan c and rocket launcher.

E92 M3

Mythoclast is really underwhelming right now. Vision of Confluence does more damage and you don't burn through your bullets as quick. Suros Regime is better than Mythoclast too in my opinion. So yeah, not really using mine till the rebuff.

That rebuff will be glorious. I am theorizing that they will make it stronger than it was before for PVE.

realcZk

yes. well. if the question here is whether to choose the mida multi-tool or the vex mythclast that does change my reasoning a bit.

Actually you might still be right about the MIDA for farming runs. It has a +2 agility perk, BUT the weapon perk says it "increases movement speed and fires on a hair-trigger pull" or something like that, so that leads me to believe if you run the +2 agility perk on it you should still get extra movement speed from the weapon perk itself. Any way to confirm?

realcZk

That rebuff will be glorious. I am theorizing that they will make it stronger than it was before for PVE.

That would make me a very happy Titan. Since PvP damage doesn't look at weapon damage at all, if they changed the weapon damage value above 300 it should be stronger in PvE and still perform the same in PvP, no?

Tovarisc

Suros is noticeably stronger PvP choice than Vex atm, that is for sure. Still I don't think Vex is underwhelming even if it's not top dog in PvP food chain anymore. 51 bullet mag with ~110 in reserve is plenty ammo to burn through when considering how few bullets it takes to kill a man with it.

If you only play with "top dog" weaponry then you will want use Suros.

Bizazedo

If I were designing Destiny, when the expansion hits, I'd add new VoG level weapons and armor to all the factions....or at least Vanguard and Crucible. Make them require Rank 6 or 7 or 8 or whatever is appropriate based on the data they have us all at. Leave the old weapons at the lower ranks.

ocean

Banned
Actually you might still be right about the MIDA for farming runs. It has a +2 agility perk, BUT the weapon perk says it "increases movement speed and fires on a hair-trigger pull" or something like that, so that leads me to believe if you run the +2 agility perk on it you should still get extra movement speed from the weapon perk itself. Any way to confirm?
Purely subjective but I feel faster with MIDA. I kind of feel the Mythoclast is seen as a special and thus "heavier" (like when you run with a sniper) but it might just be in my head.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I haven't upgraded my multi-tool yet (
either one
) so I'm not sure. It does seem to be two separate perks to unlock (lightweight is a choice column, the other is the unique).

Nameless

Guys, what's your general PvE primary? I love my MIDA but it takes an exotic slot. Same deal with Vex Mythoclast (wtf is it with that weapon and ammo? I only see green packs when I use it). Atheon's Epilogue is cool but very situational (only effective on Void shields due to low impact).

I have over 150 vanguard and crucible marks. My possible vendors are Crucible/Vanguard, no faction at level 3 but I could work on that if it's necessary.

I'm not too good with Hand Cannons but I have a Devil You Know. I am looking for a good Legendary Auto or Scout. Tips?

Shadow Price, Grim Citizen, and Vanquisher are all pretty similar. IIRC, SP has better stability, GC has better range, and VQ has a better rate of fire. Mostly it comes down to the perks. My GCIII has Rangefinder + Field Scout + Super fast empty clip reload(along with fast reload from my gauntlets). It was an OG loot cave drop and no weapon I've come across has managed to supplant its reign yet. It's pretty much a gun without weakness.

Greenymac

Sign me up. My Defender is 29 and I have Epilogue and Ice Breaker at 300 attack. My Rocket Launchers are good (Hezen Vengeance and Truth) but not yet upgraded. I think I'll be able to hold my own :) or at least I hope so. Double grenades on my Titan are a godsend. Void Magnetic grenades really sting the Praetorians.

I would be happy to get Gauntlets or Chest. Either would let me teach level 30 since I'll replace the other with an Exotic.

Whole squad is geared up pretty good then. Ill be using TDYK Fully upgraded. I also have praedyths revenge fully upgraded. atheons epilogue close to full and I have all upgrades for gjallahorn except the last and i think i only need some relic iron to close that at 300. I got a raid helm earlier this week by helping a buddy with Atheon, so as soon as I get shards i'll be 30.

E92 M3

Oh god please! My maxed out Mytho is ready!

Mines will be maxed once the patch hits. Relic Iron was put to better use making me a 30 lol.

That would make me a very happy Titan. Since PvP damage doesn't look at weapon damage at all, if they changed the weapon damage value above 300 it should be stronger in PvE and still perform the same in PvP, no?

I think they will equalize the Suros and Vex in PVP by balancing it a little more. I knew the Suros would be king as soon as the nerf for Vex was announced. And yes, once they raise it above 300 it will be stronger in PVE without being broken in PVP.

Tovarisc

Still no eta on a patch?!

No

Didn't they straight out say in, was it, in Weekly that they will increase Vexs damage over 300 along with other buffs to it. I guess 330-340 will be new max damage for Vex post-buff once it comes, along with tad more power for PvP so it's neck to neck with Suros.

Jinjo

God I hope so. I don't give a fuck about PvP. I hate that stats transfer. Auto rifles became less good in PvE now too, you definitely notice the difference. Scout rifles definitely are the go to weapon right now, especially Vision of Confluence.

I own the first two and never really use them. Maybe I should?
Yes you should. Icebreaker's ammo regen is amazing for the raid and nightfall mission's. Also Gjallarhorn is probably the single most damaging weapon in the game. Currently levelling mine, need dem Wolfpack rounds.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
If I were designing Destiny, when the expansion hits, I'd add new VoG level weapons to all the factions....or at least Vanguard and Crucible. Make them require Rank 6 or 7 or 8 or whatever is appropriate based on the data they have us all at. Leave the old weapons at the lower ranks.
I like it. endorsed. primaries with element damage that you don't have to rely on RNG for? hawkian screech of approval
They all but specified that this is exactly what they're doing:
How we are moving forward:
We are adjusting the base damage on Mythoclast. We are going to find a value that works for both PVP and PVE.
In addition, we intend to raise Mythoclast's attack value above and beyond the other exotics. Attack value dictates how much damage players deal to combatants and Mythoclast attack value being raised will make it more effective in PVE.

I own the first two and never really use them. Maybe I should?

They're the two most useful weapons for hard raid haha

Get a decent comp with 3-4 maxed horns and everyone w an ice breaker and hard mode becomes pretty trivial

That's the problem with the vex rebuff. They're going to have to make it so insane that it's more useful than gjallar for gatekeepers/atheon and more useful than icebreaker for templar? I doubt it

Jinjo

Suros is noticeably stronger PvP choice than Vex atm, that is for sure. Still I don't think Vex is underwhelming even if it's not top dog in PvP food chain anymore. 51 bullet mag with ~110 in reserve is plenty ammo to burn through when considering how few bullets it takes to kill a man with it.

If you only play with "top dog" weaponry then you will want use Suros.

Sorry, was talking PvE mostly, don't really play much PvP to discuss the power status quo of the Mythoclast there. A nerf there definitely was an order (shame I didn't get mine earlier to exploit it), but it just ruined the gun in PvE I feel like. I'd rather use my exotic slot for Icebreaker, Suros or Gjallarhorn now.

LiK

Every time I reach the gorgon maze I wonder: how the fuck did the first teams figure it out? Must have been hours fumbling and getting caught.

My very first Raid we only had one guy who did the maze and it took like 2 hours to get through lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom