• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milennia

anyone setting up a hard raid at all today ?

PSN cyborg1

cleared multiple times on hard

29 lock

also need to get the nightfall/weekly over with so throw me some adds for that =p

Sullichin

we really need to petition bungie to raise the weekly and total marks caps
wish you got at least an engram for doing a weekly/heroic again. I carry my friends through it and get nothing, then do a much easier version of the same strike and get two engrams. Doesn't make much sense.

LiK

I see, thanks. I should try it at least once I suppose, just need to find a group.

It basically boils down to your level/upgrades/experience and execution. Teamwork is key and if there's a weak link particularly for the Atheon fight, expect to retry constantly. I replayed the Atheon fight so much during my first time that it's burned into my brain. I only fuck up when I join other crews who have their own strategies which I'm not familiar with.

All noobs? 8-11 hours

All vets? Roughly 60-90 minutes

Took my LFG put together group an hour and 15 minutes last night. No one was entirely new to the raid, but it was a couple of guys second time.

I was pretty impressed honestly. Granted, it was all 29s and 28s.

E92 M3

No

Didn't they straight out say in, was it, in Weekly that they will increase Vexs damage over 300 along with other buffs to it. I guess 330-340 will be new max damage for Vex post-buff once it comes, along with tad more power for PvP so it's neck to neck with Suros.

I am thinking more 320, but hope you're right!

God I hope so. I don't give a fuck about PvP. I hate that stats transfer. Auto rifles became less good in PvE now too, you definitely notice the difference. Scout rifles definitely are the go to weapon right now, especially Vision of Confluence.

I want VoC so badly. It seems like everyone gets it like candy except me.

I also hope the DLC doubles or triples the amount of items you can store in the vault.

That should be free.

In general, I feel like this game is very anti-collection. I love to save emblems and collect weapons but I'm being punished for it by the restrictive nature of the vault. Disappoints me a lot.

Tovarisc

That's the problem with the vex rebuff. They're going to have to make it so insane that it's more useful than gjallar for gatekeepers/atheon and more useful than icebreaker for templar? I doubt it

It doesn't need to outperform them when it comes to burning bosses, it just needs to be viable choice. Currently it isn't viable choice for anything within raid because nerf to Vex was too severe.

Also I would argue that, depending on tactic naturally, Vex could be better choice for all phases of Templar than IB. IB is good if going for spawnplatform cheese.

Sorry, was talking PvE mostly, don't really play much PvP to discuss the power status quo of the Mythoclast there. A nerf there definitely was an order (shame I didn't get mine earlier to exploit it), but it just ruined the gun in PvE I feel like. I'd rather use my exotic slot for Icebreaker, Suros or Gjallarhorn now.

Yeah, it's downside of shared stats between PvP and PvE. Every rebalance affects both sides of the coin and usually it's PvE that gets shortest straw as game is "balanced" just for PvP.

I like to use Vex in solo PvE content and low level Strikes [need get it maxed out], but in raid it's always VoC with either Ice Breaker or Ghorn. Need do tests and rethink my kit after they buff Vex for PvE.

6ZOnqi2.gif

Okay... that's terrifying, where is this from? I dont think normal wizards have 4 mouths o_O

dengatron

If you think Invective is bad you don't want to know what Found Verdict does in PvP with range upgrades.

even more OP
I have a found verdict at 300 but the invective rate of fire is just too dumb. I like found verdict on my titan but blinklock with invective is pretty much a wrecking crew. Now to unlock blink...

Tovarisc

I am thinking more 320, but hope you're right!

320 would make sense too if we assume that Crota raid on Hard has enemies at level 32 when suggested level for normal is 28 [read: 29].

I want VoC so badly. It seems like everyone gets it like candy except me.

Got 3 of them already total.

Sharded 2 of em

That should be free.

You know it won't be...

I have a found verdict at 300 but the invective rate of fire is just too dumb. I like found verdict on my titan but blinklock with invective is pretty much a wrecking crew. Now to unlock blink...

I'm that blinklock and I find Verdict to be slightly better in PvP than Invective. That said you can't go wrong with either one, both are top tier shotguns for PvP.

lunlunqq

Okay... that's terrifying, where is this from? I dont think normal wizards have 4 mouths o_O

Just found it randomly online. I think that's Xyor the unwed. Maybe the three witches in the traveler's shard mission also use this model. But that's a witch, the female version of the wizard we typically see.

finaaaally got another warlock to 20. feels nice just able to slip on my exotic / legendary from my main and jump into soloing nightfall and such!

I should have made another Warlock to compliment my main 'lock instead of making a Titan. That way I could have just bought gear with my main and given it to my alt. I'm stuck at 25 with this alt Titan until I'm able to get Vangaurd or Crucible Rank 2 and am able to buy gear. I really want to get to 27 so it'll be easier to get into Nightfall groups because as it stands now no one want a 25 Titan tagging along in the Weekly or Nightfall no matter how capable my weapons, unfortunately.

Jinjo

I want VoC so badly. It seems like everyone gets it like candy

I only got mine since this week, took me about 10 raids or something.

Then immediately after I got a second one on my alt.

I want dat Fatebringer now. Desperately.

dengatron

Still requires the full clip to drop someone if you're more than 4 feet away. You want it to be completely useless?
It takes 2 shots tops for most players. i got a triple earlier by sliding into a control point and holding r2. You act like it takes more than a second for those 4 shots to happen or something.

HigXx

anyone setting up a hard raid at all today ?

PSN cyborg1

cleared multiple times on hard

29 lock

also need to get the nightfall/weekly over with so throw me some adds for that =p

Im up for doing the Weekly! Already done Nightfall, I also have a hard Atheon checkpoint. Psn is HigXx

Tovarisc

The faction care packages are almost guaranteed legendaries while cryptarch care packages seem to be, true to his character, a swindling of shitty blues.

Ever since they patched engrams has Cryptarch shoveled only shitty blues into his care packages. I have maybe got 1 legendary engram from his packages since that particular patch.

Why to fix engrams when you make them rarer than Exotic gear?

gdt

Woooooo finished the raid. The group that was (mostly?) composed of gaffers was awesome. Took like 4 hours and it was just so much fun. My friend I invited in Terrordork mannnnnnnnn

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm that blinklock and I find Verdict to be slightly better in PvP than Invective. That said you can't go wrong with either one, both are top tier shotguns for PvP.
Invective is nutso, to me it's more a matter of whether you are willing to commit your exotic slot. The idea that you could run Found Verdict with your range upgrades + Thunderlord is... unsettling

lunlunqq

Haven't tried one yet. I just hit 28 so I'd imagine I'd still get bent over if I attempted it.

I see. You probably want to wait until you are 29. In most situations, other weapons will work. Those very tough situations like hard raid or nightfall are where those top-tier weapons really differentiate themselves from the rest.

Ps4 group looking for normal Raid tonight at 8 pm cst. We're vets, all 29. Need 2 more FUN people! None of this quiet, dont talk nonsense. We get silly up in this VoG. Message me if interested.

lunlunqq

Talking about Invective, how does its ammo regen work? Does it provide ammo to your other special weapons too like IB? Why I haven't heard anybody mentioning that?

Running a little late at work, so I might not make it on time for the no death run raid with Math and Namikaze and company. Aiming to be on by 6:45 EDT

Zakalwe

Banned
Talking about Invective, how does its ammo regen work? Does it provide ammo to your other special weapons too like IB? Why I haven't heard anybody mentioning that?

It works the same (regens slower but 4 shots at a time) but shotguns aren't as useful in pve in general so people don't mention it as much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom