• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talking about Invective, how does its ammo regen work? Does it provide ammo to your other special weapons too like IB? Why I haven't heard anybody mentioning that?

I'm hopefully finishing that bounty tonight. Once I get the crucible part done, I have more than enough glimmer to bang out the third part immediately.

Tovarisc

Talking about Invective, how does its ammo regen work? Does it provide ammo to your other special weapons too like IB? Why I haven't heard anybody mentioning that?

Yes, regening all ammo for Invective and then swapping to e.g. legendary sniper rifle will transfer 50% of ammo over. Just like with IB.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
With that rate of fire, yes. Only a couple of others that you have to get full auto on randomly can keep up. Im currently using invective. Its dumb. It feels cheap.

So the one thing it does well bothers you? An average shotgun can drop you from further and do it in one shot and probably has a larger clip with a much faster reload. Of all the weapons to complain about the invective wouldn't even crack my top twenty.

Well I felt ahead of the curve packing away sweet gear for my alts. Hit 20 then equip exotics and legendary armors to level 24 instantly! Sweet

Get my gear to be upgraded by doing Strikes and bounties to rank up past 25 and ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I dont have enough of the character specific armor breakdown material to upgrade my items. I have 4 items needing 100 Titan metals (for initial and secondary increased dameage) and I have 21 in inventory.

Tried to buy white engrams from Xur to breakdown and low and behold they dont produce the material. This is going to be a nightmare.

Amazing how this game finds a way to make you grind even when you think you can bypass it.

Another normal raid down, still zero raid gear drops for me...

Anyway, really fun doing this with Maledict, Duebrithil, Hall, Mandrake and Zony! Shout out for you guys if you're lurking!

EL CUCO

Not sure if someone posted this, but bungie is asking for what people's wishlist for Xur. https://twitter.com/bungie/status/525369856976519168

Welp...I'm seeing alot of requests for Suros. Looks like Xur might not be getting my 23 coins. I did my part and voted Patience and Time ;)

Tried to buy white engrams from Xur to breakdown and low and behold they dont produce the material.
This is going to be a nightmare.

Amazing how this game finds a way to make you grind even when you think you can bypass it.

Wut. This is news to me...
By "white", do you mean exotic engrams?

Edit: Ahhh you meant Rahool da fool.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
So i'm a fairly experienced raid runner who has directed multiple groups of people through all stages of the raid. I've beaten it legit and cheese at least 10+ times and have a good smattering of exotics and dependable legendaries (Lord High Fixer love) ... I am desperate for some of the highest level weapons.. specifically the Raid Hand Cannon, The Last Word, Atheons epilogue and a few others...

Anyone willing to help a brother through hard sometime this weekend? Is it feasible for me to even try? Lvl 29 ...

It works the same (regens slower but 4 shots at a time) but shotguns aren't as useful in pve in general so people don't mention it as much.

Yeah I didn't care much for Invective--until my titan's ward got the ability to blind. Then Invective shines.

I got me a badass full auto Comedian so I don't use it, else I would.

dengatron

So the one thing it does well bothers you? An average shotgun can drop you from further and do it in one shot and probably has a larger clip with a much faster reload. Of all the weapons to complain about the invective wouldn't even crack my top twenty.
Im not complaining. Maybe you misunderstood because im saying dumb instead of awesome. It is not broken or crazy overpowered but its a beast and i feel like im cheating when using it. Understand now?

SkylineRKR

Did the Raid in slightly more than an hour. We threw the Templar off the ridge (with shield on he never warps), skipped the Spirit bloom chest and grabbed a few exotics in the hidden chest. I got Red Death there. We also killed a Gorgon.

Got shards overall but it took me to level 30 so I was happy with it.

But god, the Praedyth Sniper is so fucking good. Glad I spent my stuff on it lately.

Tovarisc

Control is the worst. Fuck this bounty.

Success and failure in Control is determined by two factors;

1. Which team you got put in on map X? E.g. you want Bravo on Blind Watch, always
  2. Does your teammates understand what flag affects your teams respawn locations and how? If no then you are in for bad time.

realcZk

Success and failure in Control is determined by two factors;

1. Which team you got put in on map X? E.g. you want Bravo on Blind Watch, always
  2. Does your teammates understand what flag affects your teams respawn locations and how? If no then you are in for bad time.

Is the information for #2 available anywhere? I rarely play PvP but this would be nice to know when I do.

This week's Heroic Strike is absurd (without cheesing). The mass of wizards are maddening. It makes me shudder to think what the next Raid on the moon will be like. High level Hive en masse can be very challenging.

pringles

Crucible is terrible, except for Control which is AMAZING. How anyone plays Skirmish or Clash in this game.. I don't get. I only do that for bounties and I get bored after like 2 games. And every map sucks without control points to get people moving.

Had an awful haul today.

Cranked out the Daily, Weekly and Nightfall and left.

Misc Shitty Engrams (knight type bollocks)
9 Strange Coins
New Monarchy Hand Canon.

The people I was with got ridiculous drops, Best mate ended up with a total of 25 strange coins from today alone, He has 48 strange coins and 25 motes of light ready for Xur.

I did get The Last Word the other day which I love but still.

Screw you RNGesus.

Rubenov

Basically B is almost always a must in Control... trying for A and C at the same time or all three at once usually doesn't work due to how the spawns rotate.

breakfuss

Crucible is terrible, except for Control which is AMAZING. How anyone plays Skirmish or Clash in this game.. I don't get. I only do that for bounties and I get bored after like 2 games. And every map sucks without control points to get people moving.

I honestly think Salvage is the best mode and can't understand why it's only available occasionally. Skirmish is some bullshit. Don't even think I'll bother with its bounties.

Tovarisc

Is the information for #2 available anywhere? I rarely play PvP but this would be nice to know when I do.

I doubt there is any solid records on how caps affect spawns, but if you play Control and pay attention to where you spawn on map X when team has flags Y you will see pattern.

E.g. on Blind Watch capping A flag will cause your team being mostly respawned near A, but have A + B and spawns will get somewhat split between both ends of the map with slight favor on A end.

Have B + C, but let enemy take / have A and you will always spawn to better end of map and they to worst end. Have B + C + A and you have mixed spawn locations and at bad time it can mean losing B + C [best combo]. And so forth.

Basically B is almost always a must in Control... trying for A and C at the same time or all three at once usually doesn't work due to how the spawns rotate.

Pretty much, B + X is combo you want.

• Blind Watch = B + C
  • Firebase Delphi = B + A
  • Shores of Time = B + C
  • First Light = B + A
  • Bastion = B + C
  • Rusted Lands = B + A
  • Twilight Gap = B + C

ocean

Banned

I play Crucible almost exclusively for the madness that goes down at B in nearly all the maps.

Marvel

could never
I did get The Last Word the other day which I love but still.

Screw you RNGesus.

This, this right here?

Made the rest of what you typed Russian to me. I cannot see as I am blinded by rage.

iQKE6D556MUI5.gif

lol

Hoodbury

Does your teammates understand what flag affects your teams respawn locations and how? If no then you are in for bad time.

Flags don't always determine your spawn location. There will be plenty of times when my team owns C and B and I'll spawn right next to A for instance.

I think it's more based on player locations.

Tovarisc

Flags don't always determine your spawn location. There will be plenty of times when my team owns C and B and I'll spawn right next to A for instance.

I think it's more based on player locations.

Flags affect spawn locations a lot more than player locations in my experience.

And I have played a lot Control.

Yaari

Gave TLW a run, but as lacking in upgrades, it was not very stable yet and thus not too effective. It was hard to land multiple shots on distant targets.

My Vex now has all its upgrades though, and it was kicking ass in PVP. very fun gun to use.

That said, my favorite load out in PVP is going to be a VoC with a Plan C. That will be awesome.

I'm not too convinced I am going to get that VoC though. Will be difficult to get into raids as a no mic user.

Did the Raid in slightly more than an hour. We threw the Templar off the ridge (with shield on he never warps), skipped the Spirit bloom chest and grabbed a few exotics in the hidden chest. I got Red Death there. We also killed a Gorgon.

Got shards overall but it took me to level 30 so I was happy with it.

But god, the Praedyth Sniper is so fucking good. Glad I spent my stuff on it lately.

WAT? I thought that one was guaranteed Shards and Energy? huh, suddenly that feels worth going for each time.

Not sure if someone posted this, but bungie is asking for what people's wishlist for Xur. https://twitter.com/bungie/status/525369856976519168

Buncha salty fuckers sad they missed the Suros the first time around. I say get some variety up there before we see the same golden oldies (CURSE YOU, SUNBREAKERS!).

Pretty much, B + X is combo you want.

• Blind Watch = B + C
  • Firebase Delphi = B + A
  • Shores of Time = B + C
  • First Light = B + A
  • Bastion = B + C
  • Rusted Lands = B + A
  • Twilight Gap = B + C

I wish I could telepathically broadcast this to my team each match. Seems anyone ever wants to do is take new flags, even if we have 2. IF YOU HAVE 2, JUST PLAY DEFENSE UNLESS YOU ARE DOMINATING. I keep losing advantageous spawn locations cause people get ambitious and don't want to play D.

I really like Control, it is pretty much the only mode I play. Although it has a tendency to degrade into Clash sometimes, if you are with a team that know what they are doing, it is a lot of fun. I take pride in getting Objectively Correct medals and zone defense kills.

Hoodbury

Flags affect spawn locations a lot more than player locations in my experience.

And I have played a lot Control.

Guess we'll have to disagree as I don't think there is too good of a way to prove either way. I've played 336 games of Control so I've played quite a bit too.

I just know if you own A and B and the other team is squeezing you in towards A you aren't going to spawn by A still. You'll spawn by C and flip the spawns so to speak.

If the other team owns C and B they are probably hanging back and defending those flags and the areas around them, meaning you'll likely default to spawning by A. But I think it's more because where the enemy players are, not the flag you have. Otherwise we'd be complaining a lot more about spawn camping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom