• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tightning

Neo Member
I feel like I've been quite lucky with exotics recently in some ways, I gambled a Mask of the Third Man a few weeks ago, and got No Backup Plans from a Legendary Engram. Coupled with the few random Legendary Titan items that I've also decrypted, I should probably get around to getting that character to 20.

I also have 2 Plan Cs, if I equip one with No Backup Plans will I create a black hole? Might be something fun to do in the Tower...

Zakalwe

Banned
lol

I hope they come. Xur is just as bad as Rahool. No gloves for Titans. Gloves for weeks on Warlocks.

I've been extremely lucky with my main Warlock (perfect 30) and don't really care about my Hunter alt (whatever 28.) Plan C or Thunderlord would be nice :)

I see lots of people asking for P&T. A week or two ago I would have laughed. Icebreaker does more damage and regenerates ammo. After using P&T I'm not so sure. The stability and radar are both huge benefits and that's without mentioning cloak or arc damage. Great weapon.

Ice Breaker is great for bosses or very long range battles where you can really take advantage of its range and regen, but mid range it lacks the speed and agility of other snipers.

It's a great weapon, but i really only use for bosses. My supremacy is much more efficient for standard mobs.

Sh0k

I have a Level 29 Hunter, a level 28 Titan and an open slot for an extra class. If I create another hunter to double my luck in the raids, do I still have to level up my vanguard to level 2 to start buying armor? With my primary Hunter, my vanguard is at level 4.

Thanks for any help.

lol

I hope they come. Xur is just as bad as Rahool. No gloves for Titans. Gloves for weeks on Warlocks.

I've been extremely lucky with my main Warlock (perfect 30) and don't really care about my Hunter alt (whatever 28.) Plan C or Thunderlord would be nice :)

I see lots of people asking for P&T. A week or two ago I would have laughed. Icebreaker does more damage and regenerates ammo. After using P&T I'm not so sure. The stability and radar are both huge benefits and that's without mentioning cloak or arc damage. Great weapon.

I figured it'd be worth having for PvP where IB doesn't shine but I'm not sure how much better it is than my maxed Supremacy that does Arc. I'd have to do a comparison.

SharkJAW

I have a Level 29 Hunter, a level 28 Titan and an open slot for an extra class. If I create another hunter to double my luck in the raids, do I still have to level up my vanguard to level 2 to start buying armor? With my primary Hunter, my vanguard is at level 4.

Thanks for any help.
Yes. Rank/Marks don't carry between characters.

Dante316

Do enlighten me why people want patience and time? The sniper is useless, the arc damage? There are better guns that are legendary that use it, the damage output isnt great and being invisible doesn't last long.

Alucrid

Banned

Thanks for any help.

yes, but why would you buy armor? just switch them between the two hunters

Zakalwe

Banned
yes, but why would you buy armor? just switch them between the two hunters

Because his second hunter will earn marks that can't be switched.

If you can at least get one set of bounties (pve or pvp) done each day for each character, you'll rank up in no time.

lol

Yes I love Patience and Time much more, Icebreaker comes in handy when ammo is low. Just want to get to 30 on my main Titan character and I need exotic gauntlets since I have the other 3 raid armour pieces.

Then I can get back to my 15 Hunter and 11 Warlock that have a bunch of exotics and legendary armour pieces waiting for them. Don't care to get them to 30, but at least to 28 so I can start doing the weekly, nightfall, raid, daily, etc. with all 3 every week.

I will still want those damn raid gauntlets to complete the set!

Zakalwe

Banned
Thanks and thank you for the idea of swtching the armor, I didn't think about that.

Gets tedious quick.

Load Hunter 1.
Orbit.
Go to tower.
Load Hunter 2.
Orbit.
Go to tower.

Repeat every time you want to switch.

Do you want to run two I would definitely invest in two sets of gear to get you at least to level 28 on both. Then you only need to switch out for raid gear.

Gordon

So this Reaver Vandal in The Forgotten Shore standing in front of a loot cave - what's his deal? I had my Hard Light and Light/BEWARE both brand new and hungry for upgrades, and I was just dumping all of my ammo into this level 8 prick. Then a Pub spawns a "kill the sponge" nearby and I couldn't even pop his shield! The attack ratings aren't much lower than my usual guns. Are armoured baddies that much beefier? I never noticed before because The Devil You Know generally rips their heads off in two or three rounds. With the unlevelled (but still exotic) AR, it feels like I'm a level or two below the Reaver Vandal (as opposed to the 20 levels above that I actually am)

tl;dr - what's the defense rating on Reavers and shit?

EL CUCO

I guess I will just wake up and check. I was planning on staying up but forget that.

Haha That's about the time I wake up for work. Thanks to Xur every Friday morning feels like Christmas to me. Some more dissapointing than others, though.

Could I perchance drop in on that Normal? level 26 defender titan

Looks like we're all filled up but I'll keep you in mind incase someone drops off :)

So I guess the playercount has crapped out.

Crucible nothing but getting put in already started matches now, unless I join a fireteam.

But hey, Bungie making it harder and harder to get loot and making the same content an even bigger grind, so it's sure to improve...

ocean

Banned

Thanks for any help.
Just buy the armor with your main and transfer it with the Vault.

My hunter is level 15 (very close to 16).

How long will it take you think to get to 20? Best strategies?

I am not new, I have a Level 29 (1 armour piece away from 30) Titan, just want to power level my Hunter before Tuesday so I can start my first week with 2 alts doing weeklies, nightfall, etc.

Bossun

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I was two shots away from completing the weekly heroic alone when I got "removed from game world error.

Fuck this shit!!

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
So i've got 3 friends I regularly play with -

one got the Hawkmoon (hates hand cannons)
one got the Epilogue (says he's sticking with his Suros)
and the last got The Last Word...(uses only when we are playing to rub my face in it)

... so a question to GAF ... across the street or down the river?

dengatron

i have Swarm but it doesn't have Field Scout :(
Regular swarm is still pretty beast. Same damage just only get 36 rounds without raid boots or armamentarium. 90 rounds from one heavy box is sick. Jolders hammer hits harder but fires slower too. 71 damage headshots from jolders

So i've got 3 friends I regularly play with -

one got the Hawkmoon (hates hand cannons)
one got the Epilogue (says he's sticking with his Suros)
and the last got The Last Word...(uses only when we are playing to rub my face in it)

... so a question to GAF ... across the street or down the river?
As in to where you should put your dead friends?
IMHO Dumpsters work pretty well

NastyBook

ibsqYKb75ogdVM.jpg

iFjrU5ixBSJg6.jpg

Whoops! Forgot to make this post
Joined the Suros club last night cheesing that Nightfall (thanks casmith and mtxcamaro). Dunno if I want to buff it, though. Like the current RoF on it.

And then there's this:
iFr0wf4GzshlT.jpg

Never got the chance to say this before, or want to for that matter, but...MY BODY IS READY.

LiK

Regular swarm is still pretty beast. Same damage just only get 36 rounds without raid boots or armamentarium. 90 rounds from one heavy box is sick. Jolders hammer hits harder but fires slower too. 71 damage headshots from jolders

i've been upgrading Zombie, guess i should switch over?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom