• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

NastyBook

Well, gotta say I'm getting frustrated seeing everyone get cool loot and I get shit. Never really bothered me as much in other mmos, but in this game it posses me off seeing friends get stuff I want that they don't use and just dismantle or vault never to be used. Same friends that already got everything they want. I got the same junk sniper rifle which I don't need from nightfalls twice not including getting two other snipers the other times. There should be a smart loot system that gives you what you use or at least significantly better odds of getting said items. I shouldn't have to hope Xur sells something good. I shouldn't get nothing but mats from a raid all the time while others get sweet exotics. Share the wealth, throw me a bone at least once in a damn while.

Xur doesn't sell something I want for once, or I don't get shit from raids this week, I'm out.

I played mmos for a long time, but this game just pisses me off for some reason far more than any other mmo or loot game.
Well, what do you have in the realm of Exotics and Legendaries so far?

SharkJAW

I am looking to get a hard raid group together for tonight to start at at approximately 8:45pm or 9pm EST tonight on PS4. I play as a level 29 Warlock... waiting for my RAID Boots to drop to get to level 30.

Would like to find players level 29 and 30 with upgraded legendary and exotic weapons. Experience with the Hard Raid is a plus. I have cleared all parts of the hard raid before.

Reply to this post, or send me a PM if you want to join. We already have three (maybe four) players. Looking for a few more
Kind of late on the reply here, but I'd like to get in on this, if that's okay. Lvl 30 Hunter

Edit: Ah, I see that you're full

Cømet

Banned
Bungie's too busy adding kill volume on trees so players can't experience the vistas in the game from a non-intended point of view.

Regarding the app, we don't even have yet an ipad native app that was promised for the game's launch.

It's beyond a joke at this point.

After that Smash direct, there's very little that can save Destiny in the long run. I think I'll be shelving it til January earliest once Smash arrives. I'll pick the DLC up when it's on sale.

doomquake

A little bit sorry everytime I find legendary items in patrol..all these strangers. Hopefully they don't care.

Anyway it was two shards. Then cryotard gave me a nice zombie apocalypse version with hipfire bonus and ammo drop boost

J-Rzez

Well, what do you have in the realm of Exotics and Legendaries so far?

Only exotic to ever drop for me is Thunderlord. Everything else is bought through Xur. I am level 30 due to Xur as well. I get legendary shotguns from factions all the time, and ratool insists on giving me rocket launchers and armor for other classes.

All I want is an exotic handcannon. But I never get one while everyone else does.

I know others may have worse luck and I feel for them, but it still sucks for me.

GobFather

Question: When you dismantle a legendary gear, you can get shards... Does the type of gear matter? Like chest gives more than legs or head? Or is it all random no matter what gear?

Only exotic to ever drop for me is Thunderlord. Everything else is bought through Xur. I am level 30 due to Xur as well. I get legendary shotguns from factions all the time, and ratool insists on giving me rocket launchers and armor for other classes.

All I want is an exotic handcannon. But I never get one while everyone else does.

I know others may have worse luck and I feel for them, but it still sucks for me.

I'm currently on the last task for the exotic bounty for Thorn... and I have been for almost two weeks now because I can't find people to help with killing a mini-boss thing in Summoning Pits. That is literally the only Exotic I've found since day one and I can't even complete it thanks to that. Again, I'm sure there are people with worse luck, but I'd say I'm right there with you in terms of lack of it.

I think I have finally burnt out on this game after almost 200 hours(damn). I will continue to do the weekly stuff and some Crucible, but I am so tired of the same bounties every day. Grinding to upgrade weapons is by far the worst part of the game to me. I feel like I have gotten more than my money's worth though.

Expansion pass already bought so hopefully December breathes some new life into the game.

Lucis

Just came to say: Confluxes on Hard are hard as fuck.

let me introduce you to the cheese of the cave hiding techniques during legion

I got a Hawkmoon, Patience and Time and Mida Multi Tool this week...all I really wanted was a raid helmet.

RNG

While I got 2 helm 3 chest 1 boots (I am already 30 coming into the week)

All I wanted were some GUNS. Fatebringer, Timepiece, Vex, Epilogue, Vegence, ANYTHING

I have almost every warlock exotic armor piece (except the one Xur sold last week, didn't even bother buying)

What's up with my shitty gun luck and all the armor luck

is this game ever going to work properly? been having issues since day 1 and right now i've had 13 "marionberry" errors, i can't play at all. WTF is this shit seriously? i thought Bungie were experts with online. i can pop in any other game and online modes work fine, just not this game, why? and whats the reasoning in having this as a completely online only game, why cant i at least do patrols offline or something, anything? makes no fucking sense. there are other co-op heavy games that are playable offline like demon's/dark souls. so there's no excuse.

fucking get your shit together already Bungie. argh im sorry but it's making me goddsmn crazy, way too many times now when i've got some time to play, i can't even get past the title screen. game is broken as far as im concerned, and i cant even return it because i bought the overpriced digital version... fml.

anyway is the Aries Nemesis X4 or whatever a good scout rifle? should i upgrade?

I would have taken all 3 of those o_O

I need the Raid boots for my Warlock.
the funny thing is the primary raid weapons are generally just as good if not better than exotics thanks to the element damage. Hawkmoon won't be replacing my Fatebringer, so what is the point? Vision of Confluence is god-tier and has full auto. No way I'm running Mida over it.

blackflag

Welp......I just accidentally dismantled my raid helm....a couple hours after I dismantled my duplicate on purpose....FML

I want to punch things... It's just a game....It's just a game

Frenden

Banned
Speaking of Thorn/Bad Juju, I'm halfway through 25 strikes for the latter.

I'd have done them anyway, but it's amazing how the exotic bounties make everything feel like a slog.

I've watched a fair amount of gameplay with Juju and it looks absolutely awful. Hopefully the buff brings it in line with other exotics.

darthbob

If they speed up the Thorn reload animation im going to be happy as a clam

If it was my choice I'd up the # of shots by one (to seven), and alter the DOT effect so that every subsequent shot resets the poison timer.

armchair game developing is so much fun :lol

I think I have finally burnt out on this game after almost 200 hours(damn). I will continue to do the weekly stuff and some Crucible, but I am so tired of the same bounties every day. Grinding to upgrade weapons is by far the worst part of the game to me. I feel like I have gotten more than my money's worth though.

Expansion pass already bought so hopefully December breathes some new life into the game.
I have def burnt out as well only at 100 hours. My desire to hit lvl30, just need the raid boots and extoic chest armor, is keeping me going. This was going to be my only game until bloodborne so I might pick up something else now. Meh hopefully the dlc is good and taking a break from playing a lot as well.

Dawg

Finally started playing this game together.

It's much better than I originally expected it to be, especially after all the critique and stuff I've read. Now, I'm only level 8 so far so I guess I have yet to experience the repetitiveness everyone is complaining about. Still... I really like the gameplay and it's a lot of fun with friends.

Am I supposed to send a request to [RGAF] if I want to join the NeoGAF clan?

BondFancy

Welp......I just accidentally dismantled my raid helm....a couple hours after I dismantled my duplicate on purpose....FML

I don't know why there isn't a favorite option that stops you from being able to dismantle something...seems like a pretty basic thing to have as a game mechanic.

NastyBook

If you ever get the Bounty for Thorn, let me know. I'll try to help you get it through either the Crucible or the Strike. That's the only Exotic Handcannon I have, btw.

Frenden

Banned
If you ever get the Bounty for Thorn, let me know. I'll try to help you get it through either the Crucible or the Strike. That's the only Exotic Handcannon I have, btw.

I finally gave up on a three-week lingering Thorn bounty because the Hunter has no void damage in PVP. It was taking way too long to level up with fusion rifles and machine guns. :\

NastyBook

Oh, man. Two accidental dismantles in one day? I'm gonna have to be more careful in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom