• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

maomaoIYP

Ran into a mini event in the cosmodrome last night, near the loot cave at the start of the strike. Was doing some patrol missions and suddenly I get a message that "the enemy is moving against each other" and a shit load of enemies keep pouring out non stop from a spawn room. I was there for a good 15 minutes before the thralls turned into ascendant thralls and I got overrun. I didn't even get a single blue engram, but I had lots of greens.

gdt

I did the Raid for the first time today, normal. So I get nothing if I do it again? :/

Least till the reset I mean.

E92 M3

Ran into a mini event in the cosmodrome last night, near the loot cave at the start of the strike. Was doing some patrol missions and suddenly I get a message that "the enemy is moving against each other" and a shit load of enemies keep pouring out non stop from a spawn room. I was there for a good 15 minutes before the thralls turned into ascendant thralls and I got overrun. I didn't even get a single blue engram, but I had lots of greens.

When that happens at Skywatch the loot cave is reactivated. Brings back such joyous memories.

I did the Raid for the first time today, normal. So I get nothing if I do it again? :/

Least till the reset I mean.

You can do hard, but otherwise you have to wait.

gdt

I would love to do the Nightfall, but as a 27 it was a pain in the ass when I tried Tuesday. Couldn't even make it to the boss. No Arc weapons either.

colinp

Banned
I would love to do the Nightfall, but as a 27 it was a pain in the ass when I tried Tuesday. Couldn't even make it to the boss. No Arc weapons either.

As a 28 with rare arc weapons I found it too difficult to solo. This weeks Nightfall is no joke!

X-Frame

As a 28 with rare arc weapons I found it too difficult to solo. This weeks Nightfall is no joke!

I solo'd it twice on 2 characters, doing the 3rd one this weekend. I will admit to cheesing Phogoth though, but otherwise my Supremacy arc sniper basically 1-shots everything, only 2 shots for major Wizards.

Bungie's silence is beginning to scare me. They planned out 6 weeks of events at launch and haven't said boo since. We have a good idea of what's coming in The Dark Below, but in the mean time, when tons of games are coming out, Bungie isn't talking about anything but balancing weapons and tweaking boss strategies to force people to play encounters the way they want them to be played.

Bungie talked about creating a living, breathing world. Well, one of the most important parts of having a living breathing world is to give it direction and to always be pointing players in that future direction. And giving them a trickle of content to keep them occupied and moving in that direction. Thus far, Bungie hasn't done this. It starts with the botched story line and narrative...But it also hasn't been handled well since launch. They really need to get moving, give us a look at what's to come and start peeling back some layers and giving us some more incentive to keep playing. And give us something new to do and work toward. Soon.

E92 M3

Glass Minuet has to be one of the most boring and fugly ships in the game. The Participation Award of the raid.

Truly is. I think all special ships are ugly and there a ton of brown ones. I found one that I love in the shop.

Bungie's silence is beginning to scare me. They planned out 6 weeks of events at launch and haven't said boo since. We have a good idea of what's coming in The Dark Below, but in the mean time, when tons of games are coming out, Bungie isn't talking about anything but balancing weapons and tweaking boss strategies to force people to play encounters the way they want them to be played.

Bungie talked about creating a living, breathing world. Well, one of the most important parts of having a living breathing world is to give it direction and to always be pointing players in that future direction. And giving them a trickle of content to keep them occupied and moving in that direction. Thus far, Bungie hasn't done this. It starts with the botched story line and narrative...But it also hasn't been handled well since launch. They really need to get moving, give us a look at what's to come and start peeling back some layers and giving us some more incentive to keep playing. And give us something new to do and work toward. Soon.

I expect tomorrow's weekly to be informative just like last Friday's. Maybe I am a simpleton, but them buffing my Vex will be excitement enough. Also, a big balance coming that will adjust exotics and make class changes. I am excited for that stuff.

maomaoIYP

I solo'd it twice on 2 characters, doing the 3rd one this weekend. I will admit to cheesing Phogoth though, but otherwise my Supremacy arc sniper basically 1-shots everything, only 2 shots for major Wizards.
Please share the strategy for cheesing Phogoth? I don't have an ammo respawning special weapon.

ocean

Banned
Hey guys, by any chance does anyone here know how to cheese Atheon real quick? If you're one of those people that can take him down in a try or two, please join me at a_javierp on PS4. Thanks in advance!

Frenden

Banned
Does anyone here have the Universal Remote? How did you like it after the shotgun nerf? Is it worth buying if Xur's selling tonight?

Finally got the nightfall done. Thanks to GAF lurker Malloc-X (he's good peeps, send him your friend requests on PSN) for guiding me through and providing much needed solar punch via his Ice Breaker. As an added bonus, for the first time ever, I nabbed an exotic reward: the Monte Carlo. Oh frubjous day!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Does anyone here have the Universal Remote? How did you like it after the shotgun nerf? Is it worth buying if Xur's selling tonight?
The premise of universal remote is a primary shotgun. If you can see yourself putting time into learning shotgun/sniper, shotgun/fusion or um, shotgun/shotgun, it's pretty compelling. I need it for my defender build. otherwise I can see it being sort of a nuisance, lol

squidyj

So far, this has been a very good week for me.

Kabr's Forceful Greaves (the piece of gear that I needed to reach lvl 30)
Hawkmoon (from Nightfall)
Hezen Vengeance
Fatebringer
Heart of the Praxic Fire (from a Legendary Engram)

praxic is what I need, i just hope xur has it in 7 hours.

breakfuss

Had my first exotic drop at the end of a nightfall...and it was a monte carlo, lol. Assuming this is bad juju levels of terrible. Damn. All I want is a Suros. :(

Frenden

Banned
The premise of universal remote is a primary shotgun. If you can see yourself putting time into learning shotgun/sniper, shotgun/fusion or um, shotgun/shotgun, it's pretty compelling. I need it for my defender build. otherwise I can see it being sort of a nuisance, lol

I like the idea of a slightly longer range, slow firing, but one-shot kill shottie, but I almost never use shotguns as my secondaries, so I'd be going in blind.

It just sounds weird enough to be interesting.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I like the idea of a slightly longer range, slow firing, but one-shot kill shottie, but I almost never use shotguns as my secondaries, so I'd be going in blind.

It just sounds weird enough to be interesting.
I almost never do either, but I'm pretty sure I can play to its strengths... don't foresee much use in PvE, though, honestly.

Ghazi

Those high RoF, low Impact ARs are terrible in PVP in my experience. All of them.

I got a Doctor Nope in a random drop and I'm tempted to shard it.

Welp. Any specific recommendations for PvP, then? ARs, preferably, since it doesn't feel like anything else is as good.

So I'm just now founding out that theres's more weapons in game than I thought. I honestly had no idea the faction vendors had more weapons than what they were selling. Just got this from reaching rank 3 with Future War Cult. Comes with Firefly and Double Down. Now I'm hyped and hoping there's a fusion rifle! *0*

uk00EpW.jpg

I leveled all 3 factions to level 3 and didn't get shit. I got boots, ascendant energy and strange coin

Victrix

*beard*
Monte Carlo is a fun as shit PvE weapon, useless in PvP.

The recoil is extremely predictable - but it pales compared to Suros' laser pointer style accuracy, and melee is way less important in PvP... except for Sunsinger Warlocks, who can abuse their melee range and Flame Shield.

If Suros gets an accuracy nerf, Monte Carlo and Hard Light may become more appealing pvp ars, we'll see.

SnakeEyes

Banned
they did it for the Sparrows and Ships if you try dismantling them. I guess Legendaries and Exotics should be the same speed.
Exactly. Why aren't the higher-level items given the same treatment? No one should be dismantling Legendary or Exotic gear unless they really are wanting to.

colinp

Banned
Exactly. Why aren't the higher-level items given the same treatment? No one should be dismantling Legendary or Exotic gear unless they really are wanting to.

Dismantling for ascendant mats happens pretty often, especially when you get repeat items or for classes you don't want. This is pure user error, not game error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom