• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
You can switch jobs currently - that's the whole point. The encounter is more fun being able to strategize and decide what job everybody does.

I like the panic that ensues when the "wrong" people get teleported back.

WHAT DO I DO??? AHHHH WHAT BUTTON IS CLEANSE????

Anyone read the VoG Q&A with lukems?

One thing that struck me as odd was that apparently Bungie doesn't like the idea that people 'choose' to be teleported as the 'away' team during the Atheon fight. Sounds like they're going to add some randomness to that in the future. :-/

That is surprising, whoever design the raid should have known that and set it up as random if that was the intent. Welp better beat/cheese the raid as soon as I can..

E92 M3

Who cares? The encounter would be more fun if you are just not stuck to one job. I think its a good change.

No one is stuck to a job - it's called strategy. Executing strategy with a team is part of the fun. Having random and uncontrollable elements in a boss fight is not fun. Bungie's best bet would be to move forward and design their new raids however they want, but not change the game months down line after everyone already figured out the VOG.

allday247

Banned
PSN seems to be working Destiny on the other hand well no luck....anyway have been looking for people to play with am terribly bored of doing the vangaurd strikes....anyone there for nightfall, VOG or Heroic at 27-28?

I am a Lv 27 voidwalker fully upgraded with a decent sunsinger upgrade as well... PSN id niles2812

I would like HM VoG too. but servers seem to be down atm

Q: We did that exploit to beat the templar, and it was still pretty hard! It didn't feel like a straight-up exploit where we were breaking the game, but it did feel like we were taking advantage of the level design. How do you feel about that kind of thing in general?

A: I think that those kind of things… both of those things you outlined are super educational for us, and like I alluded to earlier, in the case of the templar or elements of it not working as intended, we are gonna be supporting the game and ensuring that those things get fixed.

Kill me

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Do you think they'll raise the level cap by making more than one exotic equipable at a time? Or are they going to raise the soft cap from 20? If they do the latter, won't it invalidate all our gear? UGH.

I don't think we'll see caps raised, New patrol zones, or sub classes until the comet thing next fall. Don't get your hopes up.

I suspect there will be better gear. No real incentive for people to grind new strikes, and especially new raids, otherwise. I'm kind of leaning toward just staying at 29 for that reason. I want to do the raid at least a couple times to experience it, but my schedule is a bit hectic for playing when I can find 5 others to just grind for gear that will probably be obsolete when the expansion is out. Especially when Level 30 isn't really needed for more than the hard mode raid. And I have friends saying it's not bad at 29 anyway.

Heel

Makes sense now that everyone has one. Maybe this is their secret to fixing the "economy". Make us spend our coins on shit that will then get nerfed, so we have to spend more coins on the next best thing.

The end-game glimmer economy is what really needs fixed. Just buying ammo packs when I'm near the cap, and well...let's just say I have too many ammo packs.

Create a glimmer sink to buy end-game items like coins, motes, high level engrams etc.

Something.

Bizazedo

I am sure they will revert it back eventually, but as of right now it sucks balls.

If anymore weapons get nerfed, I'm just going to quit.

E92, even if they do everything "right" from here on out, weapons will probably get nerfed or buffed. Sometimes, mistakes are made.

I still remember an awesome weapon from Molten Core, Earthshaker I think it was called. It had a chance to proc a knockback.

Yeah, that was an oops. I only got to enjoy it for a day, similar to some of the Vex users here. It needed nerfed, though haha....

I like the panic that ensues when the "wrong" people get teleported back.

WHAT DO I DO??? AHHHH WHAT BUTTON IS CLEANSE????

Yeah, it can be fun. My main issue, though, is the raid (seemed?) designed so that it was predictable who got teleported and who didn't. It didn't seem like a bug.

Changing it now seems more like an asshole thing to do rather than a bug fix.

darthbob

The end-game glimmer economy is what really needs fixed. Just buying ammo packs when I'm near the cap, and well...let's just say I have too many ammo packs.

Create a glimmer sink to buy end-game items like coins, motes, high level engrams etc.

Something.

If it was up to me, I'd require an ample amount of Glimmer and Marks be used to purchase Legendary gear. At least then Glimmer would have somewhat of a use.

Nameless

Bungie seems intent on approaching Destiny like a controlling parent instead of actively listening to the community to improve the game in a way that betters the experience for those who sustain it

I love Destiny, but I have real fears of Bungie pushing people away in droves.

MechDX

Bungie seems intent on approaching Destiny like a controlling parent instead of actively listening to the community to improve the game in a way that betters the experience for those who sustain it

Being a pretty big Bungie fan during the prime HALO years they are currently not acting like the Bungie I remember.

Maybe that's what needs to happen in order to get Bungie's attention.

Yeah after reading that Kotaku interview all I'm left with is

961.gif

Kind of deflating TBH. After playing Blizzard's Diablo III for so long this really shouldn't be anything new for me, but hearing Bungie say "We want you to play this way and only this way" makes me pretty salty. How about no, Bungie.

Was it Zoba with that awesome post "does bungie know what they are doing"? I seriously hope the folks at Bungie read that thread and at least skim through our thread here.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Yeah getting six people together across who knows how many timezones and internet connections and connectivity issues for hours at a time so everyone can learn to use the relic and memorize every oracle spawn is so easy. It's not impractical in any way. If anything they should have portals inside of portals that would require 2 additional teams who then would all randomly get mixed up (with no cross team chat).

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

I don't understand posts like this because the changes so far have been so overwhelming for the better.

cilonen

If Ice Breaker loses ammo regen I'm out. I'm not using it to refill other guns, just Ice Breaker itself and it helps me solo the weekly for my 3 strange coins a week.

If that goes, I'm done.

Bizazedo

I'd probably be fine with that. But the Hard mode does require damn good teamwork.
Too much randomness can backfire and leave people frustrated.
Subjective. Some people would enjoy conquering that...but yeah, most gamers don't like randomness. They prefer predictability....it's why more people seem to prefer PvE / Co-Op, PvP is by definition more chaotic.

Digression aside, it's okay / good for hard modes to have different mechanics to make it more difficult. As Ultron said, teleporting random three people in hard mode makes sense in a way.

It's just the perception here is .... really bad and feels vindictive / controlling / without a vision.

Heel

If it was up to me, I'd require an ample amount of Glimmer and Marks be used to purchase Legendary gear. At least then Glimmer would have somewhat of a use.

Would give me a reason to use all these glimmer consumables, that's for sure. Adding a cost to something that's already available would make people wig out though, haha.

A ridiculously priced legendary or exotic engram from the Cryptarch that cycles in would be a lazy fix, but at least it'd be something to buy.

Mindlog

Anyone read the VoG Q&A with lukems?

One thing that struck me as odd was that apparently Bungie doesn't like the idea that people 'choose' to be teleported as the 'away' team during the Atheon fight. Sounds like they're going to add some randomness to that in the future. :-/
I would actually enjoy that change.
Keeps every player on their toes. I generally carry the Relic, but quickly forcing teams to adapt to situations would be pretty great. It would make the Hard Atheon detain a little more interesting. Everyone would quickly call out their relocation and continue on using the exact same strategy as before. Outside team to pillars. Relic team does their thing.

ManCannon

Something.

While you're at it... create another sink to let me dump all my deconstructed armor mats into... let me trade in stacks for rep! or for farmed materials! I've got so, so many... just doing nothing. :(

all I want is Hawkmoon :(

I have it. I wasn't really looking for it and, when I got it, I wasn't terribly excited. Then I actually didn't even want it because it would take my exotic spot (ie: no Ice Breaker).

Well, I most certainly changed my tune after using it for about 10 mins. That thing just murders.

I've found that it's the best HMG, at least that I've found so far (I think I have 5 or so different ones). It's so accurate, it's more like a heavy auto rifle. I'll have to disagree with you about how fast it takes down oracles. Nothing is faster imo.

Don't get me wrong. It definitely does it the fastest, but I already take them down so fast with a Shadow Price that it's not worth the time to even bother switching weapons. And I should clarify, I have zero qualms with it in PvP. I guess stability is probably it's main perk which I have noticed now that I think about it.

I am sure they will revert it back eventually, but as of right now it sucks balls.

I will not be fan of that change. Best to hurry up and get that no-death achievement from the raid. Unfortunately, I feel like it will haunt me for quite a while.

Hopefully they will revert the mythoclast to somewhat of it former glory, not expecting it to go back to like it was, but at least not as nerfed as now. A sauros should not be more powerful than the most rare weapon of them all.

If they do nerf more weapons that players have spent countless hours grinding to be able to upgrade, I am also out.

E92 M3

E92, even if they do everything "right" from here on out, weapons will probably get nerfed or buffed. Sometimes, mistakes are made.

I still remember an awesome weapon from Molten Core, Earthshaker I think it was called. It had a chance to proc a knockback.

Yeah, that was an oops. I only got to enjoy it for a day, similar to some of the Vex users here. It needed nerfed, though haha....

Vex needed nerf for PVP (not as much as they did, though), but for PVE it was the perfect end game reward. It made the game feel amazingly fresh and fun for me. What's point of getting better rewards if everything feels vanilla? I don't believe in everything being equal. I believe in letting the community have fun toys to mess around with. This is a video game, not a job. Tons of people were having fun with the Vex outside of PVP and Bungie decided that's not allowed.

At least chests don't disappear once opened in VoG. That's kinda nice.

But still, the anxiety is real lol.

Yes, that's the one thing I noticed about Bungie: their malleability for reacting to the player's will is almost nonexistent. It's pretty much always Bungie way or no way. It takes a big uproar to get anything changed. They have good talent, but are also one of the most pretentious studios out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom