• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Ice Breaker loses ammo regen I'm out. I'm not using it to refill other guns, just Ice Breaker itself and it helps me solo the weekly for my 3 strange coins a week.

If that goes, I'm done.

Agreed. It's an exotic. An exotic SHOULD have a crazy trait that makes people go "damn, that shit is OP."

Frankly, exotic weapons in general need buffing. When I use an exotic, it should feel a little OP. I don't feel that with any of them outside of the Ice Breaker.

Heel

While you're at it... create another sink to let me dump all my deconstructed armor mats into... let me trade in stacks for rep! or for farmed materials! I've got so, so many... just doing nothing. :(

I've been playing Diablo III, which gave me an idea for Destiny.

The blacksmith lets you scrap items into parts (like Destiny), "train" him (level him up) to make better gear by giving him money (or in this case, Glimmer), then lets you buy the gear with a combination of money and parts.

Something with Destiny would be a great fix for the excess materials and glimmer in the end-game.

E92 M3

Hopefully they will revert the mythoclast to somewhat of it former glory, not expecting it to go back to like it was, but at least not as nerfed as now. A sauros should not be more powerful than the most rare weapon of them all.

If they do nerf more weapons that players have spent countless hours grinding to be able to upgrade, I am also out.

I'd be surprised if it returns to its former glory, but a buff is definitely in order. If it were up to me, though, I'd give us the original PVE version and slightly buff it for PVP. Seriously, most devs don't know how to nerf properly. Chances are, if a weapon gets nerfed it becomes useless, not balanced.

darthbob

Would give me a reason to use all these glimmer consumables, that's for sure. Adding a cost to something that's already available would make people wig out though, haha.

A ridiculously priced legendary or exotic engram from the Cryptarch that cycles in would be a lazy fix, but at least it'd be something to buy.

Yeah, I think a lot of players would be apprehensive about it at first, but what else does glimmer have in the endgame? I certainly ain't going to the gunsmith to get any weapons that's for damn sure (only ammo synths). The Guardian outfitter lady rotates emblems like once a week, and will never carry new shaders. I've already got a cool looking ship and a decent sparrow so I'm not spending money at the Shipwright.

There's just NO point to glimmer once you start needing Legendary gear. By requiring like, 2500 glimmer plus 150 Vanguard marks for Shadow Price at least I'd be using some of the glimmer. :\

lunlunqq

With this much shit going on, I really regretted purchasing the digital guardian edition now... I guess there is no way for me to get my DLC pre-purchase money back. But if Bungie keeps doing this, I will never purchase anything from them in the future.

Bizazedo

Vex needed nerf for PVP (not as much as they did, though), but for PVE it was the perfect end game reward. It made the game feel amazingly fresh and fun for me. What's point of getting better rewards if everything feels vanilla? I don't believe in everything being equal. I believe in letting the community have fun toys to mess around with. This is a video game, not a job. Tons of people were having fun with the Vex outside of PVP and Bungie decided that's not allowed.
Depends. I never got to experience pre-nerf Vex, but if it trivialized the content too much AND the upcoming raids aren't above level 30....I dunno. I can conceive of a reason to nerf it in PvE.

But, you've seen me post, you know I agree already about PvP and PvE balancing being separate. I was more replying to your post "If any weapon ever gets nerfed again I am out".

Weapons / gear will be nerfed, it's inevitable.

I've been playing Diablo III, which gave me an idea for Destiny.

The blacksmith lets you scrap items into parts (like Destiny), "train" him (level him up) to make better gear by giving him money (or in this case, Glimmer), then lets you buy the gear with a combination of money and parts.

Something with Destiny would be a great fix for the excess materials and glimmer in the end-game.

in all seriousness Bungie can sure learn a whole lot from Blizzard. Specifically Diablo III.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
good lord... XD whatever.
gjallarhorn isn't getting nerfed.
Yeah, it can be fun. My main issue, though, is the raid (seemed?) designed so that it was predictable who got teleported and who didn't. It didn't seem like a bug.

Changing it now seems more like an asshole thing to do rather than a bug fix.
no indication from that interview or its operation in game that it's a bug. he doesn't claim that it is one.
What the hell, man. How was this somehow unintended? It's just legitimate strategy, no exploits. Damnit, Bungie, what are you thinking?
THIS is a bug. unless you misquoted or something. sepiks prime can be a real asshole.
Maybe that's what needs to happen in order to get Bungie's attention.
heh yeah. don't count on it happening.
It'll be impossible for Xur to have Hawkmoon until the exclusivity is done, right?
correct based on what we've seen so far
The end-game glimmer economy is what really needs fixed. Just buying ammo packs when I'm near the cap, and well...let's just say I have too many ammo packs.

Create a glimmer sink to buy end-game items like coins, motes, high level engrams etc.

Something.
Transmutation item. Choose the stats and mods of one item and visual appearance of another, combine to form new item. 10000 glimmer a pop. problem solved

ethomaz

Banned
Anyone read the VoG Q&A with lukems?

One thing that struck me as odd was that apparently Bungie doesn't like the idea that people 'choose' to be teleported as the 'away' team during the Atheon fight. Sounds like they're going to add some randomness to that in the future. :-/
For me it is the best way since release... I was lol how can Bungie do a mistake like that... the 3 guys teleport needs to be random.

It is a bug for me.

Mrgamer

So much time wasted trying to log in,had the day of work and now its been pretty much taken the only time i could play this afternoon :(.

Steroyd

I would actually enjoy that change.
Keeps every player on their toes. I generally carry the Relic, but quickly forcing teams to adapt to situations would be pretty great. It would make the Hard Atheon detain a little more interesting. Everyone would quickly call out their relocation and continue on using the exact same strategy as before. Outside team to pillars. Relic team does their thing.

That happens already, one person dies, or 4 peopke jump into the back and chaos ensues, not to mention the Atheon fight as is, is a buggy piece of shit of unpredictability, from going literally through the portal, the shield not working when under fire and a random harpy being able to jump into the middle platform and fuck shit up.

Heel

Yeah, I think a lot of players would be apprehensive about it at first, but what else does glimmer have in the endgame? I certainly ain't going to the gunsmith to get any weapons that's for damn sure (only ammo synths). The Guardian outfitter lady rotates emblems like once a week, and will never carry new shaders. I've already got a cool looking ship and a decent sparrow so I'm not spending money at the Shipwright.

There's just NO point to glimmer once you start needing Legendary gear. By requiring like, 2500 glimmer plus 150 Vanguard marks for Shadow Price at least I'd be using some of the glimmer. :\

At this point the only thing I really buy is random emblems on occasion and ammo packs to stop from maxing out.

Does the shipwright ever cycle in rare Sparrows with different colors from Crucible/Vanguard? That's something I'd buy once, I guess.

Booties

Banned
Seems like a dumb thing to forcibly change, but I don't think it's earth shattering. Everyone knows what to do by now anyway.

Heel

Transmutation item. Choose the stats and mods of one item and visual appearance of another, combine to form new item. 10000 glimmer a pop. problem solved

Combine two weapons that are the same, let you choose the best perks between the two. At the cost of glimmer and weapon parts. Boom. You'll actually WANT to get duplicates.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
ah, Rahool was kind enough to give me The Chance. Is it a decent handcannon?
Decent, not stellar, but depending on the mods you rolled definitely viable. Aim for the head now y'hear ;)
Combine two weapons of the same type, let you choose the best perks between the two. At the cost of glimmer and weapon parts. Boom.
Hmm, or at least a "reroll" item like in Path of Exile when you've got a gun you like with mods you don't

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I think your in the minority here. Read the last few pages.

GAF complaining about something and everything is nothing new and hardly represents what the majority of the game think about a particular change. Do you really think most Destiny players have a problem with the Vex nerf? Most people don't have the gun or probably even know what it is (I've only seen one once, and that was 2 days ago). I see a lot of whining and complaining about the changes Bungie is making, but outside of the Vex nerf, what are people complaining about, exactly?

darthbob

At this point the only thing I really buy is random emblems on occasion and ammo packs to stop from maxing out.

Does the shipwright ever cycle in rare Sparrows with different colors from Crucible/Vanguard? That's something I'd buy once, I guess.

AFAIK, and as far as DestinyDB knows, the shipwright will only ever sell Uncommon Sparrows.

Also, I sure do hope that these PSN issues get resolved soon or else the Bungie Bounty scheduled for 3PM is gonna be a little awkward.

Heel

AFAIK, and as far as DestinyDB knows, the shipwright will only ever sell Uncommon Sparrows.

ibh7X8pJt7mkKY.gif

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
With this much shit going on, I really regretted purchasing the digital guardian edition now... I guess there is no way for me to get my DLC pre-purchase money back. But if Bungie keeps doing this, I will never purchase anything from them in the future.

Again, what are you referring to? Where did the bad Bungie touch you? I feel like I'm missing something.

The Shipwright does cycle in some different ships and different colors of Sparrows but I haven't seen any that are themed similarly to any of the factions or Crucible/Vanguard. I've bought a couple here and there when the color scheme looks nice enough. Mostly just to keep from capping glimmer but also to switch up my ship look.

Heel

The Shipwright does cycle in some different ships and different colors of Sparrows but I haven't seen any that are themed similarly to any of the factions or Crucible/Vanguard. I've bought a couple here and there when the color scheme looks nice enough. Mostly just to keep from capping glimmer but also to switch up my ship look.

Yeah, I actually like the different Sparrow colors from the Shipwright (teal? neat.), but none are ever rare or above. I'm off that. Add some rares to the mix like the Gunsmith.

Give me a blacked out Sparrow, Bungie.

Swag

I wish Sony would poach some people that know what they're doing when it comes to maintaining up-time on a service. I think since I've owned a PS4, I've had more time where the PSN wasn't working properly then when it was working.

E92 M3

Depends. I never got to experience pre-nerf Vex, but if it trivialized the content too much AND the upcoming raids aren't above level 30....I dunno. I can conceive of a reason to nerf it in PvE.

But, you've seen me post, you know I agree already about PvP and PvE balancing being separate. I was more replying to your post "If any weapon ever gets nerfed again I am out".

Weapons / gear will be nerfed, it's inevitable.

It didn't trivialize the content (which was easy before it) it gave satisfaction in obtaining the ultimate weapon and just killing shit. In any RPG/game I play, I always strive to get the best stuff. Whether it's Knights of the Round table, OP as fuck Skyrim weapons, infinite devil trigger, anything.

And yes, I know we agree on that separation, but I don't want to see anymore PVE nerfs - there is nothing that needs nerfing. Having underpowered weapons is the antithesis of fun for me. There is no point in gearing up to only be performing the same way I did 50 hours ago. Playing these types of games is all about getting that 'high' from receiving something badass. Right now, Bungie nerfed the most badass weapon they had.

So yes, if they nerf another exotic or good weapon I will be leaving. There are a ton of other games that need my attention lol.

panda-zebra

Anyone read the VoG Q&A with lukems?

One thing that struck me as odd was that apparently Bungie doesn't like the idea that people 'choose' to be teleported as the 'away' team during the Atheon fight. Sounds like they're going to add some randomness to that in the future. :-/

Trying to think of anything I've read recently that has filled me with more venomous rage than those comments of his. I'm trying hqrd to bite my tongue for now and save it up. But when that time comes, I'll be roaring with the rest and we. will. be. heard.

Fuck that shit some of you are saying about every player having to master every part of the raid, that's bullshit. What's the point of different character types, classes and perk choices if you've got to become master of all skills?

Surely the raid is a chance to bring people together to be a whole greater than the sum of the parts - everyone bringing their own skills and the team utilising them in a way that gets the whole unit over the finishing line. What you kids are suggesting is a raid for only uber elites to circle jerk in their mutual leetness so they may lord around the tower with their oh-so-exclusive swank?

meh

If Bungie wants to close off these experiences and the joy so rarely encountered in this game and instead just cater to a few hundred raid teams that might go for such challenges out of the millions of people who desperately crave and deserve more than the same old recycled shite day after day then mother fuck them and their heads so afr up their own arseholes. Step the fuck back and remember why people make and play games in the first place.

not to mention the Atheon fight as is, is a buggy piece of shit of unpredictability, from going literally through the portal, the shield not working when under fire and a random harpy being able to jump into the middle platform and fuck shit up.

word

VoG was much more fun than I expected, and now I see why - it wasn't actually as they intended.

boom

Sullichin

Good interview with Luke. I hope I get to play the raid sometime soon. I'm level 28 without ever touching the raid and there's not much else to do except collect exotic weapons.

GAF complaining about something and everything is nothing new and hardly represents what the majority of the game think about a particular change. Do you really think most Destiny players have a problem with the Vex nerf? Most people don't have the gun or probably even know what it is (I've only seen one once, and that was 2 days ago). I see a lot of whining and complaining about the changes Bungie is making, but outside of the Vex nerf, what are people complaining about, exactly?

Essentially that Bungie is a controlling parent. It's akin to saying "No, don't snipe from there. I know we designed it so you could but you really should be standing here. Oh you don't want to? Ok we'll make it so you can't stand there anymore."

Loot cave. Did that hurt the game?
Templar fight. It wasn't guaranteed win.
So much other stuff.
Now they are talking about changing Atheons mechanics? Da fuq.

The best part is, within 24 hours of a patch, people find another way to cheese. They are talking about 'fixing' the new method of Templar fight. They don't need to fix that. Its not a push to win button. It still requires skill to get through. The ingenuity of the playerbase should be rewarded for discovering these things.

Ultimately, Bungie should be fixing real glitches and bugs like AOE damage while inside the Relic shield or the problem with walking through portals.

Bizazedo

And yes, I know we agree on that separation, but I don't want to see anymore PVE nerfs - there is nothing that needs nerfing. Having underpowered weapons is the antithesis of fun for me. There is no point in gearing up to only be performing the same way I did 50 hours ago. Playing these types of games is all about getting that 'high' from receiving something badass. Right now, Bungie nerfed the most badass weapon they had.

So yes, if they nerf another exotic or good weapon I will be leaving. There are a ton of other games that need my attention lol.

There's no way in hell that another weapon or armor doesn't get nerfed during the lifetime of Destiny is what I'm saying, E92. You're essentially saying "If there's a full moon at any point, THAT'S IT, I QUIT!"

It's going to happen and is not a good way to look at things.

Ramirez

What is so bad about all 6 people needing to know all jobs and execute them?

I hope the moon raid skullfucks the player base.

E92 M3

There's no way in hell that another weapon or armor doesn't get nerfed during the lifetime of Destiny is what I'm saying, E92. You're essentially saying "If there's a full moon at any point, THAT'S IT, I QUIT!"

It's going to happen and is not a good way to look at things.

To elucidate, I meant in the near future. Obviously with expansions things will change, but I just don't want to see another random nerf 3 weeks down the line. That's what I meant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom