• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Navy Bean

Hey! I am on XBox One as well.. added myself to the xbox clan as well. At least, it says I am apart of both. lol I got a cheap used copy for the XBO and just started.. so it'll be a while before I can do anything cool with my Warlock. Am a 27 Hunter on PS4.

Sweet, just one more Xboxer to join and we will be able to enjoy the countless benefits of joining a Clan...lol.

LiK

I got Gjallahorn as a drop and didn't use it much. Didn't know it was so OP. I just like the way it looks, lol

Mindlog

Gjallarhorn was also my first drop. Started upgrading it immediately.
Xûr, please sell Suros Regime or Gjallarhorn tomorrow.
And Sunbreakers!

Want him to sell total crap or stuff I already have so I can feel free to buy my Sparrow upgrade. My Warlock is perfect right now. Level 30 with 99% Intelligence, 58% Discipline and some token Strength. If Xur Sells Vestments or Praxic Fire without +Strength I'll have to re-juggle all of my armor. Most of the exotics I don't have suck, but I'd feel obligated to buy them for some reason.

E92 M3

Luke and co. are going to absolutely destroy souls in the moon raid. Babby mode is still going to be fucking ultra-impossible with wizards sporting arc shields on top of void shields on top of solar shields on top of master chief armor. Thralls with 40 arms on roller blades with Freddy Krueger fingers. Fucking Cthulhu (or whatever the shrine guy's name is) on performance enhancing baby-maker pills spitting fuel rod shots out his eyeballs. Maybe a flying family of phogoths that shoot Gorgons at you.

Should be fun.

Exactly what I expect. It's going to be revenge time.

If Mythoclast can get a 34% nerf, how much do you reckon they will nerf Gjallhorn by?

Dev Notes

Exotics:
Gjallahorn - 50% damage reduction, wolf pack rounds replaced with quick(est) reload, only one rocket in the chamber, crit damaged increased by .25 and ammo reserved increased.

Namikaze1

A week before Xur sold Gjallahorn, I got one from a Heavy Weapon engram. Since then, I dismantle any rockets I get cause none shall ever match that beast.

I got Gjallahorn as a drop and didn't use it much. Didn't know it was so OP. I just like the way it looks, lol
ulcXKEW.gif

Get that Werewolf upgraded.

Exactly what I expect. It's going to be revenge time.

Dev Notes

Exotics:
Gjallahorn - 50% damage reduction, wolf pack rounds replaced with quick(est) reload, only one rocket in the chamber, crit damaged increased by .25 and ammo reserved increased.
Sad how that nerf sounds plausible. I'm hoping Xur has Vision of Confluence.

I got Gjallahorn from a drop as well but have yet to touch it due to the 1 Exotic Weapon limit. I always feel like it comes last on my "to use" list.

Namikaze1

Sad how that nerf sounds plausible. I'm hoping Xur has Vision of Confluence.
Xur will never sell legendaries, especially those you can only get from raids. Bungie will never put those on sale. They'll want you to play the raid. And even then, RNGesus may be a dick and give you something else.

Bizazedo

I wonder when the inevitable levelcap increase comes. VoG Hard is hard because level 29's take more / deal less damage. If we're 30 prior to the next raid and no levelcap increase....

Will they make Moon Raid targets lvl 31? If so, that's also making it so VoG is near-required to do first before moving on to the Moon. Granted, at least Normal is still a viable path in that scenario.

Yeah, fatebringer would be better if VoG gear was possible. VoC is pretty common.

4 weeks of raiding and no VoC for me yet :(

In fact, my very first raid weapon drop was the Vex Mythoclast last week.

RNG hates me

I have fully upgraded my Mythoclast now, and its nowhere near the power of an non upgraded mythoclast pre Nerf...

I know the mythoclast was OP but this nerf is bullshit!

Got mine a day before the nerf went live. So much fun in the crucible and raid.

Players still quit if they see you using the Vex in pvp.

Xur can't sell raid gear, plus VoC is legendary not exotic.

Xur will never sell legendaries, especially those you can only get from raids. Bungie will never put those on sale. They'll want you to play the raid. And even then, RNGesus may be a dick and give you something else.

Yeah, fatebringer would be better if VoG gear was possible. VoC is pretty common.
I thought VoC was an Exotic. I assumed wrong! I can get two Vex Mytho from Raid but have yet to even get VoC once. I rather have that right now.

Kalamari

For these that don't have the Gjallarhorn for Raid... Hezen Vengeance do the job too.

Ya, I think it's the damage buff that affects the homing cluster projectiles that makes it possible. You could probably see similar results from legendaries with homing cluster bomb abilities.

darthbob

Anyone read the VoG Q&A with lukems?

One thing that struck me as odd was that apparently Bungie doesn't like the idea that people 'choose' to be teleported as the 'away' team during the Atheon fight. Sounds like they're going to add some randomness to that in the future. :-/

So is Corrective Measure trash, or am I missing something? The damage output seems pretty low and the Oracle perk only lets me take down Oracles marginally faster than my Shadow Price (Plus I have Atheon's Epilogue). I don't have any other legendary heavy weapons so I have nothing to compare it to really.

One thing that struck me as odd was that apparently Bungie doesn't like the idea that people 'choose' to be teleported as the 'away' team during the Atheon fight. Sounds like they're going to add some randomness to that in the future. :-/
God forbid you wanted to play a game you bought your way.

Nope Bungie's way or the highway.

No strategies allowed only RNG forever.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
A week before Xur sold Gjallahorn, I got one from a Heavy Weapon engram. Since then, I dismantle any rockets I get cause none shall ever match that beast.

I really should have bought it when Xur had it. :(
Now I have more strange coins than I know what to do with.

LOL, what?!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
just imagine that fight with a weapons of light boost on all lvl 30 people with 300 damage gjallarhorns.
oh I imagine it frequently *imagines* mmmmm

it's like the steak dinner equivalent to the processed cheese course everyone seems to be seeking.

Heel

Yeah, let's take away legitimate strategies now.

ibh7X8pJt7mkKY.gif

Anyone experiencing random drops from the game world? Like keep getting disconnected during daily heroic at the same spot in mission time after time

LiK

Why do they keep forcing people to play it their way. Just make the game based on QTEs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom