• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lakitu

st5fu
Why can't he just sell weapon engrams? Everyone gets something different and we can get excited and shit. This system is boring.

Definitely agree, I'm not going to bother with armor engrams, the risk of getting the same items or a different class item is just too high. Not going to waste my motes of light.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Someone said he cycles through the 3 weapon slots, which suits his schedule from whst we seen since launch. Too much of an concidence not for it to be a fact
this is how it has gone

primary
heavy
primary
primary
special
heavy
primary

It's better. Hands down, slower rate makes head shots much easier to place. Less bullets used means you can make the most of the huge clip.

It's a massive part of why the gun is such a beast.

Unless you don't go for head shots and just spray wherever. Maybe then you'd prefer a faster rate?

You are probably right. Just felt like the ROF went down with the buff. I play mainly PvE so perhaps that is why *shrug*

TTG

he can't sell the bounty ones either of course, but yeah, universal remote, last word, red death, suros, mida multitool, hard light makes 6- but wait what? he had to have a primary weapon this week? why?

I assume there is a random roll from a pool, why else would Sunbreakers come up so often? I don't know if there is a condition to rotate between weapon types or previous type is excluded from the pool for the next week or it's all random though. We've just been "lucky" that this is the first weapon to repeat.

Daemul

I assume there is a random roll from a pool, why else would Sunbreakers come up so often? I don't know if there is a condition to rotate between weapon types or previous type is excluded from the pool for the next week or it's all random though. We've just been "lucky" that this is the first weapon to repeat.
Second. Red Death has shown up twice.

Maledict

I wear to god I've seen a list of gear Xur can potentially sell floating out there based on glitches and data mining, and The Last Word wasn't one of the weapons on it.

In terms of people voting for Suros Regime on twitter, did Bungie say they were actually paying attention to that? I had presumed after then Sunfire Guantlets cock up that Xurs loot was just randomly rolled each week and Bungie didn't really care what he was selling.

Zakalwe

Banned
Someone said he cycles through the 3 weapon slots, which suits his schedule from whst we seen since launch. Too much of an concidence not for it to be a fact

It's gone:

Red death (primary)
Gjallahorn (heavy)
Suros regime (primary)
Read death (primary)
Ice breaker (special)
Truth (heavy)
Suros Regime (primary)

No pattern I can see.

Plus they ran a poll on their Twitter recently asking what players would like to see from Xur, and the overwhelming response was.... Suros Regime.

Edit: beaten by a mile.

Zocano

I'm at the end of the 28 Weekly. If anyone wants to jump in and grab some coins my PSN is Zocano.

I'll wait a few minutes before going at Phogoth.

JJD

AWWWWWWW YISSSSSS!!!

Xur has been really good to me!

I didn't buy Suros the first time it was available because I wasn't farming strange coins. Got it now.

For some stupid reason I didn't buy Armamentarium last week even though I was farming strange coins and had around 30 of then. Bought it now.

Decided to buy a legendary engraving because I had 38 motes of light and there is nothing else better to spend then and got No Back Up Plans!!!

I'm leveling up a new Titan right now and he is going to kick ass!!! :)

This week has been really good, I even got Hardlight from the weekly nightfall!!!

BraXzy

Crest looks real nice on my Hunter but I don't see when I'd use it :/

I suppose in strikes/raid for clutch revives but I'd rather have my grenade spam and extra heavy ammo.

broony

How is Suros for PvE? I don't really play crucible and normally prefer hand cannons, but I am trying to get myself ready for the hard raid, is it worth it for me?

There might be different weightings on items, but it is most likely just an RNG from whatever pool of items is in his inventory. The probability of a particular item appearing each week is the same.

TTG

That hard for someone from Bungie to come up with a weekly schedule?

Why would they? Despite anguish from some players, in my experience a programmer will always choose to go with an algorithm over the bespoke route. It's an elegant solution, saves time(in the long run anyway) and is more or less "fair."

Second. Red Death has shown up twice.

My fault, I sometimes forget that I didn't have this game at launch.

hitme

Speaking of voidfang and Sunbros in PVP...

Equip voidfang before you spawn = instant nades
Switch back to Sunbreakers for longer solar grenades (+additional burn damages)
rinse
repeat

Now people will despise you.

JJD

Yeah, I love that I can keep the Icebreaker equipped and ready with the Shadow.

Well the thing with Ice Breaker is that you don't have to keep it equipped because you don't need to worry about ammo.

My Ice Breaker is always in the inventory. I'm usually rocking a fusion rifle. When I need a sniper I just equip Ice Breaker, chill for a few seconds and BAM 6 bullets on my clip! Lol!

If you need a sniper with other kind of elemental damage like Patience and Time then I can see keeping it equipped and running with Shadow Price instead of Suros.

Voidfang Vestments > Praxic Fire. Praxic Fire allows you to get in a grenade or two during radiance but Voidfang gives you the grenades on spawn to use whenever you damn well please. I'm pretty satisfied with the amount of grenades I get from radiance already even with the hit to disc I get wearing Voidfang which has strength on it. Radiance isn't that great of a super outside of the resurrect feature. Pop it in pvp and any smart person will stand next two your rising corpse and pump to shotty rounds into you. Radiant skin doesn't provide much damage mitigation either. You definitely can't run around throwing grenades like a lunatic. Buffing radiance marginally isn't worth stressing over.

Voidfang looks better too.

Depending on if you play PvP or PvE.
Not loving the strength on the vestment.
Play mostly PvE and I toggle Sunbreakers and Praxic with great success.

Since I don't have the Coins for Suros, I figure the best long term option is to buy an armor piece for an alt and level it up to double my coin production each week. Is that what everyone else is doing? I only have about 40 hours game time played since release and it is pretty much all on one character. I just don't feel like I have time to devote to an alt, but that may be the best strategy.

TTG

I love all this minute to minute, on the fly switching of gear and weapons talk. You should really try the PS3 version some time, hits you with a 10-30 second loading every time.

WITHE1982

Xûr has the SUROS again? Thank the RNG gods. I've been desperate to get hold of it again after missing out the last time.

Can finally ditch the legendary AR I've been stuck with for weeks.

BraXzy

I just noticed, I bought the Suros emblem for my Warlock because I disliked the start one and it looked cool. Now the companies advertising has paid off and my Warlock owns the damn thing!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I wear to god I've seen a list of gear Xur can potentially sell floating out there based on glitches and data mining, and The Last Word wasn't one of the weapons on it.

In terms of people voting for Suros Regime on twitter, did Bungie say they were actually paying attention to that? I had presumed after then Sunfire Guantlets cock up that Xurs loot was just randomly rolled each week and Bungie didn't really care what he was selling.
"the list" which hasn't yet been contradicted (which by the way, is sort of saying very little) is here: http://www.destinygamewiki.com/wiki/Xur

The Last Word is on it. items that are not include hard light, skull of dire ahamkara and young ahamkara's spine. honestly, it's a pretty sparse number that aren't on there, but there are presumably versions of knucklehead radar and alpha lupi for all three classes.

TTG

Since I don't have the Coins for Suros, I figure the best long term option is to buy an armor piece for an alt and level it up to double my coin production each week. Is that what everyone else is doing? I only have about 40 hours game time played since release and it is pretty much all on one character. I just don't feel like I have time to devote to an alt, but that may be the best strategy.

I see the dedicated players on my friends list constantly changing characters, so yea. I don't know if I can justify the time it would take to get one to level 20, at which point I will already have the legendary and exotic gear along with enough ass shards to make him/her level 28 weekly and maybe nightfall viable.

Can someone who has done this weigh in? How long does it take to go from scratch to 20 for an experienced player?

Fitts

For some stupid reason I didn't buy Armamentarium last week even though I was farming strange coins and had around 30 of then. Bought it now.

Be glad that you waited. This one has nearly 30 more points of discipline than last week's. I'm really tempted to replace mine with the one he has now, but I'm just too damn frugal/stubborn to do it.

BraXzy

Is there any solid info on how telemetries work? I grabbed a few fusion rifle ones for my Vex. Do I want to pop it before handing in bounties? Playing PvP?

Fitts

Haha crucible suros abusing dudes. Now we are on even ground, let the games begin.

It's a good performer in crucible to be certain, but I've been taking dudes down faster with hand cannons. Also, didn't Bungie mention something about nerfing it?

Zakalwe

Banned
Armour penetrating rounds on snipers should pierce Phalanx shields like the sniper rifles with AP in ME3 MP go through enemy shields.

I cannot friggin believe this crap.

I just got the Suros Regime as a drop, like friggin 3 days ago and of course ....... now Xur is selling it.

I have like 60 Strange Coins saved up. What am I going to use these on now?

So friggin lame!

TTG

Armour penetrating rounds on snipers should pierce Phalanx shields like the sniper rifles with AP in ME3 MP go through enemy shields.

Disagree, but I would like to see some difference between a crit versus regular hit on a shielded enemy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom