• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Key2001

This is what I want.
And most probably won't get. :D

[EDIT]
Btw, I've just remembered this night I dreamt that Xur was selling the whole raid set...

Is it one of the better Hunter Exotics? Haven't been able to get motivated to level my Hunter yet, perhaps some decent gear will change that

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Please share your knowledge if you know how to get that many over the next two days.

Well I only had 10 last week at this time and I managed to get to 24 before he left. You might be able to do it even though you're at 8. Or at least I hope you can, since I'm at 8 too, hahaha.
playing the absolute crap out of the game, lol, tiger strikes mainly I guess.....

just donated the 8 from my warlock, so I'd need 19 for a second roll. the first gets me......

B0s5_C3CYAAc8N3.jpg:large
well then, fuck that noise, I'll be wrecking people with pocket infinity all weekend instead

there's even a little physics animation to the spines. xur is the ultimate bro

that's one off the list.
awwwwwyeah.

Jinjo

Can anyone comment on how good the telemetries are? Thinking about buying the handcannon and fusion rifle ones for my Hawkmoon and Mythoclast. Is the xp gain significant? Does it work with bounties or only with regular play XP?

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Thanks again for the salvage bounty when salvage isn't up, Bungie. Especially since I need to hit rank 2 with crucible...

cjp

Is Voidfang worth it if I already have fully upgraded Praxic Fire?

Spawn with grenades would be nice for PvP but Praxic gives me full recharge anyway so there's never a long wait to use them...not keen on the Voidfang strength stat either.

Not sure there's any point getting Suros if it's going to get nerfed either.

Hmmmmmmmm.

TTG

How is the warlock chest? I dont know much about warlocks

I like it a lot for a Voidwalker. Obviously spawning with a fresh grenade is a huge benefit, but there's also an extra Axion Bolt. Voidfang plus Vortex Mastery(increases range) results in my favorite grenade.

Someone hiding behind cover after you knock their shield down? Axions will go around that corner and finish them. Got a contested control point? Throw your grenade in and the results range between assists to double downs. Confused by radar because you can't see the enemy that's suppose to be right next to you? Throw your grenade and watch it immediately track to where the other player is, even if it's impeded by a wall/ceiling, that's invaluable information.

Can anyone comment on how good the telemetries are? Thinking about buying the handcannon and fusion rifle ones for my Hawkmoon and Mythoclast. Is the xp gain significant? Does it work with bounties or only with regular play XP?

Yeah, the boost is pretty nice from what I've noticed. Use telemetries and then turn in your bounties for an even bigger boost!

BraXzy

Spawn with grenades would be nice for PvP but Praxic gives me full recharge anyway so there's never a long wait to use them...not keen on the Voidfang strength stat either.

Hmmmmmmmm.

What does Praxic fire do again? The grenade on spawn is crazy useful. I have the perk on my Hunter and Warlock and when I go to my Titan I hate havi g to wait for it. Plus in atrikes and stuff you can spam nades 'err day.

If you mean the auto rifle nerf, that already happened and didn't make that much difference FYI.

Jinjo

Hmmmmmmmm.

That's what everyone thought last time about Suros too and it's still a beast. People who passed on it because of a potential nerf were so mad at themselves lol.

Shito

Is it one of the better Hunter Exotics? Haven't been able to get motivated to level my Hunter yet, perhaps some decent gear will change that
It looks cool, and the perks are somewhat nice (reload special weapons faster, improved tripmine grenades, and grenade kills refill the super).
I'd say for me the best hunter exotic is Knucklehead Radar, though, but it all depends on your playstyle...

BraXzy

Damn. I never really gave the blink strike cooldown perk a go because if gugured it'd be so little that I wanted to keep invis on the stab. How wrong I've been, it's crazy quick recharge.

Voidfang Vestments are pretty good for a Voidwalker, not to mention they look dope as fuck.

Heck, the effect even applies to non-Voidwalker grenades, so if you're a Sunbro you can spawn with two grenades ready to go.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I like it a lot for a Voidwalker. Obviously spawning with a fresh grenade is a huge benefit, but there's also an extra Axion Bolt. Voidfang plus Vortex Mastery(increases range) results in my favorite grenade.

Someone hiding behind cover after you knock their shield down? Axions will go around that corner and finish them. Got a contested control point? Throw your grenade in and the results range between assists to double downs. Confused by radar because you can't see the enemy that's suppose to be right next to you? Throw your grenade and watch it immediately track to where the other player is, even if it's impeded by a wall/ceiling that's invaluable information.
it's viable for sunsinger too. a very aggressive str/dis build with this piece could be pretty baller (flame shield).

praxic fire is a great all-rounder, so it depends if you want to commit to making another build out of voidfang. i want it but I already have two exotic armor pieces for each of my classes now and I'm risking build overload here. saving ze coins.

kirby2096

Is it worth getting the Suros Regime if I already have a Shadow Price with field scout perk? It's 33 vs 42 bullets per clip to the Shadow.

TTG

Hmmmmmmmm.

I got it because it's one of three weapons I was yearning for. Now that I'm looking at it, what are they going to nerf? Not the base stats because they're essentially the same as Grim Citizen(crucible legendary), we're talking a sliver of range and some stability in exchange for reload. It's not going to be magazine size because 33 is not an overwhelming number and if they do cut in half or something, that means the crazy unique perk is activated that much sooner.

It looks to me like Hammer Forged is the thing most likely to be dropped, which is extended range. That is very much a tolerable thing to give up in my opinion, the range is already best in class. So it's not going to have the range of a scout rifle, that's ok. If they remove Focused Fire that is probably fine as well(although I haven't unlocked the perk yet, so who knows).

cjp

What does Praxic fire do again? The grenade on spawn is crazy useful. I have the perk on my Hunter and Warlock and when I go to my Titan I hate havi g to wait for it. Plus in atrikes and stuff you can spam nades 'err day.

If you mean the auto rifle nerf, that already happened and didn't make that much difference FYI.

Praxic gives a greater cool down on abilities while Radience is active, so it's pretty much non stop nades and melee when you use super. I also get the 100% discipline so the grenades recharge really quick. I mean, spawning with them would be even more useful but I don't feel constrained at the minute.

Yeah, I know the general AR nerf didn't do much but I thought there was a specific Regime nerf on the way?

That's what everyone thought last time about Suros too and it's still a beast. People who passed on it because of a potential nerf were so mad at themselves lol.

Hmm, it's tempting. With an exotic primary is have to juggle the exotic secondary's though and I quite like VoC as my primary.

Decisions descisions decisions.

I guess I'll go for a run and decide when I get back.

sparrow upgrade it is :D does it make a big difference? i got the raid one and that fucker is already fast with boost on.

don't think the upgrade works on the raid sparrow. upgraded rare sparrows are faster and more agile than timebreaker until you boost with timebreaker and leave 'em in the dust

timebreaker's contrail changes colors anyway

Zakalwe

Banned
sparrow upgrade it is :D does it make a big difference? i got the raid one and that fucker is already fast with boost on.

As the description reads, it can only be used on a rare sparrow.

Rare with upgrade:
Faster than Timebreaker with standard boost.
More manueverable with air breaks.

Timebreaker's secondary boost is the fastest you can get currently.
Timebreaker's contrail changes colours (wow)!

Voidfang Vestments > Praxic Fire. Praxic Fire allows you to get in a grenade or two during radiance but Voidfang gives you the grenades on spawn to use whenever you damn well please. I'm pretty satisfied with the amount of grenades I get from radiance already even with the hit to disc I get wearing Voidfang which has strength on it. Radiance isn't that great of a super outside of the resurrect feature. Pop it in pvp and any smart person will stand next two your rising corpse and pump to shotty rounds into you. Radiant skin doesn't provide much damage mitigation either. You definitely can't run around throwing grenades like a lunatic. Buffing radiance marginally isn't worth stressing over.

Voidfang looks better too.

BraXzy

Praxic gives a greater cool down on abilities while Radience is active, so it's pretty much non stop nades and melee when you use super. I also get the 100% discipline so the grenades recharge really quick. I mean, spawning with them would be even more useful but I don't feel constrained at the minute.

Yeah, I know the general AR nerf didn't do much but I thought there was a specific Regime nerf on the way?

Ahh yeah. That one is certainly useful, but the way I look at it is: how much time do I spend super'd on my Warlock, compared to respawning during general play? Since I play a lot of Crucible, I feel like the Voidfang work better. Ad for Suros, I don't think there are any more nerfs lined up, it's reasonably balanced now I think? It sucks that there's going to be even more knocking about now though.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Can you name more than 5 primaries excluding Vex and exclusives?
he can't sell the bounty ones either of course, but yeah, universal remote, last word, red death, suros, mida multitool, hard light makes 6- but wait what? he had to have a primary weapon this week? why?

Zakalwe

Banned
Is it just me who feels the "more dmg while zoomed" perk on the sauros makes it worse then with out?

It's better. Hands down, slower rate makes head shots much easier to place. Less bullets used means you can make the most of the huge clip.

It's a massive part of why the gun is such a beast.

Unless you don't go for head shots and just spray wherever. Maybe then you'd prefer a faster rate?

As the description reads, it can only be used on a rare sparrow.

Rare with upgrade:
Faster than Timebreaker with standard boost.
More manueverable with air breaks.

Timebreaker's secondary boost is the fastest you can get currently.
Timebreaker's contrail changes colours (wow)!

aww i assumed rare and above :(
oh well i will put it on my rare for my alt :d

Zakalwe

Banned
aww i assumed rare and above :(
oh well i will put it on my rare for my alt :d

I'm going to do that too. Used to Timebreaker on two of my characters now, the third feels like a snail when he sparrows.

he can't sell the bounty ones either of course, but yeah, universal remote, last word, red death, suros, mida multitool, hard light makes 6- but wait what? he had to have a primary weapon this week? why?

Yeh, I'm struggling with this one too...

EL CUCO

Another Xur visit, another week where the HOPF remains one of the rarest pieces of armor :)

And on a more dissapointing note, fuckin Suros... Thanks guys that voted for it on twitter -____-

______
Edit: FUUUCK I JUST PRESSED X INSTEAD of O AND BOUGHT VOID VESTMENTS. Worst Xur visit ever!

BraXzy

The upgrade is only for rare sparrows unfortunately, no light speed for you my friend!

Is it just me who feels the "more dmg while zoomed" perk on the sauros makes it worse then with out?

Yup, it's certainly been a point of discussion around the gun. I am gonna use the second one I just bought in PvP and see how it feels again, but after getting accustomed to it, the slow rate on my original one feels fine.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Is it worth getting the Suros Regime if I already have a Shadow Price with field scout perk? It's 33 vs 42 bullets per clip to the Shadow.
tough call. how much do you like that shadow price? it has a big advantage over the suros in that it's a legendary.

Yaari

Someone said he cycles through the 3 weapon slots, which suits his schedule from whst we seen since launch. Too much of an concidence not for it to be a fact

Lakitu

st5fu
Well, at least I got the Thorn this week.........

Really though, I'm loving Pocket Infinity, absolutely amazing when it's fully upgraded.

I have gotten an exotic emgram from Xur the past 4 weeks. Every time it's a hunter piece....and I'm a titan with a warlock alt.

Game is obviously telling me something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom