• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marv_79

Neo Member
One armour exotic
One weapon exotic

You can't equip two of each type.

If you don't want cosmetic items from the speaker, then exotic engrams are currently the only other way to spend them. If you get something you don't need, you can always make use of shards.
I would do two things:

Start raising an alt so you have access to more coins per week.
Buy the Armamentarium. You will eventually want multiple exotic builds for your Titan and it's a very good piece of armour.

In that case I'm gonna do this. I desperately need shards and don't care for cosmetics.

Thanks all for your help, saved from a massive blunder.

Raxus

Hope not.

No!

i6wOIWSQVtSRl.gif
There there. Maybe it will drop for you like it dropped for me!

Steroyd

Suros Regime! Which I missed the first time, I've got 2 of the 3 chests Xur is offering so that's a wash, not interested in exotic gauntlets, might spend the coins on that sparrow upgrade.

I've decided to to have my Titan have all the exotic special weapons, my Hunter all the exotic primaries and my Warlock the exotic Heavies.

Speaking of which.

Finally onto the next step of the exotic bounty which is... kill 500 enemies with a machine gun... I now understand why The Swarm exists, I hated it's slow rate of fire, which was absolutely useless in PvP, but it's a godsend in this situation where I can efficiently use bullets. The swarm I'm so sorry will you ever forgive me. T_T

Thanks you based Xur!
Alpha Lupi for my hunter and grabber two engrams that turned into Young Ahamkara's Spine and Sunbreakers.
Also received Skull of Dire Ahamkara from a legendary today although I wish I had as much luck getting The Last Word.

X-Frame

Well, looks like I'm re-buying The Armamentarium if it has 131 base Discipline. That is more than mine has now (that I grabbed last week) and mine is maxed!

EL CUCO

Contacting Destiny Servers...right at the end of The Archive mission.
ERROR CODE: ZEBRA

If you’re getting the ZEBRA error, you are hitting an issue that we deem extremely important, high-priority issue. If you hit this error we are logging the reports on the back end and are investigating.
Thanks for your patience; we are actively investigating.

6LpWZ8c.jpg

Eh tried a gauntlet engram, got No Back Up Plans. Now I've got that and Helm of Saint 14.

I really need to level up my Titan alt now.

You will have a LOT of fun with S14. The blindness effect on your ward is one of the coolest things in game and rocks in PvE. :D

Disappointed with Xur, guess I'm saving my 80 coins...or will get a sparrow upgrade. Does anyone know if the blue upgrade gives the blue contrail. It#s mysteriously omitted from the description.

Zakalwe

Banned
You will have a LOT of fun with S14. The blindness effect on your ward is one of the coolest things in game and rocks in PvE. :D

Disappointed with Xur, guess I'm saving my 80 coins...or will get a sparrow upgrade. Does anyone know if the blue upgrade gives the blue contrail. It#s mysteriously omitted from the description.

Use some of those 80 coins for science.

GAF - is Suros worth it? I have a fully upgraded Shadow Price?

Bear AR in the game currently.

Depends if you can afford the exotic primary slot.

X-Frame

I hear the Voidfang Vestments are actually better for the Sunsinger?

The stat roll doesn't seem good though, I'm hesitant on buying it "for my collection" when I already have 3 exotics for my Warlock alt, including Praxic Fire. Spawning with grenade energy sounds awesome but I may hold off for a higher stat roll.

Can anyone confirm what the stat roll was last week for them?

EDIT: Found it -- this week's 108 to 2 week ago getting 111, so no significant difference.

void666

Banned
Xur i'm disappointed.
Oh well, got the hunter chest.
Gotta catch em all i guess. Already have everything else.
Saving my motes to buy a new fancy cloak.
I have 68 coins still.

anddo0

i'm passively doing pve and pvp bounties and putting the experience towards factions and exotics. by passively i mean if it's a mission, strike or map i don't enjoy playing on, i don't bother with it.

i've settled into a decent routine:

tuesday - dailies, raids, weekly's, nightfall, then whatever else
wednesday - dailies, leftovers from yesterday (helping others on my alt, etc.)
thursday - dailies
friday - dailies, Xur, leftovers from the week, etc.
saturday - dailies
sunday - dailies
monday - dailies

what keeps the daily grind fresh for me is the size of my friend's list. i have at least 4 different groups i'll jump around between and then random groups, so every lobby is different.

it's enough to keep me logging on every day, if only for an hour or two. i've definitely already seen the content, but i'm more bored with the variety of the missions and gametypes themselves than the locations.

That's pretty much what Destiny has become for me. I sprinkle in a few easy bounties, but my overall playtime has taken a steep decline.

I've yet to hit 30, so the carrot on the stick is still there. I fear however, when I finally reach 30, it will be anticlimactic. The randomness of it all has sucked away any sense of accomplishment it would have brought.

GAF - is Suros worth it? I have a fully upgraded Shadow Price?

If coins aren't abundant for you (like if you buy Suros now you probably won't be able to buy a weapon next week) then don't buy it. The Shadow Price is a fine fine auto rifle and the Suros isn't "exotic" enough to occupy a slot.

I'll buy Suros to have it but I don't imagine using it very much. Why would I have the Suros on instead of IceBreaker or Gjallarjorn? ... ever?. In PvP I'd rather use Shadow Price or Galahad-E with Invective or Gjallarhorn

Should I buy Suros if I already have Atheon's epilogue which I like very much?

Yes. More accurate and controlled fire.

Well, already got Voidfang Vestments from his previous sale. And got Heart of the Praxic Fire from one of his engrams last week. And got Suros the first time. And got Sunbreakers as well.

So nothing for me this time it seems.

I do have a Mythoclast to finish upgrading. Still need XP for the last 4 damage upgrades. How much will using a telemetry thingy for FR help with this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom