• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Holy shit I'm tired of people taking a third point on control and letting the other team take what we currently have when it's the best 2 to hold.

Acorn

It's a good performer in crucible to be certain, but I've been taking dudes down faster with hand cannons. Also, didn't Bungie mention something about nerfing it?
Yep they did, but they should be buffing my other exotics so it all works out

Fitts

I cannot friggin believe this crap.

I just got the Suros Regime as a drop, like friggin 3 days ago and of course ....... now Xur is selling it.

I have like 60 Strange Coins saved up. What am I going to use these on now?

So friggin lame!

Buy armor -> get shards...?

JJD

Be glad that you waited. This one has nearly 30 more points of discipline than last week's. I'm really tempted to replace mine with the one he has now, but I'm just too damn frugal/stubborn to do it.

Wow, that's great! I didn't notice that difference! :-D

These seem... meh?
Does anyone use them?
No backup plans seems nice for fusion rifles I guess.
EYJPqZR.png

BraXzy

Bungie, please give me a material converter! My alts are srarving for essence and steel, yet my hunter is buried under 1500 strands of wire.

Nodnol

Holy shit I'm tired of people taking a third point on control and letting the other team take what we currently have when it's the best 2 to hold.

That problem exists in all forms of control/domination.

It's such a simple concept; you only need two points to win, and spawns are predictable. Flipping the spawns can result in losing a match. Call of Duty is the worst for this.

Zakalwe

Banned
Disagree, but I would like to see some difference between a crit versus regular hit on a shielded enemy.

Why? It's not like they're difficult to kill anyway, and currently AP is a bit underwhelming.

So much fun mowing down shielded enemies with AP in ME3. Plus the trade off for AP is usually something great like Field Scout. Would be extremely handy to have the option for Cabal strikes with the angry modifier. Would give AP a really nice niche to be used in.

Acorn

Are the telemetry things worth it?

Dunno whether to buy some to speed up last words upgrades or hope I get 7 coins before Sunday for the sparrow upgrade.

Ridwald

I see the dedicated players on my friends list constantly changing characters, so yea. I don't know if I can justify the time it would take to get one to level 20, at which point I will already have the legendary and exotic gear along with enough ass shards to make him/her level 28 weekly and maybe nightfall viable.

Can someone who has done this weigh in? How long does it take to go from scratch to 20 for an experienced player?

From my experience, it took me someting like 12 hours to go from 1 to 20 with my warlock. And i didn't rush the thing to much, at all. A friend of mine is leveling his new hunter and has 5 hours playtime for level 14. That's really not long to especially when you have finished your objectives for the day with your main character.

hydruxo

Damn what a disappointing weekend from Xur for me. Already have Alpha Lupi and Suros, and a gauntlet engram doesn't interest me. Guess I'll just have to save my coins & motes.

Are the telemetry things worth it?

Dunno whether to buy some to speed up last words upgrades or hope I get 7 coins before Sunday for the sparrow upgrade.

Not sure about the exact amount they help but I got my bad juju to string of curses using a couple and claiming a couple sets of bounties and having it equipped at the end of the daily.

If I had to guess it increases xp gain between 20 and 50%

Ambitious

I'm short of three coins for the Suros. But I also need to do 15 more strikes for the Bad Juju bounty; my chance to get at least one or maybe two coins out of them can't be that bad.

Damn what a disappointing weekend from Xur for me. Already have Alpha Lupi and Suros, and a gauntlet engram doesn't interest me. Guess I'll just have to save my coins & motes.

You mean best weeknd ever because I got exotic gauntlets for my Titan from that engram that will let me get to 30!

Zakalwe

Banned
I'm short of three coins for the Suros. But I also need to do 15 more strikes for the Bad Juju bounty; my chance to get at least one or maybe two coins out of them can't be that bad.

How many hours do you have between now and Saturday eve?

Could raise an alt for a guaranteed three coins...

yup.

spawned on the good side and had the lead for most of the game. then guess what happened?

790e22ddae74376a54f3b1fc083c5b21.png

next time i'll just follow my instinct and not play blind watch

hydruxo

You mean best weeknd ever because I got exotic gauntlets for my Titan from that engram that will let me get to 30!

Haha nice dude!

Actually now that I think about it...I could get a second Suros and not upgrade it for PvP. Buuut it'll probably get nerfed soon so I'm leaning towards not doing that haha.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Definitely agree, I'm not going to bother with armor engrams, the risk of getting the same items or a different class item is just too high. Not going to waste my motes of light.
if you know what all the options are, you can limit your risk. there is only one exotic gauntlet per class, so if you don't have any of them, there is no chance of a duplicate.

Zakalwe

Banned
yup.

spawned on the good side and had the lead for most of the game. then guess what happened?

next time i'll just follow my instinct and not play blind watch

Whenever I play control, I view my own team as part of the challenge I need to manage and overcome.

TTG

From my experience, it took me someting like 12 hours to go from 1 to 20 with my warlock. And i didn't rush the thing to much, at all. A friend of mine is leveling his new hunter and has 5 hours playtime for level 14. That's really not long to especially when you have finished your objectives for the day with your main character.

Good to know, thanks.

i bought the gauntlets for my hunter and hopped on my warlock to try and game the system into giving me something for hunters or titans.

gave me sunbreakers.

https://twitter.com/Bungie/status/525369856976519168?s=09

This tweet from Bungie makes me feel that Suros was definitely put in by them. Many people asked for it.

Damn twitter users. Seriously? Suros? What a waste of a week's weapon option. Anyone with any sense uses better legendary weapons in their primary slot. VoC or AE to name two. Was really hoping more people would have Gjallar this week so I'd stop having to fill in whatever role people can't handle without it in the raid.

"We can't handle left conflux, can you solo right since you have Gjallar?"

FFS man. Gjallar would've been SO MUCH BETTER a choice than Suros. Twitter, you fail.

Marv_79

Neo Member
Dilemma!

Needs some help deciding please GAF. I have a lvl 27 Titan and I already have an exotic helmet, so that’s 1 of my 2 exotic slots gone, I only have 13 strange coins, so don’t have enough for the Suros Regime auto rife and there’s no way I’m going to get another 10 by Sunday. So do I save my coins till next week or buy the Armamentarium exotic chest armour and use my last exotic slot? I’m leaning towards waiting till next week.
I also have 24 motes, are the exotic engrams worth getting? Seem like a bit of a gamble to me.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Dilemma!

Needs some help deciding please GAF. I have a lvl 27 Titan and I already have an exotic helmet, so that’s 1 of my 2 exotic slots gone, I only have 13 strange coins, so don’t have enough for the Suros Regime auto rife and there’s no way I’m going to get another 10 by Sunday. So do I save my coins till next week or buy the Armamentarium exotic chest armour and use my last exotic slot? I’m leaning towards waiting till next week.
I also have 24 motes, are the exotic engrams worth getting? Seem like a bit of a gamble to me.

good way to look at the exotic engram this week...

it can be one of the following:
-sunbreakers
-young ahamkara's spine
-no backup plans

if you want all or two of those, the odds are in your favor. if not, it's a 1/3 chance to get what you want.

edit: got confused at the first bit, sorry- you can only have one exotic armor piece equipped.

Dilemma!

You can only have 1 exotic armor and 1 exotic weapon.
You can't have 2 of the same type, so save your coins.

Acorn

Not sure about the exact amount they help but I got my bad juju to string of curses using a couple and claiming a couple sets of bounties and having it equipped at the end of the daily.

If I had to guess it increases xp gain between 20 and 50%
Hmm decisions decisions.

Wait, does the fusion rifle telemetry work with Vex even though it's a primary?

Fitts

good way to look at the exotic engram this week...

it can be one of the following:
-sunbreakers
-young ahamkara's spine
-no backup plans

if you want all or two of those, the odds are in your favor. if not, it's a 1/3 chance to get what you want.

edit: got confused at the first bit, sorry- you can only have one exotic armor piece equipped.

Played the Xur lottery twice. Wanted Titan gauntlets since it's the last exotic for the class that I need. Got the Sunbreakers (vaulted for later) and Hunter arms. (sharded; no interest in rolling a hunter as of now)

Rahool, pls.

EDIT: Think I'm taking the (second) plunge on that Titan chest piece. I completely forgot how cheap armor is. I only have materials sunk into the one I have anyway, I haven't burned any shards on it, and I'm sitting on 60 strange coins.

I cannot friggin believe this crap.

I just got the Suros Regime as a drop, like friggin 3 days ago and of course ....... now Xur is selling it.

I have like 60 Strange Coins saved up. What am I going to use these on now?

So friggin lame!

I got the Suros as a reward for doing the nightfall this Tuesday.

I suppose I'll save these coins for another week.

hydruxo

Eh tried a gauntlet engram, got No Back Up Plans. Now I've got that and Helm of Saint 14.

I really need to level up my Titan alt now.

Dilemma!

You can have 2 exotic armor pieces equipped at the same time?

I thought it was 1 armor and 1 weapon at a time rather than 2 of whatever you choose.

Zakalwe

Banned
Dilemma!

One armour exotic
One weapon exotic

You can't equip two of each type.

If you don't want cosmetic items from the speaker, then exotic engrams are currently the only other way to spend them. If you get something you don't need, you can always make use of shards.

I would do two things:

Start raising an alt so you have access to more coins per week.
Buy the Armamentarium. You will eventually want multiple exotic builds for your Titan and it's a very good piece of armour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom