• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Booties

Banned
So I took a 2 day break, Raid drops every fucking time have destroyed me
This game has such a grasp over me, my mood swings are adjusted to this game (I really should fix this)

I mean Raid drops for my Warlock made me go into a semi-depression, I didn't want to power on my PS4, I just slept, stayed away from even turning on the TV

As brutal as FFXIV, it's RNG played a part, but there was always guarantees of gear dropping, sooner or later your number came up

I've been 28 since 2nd week on Warlock, yet my Hunter and Titan will match and might surpass it within a 3 week time, that is some bullshit

hahaha dude it's a video game.

Any tips for the Thorn bounty's 500 points Crucible portion?

I HATE Crucible... But want the Thorn so damn bad!

Played my first three games only at like 30ish.

Voidwalker running Atheons Epilogue/Void Hide&Seek or light beware/Void Unfriendly Giant

I'm getting destroyed :

Void shotgun in Control. Hide and slide baby.

It's a bad gun though. May get a buff to have more bullets per clip, but right now it's not as good as legendaries like TDYK.

hydruxo

I'd like to see some indepth info on telemetry packs too. I used an AR one then did 'We've woken the hive!' and some bounties and didn't notice a difference in the speed XP went up.

Yaari

probably taking too long to go through cert so they added the next patch into it.

Yeah I've seen this with other games, if they make changes it could add another 1 or 2 weeks to the process.

I don't care. Hope I can get my newborn Warlock through Atheon Normal later this weekend. :D

figpc

Neo Member
I just hit level 30 with my titans and now i am looking to go through the hard raid. willing to do any part of it. the whole thing or just the atheon checkpoint if someone has it.

Zakalwe

Banned
An AR with slow fire rate is bad and useless for me... what the point to have an AR that works like an Auto Scout.

But well my opinion.

PS. It works best without any upgrade but the damage is low in PVE.

It's damage isn't low in pve at all. That's not subjective.

The low rate/extra dmg makes it a precision shot beast. It's fair if you don't like the style of the weapon, but it is still incredibly effective in both modes even post AR nerf.

Dante316

I guess ill get the titan chest and that will motivate me to power lvl it to 20, currently its lvl 10. Mayb even run the Nightfall and weekly b4 the Tuesday reset.

LiK

Do you take advantage of "ADS does more damage + bottom half of mag does more damage" -combo? Because that shit still reks faces in like nobodies business.

I try pumping a full clip to the end but sometimes I may die before I reach it in 1v1. So it's not a tactic I rely on 100%.

E92 M3

I did it! I cheesed the nightfall solo. I'm not proud of it, and I'm sure 10 ass shards was a fitting reward. ;_;

Actually, that's a great reward. Shards are always useful.

The sooner Bungie separates the balance connection between PvE and PvP the better...

People really want Suros, a exotic weapon, to be made worse again, it's bad enough that most Auto Rifles in PvE have been made a bit underwhelming in PvE due to the critical hit damage changes.

How about making other exotics better instead, otherwise whats the point of the tiered quality system if everyone wants everything to be as bad as everything else, seems the PvP people will just want to downgrade one thing after another (Fusion rifles next?) and all the while people who play PvE are suffering because all the enemies just continue to take more and more bullets to kill.

Yes, PVP is hurting PVE dramatically. It's only logical to separate the two; I'm guessing it's a technical burden at this point. Has to be.

Tovarisc

I try pumping a full clip to the end but sometimes I may die before I reach it in 1v1. So it's not a tactic I rely on 100%.

At times I just fire off 50% of the mag so I can get directly doing combo action, good for situations where enemy is somewhat dominant because you deal extra damage right off the bat.

Also that 17, or so, bullets with ADS slow firing is more than enough to take out few player before you need reload.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Nothing again this week, got the suros from nightfall the other day. Might get the legendary sparrow upgrade thing since I'm sitting on almost 50 coins now.

LiK

At times I just fire off 50% of the mag so I can get directly doing combo action, good for situations where enemy is somewhat dominant because you deal extra damage right off the bat.

Also that 17, or so, bullets with ADS slow firing is more than enough to take out few player before you need reload.

I'll try that when I get back to using it. Currently using Gjallahorn so Suros will need to take the backseat.

Shito

I heard they occur based on a small chance every time you hand in two or more bounties at once, so never turn in a single bounty, and maybe break it up into two sets if you have 4 or 5 complete?
I love all this little myths and weird theories people develop when dealing with pure RNG. ^^ We are so afraid of randomness that we always tend to develop those kind of things, because we can't seem to deal with the fact that it is all pure luck and nothing else.

For the record: I had two exotic bounties, and both were given to me on my FIRST returned bounty of the batch I was about to return.
Shit is just pure random, stop trying to find a logic behind it guys. ^^

Tovarisc

Is the Suros much better than a maxed out shadow price and are the Hunter or titan chests any good?

If you are into slowe firing, but heavier hitting AR over bullet hose SP then Suros is light years ahead when upgraded. By many Suros is considered to be Top Tier #1 in PvP even post-patch.

Bullet hosing is still very effective tho so if into that then Suros isn't for you.

What's so good about Suros? Been using it for a bit now, and I prefer Shadow Price or Hard Light.

Last 17, or so, rounds of mag hitting like motherfucking train and ripping people apart nice and fast. Requires slightly different style of play tho if used into bullet hosing with SP or HL.

P.S. I'm not saying Spray 'n Pray isn't valid tactic, it's just most common and easiest because weapons like Suros are rare [read: only it].

WITHE1982

I did it! I cheesed the nightfall solo. I'm not proud of it, and I'm sure 10 ass shards was a fitting reward. ;_;

Congrats. I soloed it on Tuesday (took 2 attempts) but is always satisfying to do, even when you do cheese it.

I'd be cool with that reward. Better than the useless legendary which I got and ended up breaking down for 2-3 ass energy (ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻.

bosseye

Urgh, got my first exotic bounty for Thorn. Got the depleted hand cannon, gunned my way through 500 (ish) Hive on the Moon, now I've got the 500 kills in Crucible with Void damage weapons to do.

Thats going to take me ages. I've only got a rubbish Shotgun and a really slow charging fusion rifle with void damage plus I die a lot more than I kill with -2 points every time. And thats with my preferred primary!

Working on an average of say 10 kills per match and at least 10 deaths, sometimes more I'm looking at maybe 20 points per game max, so about 25-30 games minimum.

Oh well, guess it'll get my Crucible rank up too.

hydruxo

Urgh, got my first exotic bounty for Thorn. Got the depleted hand cannon, gunned my way through 500 (ish) Hive on the Moon, now I've got the 500 kills in Crucible with Void damage weapons to do.

Thats going to take me ages. I've only got a rubbish Shotgun and a really slow charging fusion rifle with void damage plus I die a lot more than I kill with -2 points every time. And thats with my preferred primary!

Working on an average of say 10 kills per match and at least 10 deaths, sometimes more I'm looking at maybe 20 points per game max, so about 25-30 games minimum.

It's so dumb. It forces you to go against your normal play style unless you already use void weapons in pvp.

LiK

If you are into slowe firing, but heavier hitting AR over bullet hose SP then Suros is light years ahead when upgraded. By many Suros is considered to be Top Tier #1 in PvP even post-patch.

Bullet hosing is still very effective tho so if into that then Suros isn't for you.

Last 17, or so, rounds of mag hitting like motherfucking train and ripping people apart nice and fast. Requires slightly different style of play tho if used into bullet hosing with SP or HL.

P.S. I'm not saying Spray 'n Pray isn't valid tactic, it's just most common and easiest because weapons like Suros are rare [read: only it].

The Suros zoomed-in sound is so damn grating tho. I got so tired of it lol

JohnIIVII

Camp control points and don't ADS with the fusion rifle, for some reason it seems to work better fired from the hip in my experience. These 2 things helped me complete that bounty pretty quickly.

Hand cannon telemetry tho
Just bought The Devil You Know, will definitely be getting the telemetry

Dat God of War shader + Voidfang.
But that default look is soo dreamy!

untitledkhelr.png

jeffc919

Was starting to get burned out on the game but getting Suros will pull me back in for a while! Didn't have the coins for it last time. Nice timing Bungie.

Deku Tree

How do I set up the Sony gold headset with Destiny?

I can hear through them, and the mic works when I do voice commands in the menus,
But doing the raid last night people told me they couldn't hear me... And when I set all sound to be output to the headphones I could only hear anybody else very faintly.

Thanks!

realcZk

Great telemetries available today, grabbed couple of each for some testing.

Xur had a better Armamentarium than he sold last week (+20 more disc) so I had to grab that again.. *shakes fist*.

And of course.... Xur was missing my No Backup Plans. But the based cryptarch gods delivered and decrypted my glove engrams into... NO BACKUP PLANS.

Level 30 is mine! Once I get my raid gloves I'm probably going to be dropping these like a bad habit though.

TTG

Get a better fusion rifle(remember blues are perfectly viable in the crucible) and go for the Rumble type. Use the fusion rifle as a primary, you'll be done in no time. For all the crying and moaning about auto rifles, there's nothing like a fusion rifle on a small map. One shot kill with no crit required and most encounters are at a range where it can be fired from the hip. I don't think I've had so many 10 kill streaks in as short a time as when I was completing that bounty.

LiK

Great telemetries available today, grabbed couple of each for some testing.

Xur had a better Armamentarium than he sold last week (+20 more disc) so I had to grab that again.. *shakes fist*.

And of course.... Xur was missing my No Backup Plans. But the based cryptarch gods delivered and decrypted my glove engrams into... NO BACKUP PLANS.

Level 30 is mine! Once I get my raid gloves I'm probably going to be dropping these like a bad habit though.

I'm glad I passed on that chest piece last week. Might pick it up this week.

gdt

Goddamit, don't have the coins for Suros! Need about 12, whats the best way to rack them up? Haven't really gotten many recently...

Just Tiger Strikes over and over?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom