• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
is pocket infinity still viable? started the exotic bounty for it last night

Goddamit, don't have the coins for Suros! Need about 12, whats the best way to rack them up? Haven't really gotten many recently...

Just Tiger Strikes over and over?

9 for weekly heroic on max difficulty

Some Bungie.net searches seem to say that it does work with bounties and it does stack with Nightfall XP bonus. It seems to be x2 XP. Not bad. Didn't realize it was a five pack of the hand cannon ones. Got to get this Thorn leveled in anticipation of that buff in the works and I know that The Last Word is gonna drop for me so I need one ready for that!

Edit: How is Suros in PvE? That is the only place I would use it. I feel like I should spend on an extoic for an alt or maybe get the plasma drive since I don't have the raid sparrow.

Wait if you buy 1 of it, it contains 5 usages?

So I took a 2 day break, Raid drops every fucking time have destroyed me
This game has such a grasp over me, my mood swings are adjusted to this game (I really should fix this)

I mean Raid drops for my Warlock made me go into a semi-depression, I didn't want to power on my PS4, I just slept, stayed away from even turning on the TV

As brutal as FFXIV, it's RNG played a part, but there was always guarantees of gear dropping, sooner or later your number came up

I've been 28 since 2nd week on Warlock, yet my Hunter and Titan will match and might surpass it within a 3 week time, that is some bullshit

Yep, 6 raids done and zero raid gear drops for me. Hell, I only got Fragment of the Prime last night on the 6th raid.

I've been at 29 with my only character for 3 weeks now, I've maxed Praxic Fire, Voidfang, and Sunbreakers. Almost maxed Light Beyond Nemesis (need shards) and on my way with Skull of the Dire Ahamkara. I've even dismantled the legendary gloves I had because I didn't like their look and maxed new ones I bought.

The game is artificially keeping me from reaching 30. It's not like I'd just stop playing if I hit 30. Still want a bunch of stuff from the game and I really enjoy playing it. The raid is still awesome fun for me. But it's really frustrating to have hit a wall.

Zakalwe

Banned
Great telemetries available today, grabbed couple of each for some testing.

Xur had a better Armamentarium than he sold last week (+20 more disc) so I had to grab that again.. *shakes fist*.

And of course.... Xur was missing my No Backup Plans. But the based cryptarch gods delivered and decrypted my glove engrams into... NO BACKUP PLANS.

Level 30 is mine! Once I get my raid gloves I'm probably going to be dropping these like a bad habit though.

Must be random for each person. Last week's Armamentarium is -20 for me.

siah

Banned
Urgh, got my first exotic bounty for Thorn. Got the depleted hand cannon, gunned my way through 500 (ish) Hive on the Moon, now I've got the 500 kills in Crucible with Void damage weapons to do.

Thats going to take me ages. I've only got a rubbish Shotgun and a really slow charging fusion rifle with void damage plus I die a lot more than I kill with -2 points every time. And thats with my preferred primary!

Working on an average of say 10 kills per match and at least 10 deaths, sometimes more I'm looking at maybe 20 points per game max, so about 25-30 games minimum.

Oh well, guess it'll get my Crucible rank up too.

I have a voidwalker warlock, so that part wasn't too difficult, as I regularly pull at least a 1.5 each match.

I am now stuck on that last strike..what a pain.

Great telemetries available today, grabbed couple of each for some testing.

Xur had a better Armamentarium than he sold last week (+20 more disc) so I had to grab that again.. *shakes fist*.

And of course.... Xur was missing my No Backup Plans. But the based cryptarch gods delivered and decrypted my glove engrams into... NO BACKUP PLANS.

Level 30 is mine! Once I get my raid gloves I'm probably going to be dropping these like a bad habit though.

I completely levelled two of them on my two Titans.

Just logged in with my Vita from work and bought two of the new ones. Wonder how many shards I will get for busting up my old ones? A bit of crying ahead, but no big deal. lol

*sniffle*

I really didn't want to start working on an alt yet.
Do not resist
You know you want to powerlevel
THE DESIRE CONSUMES YOUR MORTAL SOUL
In all seriousness, just keep doing weeklies until your brain melts
Do the story mission "Scourge Of Winter" on Venus if you haven't done so for a 100% strange coin

Spawnling

Loving Xur this week.

Nightfall I picked up The Last Word.
Last night's Raid picked up Mythoclast.

Xur has Hand Cannon Telementary and Fusion Rifle Telementary, and I picked up the chest piece I wanted for my Hunter.

Haybro

How do I set up the Sony gold headset with Destiny?

I can hear through them, and the mic works when I do voice commands in the menus,
But doing the raid last night people told me they couldn't hear me... And when I set all sound to be output to the headphones I could only hear anybody else very faintly.

Thanks!

I have this same issue with mine. The only way it seems to work for me is if I have the headset plugged into the headphone jack of the controller.

I can hear through them, and the mic works when I do voice commands in the menus,
But doing the raid last night people told me they couldn't hear me... And when I set all sound to be output to the headphones I could only hear anybody else very faintly.

Thanks!

Well there is a bug where your mic just stops working in Destiny. I find resetting the PS4 instead of putting it into standby fixes that. The volume on the front of the headset will change the balance of voice and game sound, so if you push the bottom half of the button you will hear your friends better.

I'm sticking with the 42 mag Shadow Price. A big plus is that it doesn't take up your exotic slot.
Gave suros to an alt. Both are great for PvP.

I really want these. First engram gave me another set of sunbreakers :s. One more mote for a second try.
aTEPjwo.jpg

WITHE1982

Thanks!

On the back (or could be front I can't remember) there's a button marked chat/sound. If you hit the chat button a few times it lowers game volume and increases chat.

That's how I solved the exact same problem.

Also make sure your mic level is up high enough in your PS4 settings: settings/devices/audio devices

I'm sticking with the 42 mag Shadow Price. A big plus is that it doesn't take up your exotic slot.

I really want these. First engram gave me another set of sunbreakers :s. One more mote for a second try.

I got mine on my second try. They look cool as shit. B)

Means I have to upgrade my raid helmet to wear them though. Ugh.

Sullichin

My fucking coins.. fuck....

Not really into ARs but feel like I should have the Suros in my arsenal. Would take all of my coins.

I already have two loadouts for my Warlock, one with Sunbreakers and one with Light Beyond Nemesis. Have Apotheosis Veil as well.

Was hoping for Gjhallahorn or The Last Word.. but I'm no good at saving my shit. I think I'll get Suros.

Spawnling

What's the fastest way to level an alt peeps?

Have a bunch of Legendaries/Exotic Armor saved in your Vault for when they hit level 20. I had a full set of purple/yellow for my Titan, went from 20 to 1 point away from 26 with no leveling.

As for 1-20? Play through story mode and cash in on bounties, do the strikes.

My fucking coins.. fuck....

Not really into ARs but feel like I should have the Suros in my arsenal. Would take all of my coins.

I already have two loadouts for my Warlock, one with Sunbreakers and one with Light Beyond Nemesis. Have Apotheosis Veil as well.

Was hoping for Gjhallahorn or The Last Word.. but I'm no good at saving my shit. I think I'll get Suros.
Lose your individuality
Suros Regime ®

Deku Tree

On the back (or could be front I can't remember) there's a button marked chat/sound. If you hit the chat button a few times it lowers game volume and increases chat.

Also make sure your mic level is up high enough in your PS4 settings.

I couldn't find those settings, can someone tell me where are they? Thanks!

gdt

Do not resist
You know you want to powerlevel
THE DESIRE CONSUMES YOUR MORTAL SOUL
In all seriousness, just keep doing weeklies until your brain melts
Do the story mission "Scourge Of Winter" on Venus if you haven't done so for a 100% strange coin

Wat?

100% strange coin?

Spawnling

Holy crap I didn't realize this. It's like a rock concert in my headset as I can't even hear my teammates. Thank you.

I managed to get those from nightfall, I always wanted them when I saw them during the summer but god does the abilities suck.

LiK

Wow, didn't look into that. Was wondering why people sounded so low to me compared to game audio. This will help me hear Zoba better. He sounded way low.

Goddamit, don't have the coins for Suros! Need about 12, whats the best way to rack them up? Haven't really gotten many recently...

Just Tiger Strikes over and over?

The Weekly Heroic level 28 = 9 strange coins if you havent done that. Otherwise what was told to me earlier was to do the strike playlist and hope for the best with decoded Engrams and rewards.

Also the first time you do a Public Event for the day you may get one when you go back to the tower.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Not a good Xur visit for me. I want Suros but not enough to risk falling short on coins if he has TLW next week. Same with the Hunter armor, I'd rather wait for Knucklehead Radar to come around.

realcZk

Didn't know that the increased duration of Force Barrier from No Backup Plans stacks with Relentless. I still think running Bastion is probably better for the increased WoD and +2 armor...

I just don't know how a melee defender build will work in the hard raid but I'll give it a try. I'm usually not close enough to melee, for my own saftey.

WITHE1982

Wow, didn't look into that. Was wondering why people sounded so low to me compared to game audio. This will help me hear Zoba better. He sounded way low.

It's surprising how many people don't know about it. I only know as I read the entire manual online while I was waiting 2 weeks for my Gold headset to turn up.

jay23

I can't believe bungie actually listened to people on Twitter, it was really stupid to bring back suros so quick. Especially after just nerfing ARs.

People were actually using different weapons. Now get ready for everything was suros in PvP again till everyone cries nerf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom