• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

realcZk

It's surprising how many people don't know about it. I only know as I read the entire manual online while I was waiting 2 weeks for my Gold headset to turn up.

How's the sound quality of those headsets? I'm tempted to purchase one mostly because it's wireless. Is it pretty comfortable for 12 hour no-life marathons?

Jito

Banned
Quit when killing the target, before triggering the next checkpoint = quick and easy access to this bounty.

I think I might just not do it, might be reaching my limit of playing the same missions over and over and over and over and over and over again.

Just had some good fun running up and down stairs in The Steppes to kill 10 Hive Majors / Ultras. There's gotta be more interesting bounties in the works, this shit feels so pointless but gotta do it to level up.

Last night I got summoned into a hard raid Aetheon cheese charity run. Got the ship, and Aetheon's Epilogue. Since I have an Aetheon kill credit on hard mode, do I now not get rewards for the regular raid until reset?

blackflag

I can't believe bungie actually listened to people on Twitter, it was really stupid to bring back suros so quick. Especially after just nerfing ARs.

People were actually using different weapons. Now get ready for everything was suros in PvP again till everyone cries nerf.

It was really dumb...how about something new.

realcZk

I can't believe bungie actually listened to people on Twitter, it was really stupid to bring back suros so quick. Especially after just nerfing ARs.

People were actually using different weapons. Now get ready for everything was suros in PvP again till everyone cries nerf.

I really think that it's all random from a loot table based on a few requirements, Bungie probably doesn't bother picking the items for Xur at all.

Not a good Xur visit for me. I want Suros but not enough to risk falling short on coins if he has TLW next week. Same with the Hunter armor, I'd rather wait for Knucklehead Radar to come around.

I feel the same way right now. But I might have to bite the bullet so I can have a PVE (nightfall, weekly, and normal raid) and PVP (and hard mode raid) outfit.

CornDogg

How's the sound quality of those headsets? I'm tempted to purchase one mostly because it's wireless. Is it pretty comfortable for 12 hour no-life marathons?

The battery probably won't last you 12 hours, but I find the sound quality and comfort level to be quite good. Very well worth it.

phen0m24

those are the two I have

nemesis pve, praxic pvp <3

I forgot I had a legendary GNU (whatever it is) Warlock helmet in the Vault!!! So that went on the warlock and (I'm a moron) I sharded the helmet. (probably should have saved it, but I need shards) Praxic Fire looks lovely on my alt female warlock. mwahaha

Thank you Dante - it looks sick!

NOW. Looks squarely at Hawkian. (with eagle eyes - hehe)

IF (hopes) I get another shot of vault-running with the crew, I'm thinking team first. If I'm going to be bubble-boy, I'd better bring the pain as well as stay alive. Going to pick up Armamentarium from Xur. Suros can wait. I think I'd rather have Red Death with my playstyle anyway.

Will be on tonight - anyone want to do the weekly heroic? Tiger strikes? I'm hitting level 3 for NM faction, picking up the legendary heavy (whatever it is) and getting more raid-ready.

I'm starting to enjoy wrapping myself in the grind.

What do you get if you run the raid again after having run it once that week? Anything?

E92 M3

Was Suros the dominant choice? I don't visit twitter. Also, it's not surprising - Bungie are trying to build a lot of good will lately. I think they sense the community turning against them.

WITHE1982

I've only used them for 5 hours max and they're pretty comfortable. I wear glasses and they still fit just fine without any major problems. Sound can be a little bit low and there's no noise cancelling so expect to hear a fair bit of background stuff but the voice/chat quality is very good.

There are a lot better headsets out there but they are probably the best you'll find for <$100

So one of the crucible bounties is for 10 salvage zone captures. But there is no salvage game mode in crucible?

I never play crucible so pardon my ignorance, I'm just doing the bounties to get these exotic gauntlets levelled so I can get to 30. I've got all the shards and helium I need!

purg3

slept with Malkin
How do I restart a mission? Trying to do a target bounty but when I start the level it puts me at the last checkpoint past him. It does it if I select restart or resume when I select the level. Do I have to finish the mission or something now and then try it again?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
I still like it, but I wish they had nerfed it to 5 ammo cap, instead of 3. Makes auto mode really short. But if you have a lot of adds in front of you (AKA woken the hive) it's really cool.

pocket infinity good for pvp?

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Edge's review of this is fantastic.

To paraphrase - it's a game that gets simple things bafflingly wrong and is needlessly complicated but has gameplay which is amongst the very best FPSs and is simply impossible to put down.

Wonder if the other reviewers should've waited a bit longer too.

So one of the crucible bounties is for 10 salvage zone captures. But there is no salvage game mode in crucible?

I never play crucible so pardon my ignorance, I'm just doing the bounties to get these exotic gauntlets levelled so I can get to 30. I've got all the shards and helium I need!
Bounty System is F'ed in the B
Salvage is a Mode that comes and goes, not regularly here

X-Frame

What is the optimal way to use the weapon telemitries?

Do I only activate the timer when I am handing in 5 bounties to maximize the XP gained and then maybe some high enemy missions for the remainder of the 30 minutes?

Havok

How do I restart a mission? Trying to do a target bounty but when I start the level it puts me at the last checkpoint past him. It does it if I select restart or resume when I select the level. Do I have to finish the mission or something now and then try it again?
Hit square/X when you're selecting the difficulty, not just at the map screen.

It's not explained very well.

blackflag

Do I only activate the timer when I am handing in 5 bounties to maximize the XP gained and then maybe some high enemy missions for the remainder of the 30 minutes?

Is activate it before turning in 5. I just did that and got a lot of XP on the Vex Mythoclast

purg3

slept with Malkin

That's what I was thinking, but I would like to know as well if there's a better way.

I have hundreds of hours logged and never knew that lol...

untitledulf09.png

I like what it does to the cloak, not so much what it does to the helmet.

WITHE1982

apparently bounty XP is not increased at all while telemitries are active. The only XP gain is from actual kills with the weapon.

That's what I was told on bungie.net.

CornDogg

I've only used them for 5 hours max and they're pretty comfortable. I wear glasses and they still fit just fine without any major problems. Sound can be a little bit low and there's no noise cancelling so expect to hear a fair bit of background stuff but the voice/chat quality is very good.

There are a lot better headsets out there but they are probably the best you'll find for <$100

According to Sony, the microphone does have noise canceling.

http://www.playstation.com/en-us/explore/accessories/audio/gold-wireless-stereo-headset/

Sony said:
High fidelity 7.1 virtual surround sound breathes new life into the urban jungles and alien worlds you explore, while the internal noise cancelling microphone makes it easy to connect with your friends and teammates.

Ah, can you charge it while using? Long cable?

The cable that comes with it is fairly short. However, the charging point is a standard micro USB, so I've charged the headset while using it by using my phone charger outlet adapter + cable.

Go to the map, highlight the mission you want, hit the square button (X for xb1) then set the difficulty to easy. Start the mission and then immediately go back to orbit. Now start the mission again but this time choose the hard version. It should now be reset. Normally just hitting the "restart" button will work but if it bugs out and keeps putting you back in the same spot, just use the above method to fix it.

realcZk

Uses the same charging cable as a PS4 controller so not very long but you can easily find longer cables fairly cheaply online.

The cable that comes with it is fairly short. However, the charging point is a standard micro USB, so I've charged the headset while using it by using my phone charger outlet adapter + cable.

Thanks guys, that should work. I'm pretty close to the TV anyhow because I'm blind without my glasses and I don't like to play with them on.

I'm sticking with the 42 mag Shadow Price. A big plus is that it doesn't take up your exotic slot.
Gave suros to an alt. Both are great for PvP.

I really want these. First engram gave me another set of sunbreakers :s. One more mote for a second try.

Engram got me those =( I am a Warlock seeking Sunbreakers.

purg3

slept with Malkin

Go to the map, highlight the mission you want, hit the square button (X for xb1) then set the difficulty to easy. Start the mission and then immediately go back to orbit. Now start the mission again but this time choose the hard version. It should now be reset.

Cool, thanks.

And damn, field scout with the bonus heavy weapon ammo skills from the raid gear with Corrective Measure is so damn good. Holy shit, so much heavy ammo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom