• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if today is the day that Xur became of little to no use to me.

There's very little left in the way of weapons that I care about. Hawkmoon would be cool, but he won't be selling that since it's PS exclusive.

Only armor piece I would think about putting on is the raid chest piece even though I am at 30 now.

Looks like I will be saving most of my coins now. May be useful again when the expansion hits.

Anyone know what the coin cap is?

Jito

Banned
There are not "so many things to explore" in this game. Once youv'e explored every patrol eare once you've seen it all, and once you've amassed the materials you need you don't need chest runs.

The other bounties you have that can be completed in patrol areas take less than half an hour to complete (100 kills, 10 fallen leaders, etc...), so that's one PE done. After that, if you don't need materials you're literally jsut standing around in an area you /only/ need the PE for.

And when the events themselves sometimes don't spawn correctly it can become frustrating.

It's not fun waiting in low level areas with nothing to do but hope your PE spawns correctly (or that your kill target doesn't just teleport to the final checkpoint before you get a chance to down it). That's not exactly fun design. Not sure why you're defending it so adamantly.

Thanks guy, I'm glad someone understood my complaints and didn't just shoot them down instantly. Some people are awfully defensive over clearly pretty shit game mechanics, yes the events work with patrol and bounties, but overall each of them could drastically be improved. No idea what he meant saying there's plenty to explore, the over world areas are extremely static and empty.

I wonder if today is the day that Xur became of little to no use to me.

There's very little left in the way of weapons that I care about. Hawkmoon would be cool, but he won't be selling that since it's PS exclusive.

Only armor piece I would think about putting on is the raid chest piece even though I am at 30 now.

Looks like I will be saving most of my coins now. May be useful again when the expansion hits.

Anyone know what the coin cap is?

There probably is not a coin cap since it is an inventory item.

ethomaz

Banned
Yes, it's a huge difference this week. Basically Xur brings random exotic engrams to the Cryptarch each Friday and anything can be rolled per class and with different stats. All the Sunbreakers had different stats.

So if you want to min/max it's something to look into it because eventually Xur will always be bringing duplicates as there aren't that many exotics.
There is a different exotic not showed yet for Warlock :p

Just power through main game and do bounties at same time.
I wish nightfall buff was shared accross acount.

Yeah, took me 7.5 hours this way. For anyone wondering, make sure to do all the story missions on the heroic/harder difficulty level for more XP. I did very little Crucible, maybe enough for 5 bounties total.

LiK

I don't get the fascination with cosmetic crap, like buying something to have a blue contrail. All I care about is stats, what stats are best for my current build, what stats are the best for wrecking the enemy set I'm currently chasing.

I keep seeing people talk about cosmetic stuff and it's like ?!???. Strap a dildo-shaped turd to my head, and as long as the stats are the best out there for my current activity, I could care less.

You're better off without it. Get yourself a VoC or AE and an exotic RL and you'll never even equip Suros again. I sure don't.

To each their own. Some people want to customize their gear to make it more visually appealing to them especially if you're looking at the same crap for hours.

Ourobolus

Banned
But can't I just do that with the Crucible Quartermaster?

You have to level up specific factions to purchase things from their respective vendors.
Code:
[U]Faction            -  How to level                 // How to purchase[/U]
Crucible Faction - No Faction item equipped // Takes Crucible Marks
Vanguard Faction - No Faction item equipped // Takes Vanguard Marks
Dead Orbit/New Monarchy/FWC - Faction item equipped // Takes Crucible Marks

Tovarisc

Glove engrams thats why :)

Just in case someone missed out on those 3 or was it 4 times when he was selling sunbro gauntlets.

Wait, suros is getting nerfed again?

Don't act like latest general AR nerf did anything to Suros.

Patch made so little changes to how AR's work that up most top tier [read: Suros] barely got any dent to its performance. It's still best weapon for PvP and deserves to get toned down bit more.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So I took a 2 day break, Raid drops every fucking time have destroyed me
This game has such a grasp over me, my mood swings are adjusted to this game (I really should fix this)

I mean Raid drops for my Warlock made me go into a semi-depression, I didn't want to power on my PS4, I just slept, stayed away from even turning on the TV

As brutal as FFXIV, it's RNG played a part, but there was always guarantees of gear dropping, sooner or later your number came up

I've been 28 since 2nd week on Warlock, yet my Hunter and Titan will match and might surpass it within a 3 week time, that is some bullshit

LiK

Wait, suros is getting nerfed again?

From what I know, there is no confirmation that the Suros is being nerfed again atm. That's just a guess from what Bungie said about it recently. They already fucked with the stability and made it less effective. It's gonna be trash if they nerf it again.

A lot of dudes are using Fusion Rifles anyway. They love the one-shot kills. ARs are less of a problem in PVP from my experience.

MADGAME

Wait seriously? Bungie what in the flying fuck are you doing. Why does this weeks Armamentarium have more discipline than last weeks? Having random stats on buyable exotics? The fuck bungie..

I've had several duplicate exotic armor drops, and all have significantly varying stats.

Helm of Saint - 82 and 100 discipline
Crest of Alpha Lupi - 110 and 137 Intellect

3 Raid Helmets - Strength 87 and 112, and another with 87 Discipline

Always a good idea to check the stats on duplicate armor and if Xur sells something with a substantial difference, may be worth spending the coin if you have it.

void666

Banned
Xur or any other npc should sell armor mods. Stuck with useless "carry more ammo for pulse rifles" perk? Buy an auto rifle mod.
But i guess the RNGods wouldn't approve it.

Why does everyone keep saying Suros is getting nerfed?

The last patch already nerfed auto rifles and I don't recall them ever talking about nerfing suros specifically.

hydruxo

So I took a 2 day break, Raid drops every fucking time have destroyed me
This game has such a grasp over me, my mood swings are adjusted to this game (I really should fix this)

I mean Raid drops for my Warlock made me go into a semi-depression, I didn't want to power on my PS4, I just slept, stayed away from even turning on the TV

As brutal as FFXIV, it's RNG played a part, but there was always guarantees of gear dropping, sooner or later your number came up

I've been 28 since 2nd week on Warlock, yet my Hunter and Titan will match and might surpass it within a 3 week time, that is some bullshit

Sounds like you need longer than a 2 day break man. I've played everyday since launch but I never let it stress me out or anything.

Tovarisc

From what I know, there is no confirmation that the Suros is being nerfed again atm. That's just a guess from what Bungie said about it recently. They already fucked with the stability and made it less effective, it's gonna be trash if they nerf it again.

It's barely less effective than pre-AR nerf. If they nerf it again it fall more in line with rest of AR's, but as of now it outperforms every primary weapon out there. Even "most imbalanced shit ever", also known as Mythoclast.

Why people act like AR nerf somehow dropped Suros from number 1 spot of Top Tier?

Doesn't seem worth buying anything from Xur this week for me. I'm a Hunter and I'm waiting for Knucklehead to drop again. Currently I have The Mask of the Third Man on.

Though I am debating is it worth it to buy Alpha Lupi Crest just so I can have separate PVE and PVP loadouts.

Do most people switch armor when they go into PVE or PVP or to make it easier do you just wear the same armor loadout?

Also how effective are telementries? I am thinking of buying a few for hand cannons and waiting until I get the Hawkmoon to use it and help level it up.

Yaari

The last patch already nerfed auto rifles and I don't recall them ever talking about nerfing suros specifically.

It's based on this quote from the Weekly update.

Mythoclast should be a valid choice in PVP, but should not be the optimal choice. This aligns it with our philosophy on Exotics throughout the rest of the game. We don’t want any one Exotic to be the only answer to the question “what should I bring into PVP.” Suros Regime, for instance, is still too effective in PVP compared to other Exotics.

LiK

It's barely less effective than pre-AR nerf. If they nerf it again it fall more in line with rest of AR's, but as of now it outperforms every primary weapon out there. Even "most imbalanced shit ever", also known as Mythoclast.

Why people act like AR nerf somehow dropped Suros from number 1 spot of Top Tier?

It's definitely no longer as good. I used to be super effective with it but it's less good now. Still useful for PVE but for PVP, I find myself trading deaths with guys in 1v1 with it more often. The only good thing is my SP can take out Suros guys in 1v1 way more often.

Any tips for the Thorn bounty's 500 points Crucible portion?

I HATE Crucible... But want the Thorn so damn bad!

Played my first three games only at like 30ish.

Voidwalker running Atheons Epilogue/Void Hide&Seek or light beware/Void Unfriendly Giant

I'm getting destroyed :

E92 M3

In last Friday's update they stated how it's still too effective. So either they make the Vex equal with in PVP or nerf it. Either way I don't need to buy it because I have the Vex. Though, with Bungie everything might be reverse and I'll feel like a fool.

ethomaz

Banned
It isn't bad though.

It's very effective, just incredibly boring.
An AR with slow fire rate is bad and useless for me... what the point to have an AR that works like an Auto Scout.

But well my opinion.

PS. It works best without any upgrade but the damage is low in PVE.

Tovarisc

It's definitely no longer as good. I used to be super effective with it but it's less good now. Still useful for PVE but for PVP, I find myself trading deaths with guys in 1v1 with it more often. The only good thing is my SP can take out Suros guys in 1v1 way more often.

Sure it got hit from nerf, all AR's did, but it's still Top Tier #1 when it comes to PvP potency in most situations. Spray 'n Pray weapons like SP can take on Suros, but if it's shooting you to head he will take you out before Spray gets job done.

Just like pre-nerf.

But that is just how I see Suros atm :b

it blows my mind when someone gets a kd ratio of .13

I have seen people with KDR of .0X so there is that.

Does anyone have the stats on weapon telemetry? Is it something like x4 XP for your weapon? I wouldn't mind completing 5 bounties, wait till the next day, Then turn in all 5 and run as many as possible to get my Thorn leveling kickstarted. If it is only like x2 XP that is kind of lame. I guess they are cheap though.

LiK

it blows my mind when someone gets a kd ratio of .13

Some dudes are probably just doing the Complete PVP mode bounty. No need to try hard, heh

Sure it got hit from nerf, all AR's did, but it's still Top Tier #1 when it comes to PvP potency in most situations. Spray 'n Pray weapons like SP can take on Suros, but if it's shooting you to head he will take you out before Spray gets job done.

Just like pre-nerf.

But that is just how I see Suros atm :b

I have seen people with KDR of .0X so there is that.

Headshots aren't the problem for me with any ARs in PVP. That's something people keep saying about Suros being more effective. But even with the zoomed-in dmg upgrade, the slower firerate post-nerf hurts it more, imo.

I still resort to Suros in the larger maps but I think I've grown to love SP a bit more for the smaller maps.

I've had several duplicate exotic armor drops, and all have significantly varying stats.

Helm of Saint - 82 and 100 discipline
Crest of Alpha Lupi - 110 and 137 Intellect

3 Raid Helmets - Strength 87 and 112, and another with 87 Discipline

Always a good idea to check the stats on duplicate armor and if Xur sells something with a substantial difference, may be worth spending the coin if you have it.

oh crap..lol..didn't even notice the stat difference.

I bought two of these things last week for my Titans. Will have to look at those stats!

Yaari

Anyone actually think that patch is even going to show anymore this week? Looks more likely that they delayed it to get rid of the Templar cheese aswell.

Does anyone have the stats on weapon telemetry? Is it something like x4 XP for your weapon? I wouldn't mind completing 5 bounties, wait till the next day, Then turn in all 5 and run as many as possible to get my Thorn leveling kickstarted. If it is only like x2 XP that is kind of lame. I guess they are cheap though.

Wondering this as well. Also I didn't even think it would go with bounties.

blackflag

Anyone actually think that patch is even going to show anymore this week? Looks more likely that they delayed it to get rid of the Templar cheese aswell.

Looks like it. Hopefully it includes the Vex buff. Thing is trash in PVE but still pretty great in PVP

Tovarisc

I hope they delayed patch because they realised that community doesn't give a shit about cheese fixes and RNG addititions to the game if devs leave every other bug, glitch and issue unfixed in VoG.

Read: I hope they realised that they need actually fix shit too, not just add RNG.

Headshots aren't the problem for me for any ARs in PVP. That's something people keep saying about Suros being more effective. But even with the zoomed-in dmg upgrade, the slower firerate post-nerf hurts it, imo.

Do you take advantage of "ADS does more damage + bottom half of mag does more damage" -combo? Because that shit still reks faces in like nobodies business.

Navid

The sooner Bungie separates the balance connection between PvE and PvP the better...

People really want Suros, a exotic weapon, to be made worse again, it's bad enough that most Auto Rifles in PvE have been made a bit underwhelming in PvE due to the critical hit damage changes.

How about making other exotics better instead, otherwise whats the point of the tiered quality system if everyone wants everything to be as bad as everything else, seems the PvP people will just want to downgrade one thing after another (Fusion rifles next?) and all the while people who play PvE are suffering because all the enemies just continue to take more and more bullets to kill.

Wondering this as well. Also I didn't even think it would go with bounties.

Some Bungie.net searches seem to say that it does work with bounties and it does stack with Nightfall XP bonus. It seems to be x2 XP. Not bad. Didn't realize it was a five pack of the hand cannon ones. Got to get this Thorn leveled in anticipation of that buff in the works and I know that The Last Word is gonna drop for me so I need one ready for that!

Edit: How is Suros in PvE? That is the only place I would use it. I feel like I should spend on an extoic for an alt or maybe get the plasma drive since I don't have the raid sparrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom