• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loomba

I don't get the fascination with cosmetic crap, like buying something to have a blue contrail. All I care about is stats, what stats are best for my current build, what stats are the best for wrecking the enemy set I'm currently chasing.

I keep seeing people talk about cosmetic stuff and it's like ?!???. Strap a dildo-shaped turd to my head, and as long as the stats are the best out there for my current activity, I could care less.

You're better off without it. Get yourself a VoC or AE and an exotic RL and you'll never even equip Suros again. I sure don't.

If I spend 50+ hours on a character I wanna look good.

I don't get the fascination with cosmetic crap, like buying something to have a blue contrail. All I care about is stats, what stats are best for my current build, what stats are the best for wrecking the enemy set I'm currently chasing.

I keep seeing people talk about cosmetic stuff and it's like ?!???. Strap a dildo-shaped turd to my head, and as long as the stats are the best out there for my current activity, I could care less.

You're better off without it. Get yourself a VoC or AE and an exotic RL and you'll never even equip Suros again. I sure don't.

Well I have an exotic sniper, rocket launcher, machine gun and pulse rifle. I heard good things about Suros though.

Tovarisc

Really hate first blood medal bounties.

Don't mind enforcer since they generally come naturally in larger game modes

Play Control and at start of the round rush directly towards enemy teams initial spawn location. You are very likely to caught them out guard and can score first blood rather easily.

After playing a few games with the Suros in PvP my verdict it's rather potent!

I think you meant to say that Suros is best, number 1 of top tiers, weapon in PvP?

Nooooo

Second time the Suros is up and its 23 strange coins and I have 20 :(

The last two weeks the guns were 17 coins. What cruel fate is this. How can I get 3 strange coins before he leaves? I've already done the weekly stuff.

I'll never get this bloody gun.

Just grind Tiger Strikes. You'll get some coins from blue engrams at Rahool. But grind as many as possible, the more blues the more chances of getting coins.

Alucrid

Banned

i have118 coins, with a guaranteed 27 coins a week. maybe you're just too poor?

blackflag

I don't either plus it sounds like it's getting nerfed

DiscreteCat

Neo Member
FFS. This is the 8th exotic bounty I get. It's the 8th time I get the same damn set of invecitve, thorn, and bad juju. staahhhhhhhp

I'm on 5, I abandon them now, I have too many exotics as it is.

EDIT: Woops double post sorry

I've had a similar experience, just getting those same three exotic bounties. One thing I have noticed though, is that they have appeared after handing in pretty much exclusively vanguard bounties.

A couple of days ago, someone I was playing with handed in a crucible bounty and had Pocket Infinity and No Good Advice as two of his options.

I'm thinking perhaps Thorn, Bad Juju and Invective are the only ones you can receive after handing in vanguard bounties. Does this fit with everyone else's experience?

CornDogg

Well, I picked up the Suros. Not sure how much I'll use it yet, since I have a fully upgraded VoC. Also picked up Voidfang Vestments for Voidwalker. Now I just need some legendary gauntlets to swap with my Sunbreakers when I want to switch specs.

I have 8 coins left over, which after next week's weekly, should put me back up with enough coins in case Gjallahorn makes a return. Not a bad Xur day.

Yeah but when you the discrepancy is that you've gotten 6 bounties and some people have gotten 0, it's like...why continue playing if RNG is that bad?

Exactly. I've asked myself the same question plenty of times, and every fucking time I load up the game again to play some more. It's addictive because, underneath all the RNG bullshit and connection errors, there's an immensely satisfying game. Bungie still knows how to make exciting combat.

Exactly. I've asked myself the same question plenty of times, and every fucking time I load up the game again to play some more. It's addictive because, underneath all the RNG bullshit and connection errors, there's an immensely satisfying game. Bungie still knows how to make exciting combat.

I've only been playing it to do Nightfall/Heroic Weekly, check out Xur, and level up my gear. That's it. It's a fun game but it's just stupid too.

Dammit. I need the Suros Regime. How can I go about getting 3 strange coins? I'll do the weekly for 9, but I'll still be 3 short.

So, chest farming? Any chance of getting multiples for Public Events? Any other ideas?

The drives aren't just cosmetic though. They upgrade a rare sparrow to legendary and give it new abilities. When I have the choice of contrail color during this process then it's of interest to me because I love my shit to match and look good.

JB1981

Does it take extremely long to upgrade your Crucible rep to rank 1? I have 192 marks and I'm still not at level 1. Am I doing something wrong here? I turn in bounties constantly

Does it take extremely long to upgrade your Crucible rep to rank 1? I have 192 marks and I'm still not at level 1. Am I doing something wrong here? I turn in bounties constantly

Unless your rep has been going into another faction, it should be plodding along, but yeah, it does take a while. There isn't anything like Weekly Strikes or Nightfall to give big chunks. Just grinding out matches and a few bounties.

E92 M3

Nothing interesting from Xur (Suros is getting nerfed and I have Vex post buff). I picked up a few telemetries and a heavy ammo pack for 3 coins total.

X-Frame

Wait seriously? Bungie what in the flying fuck are you doing. Why does this weeks Armamentarium have more discipline than last weeks? Having random stats on buyable exotics? The fuck bungie.

Yes, it's a huge difference this week. Basically Xur brings random exotic engrams to the Cryptarch each Friday and anything can be rolled per class and with different stats. All the Sunbreakers had different stats.

So if you want to min/max it's something to look into it because eventually Xur will always be bringing duplicates as there aren't that many exotics.

Loomba

Yes, it's a huge difference this week. Basically Xur brings random exotic engrams to the Cryptarch each Friday and anything can be rolled per class and with different stats. All the Sunbreakers had different stats.

So if you want to min/max it's something to look into it because eventually Xur will always be bringing duplicates as there aren't that many exotics.

Another terrible decision made by Bungie.

LiK

I love that Bungie tweeted yesterday asking people what they hoped Xur would sell. Probably a shitload of Suros requests lawl

I've used my Suros way less recently. Been trying to upgrade and use my Gjallahorn in PVP more often. Shadow Price works well but I need to get one with Field Scout. The smaller mag is killing me, literally.

hydruxo

Lol what?

Sorry but I like cool shit. I don't care if the cloaks from the Speaker are merely cosmetic. I bought two of them and they look badass.

As for the sparrows? You spend quite a bit of time using them, so why not add a colored trail for some flair?

Enjoy your poop brown dildo helm though!

You now get to enhance your RNG Loot grind by re-acquiring all your gear to find Best-in-Slot. Level 30 isn't the end for the truly hardcore, you get to squeeze out a few more discipline per item now.

am i the only one who hates scout rifles? been using mida multi tool between dailies and it's just so boring. wish pulse rifles were better because i like their cadence much more.

Shit, wanted those blue Gauntlet pieces for my Titan, got Young Ahamkara's Spine instead.

Oh well, they're going into my Hunter's trust fund.

I did this for my Alt Titan that is now at 26. 20 to 24 instantly. The shitty thing is you wont have the class specific armor breakdowns to be able to upgrade your legendary and exotic armor pieces. It is more than annoying to have the shards and planet/moon specific elements but not the recycled goods.

You have to use all your glimmer to buy Green pieces from your vanguard, get them through drops, and I transfer any engram from my main to my alt through the locker so he can decrypt and dismantle.

Dat grind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom