• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

E92 M3

Right now I'm rolling vanquisher viii and ice breaker. I'd like to get VoC eventually instead.

Just wondering if suros would be worth it. I know its better than vanquisher but I don't want to lose ice breaker... Guess I could always switch mid battle if I need a sniper.

I'd get it in your case. Personally, switch around weapons a lot myself.

Ugh, I get why we can't have more than one exotic piece of armor due to light level management, but seriously, can we please equip as many exotic weapons as we want? I really don't see the harm. Well, at least let us PvE's do it. The one exotic weapon load out should be a PvP only thing.

Bungie wants to keep legendaries relevant. They're doing the right thing.

hydruxo

Ugh, I get why we can't have more than one exotic piece of armor due to light level management, but seriously, can we please equip as many exotic weapons as we want? I really don't see the harm. Well, at least let us PvE's do it. The one exotic weapon load out should be a PvP only thing.

Light level for exotic armor is the same as it is for raid gear though (all are 30). I think its more that they don't want you to have all these special exotic perks at once and also to create builds around one piece.

Same goes for weapons. If you could equip all exotics, why would you ever need to use a legendary?

AngerdX

anyone that maybe could drag my alts lvl 26 arse thru the weekly 28, needed shards to lvl him up but ofc all i got was energy sigh

Gonna have to get real lucky and make 11 strange coins today somehow. I want that Suros dammit!

** I just got an ass shard and a ship from a random chest on mars. This might be my day!!

realcZk

So I've done all the Crucible and PvE bounties today, the daily and my first public event.

What are the best ways to get experience now? Looking at the strike playlists it doesn't seem like completing them give you any XP?

Just Patrol and do public events, missions and shoot a bunch of guys?

I have no patience to do Crucible, fucking hate that shit show of lag, one shot kills and other annoyances. Doing those bounties was enough.

We've woken the hive checkpoint on the moon gives the most XP in the game per minute atm from just farming kills. I've had to face thousands of thrall before to level my gear. It's painful but sometimes it must be done.

Iceman829

Xur really shouldn't have duplicate weapons before he goes through the full stash or something. I woke up excited to see his stocks and left with a bitter taste in my mouth.

I got the Titan armor through an exotic engram last week.
I've owned the Hunter chest piece for about 3 weeks now.
The exotic engram I bought turned into sunbreakers (seriously?)
I previously bought Suros the last time he sold it.

The only item I haven't owned for weeks is the Warlock armor which I bought and threw it in my closet just for collection sake.

I might try my luck with a raid tonight. If I get another pocket full of energy and/or another worthless ship I won't be turning this game on unless Xur sells something worthwhile. I'm just at my limit of being RNGed to death in this game.

I had fun playing Titanfall last night and Sunset Overdrive is out next week followed by Call of Duty and then Halo. There are plenty of other games I can run around and shoot dudes in and not have to worry about spending hundreds of hours to try and get an item I want.

Guess it's another boring Xur week. Might buy a engram for shards.

Looks like we'll have another SUROS influx this weekend. Kinda surprised so many people want it when a specific nerf for it is incoming and VoC can easily hang with it now.

Might be because of Bungie's hillbilly design making it harder to get a legendary than a exotic lolooooool.

Anyway, think I finally got my groove back with PVP....because Skirmish is awesome.

Idk if it was a good night but it feels like the low player count is so much better, much more tactical and supers are a lot less frequent and controlling. I mean, it's a bit annoying because it also means there's a lot less room for those who don't pull their weight, meaning you will be carrying your team A LOT (don't think I had a single positive teammate last night) but it's still fun.

Also da duck, that Dammerung FR is obscene. Shits all over 77 wizard and I think it's nearly approaching broken status. I feel so bad for all those shotgun rushers whose fun I killed last night. I also still have a quicker charge time upgrade to unlock as well...

We've woken the hive checkpoint on the moon gives the most XP in the game per minute atm from just farming kills. I've had to face thousands of thrall before to level my gear. It's painful but sometimes it must be done.

Oh yeah!!! That would be perfect. Just do it on easy since XP given doesn't change and just make sure not to kill the knight. Right?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
4 helms per class?
3 chests?

I thought it was 3 helms and 2 chests.
it's not quite so equitable as all that. presumably there is a version of Knucklehead Radar and Crest of Alpha Lupi for each class (listed on the wiki, and Xur has thus far stocked a Titan and a Hunter version of Alpha Lupi), which renders them a bit unique. Then, the exotics-per-type isn't the same for each class.

all of the knowledge we have to draw on is found here: http://destinygamewiki.com/wiki/Exotic - some items are obviously not in-game yet though.

take chests:
Hunters have Lucky Raspberry and Alpha Lupi.
Titans have The Armamentarium and Alpha Lupi
Warlocks have Voidfang Vestments, Heart of the Praxic Fire and (again, presumably for now) Alpha Lupi

but helms:
Hunters have Achlyophage Symbiote, Mask of the Third Man, and Knucklehead Radar
Warlocks have Apotheosis Veil, Skull of Dire Ahamkara, Light Beyond Nemesis and (presumably) Knucklehead Radar
Titans have Helm of Saint-14, Insurmountable Skullfort, Helm of Inmost Light, and (presumably) Knucklehead Radar

Hunters have Young Ahamkara's Spine
Titans have No Backup Plans
Warlocks have Sunbreakers

i don't think I forgot anything... yeah, confusing stuff, but there you go

edit: whoops, claws of ahamkara isn't in the game yet. so okay still 1 in 3. i'll check my other numbers.

The only Vault activity I've done this week is cheesing Hard mode Aetheon, but b.net shows my Raid progress as 1/4 on both difficulty levels is that normal?

Also, are the Telemetries that Xur sells any good? I'd love to level up Plan C real quick.

TRios Zen

Blowing my load on Xur today. Hunter Chest, Titan Chest, and Suros. Might even roll dice on guantlets.

Will be Strange Coin broke in a while.

Anyone used the Telemetry packs that Xur sells?

I just picked up the Devil You Know, and had the Thunderlord machine gun drop the other week as well. Was thinking it'd be nice to get these leveled as quick as possible, so the telemetry packs sound interesting.

I'm not sure how they work though. It says it's a 30 minute consumable, so I'm figuring it works kind of like the glimmer boosts - but how does this work with the XP. Kills need to be performed with the weapon I'd assume. Would bounties also get a boost for the XP given to those particular guns?

If anyone has used them before and could offer more explanation I'd appreciate it.

realcZk

Oh yeah!!! That would be perfect. Just do it on easy since XP given doesn't change and just make sure not to kill the knight. Right?

I've been doing it on Hard (level 9)...but if the XP doesn't change at all then easy would be better. We've been doing it in parties of 3 but its pretty efficient solo with an AR/mythoclast. The faster the better! And yep, just dont kill the knight and let him kill you. Kill the major enemies for 70 xp each afaik.

E92 M3

The only Vault activity I've done this week is cheesing Hard mode Aetheon, but b.net shows my Raid progress as 1/4 on both difficulty levels is that normal?

Also, are the Telemetries that Xur sells any good? I'd love to level up Plan C real quick.

If you did hard first it counted for normal as well. And I buy telemtries - they're pretty nice if you're looking for a quick boost.

word.

Hunter one is good for special weapon-centric gunslinger builds that can use tripmine grenades effectively. it's perfect for my pocket infinity build, can't wait to upgrade it and get into the crucible... If you have any kind of potential build like this in mind, awww yeah.

Otherwise, it's objectively one of the weaker hunter exotics.

No Backup Plans... pff, if you like punching things and have Defender maxed out this sounds like an incredibly fun exotic to me.

er, but, other in addition to which?

I picked up the Lucky Raspberry a while ago but only just recently maxed it out and tbh it's pretty damn good. Not sure if you use it. This week's chest is the only exotic Hunter piece I don't have so I'm happy.

hydruxo

it's not quite so equitable as all that. presumably there is a version of Knucklehead Radar and Crest of Alpha Lupi for each class (listed on the wiki, and Xur has thus far stocked a Titan and a Hunter version of Alpha Lupi), which renders them a bit unique. Then, the exotics-per-type isn't the same for each class.

all of the knowledge we have to draw on is found here: http://destinygamewiki.com/wiki/Exotic - some items are obviously not in-game yet though.

take chests:
Hunters have Lucky Raspberry and Alpha Lupi.
Titans have The Armamentarium and Alpha Lupi
Warlocks have Voidfang Vestments, Heart of the Praxic Fire and (again, presumably for now) Alpha Lupi

but helms:
Hunters have Achlyophage Symbiote, Mask of the Third Man, and Knucklehead Radar
Warlocks have Apotheosis Veil, Skull of Dire Ahamkara, Light Beyond Nemesis and (presumably) Knucklehead Radar
Titans have Helm of Saint-14, Insurmountable Skullfort, Helm of Inmost Light, and (presumably) Knucklehead Radar

gauntlets... crap, I forgot warlocks have an extra gauntlet piece... so Xur's engram is actually a 1 in 4, my bad

Hunters have Young Ahamkara's Spine
Titans have No Backup Plans
Warlocks have Claws of Ahamkara and Sunbreakers

i don't think I forgot anything... yeah, confusing stuff, but there you go

I've never seen/heard of a Warlock or Titan with Knucklehead Radar. Same for Warlock with Alpha Lupi. Sounds like a mistake on that wiki.

Jito

Banned
There are so few exotic items in the game that Xur is always going to be repeating them. You'll have to get the DLC to get new ones folks ;)

E92 M3

Guys - is it normal for the increase in heavy ammo from the raid boots to not work with LMGs? My corrective measure can still only hold 300 max.

So that Aetheon kill used up both chances to get weapons/exotics? Bummer. So in the future I should complete Normal before I run Hard?

You got loot for both.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I've never seen/heard of a Warlock or Titan with Knucklehead Radar. Same for Warlock with Alpha Lupi. Sounds like a mistake on that wiki.
hmm okay, you must be right, at least so far there's no evidence, so that's 2 fewer options for helm and 1 fewer for helm

if you had hawkmoon, ice breaker and gjallarhorn equipped at once the raid might as well drop all the loot for you as soon as you load into it

If you already have all three of those weapons leveled, what does it matter? You are clearly dumping a shit load of time in the game and raids have probably been easy for you for a while. Isn't part of the fun of getting all the best gear in games with loot is to finally feel empowered and OP against stuff that previously felt super difficult?

hydruxo

hmm okay, you must be right, at least so far there's no evidence, so that's 2 fewer options for helm and 1 fewer for helm

I will say that it makes sense for those to be for all classes because the perks aren't specific to any subclasses, but I've just never seen any of the other variations you mentioned in-game.

ocean

Banned
So that Aetheon kill used up both chances to get weapons/exotics? Bummer. So in the future I should complete Normal before I run Hard?
You used up both chances but got twice the loot. Statistically there is no difference between running Normal and then Hard and just doing Hard from the start. That is, of course, assuming there isn't any weighting to the drops.

The Alpha Lupi for Warlock doesn't make sense because they have a helmet that serves the same purpose.

edit: Light Beyond Nemesis has the same perk as both Alpha Lupi pieces.

Aww, sorry to hear that. If you want any exotic gauntlet pieces it's totally worth saving motes til a weekend Xur has a gauntlet engram.

PSA on the engrams...

Odds of getting what you want from one of Xur's exotic engrams
(i.e. odds of any given piece of gear popping from an exotic engram, assuming no weighting):

Helm - 1 in 9
Chest - 1 in 6
Gauntlet - 1 in 3

Shit, I now regret blowing up my motes on stupid cloaks, no one even notices them or pass comments about them :(

I've been doing it on Hard (level 9)...but if the XP doesn't change at all then easy would be better. We've been doing it in parties of 3 but its pretty efficient solo with an AR/mythoclast. The faster the better! And yep, just dont kill the knight and let him kill you. Kill the major enemies for 70 xp each afaik.

Can anyone confirm if changing the enemy level increases the XP you get from killing them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom