• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zakalwe

Banned
ha yeah I know, I'm saying how did we get from "coincidence" to "I can't believe bungie let twitter pick Xur's weapon"

edit: I don't see anything from bungie on it so far, maybe I'm missing something though (I don't dig deep into their forums)

Well, it wouldn't be beyond them to set it. Either way I don't think it matters. RNG, their choice, stock's going to repeat at some point.

We should ask for Mythoclast next week and see what happens.

Imagine the uproar, would almost be worth it. :p

blackflag

To the weapon be usable you can't upgrade and without upgrade the damage is really low.

It works best for PVP because you don't need to upgrade it... so you avoid the slow fire rate.... and the damage is the same because PVP doesn't use the damage upgrades.

If Bungie make a version without the slow fire rate then it will be a bast in PVE max upgraded.

That's not true man. The ADS does do more damage in PVP. The only thing that doesn't affect PVP is the damage stat number. It was confirmed long ago that the ADS function on Suros does increase the damage.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Well poop I don't have enough motes for even one engram after buying three last week (whoops). I would love to get the Hunter or Titan gauntlets.
Aww, sorry to hear that. If you want any exotic gauntlet pieces it's totally worth saving motes til a weekend Xur has a gauntlet engram.

PSA on the engrams...

Odds of getting what you want from one of Xur's exotic engrams
(i.e. odds of any given piece of gear popping from an exotic engram, assuming no weighting):

Helm - 1 in 9
Chest - 1 in 6
Gauntlet - 1 in 3

jay23

Was Suros the dominant choice? I don't visit twitter. Also, it's not surprising - Bungie are trying to build a lot of good will lately. I think they sense the community turning against them.

Seems like it, when the tweet first went up suros had most of the votes. It's just funny how rebalancing weapons actually worked in PvP, I started noticing a lot more scout rifles and hand cannons. Now it's gonna be suros everywhere till they nerf it to death.

Hoodbury

Yes. Got mine from a legendary engram. Guess I lucked out.

Yes you did. The thing is already great at default, but with sped up charge rate? holy cow!

My Void one from an engram came with the perk where you slide farther :/

Stupid kneepad perk. Still a good gun for PvP.

WITHE1982

3ZRoWoNs.jpg

Become Legend... Partial Legend.

This happen to anyone else where certain items wont load on bungie site? Chrome is up to date.

Yes, happens to me all the time. Sometimes at work, sometimes at home. Same as on the android app.

Haha yea we beat the entire thing. No worries on leaving, all good.

Well done. I was just along for the ride. I got literally nothing from the raid. Not even an engram. Haha. Oh well, I deserved that. I need an alt or something. Maybe I'll work on that tomorrow.

If we are doing the raid or something similar tonight, I'm literally switching off my real-world stuff. It can go fuck itself. It's time to shoot some damn aliens.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
They asked on twitter (yesterday or the day before?) what everyone wanted from Xur. The overwhelming majority relies with "Regime".

It's not absolute of course, could still be random.

I don't think Bungie cares enough what the community thinks to manipulate the stock. I vote coincidence.

realcZk

Well done. I was just along for the ride. I got literally nothing from the raid. Not even an engram. Haha. Oh well, I deserved that. I need an alt or something. Maybe I'll work on that tomorrow.

If we are doing the raid or something similar tonight, I'm literally switching off my real-world stuff. It can go fuck itself. It's time to shoot some damn aliens.

Yep we are probably running normal again tonight and then hard right after if we have enough people, then at least another hard run on saturday/sunday.

Zakalwe

Banned
I agree, no one asked for Sunbreakers three weeks in a row. Xur stock variety is pretty limited.

It's random. Just because alot of people asked for it on twitter doesn't mean Bungie suddenly decided to have Xur sell it.

No evidence to prove it isn't either.

And previous week's stock doesn't mean they don't have the ability to set it to what they want every now and then.

Can't say for sure either way.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Have a bunch of Legendaries/Exotic Armor saved in your Vault for when they hit level 20. I had a full set of purple/yellow for my Titan, went from 20 to 1 point away from 26 with no leveling.

As for 1-20? Play through story mode and cash in on bounties, do the strikes.

I was talking moreso about lvl 1-20 in a relatively fast fashion.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Seems like it, when the tweet first went up suros had most of the votes. It's just funny how rebalancing weapons actually worked in PvP, I started noticing a lot more scout rifles and hand cannons. Now it's gonna be suros everywhere till they nerf it to death.
ehhhhhhhhhhh.

I'm not sure quite how much or even if the regime needs any further nerfing. I assume we're referring to this line:
Suros Regime, for instance, is still too effective in PVP compared to other Exotics.
Which I honestly agree with to some extent. Weighed against many exotics it's still often just the objectively better choice, and I'd prefer that not be the case. But we already know buffs to some exotics are coming, which will have an impact on the conclusion of that statement just as much as any nerf to the Regime can.

Anyway, I think the idea that anyone who started using other guns after this particular gun was on the receiving end of a nerf will start using it again because it's being made more available is a little silly.

even if it does get a slight individual nerf, it will still be a great weapon. it's nearly superlative in every area among primaries already, certainly it is among auto rifles, and it was touched so recently by the general AR nerf that anything drastically (as opposed to subtly) altering its effectiveness is pretty unlikely. we'll see what happens.

Aww, sorry to hear that. If you want any exotic gauntlet pieces it's totally worth saving motes til a weekend Xur has a gauntlet engram.

PSA on the engrams...

(i.e. odds of any given piece of gear popping from an exotic engram, assuming no weighting):

Helm - 1 in 14
Chest - 1 in 8
Gauntlet - 1 in 3

Are the Titan and Hunter guantlets worth rolling the dice? I bought both of their chest pieces available today since I needed exotics. If there worth having I might risk the motes.

Alucrid

Banned

PSA on the engrams...

Helm - 1 in 14
Chest - 1 in 8
Gauntlet - 1 in 3

what are the other 2 chests and 5 helms?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I don't think Bungie cares enough what the community thinks to manipulate the stock. I vote coincidence.
word.
Are the Titan and Hunter guantlets worth rolling the dice? I bought both of their chest pieces available today since I needed exotics. If there worth having I might risk the motes.
Hunter one is good for special weapon-centric gunslinger builds that can use tripmine grenades effectively. it's perfect for my pocket infinity build, can't wait to upgrade it and get into the crucible... If you have any kind of potential build like this in mind, awww yeah.

Otherwise, it's objectively one of the weaker hunter exotics.

No Backup Plans... pff, if you like punching things and have Defender maxed out this sounds like an incredibly fun exotic to me.
what are the other 2 chests and 5 helms?
er, but, other in addition to which?

blackflag

PSA on the engrams...

Helm - 1 in 14
Chest - 1 in 8
Gauntlet - 1 in 3

4 helms per class?
3 chests?

I thought it was 3 helms and 2 chests.

Yep we are probably running normal again tonight and then hard right after if we have enough people, then at least another hard run on saturday/sunday.

If you do the hard raid, what time do you think you'll do it? I've only done the raid a few times, and did this week's normal last night.

Level 29 Sunsinger. If you don't mind having someone with little hard mode raid experience, could I join? It's alright if you prefer to have more experienced people than me join.

I want to get some hard mode experience and need to see if I can get some raid gear drops.

Alucrid

Banned
word.

Hunter one is good for special weapon-centric gunslinger builds that can use tripmine grenades effectively. it's perfect for my pocket infinity build, can't wait to upgrade it and get into the crucible... If you have any kind of potential build like this in mind, awww yeah.

Otherwise, it's objectively one of the weaker hunter exotics.

No Backup Plans... pff, if you like punching things and have Defender maxed out this sounds like an incredibly fun exotic to me.

er, but, other in addition to which?

Helms
Warlock: Dire Skull, Apotheosis, Light Beyond
Hunter: Achlyophage, Knucklehead, Third Man
Titan: Saint 14, Inmost Light, Insurmountable Skullfort

Chest
Warlock: Praxis, Voidfang
Hunter: Lucky Raspberry, Alpha Lupi
Titan: Alpha Lupi, Armamentarium

should be 9 and 6, no?

mstevens

Do you only use autos for primary? If so, pick it up.

Right now I'm rolling vanquisher viii and ice breaker. I'd like to get VoC eventually instead.

Just wondering if suros would be worth it. I know its better than vanquisher but I don't want to lose ice breaker... Guess I could always switch mid battle if I need a sniper.

tmac456

ughhhhhhhhhh kind of kicking myself not buying the Hunter exotic helmet last week....

2 normal raids complete and i got the raid boots and chest armor.

if i bought that helmet, all i would need is the raid gauntlets.

hopefully during our run through hard mode tomorrow i can get lucky and snag the raid helmet

so it would be: raid helmet-exotic gauntlets-raid chest-raid boots

i can taste level 30.. fuck im gonna need more shards

Ugh, I get why we can't have more than one exotic piece of armor due to light level management, but seriously, can we please equip as many exotic weapons as we want? I really don't see the harm. Well, at least let us PvE's do it. The one exotic weapon load out should be a PvP only thing.

hydruxo

Hopefully I can get to 30 today, that will help a ton with the hard raid gatekeepers and atheon later tonight. Just need 8 more shards.

realcZk

If you do the hard raid, what time do you think you'll do it? I've only done the raid a few times, and did this week's normal last night.

Level 29 Sunsinger. If you don't mind having someone with little hard mode raid experience, could I join? It's alright if you prefer to have more experienced people than me join.

I want to get some hard mode experience and need to see if I can get some raid gear drops.

Sure, add me!

PSN: bytestyle

We have a regular group of about 3/4 sometimes 5 people so the more the merrier. Hard is lots of fun, it just takes lots of patience too. The biggest advice I could give you as a level 29 going into hard is to use a primary weapon that is fully upgraded at 300 damage if possible. Since the mobs are level 30 your damage output is decreased as a 29 so the more damage you can output the better off you'll be.

EDIT: Oh and times, *maybe* tonight around 9-10PM CST (we are doing normal first), and I'm pretty free Saturday/Sunday so it's usually just when everyone's online and available, sorry I can't be more specific there.

Alucrid

Banned
Ugh, I get why we can't have more than one exotic piece of armor due to light level management, but seriously, can we please equip as many exotic weapons as we want? I really don't see the harm. Well, at least let us PvE's do it. The one exotic weapon load out should be a PvP only thing.

if you had hawkmoon, ice breaker and gjallarhorn equipped at once the raid might as well drop all the loot for you as soon as you load into it

So I've done all the Crucible and PvE bounties today, the daily and my first public event.

What are the best ways to get experience now? Looking at the strike playlists it doesn't seem like completing them give you any XP?

Just Patrol and do public events, missions and shoot a bunch of guys?

I have no patience to do Crucible, fucking hate that shit show of lag, one shot kills and other annoyances. Doing those bounties was enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom