• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

How's the sound quality of those headsets? I'm tempted to purchase one mostly because it's wireless. Is it pretty comfortable for 12 hour no-life marathons?

Battery life is estimated to be 7-8 hours from a review. I find them a bit heavy but not an issue when I'm sitting back on a couch. Good sound quality but nothing amazing if you have a quality surround setup.

My fave thing is no stupid mic in your face. It's built into the headphones which is pretty damn cool.

breakfuss

WELL GAF I am happpppy this lovely morning! Missed Suros by a few coins the first time so this is a welcome update! Praise Xur.

WELL GAF I am happpppy this lovely morning! Missed Suros by a few coins the first time so this is a welcome update! Praise Xur.

tumblr_me4j7eCtib1rk5t5bo1_250.gif

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
NOW. Looks squarely at Hawkian. (with eagle eyes - hehe)

IF (hopes) I get another shot of vault-running with the crew, I'm thinking team first. If I'm going to be bubble-boy, I'd better bring the pain as well as stay alive. Going to pick up Armamentarium from Xur. Suros can wait. I think I'd rather have Red Death with my playstyle anyway.
I bet you will! The odds of any one of us not making it on a given week seem relatively high, lol
Will be on tonight - anyone want to do the weekly heroic? Tiger strikes? I'm hitting level 3 for NM faction, picking up the legendary heavy (whatever it is) and getting more raid-ready.
Would love to do the Weekly 26 on my Warlock and some tiger strikes if you're down!
I'm starting to enjoy wrapping myself in the grind.

What do you get if you run the raid again after having run it once that week? Anything?
Nah nada.
Got the Ahamkara spine for my Hunter, feels good man.
b2mffvO.gif

Was Suros the dominant choice? I don't visit twitter. Also, it's not surprising - Bungie are trying to build a lot of good will lately. I think they sense the community turning against them.
Hahahahah. it's a lovely thought, but no. the malcontent factor in this community has been consistent since launch and has perhaps slightly lessened with each patch (despite certain aspects of each one also being upsetting to certain subsets of the base). bungie isn't desperate to generate good will because their metrics will show them that despite a constant stream of Whine surrounding it, people are still playiing the crap out of their game.

do we even have any evidence whatsoever that bungie manipulated xur's stock based on twitter? -_- we've already had multiple repeats before, even another primary weapon.
pocket infinity good for pvp?
"good," yeah, sure, it's "good"
Edge's review of this is fantastic.

To paraphrase - it's a game that gets simple things bafflingly wrong and is needlessly complicated but has gameplay which is amongst the very best FPSs and is simply impossible to put down.

Wonder if the other reviewers should've waited a bit longer too.
that's a yes

ethomaz

Banned
It's damage isn't low in pve at all. That's not subjective.

The low rate/extra dmg makes it a precision shot beast. It's fair if you don't like the style of the weapon, but it is still incredibly effective in both modes even post AR nerf.
To the weapon be usable you can't upgrade and without upgrade the damage is really low.

It works best for PVP because you don't need to upgrade it... so you avoid the slow fire rate.... and the damage is the same because PVP doesn't use the damage upgrades.

If Bungie make a version without the slow fire rate then it will be a bast in PVE max upgraded.

Voidwalker grenades are awful. Now that chest on a Sunsinger though. People will hate you.

I would have to disagree, sure sunbro is great all around but the voidwalker can have some really nice setups. The vortex grenade are great for control and blocking off points. Using them in a fight is very much on the same level as the solar grenades. The axion bolts seeker grenades are great for bringing out enemies who are hiding. I also love to throw them before an duel because it puts pressure on the target who has to take the hit or get off balance by trying to dodge it in which they will be open for attack. For PvE i use the enemies blow up if they die by your void damage which works great with crowds.

Zakalwe

Banned
do we even have any evidence whatsoever that bungie manipulated xur's stock based on reddit? -_- we've already had multiple repeats before, even another primary weapon.

They asked on twitter (yesterday or the day before?) what everyone wanted from Xur. The overwhelming majority relies with "Regime".

It's not absolute of course, could still be random.

X-Frame

Hmm, apparently some people are saying the weapon telemitries and the Nightfall XP bonus don't stack.

It's so annoying that the community needs to experiment in order to figure out basic functions of the game.

I might make an alt hunter and try to hit lvl20 this weekend, transfer my gear over and do the weekly strike. If I have those 9 strange coins I can get the chest piece. Is it possible to hit lvl20 within a day? Or how fast is it to reach lvl20?

mstevens

I just bought the vanquisher viii... Is Suros worth picking up? I have the icebreaker.... I guess I could always switch depending on the situation.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
They asked on twitter (yesterday or the day before?) what everyone wanted from Xur. The overwhelming majority relies with "Regime".

ha yeah I know, I'm saying how did we get from "coincidence" to "I can't believe bungie let twitter pick Xur's weapon"

edit: I don't see anything from bungie on it so far, maybe I'm missing something though (I don't dig deep into their forums)

Zakalwe

Banned
To the weapon be usable you can't upgrade and without upgrade the damage is really low.

It works best for PVP because you don't need to upgrade it... so you avoid the slow fire rate.... and the damage is the same because PVP doesn't use the damage upgrades.

If Bungie make a version without the slow fire rate then it will be a bast in PVE max upgraded.
The only damage upgrades it doesn't use are the standard ones. Any upgrade such as "lower rate, more damage" or "bottom half of clip does more" are active in pvp.

The low rate and more damage is the entire reason this thing beasts pvp.

Headshots. 33 clip. Nice steady fire rate makes acquisition easy.

rNilla

Well poop I don't have enough motes for even one engram after buying three last week (whoops). I would love to get the Hunter or Titan gauntlets.

Chitown B

Got the Suros just because. Everyone seems to love it, so whatever. I don't use Auto Rifles.

Also got the engram, which turned into Titan Guantlets that I can't use since I'm a Hunter. Awesome.

God damn it, no one seems to have any clear cut data on the weapon telemetry on whether bounty XP is included or not. May have to take one for the team and run some tests. It would be super lame if it only boosted weapon kills XP.

E92 M3

Hmm, apparently some people are saying the weapon telemitries and the Nightfall XP bonus don't stack.

It's so annoying that the community needs to experiment in order to figure out basic functions of the game.

I actually like the Dark Souls approach to figuring out nuances.

I just bought the vanquisher viii... Is Suros worth picking up? I have the icebreaker.... I guess I could always switch depending on the situation.

Do you only use autos for primary? If so, pick it up.

Hoodbury

Has this ever been proven or tested or an official response given? I would swear the slower rate higher damage perk for Regime works in PvP. The thing hits like a tank when you are ADS.

hydruxo

It's random. Just because alot of people asked for it on twitter doesn't mean Bungie suddenly decided to have Xur sell it.

purg3

slept with Malkin
I might make an alt hunter and try to hit lvl20 this weekend, transfer my gear over and do the weekly strike. If I have those 9 strange coins I can get the chest piece. Is it possible to hit lvl20 within a day? Or how fast is it to reach lvl20?

Yeah it's possible. I made an alt titan for that purpose and hit 20 in about ~7hrs.

LiK

It's random. Just because alot of people asked for it on twitter doesn't mean Bungie suddenly decided to have Xur sell it. No evidence to prove its not random.

I agree, no one asked for Sunbreakers three weeks in a row. Xur stock variety is pretty limited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom