• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

EL CUCO

Oh, yeah. You just have to die. So, you join someone at the checkpoint, die, respawn and then you can leave. You'll have the checkpoint. Maybe die twice to be sure - sometimes it won't stick. Dying twice has worked for me 100% of the time.

Ohhh I just realized that I'm always staying till the end, since I'm usually one of the "cheesers". I think I get it now.

WITHE1982

Anyone? Like if you set a story mission to level 12 versus level 8 do the enemies when running through it as level 12 give more XP per kill?

I've never tested this fully but I know 100% you level up an alt character much faster by playing through the story missions at a higher difficulty. Based solely on that I'd say that, yes, playing at higher difficulty and killing higher level mobs gives you more XP.

Jinjo

lol "now"

it's funny, I think a lot of people feel really confident that arc blade is the best super, but most every nerf I can think of would immediately turn it into the worst one. I think the most common request is a damage reduction nerf? but invective can shut it down, pocket infinity can shut it down, thunderlord can shut it down... the risk of "complete waste" is so, so much higher than say FoH or Nova Bomb.

and honestly i'm blanking on how to nerf the suros regime further too. I guess just a range dropoff thing would be fine. it's still plenty good at mid-long range with the upgrades.

Nerfing the bladedancer is the worst Bungie can do. If you look at it from the other perspective: tt already sucks so bad for high level PvE play. Gunslinger's damage is abyssmal too. If anything they should give a damage boost. Since everyone in PvE dies in one hit anway and it makes the Hunter's supers more viable in PvE. Cause why can a Titan smash one hit multiple high-level mobs in the game, but it takes 3 to 4 Gunslinger shots or a few bladedancer cuts to kill one as a Hunter? Try that with Bladedancer and you just get melee'd to shit.

PvP and PvE shared balance was the worst idea ever. They're always gonna "piss off" people this way whatever they nerf or buff.

keiichi

Will pick up the Lupi chest piece after I finish the weekly later tonight. Yay.

I guess it's more useful for PVE with the rezzing buff... Shame about the stats

Anyone getting a automatic end screen on the Nightfall weekly? As soon as we get to the summoning pits invariably the game just ends like we all died.

Shito

Never let Rahool gamble away your hard earned Motes. You're gonna have a bad time. Spend them at the speaker and get that guaranteed swag. Slowly building my legendary cloak collection.
I already have the titan gauntlets.
I'm playing hunter and I'm starting a warlock alt.
I need shards.

This week's exotic engram is all win for me. Whatever happens, I'll be happy.

If Bungie turns around and nerfs the Suros again I'm fucking done.

I dont play PvP much (at all) but I can imagine how much of a Suros-fest it will be now after everyone passed on the nutsack Truth rocket launcher last week.

So if Bungie is all, "PvP is too auto rifle heavy, more nerfs incoming" I'm gonna black out. You guys did this to yourself!! Give everyone the best auto rifle in the game.... surprised everyone only uses the best auto rifle in the game in PvP.

Make the exotics harder to get and you won't have them running rampant and throwing off the balance of everything..... or at the very least don't offer the best Auto Rifle, Sniper Rifle and Rocket Launcher in the game FOR SALE.

X-Frame

Anyone getting a automatic end screen on the Nightfall weekly? As soon as we get to the summoning pits invariably the game just ends like we all died.

Are you opening the door to Phogoth and then running back out to the 3rd room when you first come in?

There are 3 rooms after you kill those two guarding Major Knights: The first room, the "safe" room, and the Shrieker room. As far as I know, if you retreat back to the first room Phogoth will despawn and you'll get kicked to orbit. Never go back behind the 2nd "safe" room.

Jito

Banned
Why the fuck is the strike playlist so broken. Bungie, I don't want to play the same strike twice or more in a row yet it happens every single time and has done since release, still not patched though.

Are you opening the door to Phogoth and then running back out to the 3rd room when you first come in?

There are 3 rooms after you kill those two guarding Major Knights: The first room, the "safe" room, and the Shrieker room. As far as I know, if you retreat back to the first room Phogoth will despawn and you'll get kicked to orbit. Never go back behind the 2nd "safe" room.

Haha yeah we did. That must be it.
Thanks man

Shito

I dont play PvP much (at all) but I can imagine how much of a Suros-fest it will be now after everyone passed on the nutsack Truth rocket launcher last week.

So if Bungie is all, "PvP is too auto rifle heavy, more nerfs incoming" I'm gonna black out. You guys did this to yourself!! Give everyone the best auto rifle in the game.... surprised everyone only uses the best auto rifle in the game in PvP.

Make the exotics harder to get and you won't have them running rampant and throwing off the balance of everything..... or at the very least don't offer the best Auto Rifle, Sniper Rifle and Rocket Launcher in the game FOR SALE.
You do know you are asking them to remove one of the only mechanisms that does not rely on RNG, right?
People are ASKING for a Xur-like for raid gear, taking raid currency, and here you are saying Xur is bad and shouldn't sell interesting things...

Grabbed a Suros. No need for a new primary, but I'm in curator mode at this point anyway. Besides, another exotic to level will give me something to do that's not panhandling for raid spots. Fully upgraded I do see it having situational value, though it's a hard sell keeping the Gjallarhorn out of the rotation for any extended length of time.

Also got a Plan C from a Tiger Strike. The mods don't blow me away but I'll take it.

Plan C has a nice situational special - immediate full charge on weapon switch - which makes it great for mobs where you soften them up a little with the primary then switch for a fast kill. The range upgrade is nice, but you trade that for a faster charge time. Arc is great for this weeks nightfall obviously. Overall I think it is one of the more balanced exotics but it is not the best fusion, so it sits in my inventory most of the time.

void666

Banned

I read somewhere in this thread that if you start the phogoth fight and walk too far away you're sent back to orbit. You can stay in the room next to the one that spawns the chandelier thing. But you can't walk through the next one.

Zakalwe

Banned
Eh, screw Xur, gonna pick up a Mark from the Speaker. There's actually one I like.

Bear in mind they all (I'm pretty sure) have the front dangly bit. Doesn't show when you preview.

If you like that design then cool! I just wish you could rotate fully to look at all the gear in preview mode.

Shito

I read somewhere in this thread that if you start the phogoth fight and walk too far away you're sent back to orbit. You can stay in the room next to the one that spawns the chandelier thing. But you can't walk through the next one.
Can't die in the middle room either.
Learnt it the hard way after a long grind and cheesing session with my girlfriend...

Is it true that suros regime is a better gun for pvp not fully upgraded?

If you're terrible at headshots or if there's lag, missing a shot has higher consequences for any low fire rate weapon. Think of it as fast firing auto scout rifle and you'll get the idea.

X-Frame

Haha yeah we did. That must be it.
Thanks man

Glad to help! Yeah just hang out in the 2nd safe room and you can run up into the Shrieker room for a few seconds to unload on Phogoth and then retreat back to the 2nd room before the Shrieker spawns. If it does, I'm pretty sure you can just hide in the 2nd room and wait for the Shrieker to despawn. If you kill it, those energy balls it releases on death are a pain in the ass.

Temidien

Neo Member
Why the fuck is the strike playlist so broken. Bungie, I don't want to play the same strike twice or more in a row yet it happens every single time and has done since release, still not patched though.

Really wish there was a voting option.

Hate to be that guy but when I see a repeat come up, I just jump out of the fireteam. It's a shame when you've been running with a good group.

MADGAME

oh crap..lol..didn't even notice the stat difference.

I bought two of these things last week for my Titans. Will have to look at those stats!

I didn't notice either until recently. I sharded some equipment in the past; I'm going to assume they had much better stats than my current gear.

ethomaz

Banned
The only damage upgrades it doesn't use are the standard ones. Any upgrade such as "lower rate, more damage" or "bottom half of clip does more" are active in pvp.

The low rate and more damage is the entire reason this thing beasts pvp.

Headshots. 33 clip. Nice steady fire rate makes acquisition easy.
This is what makes it bad in PVP in my opinion... I regret to have upgraded mine.

You have one ADS shot with 33 (or 38( damage while you can have 2-3 shots with 28 damage.

Try a Suros without upgrade in PVP for some time... it is a really good gun.

Has this ever been proven or tested or an official response given? I would swear the slower rate higher damage perk for Regime works in PvP. The thing hits like a tank when you are ADS.
The increase in damage works in PVP but the slow fire rate hurts more.

That's not true man. The ADS does do more damage in PVP. The only thing that doesn't affect PVP is the damage stat number. It was confirmed long ago that the ADS function on Suros does increase the damage.
That what make it bad for me... while I can hit 2-3 headshots with 28 damage... the slow fire rate make it hit one with 38 (?) damage.
It without upgrades is so more cool and good.

Tovarisc

I wonder when Bungie takes out map of the world and realizes that North America and Europe aren't same continent, but in fact different continents far apart.

It's so fucking bonkers and retarded that game fucking matchmakes people from North America and Europe into same P2P lobbies. Talk about insane host advantages when half of the lobby play with 150 to 200 ms latency, at minimum.

Fucking broken matchmaking.

hmm okay, you must be right, at least so far there's no evidence, so that's 2 fewer options for helm and 1 fewer for helm

There are some exotic pieces that are in the games code, but not yet available. As far as I know, there are 9 helms, 6 chest, and 3 gauntlets available currently. Exotic boots do exist in the games code. Along with more helms, chests, and gauntlets.

Jinjo

You do know you are asking them to remove one of the only mechanisms that does not rely on RNG, right?
People are ASKING for a Xur-like for raid gear, taking raid currency, and here you are saying Xur is bad and shouldn't sell interesting things...

Exactly, RNG is already fucked up enough in this game. Let's piss off the playerbase more by rewarding even less. Even Datto made a video on how exotics should be more rare. Dude forgets that he plays Destiny for a fucking living while the rest of us have normal jobs and lives. I think exotic distribution is pretty fine how it is. There are still weapons and armor out there I have not gotten yet and still want.

So is there any speculation about what your "Raid Rank" means? Or if it is going to mean anything in the future?

Wait there is a raid rank? Where can you see this?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
The best blade dancer balance I've read was making whiffed attacks consume more super so you can't just pound in the Melee button and let auto aim take over.

Range drop off on Regime in pvp is all it needs imo.
no problem with either of those.

honestly if I miss while in arc blade something has gone horribly horribly wrong, so I deserve to be punished. I make my cuts count.

baffling position, lol

Could you or someone else explain why it's better for a smaller portion of the playerbase to have access to those weapons than a larger one?

Auto Rifles across the board were nerfed, including the best one in the game, you can feel it if you used them before and after. As a choice of exotic, the Suros Regime still remains a fantastic choice. But for fuck's sake, honestly, so does a rare Galahad-E which allows you an exotic special or heavy.

If Bungie "turns around and nerfs the Suros again," i.e. nerfs it specifically on the individual level, to make it slightly less appealing to spend your exotic slot on (but still be a viable option), that won't really hurt the game.

The idea you're proposing, that a smaller number of people having a gun perceived to be OP results in more balanced gameplay, is just bewildering to me. If it's an option for more people, um... more people have it as an option, that's all. The gun itself doesn't become more imbalanced if more people have it.

Really wish there was a voting option.

Hate to be that guy but when I see a repeat come up, I just jump out of the fireteam. It's a shame when you've been running with a good group.

I would settle for some forwarning so I can leave before the map is set. I hate being the person who bails to orbit as soon as the mission starts, leaving the team a guardian short. Got devils layer 5 times in a row yesterday after playing blind watch 4 times in 6 matches. This jusy makes the already small amount of content look miniscule.

E92 M3

They've acknowledged the Suros is still too dominant. So either they buff other weapons more (as I think they should) or nerf the Suros. I say prepare for heartache so you can't be disappointed later.

I wonder when Bungie takes out map of the world and realizes that North America and Europe aren't same continent, but in fact different continents far apart.

It's so fucking bonkers and retarded that game fucking matchmakes people from North America and Europe into same P2P lobbies. Talk about insane host advantages when half of the lobby play with 150 to 200 ms latency, at minimum.

Fucking broken matchmaking.

I just think it's due to population restraints. Population is always the limiting factor in matchmaking.

Range drop off on Regime in pvp is all it needs imo.
I started using the Suros in PVP recently. I guess I'd be okay with that-- might give me a reason to go back to using my scout rifle more often-- although most of the maps aren't large enough to make that an issue mostly. That said, I've my Suros perked up to increase it's range but that's more for PVE than PVP.

This is what makes it bad in PVP in my opinion... I regret to have upgraded mine.

You have one ADS shot with 33 damage while you can have 2-3 shots with 28 damage.

I'd be interested in someone actually calculating the true dps on upgraded vs non upgraded suros.

I personally don't think you are getting 2-3 times more shots vs my 1 shot. If I could guess, I'd say the non upgraded suros fires 1.5 times faster at most.

I have given my Patience and Time a fair shot but I think I like my Supremacy and Ice Breaker better, even for PvP. The zoom on the P&T is too much. I prefer the low zoom on the other 2.

I just think it's due to population restraints. Population is always the limiting factor in matchmaking.

This, by the way, is why there are usually only 4 PvP modes. It keeps the population for each mode high. I remember in Halo days it'd take forever to find a Big Team Battle match, or worse, an objective match.

ethomaz

Banned
I started using the Suros in PVP recently. I guess I'd be okay with that-- might give me a reason to go back to using my scout rifle more often-- although most of the maps aren't large enough to make that an issue mostly. That said, I've my Suros perked up to increase it's range but that's more for PVE than PVP.
If you like Suros and Scout Rifle give a try to Vision of Confluence... just learn how to works with the buggy auto trigger.

Zakalwe

Banned

You have one ADS shot with 33 (or 38( damage while you can have 2-3 shots with 28 damage.

The increase in damage works in PVP but the slow fire rate hurts more.

That what make it bad for me... while I can hit 2-3 headshots with 28 damage... the slow fire rate make it hit one with 38 (?) damage.
It without upgrades is so more cool and good.

You might like the feel of the gun without, but if you can headshot consistently the upgrades /will/ make the gun more effective.

I can't really take you seriously when you say it makes it "bad" with the upgrades anyway, anyone wih any experience with the gun fully upgraded knows it's the exact opposite of bad.

If anyone is making an alt and need someone to play with, add me PSN: iRAWRasaurus

P.s I have a hard mode checkpoint at Atheon if anyone wants it as well.

Nameless

Plan C has a nice situational special - immediate full charge on weapon switch - which makes it great for mobs where you soften them up a little with the primary then switch for a fast kill. The range upgrade is nice, but you trade that for a faster charge time. Arc is great for this weeks nightfall obviously. Overall I think it is one of the more balanced exotics but it is not the best fusion, so it sits in my inventory most of the time.

Yeah it'll sit in mine for a while too. Have an arc and a solar Light/Beware but it looks like Plan C has a little more impact so could see it coming in handy in future Arc burn Nightfalls. It's probably pretty good in PvP too.

Deku Tree

Exactly, RNG is already fucked up enough in this game. Let's piss off the playerbase more by rewarding even less. Even Datto made a video on how exotics should be more rare. Dude forgets that he plays Destiny for a fucking living while the rest of us have normal jobs and lives. I think exotic distribution is pretty fine how it is. There are still weapons and armor out there I have not gotten yet and still want.

Wait there is a raid rank? Where can you see this?

I can see it in the Destiny iOS Companion App. I imagine it is also located somewhere on Bungie.net next to where it lists your other "ranks" but I haven't looked for it there...

EDIT: it's in the Grimoire section under RAIDS. 20 RAID completions gets you Rank 2. 50 RAIDs gets you Rank 3. So far I have seven. I think I had six last week. So I found out that doing the hard raid doesn't give you more than one completion. I wonder if doing both the hard and the normal gets you two completions in a week?

X-Frame

I don't think I'll ever spend the Motes on anything from the Speaker. I'd rather just keep a faction item on to funnel all XP into it and get packages more consistently -- plus the opportunity to get non-purchasable weapons from the factions too with each rank up package.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
They've acknowledged the Suros is still too dominant. So either they buff other weapons more (as I think they should) or nerf the Suros. I say prepare for heartache so you can't be disappointed later.
we do know that some exotic buffs are coming (including to your precious mythoclast of course)

I wonder. There's only so much you can even do to the suros. it's just a magnificent auto rifle in a game that loves auto rifles. with a 10% damage reduction I bet I could still clean up with it. yet I'm (still) able to beat suros regime wielders running hawkmoon or pocket infinity or hell, thunderlord (a.k.a. Zoba's Nerf of Choice) alongside the devil you know or 77 wizard, through skilled play. I think we may be getting into mountains out of molehills territory here.

anyone considering the buy, the SUROS Regime still kicks plenty of ass in PvE by the way. smoked some strikes and story missions with it on my warlock last night.

edit: Plan C is top notch in this week's nightfall

Sure, add me!

PSN: bytestyle

We have a regular group of about 3/4 sometimes 5 people so the more the merrier. Hard is lots of fun, it just takes lots of patience too. The biggest advice I could give you as a level 29 going into hard is to use a primary weapon that is fully upgraded at 300 damage if possible. Since the mobs are level 30 your damage output is decreased as a 29 so the more damage you can output the better off you'll be.

EDIT: Oh and times, *maybe* tonight around 9-10PM CST (we are doing normal first), and I'm pretty free Saturday/Sunday so it's usually just when everyone's online and available, sorry I can't be more specific there.

Thanks. The reason I was asking is that I'm in Europe. On fridays I usually stay up quite late playing, but I have to check what time that is GMT. During the weekend I'm online most of the day as well.

I already have Suros, VoC and Red Hand IX fully upgraded, and a few secondaries near full. If I get the chance the play with you guys, great! If not, no worries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom