• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I will say that it makes sense for those to be for all classes because the perks aren't specific to any subclasses, but I've just never seen any of the other variations you mentioned in-game.
I just tried to find pics of any with them, but I can't find any so it must be a mistake... I'll "fix" it and see if anyone reverts. I wonder why it's listed like that

oh well,
so that makes it actually like you guys said:

Exotic Engrams
Helm - 1 in 9
Chest - 1 in 6
Gauntlet - 1 in 3

Loomba

Per character.

image.php

More ass shards here I come

Never let Rahool gamble away your hard earned Motes. You're gonna have a bad time. Spend them at the speaker and get that guaranteed swag. Slowly building my legendary cloak collection.

E92 M3

Shit, I now regret blowing up my motes on stupid cloaks, no one even notices them or pass comments about them :(

I absolutely LOVE my Cosmic Joke. The colors are right to my liking and it's a joy to walk around in the tower. Don't really care what people think, but it made me really happy.

Deku Tree

I'm tired of waiting for public events. I have more ascendant materials than I need. And it is too easy to go to some area and wait around and miss the event. That happens to me every day. I'm not going to intentionally look for public events anymore. If I come across one of course I'll do it but that's it.

LiK

I'm tired of waiting for public events. I have more ascendant materials than I need. And it is too easy to go to some area and wait around and miss the event. That happens to me every day. I'm not going to intentionally look for public events anymore. If I come across one of course I'll do it but that's it.

Just farm on the moon and it'll come to you.

Marvel

could never
This what I do.

I hear the Voidfang Vestments are actually better for the Sunsinger?

The stat roll doesn't seem good though, I'm hesitant on buying it "for my collection" when I already have 3 exotics for my Warlock alt, including Praxic Fire. Spawning with grenade energy sounds awesome but I may hold off for a higher stat roll.

Can anyone confirm what the stat roll was last week for them?

EDIT: Found it -- this week's 108 to 2 week ago getting 111, so no significant difference.

If you PvP it would be good with a aggressive build on your sunsinger.
Pesonaly not a fan but i play mostly pve.

EL CUCO

How are people getting checkpoints saved to other accounts? Everytime I get invited to one, it's never saved to me :(

Not even when I'm the original party leader. After I complete a Raid, there's nothing of a checkpoint. Is this just an RNG glitch...it'd be ironic if it was.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
The Alpha Lupi for Warlock doesn't make sense because they have a helmet that serves the same purpose.

edit: Light Beyond Nemesis has the same perk as both Alpha Lupi pieces.
You're 100% right. It's even named the same thing, supporting the idea that Bungie wanted all three classes to have access to that ability (it honestly is fantastic in Nightfalls) but put it on Light Beyond Nemesis for locks instead of giving them Alpha Lupi too. I'll edit the wiki.
Never let Rahool gamble away your hard earned Motes. You're gonna have a bad time. Spend them at the speaker and get that guaranteed swag. Slowly building my legendary cloak collection.
a 1 in 3 shot is really not that bad. I got lucky, but it was the least risky RNG-related action I've taken in destiny so far. I wouldn't have minded either of the others so that definitely helped.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
How are people getting checkpoints saved to other accounts? Everytime I get invited to one, it's never saved to me :(

Not even when I'm the original party leader. After I complete a Raid, there's nothing of a checkpoint. Is this just an RNG glitch...it'd be ironic if it was.

What would you have a checkpoint to if you finish a raid? The whole point of a checkpoint is to resume where you left off. If you finish, then there's nothing to resume.

It's accurate, yeah. I'm editing destinygamewiki.com's page now to line up with this. It will still feature a handful of items that aren't in the game yet sadly
holy shit I want starfire protocol whatever it is

It is? I didn't think the Titan Helm "Glasshouse" was available yet. I've never seen someone with it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
wait, haven't all 3 of those items already been featured by Xur?
he had the titan version of alpha lupi before rather than the hunter and this is the first time he's had the gauntlet engram since launch- otherwise, I do believe every item this week is a resale.
It is? I didn't think the Titan Helm "Glasshouse" was available yet. I've never seen someone with it.
It's not.

On your reddit link:
The Stag
Claws of Ahamkara
ATS/8 Arachnid
Starfire Protocol
Don't Touch Me
The Glasshouse
Ruin Wings
(and obviously) Radiant Dance Machines and Mk. 44 Stand Asides are not in the game yet.

Is it true that suros regime is a better gun for pvp not fully upgraded?
Not in my opinion. I actually like the slowed firing when zoomed and you can still fire at full speed from the hip. I'm terrible at PVP but, since I've been rocking a mostly upgraded Suros, I'm much better than I was.

Deku Tree

The character you are playing with has to have beaten the RAID to get a hard mode checkpoint saved. You also have to die to get the checkpoint saved. If you do that and you don't get the checkpoint, its probably a glitch IMO.

E92 M3

PvP is full of Suros regimes now, yuck.
Bungie really needs to nerf that weapon... And blade dancer.

Blade dancers are piss easy to kill unless the opposing team is congregating on a control point. In that case a void walker or titan can kill them just as easily. Also, you can hear blade dancers activating. I would support for missed strikes to drain more energy in PVP.

For PVE, BD needs some serious reworking.

Thorn fully upgraded today, haha. Can't Wait for IB.

Mine is ready to be maxed as soon as I see how they buff it.

EL CUCO

What would you have a checkpoint to if you finish a raid? The whole point of a checkpoint is to resume where you left off. If you finish, then there's nothing to resume.

I mean how people are passing along "checkpoints" to cheese Atheon..etc. I hear them say all the time "I can get in and grab the checkpoint, then bounce" lol

The character you are playing with has to have beaten the RAID to get a hard mode checkpoint saved. You also have to die to get the checkpoint saved. If you do that and you don't get the checkpoint, its probably a glitch IMO.

I see. thanks! Just wondering how the mechanic works. I've tried to get friends in on the cheese and wasn't sure what I was doing wrong. Still not sure, as I've beaten the Raid at the point of attempting to "grab a checkpoint" but could be glitch like you said...a glitch of a bug Ha!

void666

Banned

Been doing the same. So far i have strenght of the pack, legend of six coyotes and cosmic joke. From vanguard i have ghost angel and dustwalker.
Hunters have a lot of cool class items. Titans on the other hand... My titan is still wearing some blue towel. The only one that looks good.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I mean how people are passing along "checkpoints" to cheese Atheon..etc. I hear them say all the time "I can get in and grab the checkpoint, then bounce" lol

Oh, yeah. You just have to die. So, you join someone at the checkpoint, die, respawn and then you can leave. You'll have the checkpoint. Maybe die twice to be sure - sometimes it won't stick. Dying twice has worked for me 100% of the time.

blackflag

Xur really shouldn't have duplicate weapons before he goes through the full stash or something. I woke up excited to see his stocks and left with a bitter taste in my mouth.

I ain't even mad but I agree. It was like Christmas then I opened Xur and was like....oh

At least I got void fang, sunbeeakers, and spine. I needed those. Wish I had enough motes to try for the Titan gauntlets too.

jaaz

I really hope thar Xur selling the Suros this week was just a coincidence. It would be beyond frustrating if Bungie Is making decisions on what Xur sells based on some Twitter poll that I suspect only a fraction of Destiny players participated in.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
lol "now"

it's funny, I think a lot of people feel really confident that arc blade is the best super, but most every nerf I can think of would immediately turn it into the worst one. I think the most common request is a damage reduction nerf? but invective can shut it down, pocket infinity can shut it down, thunderlord can shut it down... the risk of "complete waste" is so, so much higher than say FoH or Nova Bomb.

and honestly i'm blanking on how to nerf the suros regime further too. I guess just a range dropoff thing would be fine. it's still plenty good at mid-long range with the upgrades.

figpc

Neo Member
We need 1 for hard raid at the gatekeepers ps4. if you are interested shoot me a friend request on psn. figpc is the name

I really hope thar Xur selling the Suros this week was just a coincidence. It would be beyond frustrating if Bungie Is making decisions on what Xur sells based on some Twitter poll that I suspect only a fraction of Destiny players participated in.

There's no reason to think it isn't anything other than RNG, like everything else in their game

Zakalwe

Banned
lol "now"

it's funny, I think a lot of people feel really confident that arc blade is the best super, but most every nerf I can think of would immediately turn it into the worst one. I think the most common request is a damage reduction nerf? but invective can shut it down, pocket infinity can shut it down, thunderlord can shut it down... the risk of "complete waste" is so, so much higher than say FoH or Nova Bomb.

and honestly i'm blanking on how to nerf the suros regime further too. I guess just a range dropoff thing would be fine. it's still plenty good at mid-long range with the upgrades.

The best blade dancer balance I've read was making whiffed attacks consume more super so you can't just pound in the Melee button and let auto aim take over.

Range drop off on Regime in pvp is all it needs imo.

realcZk

Anyone? Like if you set a story mission to level 12 versus level 8 do the enemies when running through it as level 12 give more XP per kill?

This would make the most sense in a game of this variety, but I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't. There isn't much incentive for playing hard difficulties period.

Tovarisc

Sorral, after that Crucible match you just lost every right to complain how "OP" AR's or shotties are ;)

All I see is fusion rifles everywhere one hit killing everything at insane ranges aka just another day in Crucible.

Nameless

Grabbed a Suros. No need for a new primary, but I'm in curator mode at this point anyway. Besides, another exotic to level will give me something to do that's not panhandling for raid spots. Fully upgraded I do see it having situational value, though it's a hard sell keeping the Gjallarhorn out of the rotation for any extended length of time.

Also got a Plan C from a Tiger Strike. The mods don't blow me away but I'll take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom