• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Got Armamentarium last week, it's fully leveled up. Worth it to get the better DSC stat rolled Armamentarium this week?
i say no. we're probably taking 2 seconds or less of difference here. you've spent your hard-earned shards already, stick with your current piece.

Deku Tree

My goal for tonight is to get 200 nightfall kills along with the nerfed pocket infinity. That's all.

Although the also getting a K/d spread of 25 in crucible and getting invective would be an added bonus.

Special C

Got Armamentarium last week, it's fully leveled up. Worth it to get the better DSC stat rolled Armamentarium this week?

So how do Stats work on gear? Are the ones you buy with marks fixed and the ones you get from Drops random? Will it always contain the same stats I/D/S just in different amounts? Also what about the attributes? Sorry that's a lot of questions, but Destiny doesn't have the best wikis out there compared to many other games like Warframe and WoW

dengatron

The no upgrades suros revolution is upon us. Its just a higher damage shadow price or grim citizen. Try it out. No recoil. 28 damage headshots.

mstevens

Missed your post, sorry. No problem.

Sounds good.

1 more spot, may potentially run 2 tonight.

McStevens88
Madgame
Darryl_M_R
ArkkAngel007
Patroclos

You're the man. Looking forward to it. My new primary isn't as leveled as I'd like, but my maxed Icebreaker and my level (28) should make up for it a little.

edit: Is there a quick way to level a primary a bit before the raid...? I've already done all my bounties. Would "We've woken the hive!" work alright?

Iceman829

I need to figure out a non-verbal communication method lol.

Point = Yes
Wave = No
Dance = I'm faster at the jumping puzzle than Thirsty.

It worked out well last time. I told you to dance if you were ready and whatnot.

Your dance button might break if you celebrate beating thirsty down the puzzle. He takes more plunges than an olympic diver does.

Deku Tree

What's a better gun for going for the 25 k/d spread in crucible my TLW? or my SUROS? My k/d is currently at 14. What is the best game to play for this purpose?

I would be interested also. you definitely more experienced than I, I'm certainly not a Raid whiz by any stretch. I am nearing the point of running normal without dying aside from some Gatekeeper flukes and Gorgon gazes. Hard mode however, I feel my skills need improvement and most of the times I play I feel most of the others on the team are stronger players. I need to make a few modifications to my tools and tactics depending on what I'm doing. I have legitimately completed all encounters on Hard except for Atheon.

Yeah, sounds good, I will be around for sure. Maxed weapons are the best thing for hard raid, especially raid weapons, Gjall, and Icebreaker. Also, I think GKeepers are harder than Atheon. He isn't a problem if the team has the DPS (i.e. maxed weapons).

zewone

To be honest, you whole team shouldn't be on the circle anyway, if some spread out and take out the threat before they get there or the special is used on them miles away then that's not an issue.

Saying that, a blade dancer would still blitz through the whole team regardless. I nailed a whole team who was spread out enough like I just mentioned. :|
If everyone is getting points from the cap it goes to the total for the team. That's 100 points per person for a neutralize and cap.

They need to fix Xur.

They either need to let him sell more than one weapon at a time or have him show up more than once a week.

I keep hearing from people with tons of Strange Coins and NOTHING to spend them on.

zewone

They need to fix Xur.

They either need to let him sell more than one weapon at a time or have him show up more than once a week.

I keep hearing from people with tons of Strange Coins and NOTHING to spend them on.
I have 102 coins. Really only looking for Glajahorn from Xur though. I wish I could spend my coins on something else. Motes and coins should have been the same currency.

MADGAME

You're the man. Looking forward to it. My new primary isn't as leveled as I'd like, but my maxed Icebreaker and my level (28) should make up for it a little.

edit: Is there a quick way to level a primary a bit before the raid...? I've already done all my bounties. Would "We've woken the hive!" work alright?
Hmm maybe others would be able to weigh in, as I level up my weapons by bounties. Having 3 characters means just picking the easy 100/5000 bounties (quick ones like the story missions) and getting them leveled fairly quickly. I believe shooting higher level enemies may level your weapons quicker, and if you have enough kills for a higher Grimoire Rank (check the back of the card for the weapon type you are using), you will acquire experience faster for that weapon type. Before I had 3 characters I would go to Mars, and head forward from where you spawn where the 4 Cabal fight the Minotaur and Goblins. I just kept shooting them and triggering respawns. Mayber there is a better tactic but I'm not sure outside of bounties.

What is your primary and what upgrades do you have?

Yeah, sounds good, I will be around for sure. Maxed weapons are the best thing for hard raid, especially raid weapons, Gjall, and Icebreaker. Also, I think GKeepers are harder than Atheon. He isn't a problem if the team has the DPS (i.e. maxed weapons).

You know what I need to modify my last comment. I have beaten all encounters except Atheon but they were not legitimate outside of conflux defense and Gatekeepers. Not sure how that word snuck it's way in there.

I have 102 coins. Really only looking for Glajahorn from Xur though. I wish I could spend my coins on something else. Motes and coins should have been the same currency.

I have a character for each class so now I just buy any exotic armor I don't already have. Gotta catch 'em all! Even if I never use them. Nothing else to do with the coins.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

phen0m24

tonight's feeling like one of those nights i'm gonna have to plan out what I want to accomplish or i'll just spin in circles

i'm thinkinnng

1. *nap* i love naps
2. groggy spirit bloom farming to get hawkmoon its final upgrade filled.
3. Skirmish -> I got an itch for some skirmish matches, will be looking for a team here
4. get my Warlock to Vanguard 2 and thus 26
5. Run a Weekly 26 on my Warlock
6. Hawkian's Pay-it-Forward Weekly Heroic/Nightfall Help Service
7. Rumble until I lose consciousness

if anyone's interested in joining up for any bits of this just watch this thread as i'll ask here for each new thing.

now to just make it through the rest of the workday somehow

1) You need a nap.
2) Spirit bloom farming is fun! Ember Caves and Captain Slaying FTW.
3) Don't think I've played Skirmish but like to rez teammates with Da Bubble. (TM)
4) I need to get my NM level to 3 to collect.... ?
5) My Warlock is 24 and needs to power level. Will a 26 run destroy her? (She can "borrow" leveled up Titan weapons.. Oooohhhh
6) Hey I would run it with you with my 28 Titan as I've not done it yet.
7) Is Rumble FFA? (Yeah, I play control. A LOT)

So, in short - YES! (tries not to stalk but that totally lined up)

Is it 5 yet? :)

tonight's feeling like one of those nights i'm gonna have to plan out what I want to accomplish or i'll just spin in circles

i'm thinkinnng

1. *nap* i love naps
2. groggy spirit bloom farming to get hawkmoon its final upgrade filled.
3. Skirmish -> I got an itch for some skirmish matches, will be looking for a team here
4. get my Warlock to Vanguard 2 and thus 26
5. Run a Weekly 26 on my Warlock
6. Hawkian's Pay-it-Forward Weekly Heroic/Nightfall Help Service
7. Rumble until I lose consciousness

if anyone's interested in joining up for any bits of this just watch this thread as i'll ask here for each new thing.

now to just make it through the rest of the workday somehow
I still need to do my Weekly Heroic so I'll do my bounties first and then if you're ready for it anywhere during or after that I'll be down.
man you people with all those extra coins don't need shards either?

Nope! Doing Raids, Heroic Daily, and a public group event daily gets you all the shards and energies you need, I haven't even had to bother buying legendaries with marks and salvaging. I think I did that once or twice when I was about to hit the mark cap. I have nothing to do with these coins because Xur sucks!

Namikaze1

Yo, Math, I can play with you guys during the usual time for the flawless raider attempt. Thought I had to work but I'm not on the schedule today.

So please, don't replace me! I beg you!

joecanada

You can buy exotic armor and then dismantle it.

ah yes thanks and thanks hawkian, I figured this out as soon as I typed it... LOL

I usually do farming + bounties + patrols and then buy shit legendaries with vanguard marks but ya that works too.... thanks.

mstevens

Hmm maybe others would be able to weigh in, as I level up my weapons by bounties. Having 3 characters means just picking the easy 100/5000 bounties (quick ones like the story missions) and getting them leveled fairly quickly. I believe shooting higher level enemies may level your weapons quicker, and if you have enough kills for a higher Grimoire Rank (check the back of the card for the weapon type you are using), you will acquire experience faster for that weapon type. Before I had 3 characters I would go to Mars, and head forward from where you spawn where the 4 Cabal fight the Minotaur and Goblins. I just kept shooting them and triggering respawns. Mayber there is a better tactic but I'm not sure outside of bounties.

What is your primary and what upgrades do you have?

You know what I need to modify my last comment. I have beaten all encounters except Atheon but they were not legitimate outside of conflux defense and Gatekeepers. Not sure how that word snuck it's way in there.

I have a bad seed down that is just missing the energy upgrades... Leveling a Vanquisher VIII now about halfway done I'd say and that is the gun I'll be bringing tonight. Not going to try leveling Suros before tonight.

I'll be okay I think. Like I said, my icebreaker is maxed out.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
1) You need a nap.
2) Spirit bloom farming is fun! Ember Caves and Captain Slaying FTW.
3) Don't think I've played Skirmish but like to rez teammates with Da Bubble. (TM)
4) I need to get my NM level to 3 to collect.... ?
5) My Warlock is 24 and needs to power level. Will a 26 run destroy her? (She can "borrow" leveled up Titan weapons.. Oooohhhh
6) Hey I would run it with you with my 28 Titan as I've not done it yet.
7) Is Rumble FFA? (Yeah, I play control. A LOT)

So, in short - YES! (tries not to stalk but that totally lined up)

Is it 5 yet? :)
answers in a number jumble go! 1) yeah i overdosed on freedom last night 2) i'm still getting used to the ember caves but I agree it really can be fun 3) skirmish is awesome if you are willing to join up i'll teach yah everything 4) something goooood 5) nah 24 would be fine if I get comfortably to 26. compared to the night the 26 strike is like candy cake. the weekly heroics have checkpoints! checkpooooints! 6) excellent, i'm certainly down to help with that (or let you help me try and get my warlock through that too if your'e willing) 7) yes indeed it is
I still need to do my Weekly Heroic so I'll do my bounties first and then if you're ready for it anywhere during or after that I'll be down.
awesome.
Nope! Doing Raids, Heroic Daily, and a public group event daily gets you all the shards and energies you need, I haven't even had to bother buying legendaries with marks and salvaging. I think I did that once or twice when I was about to hit the mark cap. I have nothing to do with these coins because Xur sucks!
oh man, yeah... amazing what a difference a solid two weeks without a single daily being done makes to your ascendant income. and now I have two characters to do them on!

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Damnit, I want Last Word sooo bad. Its the only exotic left that I desire (that I wasn't lucky enough to get).

Seems like most people get it through crucible. I find that kind of interesting. Too bad I don't like PVP in this game :(

I can jump online now and join with my 29 alt warlock. Lots of hard and normal clears, maxed weapons, etc. PSN is DrDrizzay101, I will be on in two minutes.
Well, nothing going as of now. I'll add you atleast. I'll invite you if I get more people. It seems there are not a lot of takers right now:(
Edit: I'll add all. Give me a minute or two:)

MADGAME

I have a bad seed down that is just missing the energy upgrades... Leveling a Vanquisher VIII now about halfway done I'd say and that is the gun I'll be bringing tonight. Not going to try leveling Suros before tonight.

I'll be okay I think. Like I said, my icebreaker is maxed out.

Yeah should be good, was just wondering. Hopefully you and everyone else leaves with some new Raid weapons!

awesome.

oh man, yeah... amazing what a difference a solid two weeks without a single daily being done makes to your ascendant income. and now I have two characters to do them on!

Gotta keep yourself in the grind somehow! hehe If I were to start up a Titan alt I'd be right smack back in the mega grind but I'm putting that off so I'll be able to do stuff like start my damn copy of The Evil Within ;P I want to get my Praxic and max it out and otherwise get the best weapons I have maxed out before DLCs so I'll be ready for anything! I still need to find a G-Horn though...

Iceman829

XboxOne Normal Raid
11pm ET Tonight!
Ideally experienced players looking for an efficient run thru

I'll add a sign-up list here just in case anyone reads this:

1. dmh33
2. iceman829

Also as a heads up. I might've locked down a hard mode checkpoint. Just trying to work out the logistics with the guy from England on my list getting it from his friend.

purg3

slept with Malkin
After spending most of the afternoon doing bounty missions and farming spinmetal and iron, I finally hit level 30. Just need to work on maxing a few more weapons now. The material grind in this game is horrible, I don't know why I do it because it's not fun at all.

2014-10-24.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom