• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arrrammis

Same here, except mine is a Female Warlock. Honestly, it's the only thing that makes sense. Warlocks have Awoken to psychic powers. Hunters are basically vanilla humans and everything they do is some feat of strength. Titans bubble shields are obviously advanced technology, meaning Exo.

I think of it another way. What if the Awoken are the titans, and the bubble shield and ground strike are their power? Or Exo Warlocks, who utilize their advanced technology to tap into the void (or just turn on flamethrowers for sunsinger :) ). The exo could also easily be the hunters, and there are plenty of good examples (HK-51 or HK-47 from Star Wars anyone?).

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Holy hell, why is Super Good Advice a thing that exists, I hope someone tells me the later upgrades helps the stability because I feel I get more control from the Pocket Infinity's auto burst.

It's a piece of crap as far as I'm concerned. It's rotting in my vault - the stability on it makes it unusable.

Marvel

could never
Yes. Yes you are.

But we love you anyway.

ikFqKMhKVXfEW.gif

todd360

Getting no death raid trophy tonight. This time for sure. Fo realz. Fo sho. It's gonna happen. I'm prepared.

Channel your energy to my team destinyGAF. Wish us luck. Praise the sun.

Arrrammis

I have a vanguard missive. Should I take the Thorn or the Bad Juju?

Both are said to be underpowered right now. Bad Juju has a very small clip (15 shots=5 bursts) but with the final upgrade, it restores the magazine on a kill, making it very effective against mobs.

Thorn also has a small clip, and has a long reload. However, the rounds overpenetrate their targets, meaning that you can shoot an enemy and hit anyone behind them as well. This overpenetration also causes bleeding (I think) damage, which causes even more damage over time. I use this in PvP: get 2 headshots, then jump into cover and let them bleed out.

Deku Tree

The only one I'm missing is Pocket Infinity, which I bought 10 blue fusion rifles from the gunsmith weeks ago, and they're just sitting in the bank waiting.

There are 5 total, right? I've got

Bad Juju
Thorn
Invective
Super Good Advice

In fact, right now I'm doing Invective again, simply for the energy to dismantle.

Yup five total. I guess the invective bounty isn't that hard if your good at PvP, but IMO ther are much easier ways to farm ass mats like say doing public event loops.

I haven't checked the thread in a while since I'm on vacation and not playing Destiny, but wow, Todd360, your avatar is hilarious. I dismantled a Praxis chest just because I could.

LiK

Man, it takes a lot to irritate me, but I can't stand narrow minded raiders.

"No no no, ive always gone to the far left of the forgon maze before going right (vs. going down middle)"

Or worse...

"No no no, don't use weapons of light in middle platform (while fighting atheon)"

Fucking christ, lol

Heh, yea, I just go with the flow. Whatever it takes to get through it. Almost feels like being in a group project.

Marvel

could never
Man, it takes a lot to irritate me, but I can't stand narrow minded raiders.

"No no no, ive always gone to the far left of the forgon maze before going right (vs. going down middle)"

Or worse...

"No no no, don't use weapons of light in middle platform (while fighting atheon)"

Fucking christ, lol

iQMN4oF247QW.gif

This technique always calms me down...

Yaari

So does the Voidfang Warlock chest give me 2 grenades on spawn then, or just 1? I am a little low on Coins but I have not done my weeklies yet, and I can pretty much get 27 per week so I guess I can earn them back fairly easily.

Nodnol

Woop, Raid done. Getting better; didn't wipe at all apart from failed cheese attempts.

All I got was energy and shards and a duplicate VoC, so more energy!

Thanks to blackjaw360 for the help!

I pulled in a random on my friendslist who was a friend of a friend from COD4! Haven't talked since, but he hadn't done the Raid at all, so it was great for him to see it and experience it all. Doubt he would have ever seen the content without a random invite!

dengatron

So does the Voidfang Warlock chest give me 2 grenades on spawn then, or just 1? I am a little low on Coins but I have not done my weeklies yet, and I can pretty much get 27 per week so I guess I can earn them back fairly easily.

if you're a sunsinger with double grenade thing equipped in skills, you get both. i like to run around and throw 2 firebolts at kids like a mini nova bomb. get off my points, motherfuckers.

BraXzy

Yup! Two grenades every time you spawn. I finally unlocked that perk on my Warlock and it is crazy in PvP. I almost always get one or more nade kills every life.

10687886_310727935800633_7939269491553421367_o.jpg

Don't enter the light?

Do it! Rahool might be hiding his goodies behind there!!!

Yaari

if you're a sunsinger with double grenade thing equipped in skills, you get both. i like to run around and throw 2 firebolts at kids like a mini nova bomb. get off my points, motherfuckers.

Okay, guess it is worth it for me then. I love the Warlock grenades.I hope I can get high enough discipline sacrificing that much strength though.

hydruxo

I want Vision of Confluence...bad. I need a good scout rifle and the A.1 I got from the Vanguard vendor isn't doing it for me.

Hopefully my dawg Atheon drops one for me tonight!

Both are said to be underpowered right now. Bad Juju has a very small clip (15 shots=5 bursts) but with the final upgrade, it restores the magazine on a kill, making it very effective against mobs.

Thorn also has a small clip, and has a long reload. However, the rounds overpenetrate their targets, meaning that you can shoot an enemy and hit anyone behind them as well. This overpenetration also causes bleeding (I think) damage, which causes even more damage over time. I use this in PvP: get 2 headshots, then jump into cover and let them bleed out.
The small clip of bad juju isn't even what makes the gun shit. It's the stupidly low impact.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
So Atilac tried to hook it up last night and it took me just a lil bit too long to get home and get online.

I work till about 11:30 PST ... will be home around 12...

anyone up for some Hard Vault goodness? I'll jump in on a checkpoint for Atheon ... whatevs..

psn: silkysm00th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom