• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku Tree

Where is the best spinmetal farming location?

For spirit bloom I go to ember caves.

For relic iron I go to scablands.

And for helium filaments I go to archers line.

But I haven't found a great spinmetal farming location. The rocket yards seems hit or miss. Sometimes great other times terrible.

Iceman829

For relic iron I go to ...

But I haven't found a great spinmetal farming location. The rocket yards seems hit or miss. Sometimes great other times terrible.

I always found "The Divide" to be pretty rich with spinmetal and chests. This is the area that spawns the devil walker public event. Usually best when no one is in the area

Raxus

For relic iron I go to ...

Spinmetal is pretty easy to find in the rocketyard, divide, mothyards...it is really easy

Relic Iron go to Dust Palace and the place past that with the vex.

Correct because you the loot from both hard and normal, so if you ran normal afterwards you'd get nothing.

But the chests are weird. I did hard raid yesterday which was my first raid run of the week and I only got 2 energy from a chest. Shouldn't I have gotten something else? That seems like reward for only regular or hard and not both.

So do you guys have the Gorgons down pat? Seems like you guys keep failing at the part I figured would be the bane of all that do this challenge, the JP puzzle which implies the Gorgons haven't been an issue.

Yeah, Gorgons is pretty easy on normal. Just run right through basically.

After spending most of the afternoon doing bounty missions and farming spinmetal and iron, I finally hit level 30. Just need to work on maxing a few more weapons now. The material grind in this game is horrible, I don't know why I do it because it's not fun at all.

2014-10-24.jpg

You got the two pieces from last night maxed already?

I have 102 coins. Really only looking for Glajahorn from Xur though. I wish I could spend my coins on something else. Motes and coins should have been the same currency.

I also really want Gjallahorn. OF all the weapons Xur could've sold again it HAD to be Suros and not Gjallahorn,

They should've let Xur sell Gjallahorn again. He hasn't had that since week 2. He sold Suros more recently.

Also as a heads up. I might've locked down a hard mode checkpoint. Just trying to work out the logistics with the guy from England on my list getting it from his friend.
Gotta get those ships!! Maybe if I'm not there you'll get useful stuff.

If any of your Alts need to run through Monday I'll be up for that.

Tovarisc

I must admit, Vex Mythoclast is easily my favorite weapon for PvP now. AR would be clearly "better" choice, but something about Vex in PvP is just so much fun.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Just do Vanguard Tiger Strikes man. You get so many blues and greens that way.
Blarghhhhhhhh. Strikes...
You used the exactly same race/class types than mine.
Same here, except mine is a Female Warlock. Honestly, it's the only thing that makes sense. Warlocks have Awoken to psychic powers. Hunters are basically vanilla humans and everything they do is some feat of strength. Titans bubble shields are obviously advanced technology, meaning Exo.

I'm about to try to power level to Level 29. Can I buy Legendary Gear from the Vanguard then deconstruct it for Shards? Do certain ones give more shards than the others? Could I just buy 6 Class Items and get a good amount?

Iceman829

I feel like they some add some type of "the darkness is taking over" bar on the planets (similar to Mass Effect 3 and how the MP helped your readiness level?) where it tries to get the community involved with doing missions / public events / raids / patrols on that planet to try and hold back the darkness.

This whole game they talk about "the darkness taking over" or that we helped push them back "for now", but there is no overall progress being tracked. I feel like it would add another aspect of the game. Also depending on your level of participation could impact the rewards you earn at the end of such event.

Anybody interested in running through the nightfall in about an hour on XB1?

I've already run it on my main this week but my l26 titan alt is hungry for some upgrades. I've got a fully-upgraded suros and some upgraded blue arc weapons, but i already know the strategies (and have a bubble shield!). not the biggest liability, but still in need of a little backpacking...

Heel

Wow, the Suros Regime upgrade that slows down your shooting while ADS does not feel good off the bat.

I guess when you max it out it and add range upgrades it'll feel more like a speedier scout rifle, though?

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
I've been agonizing over buying a second Suros so that I have one upgraded and one not, when I suddenly realized I have 92 Strange Coins burning a hole in my pocket. Fuck it; that makes the choice a whole lot easier.

Atkison04

Just wanted to update on my first raid earlier today. Met up with some dudes on destinylfg and made it up to the gate keepers before we disbanded. Only me and 2 others had mics so communication was weak. Also,no vex spawned at the sync plates to open the vault, which seemed really odd to start things off. I've got the gatekeeper check point if anyone on here is interested some time over the weekend. The only thing I got was shards so far :/

Wow, the Suros Regime upgrade that slows down your shooting while ADS does not feel good off the bat.

I guess when you max it out it and add range upgrades it'll feel more like a speedier scout rifle, though?

It does feel weird. Pre nerf it had pretty much 0 recoil and great range. It's not the same anymore but still very effective

Heel

I've been agonizing over buying a second Suros so that I have one upgraded and one not, when I suddenly realized I have 92 Strange Coins burning a hole in my pocket. Fuck it; that makes the choice a whole lot easier.

Yeah, I heard that having one that isn't upgraded is a great Crucible gun. I don't have the coinage to be buying two, though.

Arrrammis

So how do Stats work on gear? Are the ones you buy with marks fixed and the ones you get from Drops random? Will it always contain the same stats I/D/S just in different amounts? Also what about the attributes? Sorry that's a lot of questions, but Destiny doesn't have the best wikis out there compared to many other games like Warframe and WoW

The gear you buy with marks have fixed stats and perks that are displayed before you buy them, while the ones you get from random drops or engrams have random I/S/D, but the same armor values (same impact, range, etc. on weapons) and random perks.

deafmedal

Pasting from other thread :p

Looking for three to run raid, normal or hard, we have normal experience but not hard. Wouldn't mind running with inexperienced players for normal...
PSN deafmedal

Iceman829

Gotta get those ships!! Maybe if I'm not there you'll get useful stuff.

If any of your Alts need to run through Monday I'll be up for that.

I need to lock it down first and then I do my best to preserve it till you get back. I'll also see about copying it forward so I'm not the only 1 with it. You should be covered unless they patch it Monday...

Deku Tree

The only exotic bounty that I haven't gotten yet is the one for super good advice. Actually I got offered it today, but I took the pocket infinity one instead because I idon't have that yet either.

Steroyd

Holy hell, why is Super Good Advice a thing that exists, I hope someone tells me the later upgrades helps the stability because I feel I get more control from the Pocket Infinity's auto burst.

dengatron

i hope this game gets no more nerfs tbh. its getting to the point where if someone gets killed by something repeatedly, "nerf" is the go to solution. what happened to adjusting, adapting and overcoming?
Unfortunately you're playing the wrong game then. They've already said suros is still too strong and will receive more nerfs. Suros was 5 shot head shot no recoil .7 second time to kill and its almost still just as strong. I wish it could stay in as it currently is because I'm having fun murdering people but as of right now it's probably going to get neutered. Then they'll probably buff it when they realize how far they nerfed it. The cycle of life and death continues.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong

I have an upgraded Vision Of Confluence (Scout Rifle) that fires in Full Auto and my Suros Regime is still a more devastating weapon at any range. Great thing about VoC is that it has elemental damage, and doesn't take up an exotic slot :)

The only exotic bounty that I haven't gotten yet is the one for super good advice. Actually I got offered it today, but I took the pocket infinity one instead because I idon't have that yet either.

The only one I'm missing is Pocket Infinity, which I bought 10 blue fusion rifles from the gunsmith weeks ago, and they're just sitting in the bank waiting.

There are 5 total, right? I've got

Bad Juju
Thorn
Invective
Super Good Advice

In fact, right now I'm doing Invective again, simply for the energy to dismantle.

Holy hell, why is Super Good Advice a thing that exists, I hope someone tells me the later upgrades helps the stability because I feel I get more control from the Pocket Infinity's auto burst.

It's more of a novelty than a serious weapon. I love running around while doing patrol and just killing low level enemies. It sounds and feels cool in short bursts

Blarghhhhhhhh. Strikes...

Same here, except mine is a Female Warlock. Honestly, it's the only thing that makes sense. Warlocks have Awoken to psychic powers. Hunters are basically vanilla humans and everything they do is some feat of strength. Titans bubble shields are obviously advanced technology, meaning Exo.

I'm about to try to power level to Level 29. Can I buy Legendary Gear from the Vanguard then deconstruct it for Shards? Do certain ones give more shards than the others? Could I just buy 6 Class Items and get a good amount?
Well, that's logical, but who needs logic? Robots with psychic powers and Awoken hunters using their powers to enhance their senses and endurance just seemed more fun to me. If only the game acknowledged any of it in the "story." I've been spoiled by Mass Effect in that regard.

The one time I deconstructed a duplicate piece of Vanguard Legendary gear, I got 3 shards. I think it was boots, but I can't remember. So you can.

squidyj

The only one I'm missing is Pocket Infinity, which I bought 10 blue fusion rifles from the gunsmith weeks ago, and they're just sitting in the bank waiting.

There are 5 total, right? I've got

Bad Juju
Thorn
Invective
Super Good Advice

In fact, right now I'm doing Invective again, simply for the energy to dismantle.

just picked up pocket infinity bounty, done thorn and invective and i have the pvp part of bad juju ahead of me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom