• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plasma Drive doesn't change color, upgrades Sparrow to Legendary, improves Speed and Durability. Emerald coil changes boost color to green, adds previous improvements. Void Drive changes boost color to purple, adds previous improvements. Stealth Drive changes boost color to red, adds previous improvements.

I will add that the Stealth Drive color change is very minimal. I'd go with either the Emerald Coil or Void Drive if you wanna 'stand out'.

Plasma drive makes the trail blueish purple, I have one.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
was thinking about small things that i'd like to see added to destiny... how about rare "public" events that have ZERO baring on the game itself but would add to the atmosphere/world? Wouldnt it be bad ass after playing for countless hours on earth to see in the old old old russia skybox something new and unexpected like the aurora boreallis? or an atmosphere altering eruption on venus? vex transforming venus? massive cabal explosions on mars? just crazy shit to mess with the game world in interesting ways.

darthbob

Awwwwwwww yeeeeeeeee

Power Matters (More!)
The goal for Level Advantages in PVP had been to create relatively small advantages that would suffice only to tilt the balance between players of equal skill towards the player of greater achievement, expressed in terms of his gear. But we now believe we have been too conservative, and that small tilts failed to meet anyone’s expectations.

In the next Iron Banner, we will debut a much more dramatic difference between players of wide variation in Level. We will detail the changes in an article of its own to come as soon as we settle on some of the numbers.

Because of this, the next Iron Banner will also require a Fireteam leader to be Level 20 to enter. While lower Level players may join in with their Level 20+ chaperone, they will find it very challenging.

EL CUCO

Just took Thorn out to the Crucible for the first time...

c2F3LJm.jpg

Got some gun called the last word from a legendary engram I missed during a strike. I already have The Devil You Know though so I dismantled it. Was it any good?

Iceman829

As heartbreaking as that sounds at least you guys know you will get it last time. I've been trying to get a group together for Xbox.

I wouldn't mind giving it a run. I'm doing a normal raid tonight just to be disapointed in my drops, but if you are looking for a squad I'm willing to bring my hunter to shoot dudes

Definitely like the upgraded Suros more. Head shots like hot knife thru butter. I figured The Last Word was my primary PvP weapon anyway, that the Suros would be my PvE weapon but I'm wrecking with it in PvP.

Gordon

Hmm - rerolling guns sounds interesting. On a broad scale that would have been nice before I broke down my Doctor Nope that was lacking stability upgrades.

SharkJAW

Wow, Rumble is 100% shogun trash
lol welcome to destiny. Where suros/shotgun is king.

After further use of the Vex Mythoclast, I'd probably put it slightly above a Shingen-E, but worse at range (in terms of stability). Suros obviously shits on just about every other primary except for TLW and hawkmoon. I might have been saying different if the vex had a very slight damage boost or reduced recoil. The Suros gets fully upgraded stability for god's sake.

colinp

Banned
Wow, so entirely focused on PvP (Iron Banner), which I couldn't care any less about, and nothing else.

No mention of the patch, or of fixing any of the many bugs/glitches in the game.

This isn't even funny or ripe for ridicule, its simply poor communication.

They're working on it, it takes time. Chill. When they have something to say they'll say it.

Gordon

Wow, so entirely focused on PvP (Iron Banner), which I couldn't care any less about, and nothing else.

No mention of the patch, or of fixing any of the many bugs/glitches in the game.

This isn't even funny or ripe for ridicule, its simply poor communication.
Gaf: "So, when's that patch you were talking about coming?"
Bungie: "HAY GUIZE WE GOT SOME CRAAAZZYYYY CHANGES FOR THE IRON BANNER SO GET READY TO SHIT ON UNDERLEVELED PLAYERS!!!"

Yaari

Yeah can't believe they thought that would please anyone. Glad they did not go through with it.

Their patch is not even mentioned. Wow.

They're working on it, it takes time. Chill. When they have something to say they'll say it.

As a PvE exclusive player Bungie hasn't really filled me with confidence.

They have neglected all the bugs and glitches in the Raid, as in THEY HAVE NEVER MENTIONED THEM ONCE. Other than the lack of a report screen and you have to manually go to orbit at the end.

I am glad they are retooling Iron Banner, but they didn't mention what the PvE equivalent will be, other than that the Queen's Wrath has to go back in the oven or whatever.

In the end, it is simple to see that we won't get any substantial additions to the game for free, my hope was that we would get some in game events, specifically timed public events that were new, or something along those lines. Instead anything like that will be paid for through expansions.

At this rate next Friday will be October 31st, and unless they have another event roster for us like after the game launched, we likely won't see anything substantial until The Dark Below. Which really puts Bungie into a tight spot since there will be a lot riding on that expansion for the playerbase.

Not a reset. Just increased to rank 5 from what I read in the update.

I was just worried about this part, still I just want the chest piece for fun.

In the next Iron Banner, you will still have the Rank achieved in the last. But we still want players to come together for at least a few nights of team PVP, including veterans of the last event, so the Iron Banner ranks have been increased to 5. Some of the adjustments above will help players ascend more quickly through these and existing ranks.

In future Iron Banners, we will change over from Reputation to an Event Standing model where ranks are reset
, but only after we better tune the effort required to reach the higher ranks.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Ok so i figured durring the day i might have more success... BUT i'm on my Vita at work :( anyone ... any SAINT out there... want to hand hold me through Hard Atheon cheese or something? I need at least one tiny roll chance at the last word!!

Please gaf.... I beg of thee!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom