• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jito

Banned
Wow these weekly updates never get any better. Of course they were going to fix Iron Banner, it was ridiculous in it's original state. Is that all we get then this week? Nothing about matchmaking for dailies and weekly again, sighhhhhhhhh.

Haines

Banned
New iron banner sounds good enough to me.

I just want a patch to hit so I have a reason to play again but god damn if d3 isn't doing an amazing job scratching the itch.

Congrats on flawless. lol

I figure I should ask, anyone else want to try it? lol

We need to start building a list of people that want to do it but probably more appropriate in the other thread even though this one gets way more activity. This is the one instance where I feel I'd want all level 30s just to minimize the chance of death as much as possible. Also, everyone fairly confident with JP portion and one person that can lead without confusion for Gorgon.

Frenden

Banned
Wow these weekly updates never get any better. Of course they were going to fix Iron Banner, it was ridiculous in it's original state. Is that all we get then this week? Nothing about matchmaking for dailies and weekly again, sighhhhhhhhh.

I don't think rendering the gear people who ranked up to three earned obsolete is much of a fix. I spent a lot of time grinding for wins with dropping randoms to get to rank 3. And now they tell me I need to earn two ranks and my purchased items are obsolete.

They couldn't have posted an update that made me angrier if they asked me to write my worst ideas down ahead of time.

todd360

N73Z6Ia.jpg

Jito

Banned
I don't think rendering the gear people who ranked up to three earned obsolete is much of a fix. I spent a lot of time grinding for wins with dropping randoms to get to rank 3. And now they tell me I need to earn two ranks and my purchased items are obsolete.

They couldn't have posted an update that made me angrier if they asked me to write my worst ideas down ahead of time.

Shit that's annoying man, guess I mean a fix just for us who didn't bother playing at all.

Just finished the Black Garden again on a new character, went to orbit before the final cutscene and didn't get the Strangers Rifle? Have I broke the game?

jay23

GAF, rank these legenedary shotguns for me, I need to pick one for pvp use:

Found Verdict(raid): http://www.destinydb.com/items/892741686-found-verdict#1.MmQcRoQ8

The Comedian(meh perks): http://www.destinydb.com/items/3551403306-the-comedian#1.MmDfGd18

Judgement VI(again, mediocre perks): http://www.destinydb.com/items/1143728002-judgment-vi#1.MmDfGd18

I'm leaning towards the raid shotty, but that rate of fire is such a killer after using Invective for so long. Note, I use the shotgun when the enemy is within 10 feet or so to spazz out and forget about it otherwise, so I don't know what use this high impact surgical version will be for me.

Comedian was my go to shotgun before I got found verdict. Found verdict is a beast with the extra range perk, only thing better is invective.

Raxus

We need to start building a list of people that want to do it but probably more appropriate in the other thread even though this one gets way more activity. This is the one instance where I feel I'd want all level 30s just to minimize the chance of death as much as possible. Also, everyone fairly confident with JP portion and one person that can lead without confusion for Gorgon.

I am a level 30 titan gunning for it but I don't have high hopes.

Sofa King

So, will I be able to get boots from the iron banner and get to 30 as a replacement for the stubborn raid boots that aren't dropping? If so, I guess I'll play some pvp next week.

Gordon

Not even if they decided to pull TLW's full auto and bump the level cap by one to make all raid gear obsolete? Come on, get creative :) lol

Carn82

Noobish question: how often can you replay a daily or weekly and get rewards in relation to difficulty level? Could I do the weekly heroic on 26 and then on 28 and get 3 + 6 coins (or something like that)?

Comedian was my go to shotgun before I got found verdict. Found verdict is a beast with the extra range perk, only thing better is invective.

So is Invective the best shotgun in the game? I mean I guess it depends on what perks you happen to get if some are random, but in general?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
This update is good but kinda baffling, unless they have another update, they mentioned a hot fix last week but no word for 7 days. Wtf is going on.

i'd take that as good news and adjusting based on preliminary feedback. we'll see

EL CUCO

So, will I be able to get boots from the iron banner and get to 30 as a replacement for the stubborn raid boots that aren't dropping? If so, I guess I'll play some pvp next week.

This will definitely get me on the next IB. I didn't even touch it last time because it was a waste of time.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Noobish question: how often can you replay a daily or weekly and get rewards in relation to difficulty level? Could I do the weekly heroic on 26 and then on 28 and get 3 + 6 coins (or something like that)?
yes. that's the only example of what you're talking about though. a daily is a one-and-done at the difficulty of your choice each day.

I believe the most you can get total is 9.

I'm sorry I don't remember the levels exactly right now but If you do level 22 (or whatever level it is that gives you 3 coins) and get 3 coins, after that the level 22 won't give you any, 24 will only give you an additional 3 coins (instead of the normal 6), and 28 would only give you 6 additional (instead of 9).

Snicky

Any hard mode raids tonight? About to log on, level 30 titan on PS4. Invite me if anyone is interested in getting a group going. Down to help recruit and have cleared with all 29s previously.

PSN: Sn1cky

Any hard mode raids tonight? About to log on, level 30 titan on PS4. Invite me if anyone is interested in getting a group going. Down to help recruit and have cleared with all 29s previously.

PSN: Sn1cky
I am interested if you're able to get a group going.

29 Warlock/PSN: Darknyss

Any Raid groups?

I have a lvl 27 Warlock alt. I've been through the Raid plenty of times on normal and Hard with mains and alts. Looking for experienced team.

PSN: Subtervotion

Cruxist

So that weekly update addressed basically all of my issues with Iron Banner. I am really excited for the next round now.

The fact that the gear will be viable for level 30 characters is wonderful, and just the fact that a "re-forging" mechanic exists is really promising.

Evil Beaver

Now that everyone has a Suros and thanks to the fast time-to-kill PVP has pretty much turned into CoD. 30 fps CoD with questionable net-code.

Is Dragon Age out yet?..... :(

Frenden

Banned
"If you’re having loot problems, I feel bad for you, son. You got 99 engrams and an exotic ain’t one."

Sing it, brother!

So angry right now. This update is great for people that never played Iron Banner and a total kick in the face for people that put in the time to get to rank three while the system was horribly broken.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah, the other thread is kind of dead sadly. I figure the jumping part will be the hardest part of the raid though... I don't know if being 30 would matter?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So angry right now. This update is great for people that never played Iron Banner and a total kick in the face for people that put in the time to get to rank three while the system was horribly broken.
won't it take you much less time to get to rank 5 than someone starting from scratch?

Wow iron banner may be worth it now and this will allow people to mix up their armor choices for different effects!?

I just hope all of the iron banner armor doesn't just contain STR.

Also I hope the two armor slot for Iron Banner are the two slots they have yet to include for it. So I can get level 30 armor for chest and legs for my Hunter.

Frenden

Banned
won't it take you much less time to get to rank 5 than someone starting from scratch?

I guess! But two things grate here.

1. They said rep wouldn't reset. I consoled myself by saying the grind was worth it. Like ALL OTHER faction vendors, I'd achieved rank three and could now buy what they sell each time. Now, in a total reversal of what we as players with staid expectations of how these systems work know to be true, you need to be rank five to get good gear. And the rank will reset. And I achieved that rank while the system was super broken and harder to gain.

2. I spent Crucible marks on gear that is now obsolete. And there's no recompense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom