• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

purg3

slept with Malkin
The proposed Iron Banner changes sound great. I'm still dumbfounded that it wasn't this way to start though. I mean, what they are saying now was supposed to be the whole point of the even to begin with...

Carn82

yes. that's the only example of what you're talking about though. a daily is a one-and-done at the difficulty of your choice each day.

I believe the most you can get total is 9.

I'm sorry I don't remember the levels exactly right now but If you do level 22 (or whatever level it is that gives you 3 coins) and get 3 coins, after that the level 22 won't give you any, 24 will only give you an additional 3 coins (instead of the normal 6), and 28 would only give you 6 additional (instead of 9).

Cool, thanks. Just solo cheesed my way through level 28 phogoth and got 6 coins, will check tomorrow if I can get three more.

ocean

Banned
Got a glitched Public Event on the Moon. Look at this drunk ass Walker, couldn't even land on the ground:

AaOwBv0.jpg

FnMfy7P.jpg

Since he was just floating up there he never activated so he was immune to most hits. I ended up killing it by Machine Gunning his head and getting a little damage it. It was so bizarre, never had something like this happen. He just floated there awkwardly while I shot him.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
On hard?

I mean it takes about an hour on normal. But at the best of times there are usually a few mistakes at the confluxes on the higher difficulty

Yeah, hard. A group should be able to do it in around 2 hours. I guess I wrongly assumed you meant it was a 3-4+ hour affair since you puts hours in all caps, sorry.

Need to get off work asap so I can finish leveling up the last 2 upgrades for my Titan's Exotic gauntlets.

What are the best methods to get XP for them? I was doing "We've Woken the Hive" a bunch and control matches since they have an XP boost currently.

Is there a database as to how much XP things like public events and patrol missions get you?

Got a glitched Public Event on the Moon. Look at this drunk ass Walker, couldn't even land on the ground:

AaOwBv0.jpg

FnMfy7P.jpg

Since he was just floating up there he never activated so he was immune to most hits. I ended up killing it by Machine Gunning his head and getting a little damage it. It was so bizarre, never had something like this happen. He just floated there awkwardly while I shot him.

Definitely intentional and not a bug. Destiny, now with realistic gravity effects!

So another weekly update with nothing addressing farming for materials...

How are they okay with us running around in circles doing essentially NOTHING?

Because there's hardly any content in the game. The more time you have to spend grinding out materials is more time you're on Destiny. They don't give a shit if you're enjoying yourself, they just want you on the game.

Cruxist

So angry right now. This update is great for people that never played Iron Banner and a total kick in the face for people that put in the time to get to rank three while the system was horribly broken.

Eh, I feel your pain. But once I realized it wasn't worth it, I stopped playing Iron Banner. This update fixes nearly every issue I had, so I'm much more excited for future events. It even sounds like Queen's Wrath might be worth it next time!

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)

i think that was anticipated and it doesnt really break the progression they had in mind.

X-Frame

Eh, I feel your pain. But once I realized it wasn't worth it, I stopped playing Iron Banner. This update fixes nearly every issue I had, so I'm much more excited for future events. It even sounds like Queen's Wrath might be worth it next time!

Same here. I played until I got to Rank 1 and then realized that it was next to pointless, so I just returned to regular Crucible and forgot that the IB was even there.

Next time though, completely the opposite. I just wish they would keep it around longer than just a week.

Hotfix 1.7.8

Upgrade materials are too easy to obtain and result in people playing the same area of the game over and over again. This is not how we intended for you to play. We will be increasing the respawn timer of these materials to 30 minutes and decreasing the amount of time they stay in the gameworld after they are picked up to two seconds.

Love,

Bungie

Frenden

Banned

That's good for you, but super unfair to the people that ground to three.

Heel

The Iron Lords respect perseverance and tenacity. In the next Iron Banner, players will receive a Medallion of Iron on a loss. Upon their next win, each Medallion they carry will convert into a reputation gain almost equal to a win.

ib2akwYDvkuasU.gif

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Well, 28 on my warlock now. To hit 29 this week I'll have to get lucky in the raid. lvl 0 - 28 in about 3 days.

Ok, I think I died to Suros enough in pvp to go buy one.

Lost to my zero upgrades vex, and full upgrade VoC. also I suck at pvp. But meh I think it'll be worth it just so that I don't later go "man I should have bought it when it was on sale"

I can see that happening.

Seriously though, I need so much iron and helium that it's making me not want to play the game.

And I LOVE the game... I wish so badly this one aspect of it wasn't in existence.

They should let us buy Iron Relic, Helium Filaments and Spinmetal. Make them pretty expensive, but what else could the Glimmer be for, anyway?

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
The events needed adjusting so it's good that they're doing it.

It's just that there's a lot of pressing issues that they're being silent about.

Cruxist

That's good for you, but super unfair to the people that ground to three.

I don't really think its unfair. They're ultimately adding to the event and making it even more worthwhile to actually play.

As someone who hit rank 3, you're primed to hit 5 even faster and then get the level 30 armor. That armor didn't even exist before, and the fact that its in the game now is fantastic.

EL CUCO

AaOwBv0.jpg

FnMfy7P.jpg

I didn't even know a PE Walker dropped on the moon. First time I see that.

Need to get off work asap so I can finish leveling up the last 2 upgrades for my Titan's Exotic gauntlets.

What are the best methods to get XP for them? I was doing "We've Woken the Hive" a bunch and control matches since they have an XP boost currently.

Is there a database as to how much XP things like public events and patrol missions get you?

Any suggestions?

purg3

slept with Malkin
I can see that happening.

Seriously though, I need so much iron and helium that it's making me not want to play the game.

And I LOVE the game... I wish so badly this one aspect of it wasn't in existence.

I don't even want to admit how much time I spent farming today to level up my raid weapons and armor...This game is really a joke, but I can't stop.

Any suggestions?

Bounty missions are by far the fastest way.

X-Frame

So this means that, assuming the Medallion provides 15-20 reputation upon the next win .. we will receive 15-20 Iron Banner rep + 25 Iron Banner rep for the win?

That is a great idea! So even if I want to jump in solo one night, and my team's don't do so well and I collect a bunch of Medallions, the next time I party up with some Gaffers I'll be able to cash them all in.

I don't even want to admit how much time I spent farming today to level up my raid weapons and armor...This game is really a joke, but I can't stop.

I have two raid guns and two pieces of raid armor I got this week.

So they all need leveling, and they all either take helium, or iron. I believe the counts are over 100. :(

I know! But I've done them all! All bounties, PvE and PvP, daily public event, daily story, and a bunch of crucible. Just need something that gives a decent amount of XP to help with how boring things are getting.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Also an invitation for leechers once again. It's about time they start rewarding people for their actual activities.
leeching or seeking the PLR is unavoidable, universal behavior that needs to be factored into design. you still need to win to actually get the rewards. the major problem this alleviates is that people would leave, sometimes en masse just two or three minutes into a match becaues of the lack of any iron banner progression for a loss.
So this means that, assuming the Medallion provides 15-20 reputation upon the next win .. we will receive 15-20 Iron Banner rep + 25 Iron Banner rep for the win?

That is a great idea! So even if I want to jump in solo one night, and my team's don't do so well and I collect a bunch of Medallions, the next time I party up with some Gaffers I'll be able to cash them all in.
yep, precisely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom