• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.
Created a new warlock a few days ago, finally go it up to 20, then up to 29 switching gear from my main warlock. Ran the raid with some newbies and the raid chest drops after beating the gatekeeper...finally. Didn't get a chance to beat Atheon yet cause some folks had to leave, but now I have the raid boots and chest, would like to get both helmet and gaunlets but either will do and I'll exotic the other piece to get to 30. And to think I almost didn't make that alt., rng is with me lol.

Lol those people left cause they'd cheesed atheon already. I hate that shit

I'm sick of going up against stacked teams in the crucible and losing. I'm not even doing poorly, I do rather well individually, but it seems like regardless of how well I do my team gets blown out most of the time. I have no way, to tell but I have to suspect it's because I'm mostly going up against parties. I mean, even without skill based matchmaking it feels like the level of competition should level out over time since most players are average, but it doesn't seem like that's happening for me, so I have to suspect I'm mostly going up against parties. Regardless, I'm getting frustrated and I'm losing my will to play now. Sorry for venting here.

Namikaze1

*sigh* this is all I really want to do but can't seem to get a group for it. Instead I'm wasting my time carrying people through hard raid who have no business being there, don't even try while playing, and then act ungrateful about it anyway. I love helping people raid, but when dudes show up with 2 rare weapons, or are Lv 28 with no upgraded weapons, or don't even listen to advice... I end up wasting 20k glimmer on heavy synth and 3+ hours on one boss when I'm not getting loot drops anyway. All that raid cheese really skewed people's perception of just how challenging the "real" hard raid is. It's just a game, but it still bothers me how selfish people can be about it.
This is why I am not a fan of the cheese. Most who played the raid on hard only know what it is like to face Athean on that difficulty and just him alone. Most probably don't even know how to use the relic. It really sucks playing with people who don't listen. There was one day two weeks ago where I played with several people not part of my usual raid group. They wanted help so I offer to help them. I left to orbit after dying for the tenth time during the confluxes phase. People just wouldnt listen to advise. Since then, I became a bit picky over who I play with if they're not part of my usual raid group.

And no same person should ever bring blue weapons to the raid. Seriously, if you (not you, Boguester) are bringing blues with you, you have no business being in the raid regardless of what level you are.

SonComet

I've only done VoG once before. But I'd like to give it another go if anyone still needs someone. 28 defender Titan. PSN is the same as on here.

blackjaw

I'm sick of going up against stacked teams in the crucible and losing. I'm not even doing poorly, I do rather well individually, but it seems like regardless of how well I do my team gets blown out most of the time. I have no way, to tell but I have to suspect it's because I'm mostly going up against parties. I mean, even without skill based matchmaking it feels like the level of competition should level out over time since most players are average, but it doesn't seem like that's happening for me, so I have to suspect I'm mostly going up against parties. Regardless, I'm getting frustrated and I'm losing my will to play now. Sorry for venting here.

Me and some friends just dominated in control...hope that wasn't you, I was embarrassed for them and started dancing. I mean, when its triple or quadruple the score of the other team it gets awkward.

Anyone want to help me do the Weekly Heroic on 28. I'm 27 and just can't get through these wizards shields.

Xbox One. natethegreat409

I need coins for that Suros.

Me and some friends just dominated in control...hope that wasn't you, I was embarrassed for them and started dancing. I mean, when its triple or quadruple the score of the other team it gets awkward.

maybe it was lol. It makes it even worse when the other team starts dancing in the middle of a match, to me it's way more irritating than teabagging.

This is why I am not a fan of the cheese. Most who played the raid on hard only know what it is like to face Athean on that difficulty and just him alone. Most probably don't even know how to use the relic. It really sucks playing with people who don't listen. There was one day two weeks ago where I played with several people not part of my usual raid group. They wanted help so I offer to help them. I left to orbit after dying for the tenth time during the confluxes phase. People just wouldnt listen to advise. Since then, I became a bit picky over who I play with if they're not part of my usual raid group.

And no same person should ever bring blue weapons to the raid. Seriously, if you (not you, Boguester) are bringing blues with you, you have no business being in the raid regardless of what level you are.
++++++all of this

SharkJAW

A Suros Regime zoomed in the best scout rifle in the game, it's also the best auto rifle in the game and lastly pulse rifle(but do we even need to mention these?). Good lord.
Yeah, the Suros held its own against the Vex pre-nerf. Now, it reigns king; only top hand cannons can compare.

I hope Xur sells Gjallahorn again next week.

IF they are going to repeat weapons they may as well get em all.

They already resold Suros Regime and Red Death.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Yeah, the Suros held its own against the Vex pre-nerf. Now, it reigns king; only top hand cannons can compare.
Vision Of Confluence is close in quality to Suros, especially since Scout Rifles do considerably more critical damage than ARs and it can fire in full auto with literally almost zero recoil.

kaiiri

so I've been using suros for awhile now (picked it up when xur first had it) and have loved it. it's fully upgraded and I used it all the time.

recently tho.. I've started leveling alts and decided to give hand cannons a try since everyone and their mom swear by them.

and OMG have i grew to enjoy using them all the time. I picked up the vanguard one for my main and got it almost leveled (just two more energy slots to go) ....

so the point.. I was doing a public event. it was the one where you have to kill the target. now I've done these a million times before with suros. so I went in confident enough with my shiny new hand cannon (I mean he WAS only like level 9!!!) ....

but...... I couldn't kill him in time. got him to maybe half life. so my question...... how does hand cannons work vs ARs in bosses (or mini-bosses as this case was)?

I can't say I'm an amazing shot (I went AR from the get go cause I'm not) ... but I generally get the head shots I want. yet I couldn't down this stupid target.

so is hand cannons only good situationally then? am I missing something? a strategy used by all HC users?

heeeeeelp me be a better guardian!

Alucrid

Banned
so I've been using suros for awhile now (picked it up when xur first had it) and have loved it. it's fully upgraded and I used it all the time.

recently tho.. I've started leveling alts and decided to give hand cannons a try since everyone and their mom swear by them.

and OMG have i grew to enjoy using them all the time. I picked up the vanguard one for my main and got it almost leveled (just two more energy slots to go) ....

so the point.. I was doing a public event. it was the one where you have to kill the target. now I've done these a million times before with suros. so I went in confident enough with my shiny new hand cannon (I mean he WAS only like level 9!!!) ....

but...... I couldn't kill him in time. got him to maybe half life. so my question...... how does hand cannons work vs ARs in bosses (or mini-bosses as this case was)?

I can't say I'm an amazing shot (I went AR from the get go cause I'm not) ... but I generally get the head shots I want. yet I couldn't down this stupid target.

so is hand cannons only good situationally then? am I missing something? a strategy used by all HC users?

that's not a hand cannon vs ar issue, the kill the target public events can just be a pain in the ass

Haha, I'm 99% sure I know the people you helped out. (In RL)

Dante316

Those lvl 9s are hard no matter what you have. You have to pummle them alot to get health down to zero plus you probably didn't lower their shield. Also depends on your perks of hc, all hc are not created equal.

jadedm17

Quoting for new page. Did anyone post this yet? Two Man HARD MODE Raid

Try one of the LFG sites? They often have a couple on there.

The hell did I just watch far too much of? That's.... Damn. Crazy? Not fun? Impressive? It's wow atleast.

Turn between Suros Regime and Voidfang Vestments. I want the weapon, but I have no exotic armor yet.

That's... Tough. Personally I have two exotic helmets, one of which I got recently, so I chose Suros. Thankfully my decision was kinda made for me. As for the Vestments I've gotta say those perks looks great and they look great on a Warlock. Both will be great choices. If you have motes I say gamble on the engram - that's how I got my first helmet - since you may luck out and get an exotic armor and Suros.

In my experience that's usually because people dropped out and never got replaced; Personally I've had matches where half my team quit and they were replaced ten minutes later with 90 seconds left.

Mattiator

Hello all :).
Is it true the suros should not be upgraded at all?

And I have the hard atheon checkpoint I will be on for the next 15 to 20 minutes if anybody wants it I would like to do it in a wave or two so if you would like it add me and be patient till I get 6. It is for ps4. When I say in a wave or two I will give two waves of people the checkpoint so you can pass it on or attempt it with your friends :).

Also I have no mic I'm in bed on my vita.

Psn Mattiator85.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
leveled my new gauntlets a tiny bit and got to test out my new spinal infinity build with a few of you fine GAFers in Clash

here are the results of my first five matches ever using it
B0w0XQhCEAAlnM8.jpg:large

B0w2oKICQAAW0RW.jpg:large

B0w5CUFCAAAxdhR.jpg:large

B0w7NhTCEAA8get.jpg:large

B0w91_oCEAAkDDP.jpg:large
4 wins 1 loss, note the server leader in kills in each match including the loss. that last one was one of my top 3 best matches ever, and my record for kills in the crucible so far, and our 6th man was missing the majority of the match.

note these matches were my second through sixth time ever using Gunslinger in the Crucible, also my first time ever using Tripmine grenades. also I haven't even unlocked all of the Ahamkara's Spine upgrades, settled on a skill configuration (my word throwing knives are amazing), or min-maxed the build with other gear yet

yeah I might stick with this one a bit.

Hello all :).
Is it true the suros should not be upgraded at all?

And I have the hard atheon checkpoint I will be on for the next 15 to 20 minutes if anybody wants it I would like to do it in a wave or two so if you would like it add me and be patient till I get 6. It is for ps4.

Psn Mattiator85.

I had to leave my previous group at the gatekeepers during the last run.

I don't mind doing atheon now

psn-Dhruv_Hanom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom