• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't say amazing, because it's below average in almost all areas that are important to handcannons. The 6 bullet magazine for instance is devastating, especially combined with a low reload speed. The stability stat is also too low which pretty much makes it mandatory to choose the Perfect Balance upgrade.

Mark of the Devourer is its special trait, but I wouldn't say that it weighs up all the downsides. There are plenty of better handcannons that are easier, faster and especially much safer to handle in both PvE and PvP.
The small magazine wouldn't even be a big deal if they just retooled how the trait works. 6 shots really isn't an issue. The slow reload sucks and should be adjusted slightly. Fortunately chain of woe helps with that, but of course not every class has that.

jadedm17

Thanks to mattiator85 I cheesed hard Atheon for raid helmet and sparrow. Considering that's my first hard defeat I'm very happy- I still need boots for 30 but this sparrow is freaking crazy.

Alright back to my loser hunter now....

Edit : Just did one control pvp and enter a half-over match to dominate my way to second with a 10 kill streak. That's was fun, what a good night this is.

Amooox

So I buy a Sorus today as my first exotic weapon ever and later after doing the daily I get a purple engram and it gets decoded into another Sorus. This is some sick joke the game is playing on me. I want my 23 coins back :(.

jadedm17

So I buy a Sorus today as my first exotic weapon ever and later after doing the daily I get a purple engram and it gets decoded into another Sorus. This is some sick joke the game is playing on me. I want my 23 coins back :(.
That is cruel but be happy to have it- I'm fucking loving this for pvp.

Now your alt has a SUROS; everybody gets a SUROS. Rahool must want to be Oprah today.

Amooox

That is cruel but be happy to have it- I'm fucking loving this for pvp.

I am grateful and I am loving it. I really hate how useless a second one is though, I can't trade it or even give it away and breaking it would only give me energies and I have a lot of those.

Now your alt has a SUROS; everybody gets a SUROS. Rahool must want to be Oprah today.

I don't have an alt. That's why it hurts, I don't think I can get enough coins before next week.

Jerbs

Probably a dumb question...

I did the raid for the first time tonight with an experienced group. Got the trophy. Afterwards, Venus still has the ! icon. Did I miss something?

Thanks in advance.

Here's my situation. My Uncle needs two strange coins to get the Sorus Regime Auto Rifle. Me and him can't do it alone. He's actually a really good player and I'm more of a average player (FPS really isn't something I like, got it to play with him until he moves on to COD)

I'm looking for two people to help him beat the weekly Heroic strike once so he can get the two strange coins he needs for the auto rifle.

He's working nights tonight, he'll be on @1230 noon tomorrow Saturday (US Central Time). I don't have his permission yet to post his PSN here so add me PSN Frost-Fiend (if you're interested in helping) and I'll set everything up tomorrow at 1230 so you can help him get the strange coins he needs.

If you decide to help thanks in advance.

I'll just slip this in here. :)

Manp

so, should i spend all my strange coins on the Suros or get the armamentarium?
i already have an exotic helm fully leveled, but lack a fully leveled legendary helm so leveling both the exotic chest armor and a legendary helm would require lot of work (i have like 3 ascendant shard right now).
i also don't have an exotic primary which would be nice i guess.

i don't particularly like how the armamentarium looks but that second grenade...

:)

I don't have an alt. That's why it hurts, I don't think I can get enough coins before next week.

I feel ya. So many talk about running all their alts every week, and I struggle to just keep my sole character on the slow and struggling path that is lvl 30.

Might change that up in the next few weeks since I'm getting sick of having little ass material for each upgrade and Warlock/Titan exotics sitting in the vault.

Coins are pretty easy to get through Vanguard Tiger and sometimes a week won't have anything of interest. This week for example Xur had nothing really appealing personally, and I missed last weekend while traveling.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Here's my situation. My Uncle needs two strange coins to get the Sorus Regime Auto Rifle. Me and him can't do it alone. He's actually a really good player and I'm more of a average player (FPS really isn't something I like, got it to play with him until he moves on to COD)

I'm looking for two people to help him beat the weekly Heroic strike once so he can get the two strange coins he needs for the auto rifle.

He's working nights tonight, he'll be on @1230 noon tomorrow Saturday (US Central Time). I don't have his permission yet to post his PSN here so add me PSN Frost-Fiend (if you're interested in helping) and I'll set everything up tomorrow at 1230 so you can help him get the strange coins he needs.

If you decide to help thanks in advance.
i should be able to help with this. what level is he?

jadedm17

I am grateful and I am loving it. I really hate how useless a second one is though, I can't trade it or even give it away and breaking it would only give me energies and I have a lot of those.

I like the alt idea, I'm having fun with my 25 hunter since my warlock is at a brick wall at 29.
Why don't you think you'll have coins? If you're on ps4 I'll carry you through weekly if you need- that's what I've been doing for my friends to help bring them up a few levels. (Hi to my friend still rocking a rare weapon if you're reading this.)
I'll just slip this in here. :)
Ditto. PSN : notjaded
Should be on around 1230 est

so, should i spend all my strange coins on the Suros or get the armamentarium?
i already have an exotic helm fully leveled, but lack a fully leveled legendary helm so leveling both the exotic chest armor and a legendary helm would require lot of work (i have like 3 ascendant shard right now).
i also don't have an exotic primary which would be nice i guess.

i don't particularly like how the armamentarium looks but that second grenade...

:)

My vote is Suros, I'm loving mine. Don't worry about shards though, the vault has plenty. (Plus you can buy and tear apart gear with unused marks.) The helmet is only hard mode so if you want level 30 having an exotic helmet is your best bet. (I've got two.)

breakfuss

I feel ya. So many talk about running all their alts every week, and I struggle to just keep my sole character on the slow and struggling path that is lvl 30.

Might change that up in the next few weeks since I'm getting sick of having little ass material for each upgrade and Warlock/Titan exotics sitting in the vault.

My advice is to just take the leap. I was hesitant as well but I'm glad I finally have one. My luck hasn't suddenly changed with drops lol (in fact, I've gotten no raid gear with my alt), but collecting shards/energy and coins is so much easier now. Plus it helps to break up some of the monotony.

realcZk

Finally level 30...

I like suros a lot. I still prefer hc in PvP and it doesn't feel that strong. Hc can still kill quicker it feels like. It's a good pve gun and wow that heal ability (starts health regeneration) is pretty great. Will be a good gun to use when I need a break from hc or feeling lazy with my aim.

My advice is to just take the leap. I was hesitant as well but I'm glad I finally have one. My luck hasn't suddenly changed with drops lol (in fact, I've gotten no raid gear with my alt), but collecting shards/energy and coins is so much easier now. Plus it helps to break up some of the monotony.

Only problem is I'll forget what class I'm using and use an ability or a jump a certain way while thinking it's going to go much more different than what it actually does : )

Will likely do a Sunsinger Warlock next, and then Defender Titan.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
ahhhh. did a whole lot of evenly upgrading my weapons in order to finally finish my first one
B0xzsJ5CAAAWey9.jpg:large
<3 night night gaf

Zakalwe

Banned
Going to lead a raid for new raiders today. Normal mode if course. Level 28 ideal but a couple of 27 would be workable. Mics required.

First slots to to those who've never run it before and would like to be taught the fights and mechanics.

I'm a level 30 Titan Defender. Completed both normal and hard multiple time.

Psn: astropoff

Looking to start between 12-1pm gmt.

Quote this post and add your name if you'd like to join. If your psn is different, add it next to your gaff name.

1. Zakalwe (astropoff) - Titan Defender lvl 30

Edit:

Ps4

Please add your class and level

Amooox

Enough coins for what?

Enough coins for whatever Xur is offering next week.

Coins are pretty easy to get through Vanguard Tiger and sometimes a week won't have anything of interest. This week for example Xur had nothing really appealing personally, and I missed last weekend while traveling.

I would consider going with an alt but the game is taking too much of my time as it is. I also want to quit it soon after I run through the raid at least once. I think by then I will have seen all the game has to offer.

I like the alt idea, I'm having fun with my 25 hunter since my warlock is at a brick wall at 29.
Why don't you think you'll have coins? If you're on ps4 I'll carry you through weekly if you need- that's what I've been doing for my friends to help bring them up a few levels. (Hi to my friend still rocking a rare weapon if you're reading this.)

Well weekly only gives 9 coins, there are other ways to get coins but they're not guaranteed and so far I've stayed away from chasing random loot.

I appreciate the offer but I've been running the lvl28 weekly for the past 3 weeks with no problems. I will add you though so we can play sometime :).

You know up until today I was fighting my way through the game with a blue primary. Sorus makes a huge difference.

jadedm17

Only problem is I'll forget what class I'm using and use an ability or a jump a certain way while thinking it's going to go much more different than what it actually does : )

Will likely do a Sunsinger Warlock next, and then Defender Titan.

Using my Hunter I'm fine with supers but I'll never get used to not having the hover my Warlock has. Yesterday I shot a rocket at a wall in front of me in pvp thinking I would hover after I jumped.

You know up until today I was fighting my way through the game with a blue primary. Sorus makes a huge difference.

On you meant for weapons. Yes, sometimes you gotta take the leap. I love my new Soros, I need my buddy to get on so we can get him one.

As for coins I get them regularly from doing the daily mission and first public event, as well as loot chest farming on Mars and occasionally crucible. Playing (maybe too much) regularly should get you another 8 or so for 17 coin weapons. 23 in a week is doable.

beat another raid with my alt, no gear at all. All ass mats except for chatterwhite. So frustrating.

If you can find someone with a hard Atheon checkpoint (and are on ps4) I'd be willing to help cheese Atheon on hard for you if that'd help at all. (That's what I got on normal, hard it got helmet and sparrow tonight.)

thaOwner

Going to lead a raid for new raiders today. Normal mode if course. Level 28 ideal but a couple of 27 would be workable. Mics required.

First slots to to those who've never run it before and would like to be taught the fights and mechanics.

I'm a level 30 Titan Defender. Completed both normal and hard multiple time.

Quote this post and add your name if you'd like to join. If your psn is different, add it next to your gaff name.

1. Zakalwe (astropoff)
2.Gen_hof

B
Name added sir.

AngerdX

I got a lvl 28 hunter alt, i would like to run thru normal VoG with, so if anyone needs an body feel free to add me. Psn: AengerdX

TURBO1112

If you can find someone with a hard Atheon checkpoint (and are on ps4) I'd be willing to help cheese Atheon on hard for you if that'd help at all. (That's what I got on normal, hard it got helmet and sparrow tonight.)

On Xbox one. Thanks anyways though. Have actually beaten it on hard also.

Oh snap. Member status. Finally.

1. Zakalwe (astropoff)
2. StaffyManasse
3. Gen_hof

I assume PS4?

I have done the raid couple times but I am not 100% sure on all of the eer...strategies and I get lost at the maze. I'll try to be on (got some stuff to do before and not sure how long it will take) but if I don't show up on time feel free to replace me

Edit: added Gen_hof

kuppy

I feel like I can't use any gun but the MIDA now.

I really need to find another gun with that same agility boost.

plus it's just a badass weapon.
Could be because I'm already very high on agility, but I think the expended ammo is way more important for me. And yes, since the patch I'm very happy with this gun, too.

Am I fucking brain-dead? I'm starting to question it.

Cause I don't understand why I can get through pretty much the entire Raid in 60 minutes... except this goddamn, life-sucking, soul-destroying, gatekeeper portal bullshit, which I can spend up to 2 hours failing before fluking into victory without changing a goddamn thing about my strategy.

Go in one portal, take out gatekeeper until he's almost dead. Back out. Go to next portal. Kill gatekeeper, retrieve relic, go back to other portal, kill gatekeeper immediately, retrieve relic, throw middle-fingers in the air in Bungie's general direction.

I've been part of groups that have done it quite easily. And eventually it always works. But my god, if there isn't some niggling bullshit that goes wrong 99 times out of 100 that absolutely ass-fucks you, and renders all the progress made in that attempt mute by virtue of not having 6 healthy guardians targeting exactly the right thing at exactly the right time.

Fuuuuuuuuuuck.

Oh, and I've basically completed two full sets of raid gear, cause god forbid the game actually give me the Multitool and The Last Word or even the Confluence of Whatever-the-fuck that I actually want. Argh.

/rant

*goes to sleep*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom