• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manp

My vote is Suros, I'm loving mine. Don't worry about shards though, the vault has plenty. (Plus you can buy and tear apart gear with unused marks.) The helmet is only hard mode so if you want level 30 having an exotic helmet is your best bet. (I've got two.)

got the Suros :)

tnx

Right, I've got the Hard Oracles checkpoint on Xbone. Looking to cheese both the glowy bastards and the big floaty Templar bastard with my level 29 Titan, and see if I can't get the boots from a drop. One spot is definitely filled up, two are potentiall taken. If you're interested to play in the coming hours, send me a message on XBL (BlueNinja BE) or a PM on Gaf.

Special C

I can feel Destiny slowly losing it's luster for me. I still have a few things to accomplish but once I've gotten the maxed gear I don't really see a reason to start collecting stuff I'll never use. Warframe did it right with needing to customize loadouts to min/max versus different enemy factions and the fact that you gain an overall "Mastery Rank" for leveling up the 20 or so characters and 100 or so weapons. It's sad because the core gameplay in Destiny is so much better, but they havent really nailed the endgame yet.

Of course the expansions will change all that and I'm sure I'll be picking it back up for a good couple of months when the new content comes out.

Zakalwe

Banned
There's nothing helping you be a more well rounded player if you don't have any good void weapons. It's just handicapping the way you play.

It's a stupid bounty for a bad weapon, even if it is getting buffed who knows when. There's no getting around that.

It's supposed to be difficult, finding the void weapon is part of the difficulty. Finding a good rare FR is not exactly epically hard though.

And Thorn is great in pvp if you can adapt to its playstyle, many players will attest to this.

It's not great in pve currently, but it's only a bad pvp weapon if you don't know how to work it.

Special C

That feel when you're farming mats and chests and a party of 3 muscle in ._.

I don't mind that really. When I'm farming and I see another person farming I just follow them and pick stuff up behind them. It's better for both because nobody is taking the other person's mats, and sometimes I learn a few new locations

Victrix

*beard*
Thorn is the only hard weapon you actually have to earn right now, I like that.

This, Thorn was the coolest of the exotic bounties.

Once it gets its power tuned, should be a lot more satisfying.

Honestly the exotic bounties tying little bits of story to the weapons was really neat, and more interesting by far than spending some coins at xur or lucking into one in a weekly.

Not that they were all well executed, or rewarded worthy weapons mind you, but the basic idea is sound.

I have mixed feelings about the forced pvp nature of some of them. It doesn't bother me at all because I love pvp, but for people who dislike or actively avoid it, it's a real barrier.

On the other hand, there are some people who have no interest in raiding or pve content, and there's no other way to get raid weapons or armor.

Ultimately they've got the data to see who tackled what bounties and struggled with them, so when they finally get around to patching this game maybe we'll see some changes.

noomi

Guys possible silly question...... I am almost level 29, I just need one armor upgrade (+2 light and I'm there)

Currently I have armor 1 piece sitting at light level 22, and I am at the end of the upgrade tree where the last 3 upgrades are stacked vertically (defense, all give light stat). Now.... I know that legendary armor pieces only goes up to level 27, meaning one of those upgrades will only yield +1 light while the other 2 give +2 light....since I need +2 light I'm just curious which upgrade gives only +1 light, is it the first one?

Ship is garbage but CM is damn nice if you didn't already have it. Sorry for losing my patience at the very end, but that guy's dumb comment trying to tell me how to cheese Atheon was the final straw. You were totally cool and it was fun playing as always, but most of those other guys were just expecting to get carried.

*sigh* this is all I really want to do but can't seem to get a group for it. Instead I'm wasting my time carrying people through hard raid who have no business being there, don't even try while playing, and then act ungrateful about it anyway. I love helping people raid, but when dudes show up with 2 rare weapons, or are Lv 28 with no upgraded weapons, or don't even listen to advice... I end up wasting 20k glimmer on heavy synth and 3+ hours on one boss when I'm not getting loot drops anyway. All that raid cheese really skewed people's perception of just how challenging the "real" hard raid is. It's just a game, but it still bothers me how selfish people can be about it.

Since I organized that Raid I can´t help but feel adressed by this. There was a lot of miscommunication which was the biggest reason we failed at the gates. We lacked direction and cohesion as a group. I definetely felt I was the weakest link there, in part because I had forgotten to swap my legendary shotgun and MG over to my main and the fact I was allready up for 21 hrs, but I sure as hell tried.

Nobody wanted to go in the portals but when it was time to go into the portals people kept hovering around it making it unclear who was going in and who wasn´t. It wasn´t the best group but don´t make it sound like you two were the only ones putting in work.

Quite honestly I find your post a little offensive.

Steroyd

Holy fucking shit, just tried my Suros Regme in the Crucible for the first time and I got top score PERIOD for 2 games in a row... this is post nerf? Wat!?

Zakalwe

Banned
Repost for new page:

Going to lead a raid for new raiders today. Normal mode if course. Level 28 ideal but a couple of 27 would be workable. Mics required.

First slots to to those who've never run it before and would like to be taught the fights and mechanics.

I'm a level 30 Titan Defender. Completed both normal and hard multiple time.

Psn: astropoff

Looking to start between 12-1pm gmt.

Quote this post and add your name if you'd like to join. If your psn is different, add it next to your gaff name.

1. Zakalwe (astropoff) - Titan Defender lvl 30
2. StaffyManasse
3. Gen_hof
4. blazeuk - Warlock Sunsinger lvl 28

TTG

So, is the "Unknown Patron"(exotic scout) bounty currently not in the game? I've never seen it talked about and it hasn't come up for me in 5 rolls.

So much fun experimenting with gear in this game.
Here is a post for you Sunsingers.

So I am currently trying the praxic of fire exotic chest. This one comes with 126 disp fully upgraded and it lets me carry more fusion and heavy ammo.

I coupled this with "radiant will" and "gift of the sun".
The following test was made with both my nades powered up.
I first threw 2 grenades before hitting radiance which then let me spam throw 10-11 grenades.
The amount of dps you can throw at stuff is sick!

Still love my Sunbreakers tho cause with them i have 100% int vs 83% without. Depending on what I'm doing I have 2 sets of gear I switch between.

I have 200 vanguard marks. Usually I buy armour to dismantle for shards. Are there some decent legendary weapons from the vanguard quartermaster that I should buy instead?

wbarreda

Cross post from the Nightfall/raid thread:

Doing a normal raid tonight at 9pm Central Europe Daylight Time (3pm East Coast) and am looking for 3 people on Xbox One. Two of us have done the raid before and the third is a newbie. Shoot me a message on live or reply here with your GT and I will send out the invite.
1. wbarreda (my GT)
2. Shadowwalker8228
3. dc0322

TTG

Not currently. Might be dlc.

Thanks for the info. I guess Super Good Advice will be my last exotic bounty. Preliminary review for all of them based on what I've heard of the exotic LMG:

-Invective is a real treasure
-Thorn bounty is loads of fun to do
-Fucking Bad Juju...

Zakalwe

Banned
Still need 2-3 for a normal mode raid leaving ASAP.

Anyone who hasn't tired it before please join us if you have a couple if hours. Can teach you the various tactics and mechanics.

If anyone else would like to help make up numbers. I'd much rather father from here than lfg.net as that site's a pain to navigate on my phone. >.<

I'll start adding people in 15 minutes.

The Devil You Know is a good hand cannon.
Not as good as The Last Word tho.

I love TLW, but I think TDYK is a better pve gun.

OmegaSpur

Repost for new page:

Going to lead a raid for new raiders today. Normal mode if course. Level 28 ideal but a couple of 27 would be workable. Mics required.

First slots to to those who've never run it before and would like to be taught the fights and mechanics.

Quote this post and add your name if you'd like to join. If your psn is different, add it next to your gaff name.

2. StaffyManasse
3. Gen_hof

I'd like to join you if poss. PSN: IssitDough

27 Warlock

Thanks I'll pick that one up. I'm on a hand cannon spree right now too just getting Hawkmoon and working on the thorn bounty.

Hawkmoon is an absolute beast. Three shots people in Crucible, two if you get lucky with the random bullets. I also love it in PVE, since I don't have Fatebringer yet.

Ikkarus

Repost for new page:

2. StaffyManasse
3. Gen_hof
Would of loved to have joined but I'm not at home today. :(

Don't worry, I'll be doing this most weekends and other Gaf members do it often too. :)

Adding people now. Still might need 2 more.

Can I join?

I'm Lvl 29 Warlock Sunsinger. Never really played the Raid properly, certainly not from the start and don;t really know what's going on so would love to be taught :)

Katana_Strikes

YESSSSSSS! Finally 30!

EifRLx.jpg

I went 4 weeks through the raid with no raid armour, then bam 2 pieces last week and 1 this week. Xur brought me the exotic gauntlet engram yesterday which turned into Titan No Backup Plans to take the place of the raid gauntlets I am missing. I still want them! But I can now be at peace at level 30. Woohoo!

wbarreda

I did the raid this week but was kicked to orbit during the Conflux/Oracles and came back to beat the Templar. Will I get a drop if I replay the oracle fight?

Dear Raid RNG,

Please give me Raid Booties,

You can keep the Mythoclast, you can keep every other piece of armor you're given me twice, just give me the booties.

Love, your favorite Warlock.

YESSSSSSS! Finally 30!

EifRLx.jpg

I went 4 weeks through the raid with no raid armour, then bam 2 pieces last week and 1 this week. Xur brought me the exotic gauntlet engram yesterday which turned into Titan No Backup Plans to take the place of the raid gauntlets I am missing. I still want them! But I can now be at peace at level 30. Woohoo!

The only way that look could've been any slicker was if your arms and mark had the same color.

I'm leveling my final raid piece on my alt. It's kinda ironic she'll be the first to reach 30, and my Titan is still waiting. :lol

YESSSSSSS! Finally 30!

EifRLx.jpg

Congrats!

I did the raid this week but was kicked to orbit during the Conflux/Oracles and came back to beat the Templar. Will I get a drop if I replay the oracle fight?

Try checking on Bungie.net > Legend > Advisors. The yellow boxes show which bosses you've looted (doesn't show chests) if the one for the oracle is empty then you can go back and get the drop.

TP-DK

I only needed two vanguard marks to buy the Devil You Know, and I just hit the weekly cap..

On another note, I just got My 6th exotic bounty. I chose the invective, Even though I already have it, but its easy to do, and I can dismantle it for some energy.

Tovarisc

Dear Raid RNG,

Please give me Raid Booties,

You can keep the Mythoclast, you can keep every other piece of armor you're given me twice, just give me the booties.

Love, your favorite Warlock.

You should know by now that only blood sacrifice works and even then it's not guaranteed that RNGeesus blesses you.

wbarreda

Congrats!

Try checking on Bungie.net > Legend > Advisors. The yellow boxes show which bosses you've looted (doesn't show chests) if the one for the oracle is empty then you can go back and get the drop.

Thanks, one of the boxes isn't filled in so it looks like I will get a drop.

Daggoth

Anyone else being stung repeatedly by bees? Can't complete any Mars patrols at the moment. AU servers.

On another subject, not today because I'm away, but are there any kind souls willing to show the raid to a total newbie? I'm 28, have a Suros and solar light/beware, and that's about it :(

Daemul

Lord, I feel like such a dick for complaining about having to do 4 Raid runs to get all my Raid gear, when there's people who've run it 15-20+ times and either haven't gotten shit, or just gotten duplicates of the same armour piece.

QP3

Hope everyone is having fun, just a quick question from a 20 Warlock...

How the hell do I unlock Blink? I have all the abilities preceding it, but have yet to make progress on it's unlock.

Marvel

could never
Just bought grenade tits for my Titan alt (my second one since I stupidly deleted my last Titan)

Hope everyone is having fun, just a quick question from a 20 Warlock...

How the hell do I unlock Blink? I have all the abilities preceding it, but have yet to make progress on it's unlock.

You just gotta keep playing, it'll unlock eventually. One of the last abilities you get.

SP17

Repost for new page:

2. StaffyManasse
3. Gen_hof
I can join if you are still looking, psn is arrosev, iv done it a few times before though

Deku Tree

I got my Titan to level 10 in 2h51m of play time. Doing a few bounties makes a big difference because of the extra experience bonus. The extra 400 experience that you get from doing the heroic missions instead of normal seems like a pathetic reward for the additional difficulty.

Wow I had forgotten how completely terrible and pointless is the story.

It is fun to play as a Titan.

hitlerat

Repost for new page:

2. StaffyManasse
3. Gen_hof

Can I join? Level 29 (completed raid just one time)
PSN : Ganryu_GDM

Completed first run of the raid^^ Total time played so far, according to the Destiny app, is 75 hours. Crazy. Longer than any RPG from last gen (Nin no kuni and Skyrim I clocked in around 70 a piece) and even longer than I spent with Final Fantasy XIII and XIII-2 combined. And I am still playing this almost every day... and the DLC has not even hit yet. I think I have a sickness... and more Ass shards are the only cure^^

P.S. Leveled up bad Ju Ju to the point of needing Ass energy and I think that it just is not cutting it at level 26-28 missions. What is a good replacement Pulse Rifle (Exotic or Legendary)? Thanks^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom